Congrats btw

It was entertaining SeemsGood

yes

in descending order

- the upload

- the imgur cancer

- the caption

- the ghb

Took many, many tries with different experimental teams, but I finally got it done with horse emblem. I had my Gronraven TA3 Cecilia take out the lower dagger user, and then Camus with Grani's shield and horse buffs took out the green cav the following turn, along with Ursula and the sword cav in the enemy. The rest was easy peasy. Guess Grani's Shield has some use after all!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Legions infernal took me way longer to solve (I have been shorter on good units then, granted), but also Valters infernal was at least on the same level as Ursulas. 

Legion comes the closest in terms of difficulty, but his GHB was also the first to feature Infernal, so the learning curve throws it off a little.

I consider Ursula difficult because you can’t do very much on turn one other than move a unit into range that will survive enemy phase. However, when the bulk of the strategy involves baiting it limits what you can use. Guard on Ursula in Infernal certainly wasn’t making things better.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@MrSmokestack is this weird guy who thinks Valter is the easiest thing in the world. To this day i don't know what happened with him

To be fair i considered Legion stupidly easy, and so is this one

A map that you can trivialize with one (1) Brave archer is not a difficult map. Bonus points for using Etrurian Scum.

Then again I did have Escape Route on both Bride Cordelia and Ninian which got me out of some situations that would have been unwinnable.

Legion? Easy? You’re the wierd one

37 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

How could you cheese Legion? I had to wait for the rerun to solve infernal. 

Brave Axebreaker is the closest thing I can think of as far as cheesing goes. I know that’s what I used for my Infernal clear.

I beat Valter in one attempt because the archer on the right fails to OHKO Bride Cordelia turn one, triggering her Escape Route and letting her warp around the map as needed.

That was really challenging. I finally got it with Innes, male Robin, Reinhardt and Inigo. Pretty weird team, but it was fun to try something different! 

Black Knight seems like he'd be exceptional at this map, but I've never really used an armor unit, so I'm sure I would've messed things up and turned him into Ursula's breakfast.

Got it done with my recently built armor team of Black Knight, Hector, Effie, and Sheena. Effie contributed nothing (her fortify armor didn't end up impacting any of the matchups), Black Knight and Hector did all the heavy lifting (ward armor from BK was necessary for my -res Hector to survive Ursula), and Sheena made great bait for the green cavalier (her resistance was a lot higher than Hector's, but she doesn't have distant counter so he attacked her instead. Had he attacked Hector, he would not have survived Ursula). 

Hector took out Ursula on enemy phase and Black Knight WoM next to him to kill the green cavalier. Once the mages are gone, cleanup's easy. 

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Legion comes the closest in terms of difficulty, but his GHB was also the first to feature Infernal, so the learning curve throws it off a little.

I consider Ursula difficult because you can’t do very much on turn one other than move a unit into range that will survive enemy phase. However, when the bulk of the strategy involves baiting it limits what you can use. Guard on Ursula in Infernal certainly wasn’t making things better.

A map that you can trivialize with one (1) Brave archer is not a difficult map. Bonus points for using Etrurian Scum.

Then again I did have Escape Route on both Bride Cordelia and Ninian which got me out of some situations that would have been unwinnable.

Legion? Easy? You’re the wierd one

Brave Axebreaker is the closest thing I can think of as far as cheesing goes. I know that’s what I used for my Infernal clear.

I beat Valter in one attempt because the archer on the right fails to OHKO Bride Cordelia turn one, triggering her Escape Route and letting her warp around the map as needed.

Legion is like

Park Ursula and Cecilia

kill the ranged

No reinforcement in sight, drop Eliwood and Xander and call GG

Don't even need Horse Buff since iirc Horse Buff actually make that unwinnable.

A map that (1) is WAY harder on Hard is not a difficult map

Valter was so wtf, i actually screamed LIQUIDS ARE DOING IT for the entire run. And then Liquid did it

Praise Liquid

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Legion is like

horse emblem

Oh. No wonder.

Who is Liquid

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

MUST BE NICE

HAVING A BRAVE ARCHER

I did it with all fliers because I had to maneuver a lot  

Fliers are awesome to have on Valter’s map. The archers make it tricky but the positioning value in a map with so many obstacles is great.

imo still the hardest GHB map, especially with Infernal difficulty. Unlike most other GHBs the lack of space discourages Reposition chains for Horse Emblem and even refreshing becomes awkward since the dancer have a difficult time to maneuver out of range. It's easier if you have a DC armor against those Poison daggers but without it the pain is real.

Like you can trivialize the other maps with Reinhardt or a Brave Bow user while this one doesn't allow that.

EDIT:
btw. I did it with Black Knight, Hector, Nohr!Azura and F.Robin (4*). BK was almost offed by the green Armor if he hadn't Azura buffs.

Edited by Talandar

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh. No wonder.

Who is Liquid

Fliers are awesome to have on Valter’s map. The archers make it tricky but the positioning value in a map with so many obstacles is great.

Seriously speaking is Horse Emblem even cheating when you don't even run Horse Buff on that thing lol

For the record i would honestly say Legion Hard is the second hardest GHB after Navvare at that point while Infernal is the second easiest. Thats how ridiculous the Infernal really is

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner