Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

16 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Including breakers is kinda cheating though.
I was talking about that any ranged Brave attacker could clear these GHBs without specific investment. Giving Reinhardt Daggerbreaker is really specific.

Pretty sure I saw videos about someone who just uses 3 Dancer + Klein to clear a lot of Infernal maps ... without using any breakers of him.

I saw this clear with Setsuna + dancers. Setsuna 5*+0 +ATK had Brave bow+, Death Blow, WoM, Savage Blow, Reposition and Luna (no seal). The dancers (all Olivias) did no damage, gave some buffs and carried some basic seals to survive: 

It took her 14 hits to finish that armor. 

Edited by mampfoid

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

HAHA YEAH WE HAD ANOTHER ONE @u@ boy #2, Leon Ridley hahahahaha YES IM A NERD

Welcome to the two baby club!  How are you finding it?

I can't speak for being a nerd, my kids are named Leo and Est.

Will Leon's first words be "Valbar"?

@XRay Your sig pic looks so wrong, but it feels so right.  I want to taste that Reinhardt's Dire Thunder.

2 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I still can't decide if I like Ursula's artwork or not.  Her eyes look...weird.  She has a more serene look to her in FE7.  It's too bad, she was one of my favorite FE bosses.

Her personality is completely different in FE7.  She has devotion to Sonia, but she not batshit crazy like her art makes her look in Heroes.

I like original Ursula better, but I still have her on my main team.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Welcome to the two baby club!  How are you finding it?

He's yelling at me a lot .-. really taking after his middle namesake in that regard =u=;;

12 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I still can't decide if I like Ursula's artwork or not.  Her eyes look...weird.  She has a more serene look to her in FE7.  It's too bad, she was one of my favorite FE bosses.

Her artist can't seem to decide whether her outfit gives her boobs support or not. They're pushed up and squished together in her main portrait, but more or less hangin' free in all the other portraits.

Like c'mon I know boobs are hard to figure out but they can't be THAT difficult

And yeah they do kind of like a weird dominatrix fetish aesthetic with her in her art that I never got from her in the game. Shrug. 

Edited by BANRYU

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Her artist can't seem to decide whether her outfit gives her boobs support or not. They're pushed up and squished together in her main portrait, but more or less hangin' free in all the other portraits.

And yeah they do kind of like a weird dominatrix fetish aesthetic with her in her art that I never got from her in the game. Shrug. 

Ursula had them taped together, and the tape fell off as soon as she started bouncing around on her horse.

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I'm pretty sure IS perfected Anime Boobs already, dear @BANRYU.  For example the summer banners this year.  There's a reason (well, two reasons) Summer Tiki is one of my six characters with maxed out Hero Merit.

And I'm getting a Ivy Valentine vibe from her artwork.  I actually just suggested having Ursula cosplay as Ivy for Halloween.

8 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I'm pretty sure IS perfected Anime Boobs already, dear @BANRYU.  For example the summer banners this year.  There's a reason (well, two reasons) Summer Tiki is one of my six characters with maxed out Hero Merit.

Actually Tiki's artist messed up on the boobs too.

maxresdefault.jpg

90% of the time, clothing typically doesn't hug the exact curves of one's breasts, and especially in the midst of rigorous activity (IE combat), a bikini top of all things isn't gonna be hugging the underside of the boob like it does here (unless she manually tucked it under there which I guess is a possibility? Feels less plausible given the whole combat thing.

Good size, good squish, bonus for sideboob, but implausible clothing physics. good but far from perfect boobs, 7/10, maybe 8/10 at best.

Edited by BANRYU

41 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Boobs are hard to draw.

19 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

90% of the time, clothing typically doesn't hug the exact curves of one's breasts, and especially in the midst of rigorous activity (IE combat), a bikini top of all things isn't gonna be hugging the underside of the boob like it does here (unless she manually tucked it under there which I guess is a possibility? Feels less plausible given the whole combat thing.

Good size, good squish, bonus for sideboob, but implausible clothing physics. good but far from perfect boobs, 7/10, maybe 8/10 at best.

Clothing is even harder to draw (hence why I don't draw any most of the time).

The only real issue with her art is that the upper edge of the band going under her arm shouldn't be concave and sticking to her skin like that unless it got wedged underneath (not sure if her breasts are actually big enough for that to be feasible, though). Or maybe it's taped or glued. Or there's a wire.

The lower edge is fine.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Boobs are hard to draw.

The only real issue with her art is that the upper edge of the band going under her arm shouldn't be concave and sticking to her skin like that unless it got wedged underneath (not sure if her breasts are actually big enough for that to be feasible, though). Or maybe it's taped or glued. Or there's a wire.

The lower edge is fine.

I need to find various bras of mine and stand in the mirror to see how it looks, for science!

I've actually done similar stuff like this for reference for drawings of mine, though my art is still objectively terrible.

35 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Actually Tiki's artist messed up on the boobs too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmm, you may be right...except for one thing.  Tiki has obviously had a custom-made bra because it is tied in the front.  @BANRYU do you realize how awesome that is?  It would make it much easier to rip off, and you might get to see some neiss inadverdent exposure from it coming undone.  Fumbling getting a bra off is never fun.  So I would give our contestant a 9/10. 

1 minute ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Hmm, you may be right...except for one thing.  Tiki has obviously had a custom-made bra because it is tied in the front.  @BANRYU do you realize how awesome that is?  It would make it much easier to rip off, and you might get to see some neiss inadverdent exposure from it coming undone.  Fumbling getting a bra off is never fun.  So I would give our contestant a 9/10. 

You can get front closure bras that aren't custom.  I've got a couple.  And bra =/= bikini top.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Boobs are hard to draw.

The lower edge is fine.

Hey @Ice Dragon what do you think of this artwork?  ( . Y . )

Also, good sir, since you don't usually draw clothes, can you post a link to that artwork?  I suppose Ninian would be your specialty, which is good by me. :):

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Boobs are hard to draw.

The lower edge is fine.

Ah you know what, that's fair, those ARE both hard to draw. In counterpoint though, these ARE professional artists we're looking at here so I feel like they should be given somewhat less leeway. 

But yeah, I might be misunderstanding (it's possible that I'm in agreement if I'm not misunderstanding lol) but yeah the part where it goes under her boob and around her back should NOT be concave. 

2 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

It's not particularly atypical for bikini tops. Also I give this creepy comment about undressing Tiki a 0/10.

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Ah you know what, that's fair, those ARE both hard to draw. In counterpoint though, these ARE professional artists we're looking at here so I feel like they should be given somewhat less leeway. 

But yeah, I might be misunderstanding (it's possible that I'm in agreement if I'm not misunderstanding lol) but yeah the part where it goes under her boob and around her back should NOT be concave. 

It's not particularly atypical for bikini tops. Also I give this creepy comment about undressing Tiki a 0/10.

Does it make you feel any better knowing I was talking about bikinis in general?  Also, I am a handsome man and only play Fire Emblem for the storyline and challenging yet rewarding gameplay. 

7 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Hey @Ice Dragon what do you think of this artwork?  ( . Y . )

Rather unappealing. They look like they're fixed to the chest too far from each other and then pushed back together, but only at the bottom. Also significantly lacking in detail. They also don't look squishy.

11 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Also, good sir, since you don't usually draw clothes, can you post a link to that artwork?  I suppose Ninian would be your specialty, which is good by me. :):

I draw on pencil and paper and rarely bother to scan them into digital format. My specialty is actually a few original characters of mine.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I draw on pencil and paper and rarely bother to scan them into digital format. My specialty is actually a few original characters of mine.

I’m still waiting for that Sharena/Celica…

Bleh...4* Wrys is ONE Spd point too slow...but I believe that:

5* Black Knight (HP +3 seal), 4* Olivia (Spur Atk 1 seal), 4* Gwendolyn (no seal), and 5* Wrys (Quickened Pulse seal)

Where all are neutral, no-inheritance, should be able to clear Infernal following the strat below:

Spoiler

Wrys can be replaced by any Rehabilitate+Live to Serve 1/2/3+Imbue healer that can double and deal 8 damage to the Axe Knight, and survive a round against Ursula (including a Growing Thunder proc). It’s really annoying that 4* neutral Wrys can eat a round vs Ursula but only has 22 Spd ;_; ...

Edit: nvm...I’m dumb. Here’s a better version that doesn’t need the healer to fight (so 4* Wrys works fine) and only requires the HP +3 seal*.

*Assumes neutral-Res Wrys. The only one I have is -Res, which is also annoying, so I have to patch it up with the Fortify Res 1 and Res +1 seals. I might redo this when Wrys’ map returns...I don’t think I’ve done either difficulty.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Urðr. Or Urdhr, or even Urdr if you can’t be bothered to look ð up.

ð is not o.

If I could I'd bother, but the last time I tried to find out how to find the character I accidentally posted before I was even done making it, so screw it, Uror or don't even bother, also I'm not sure why it even matters so long as a person understands what is being conveyed.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

If I could I'd bother, but the last time I tried to find out how to find the character I accidentally posted before I was even done making it, so screw it, Uror or don't even bother, also I'm not sure why it even matters so long as a person understands what is being conveyed.

Alt+Num0240 if you’re on PC.

Correct names always matter. Uror isn’t even read and pronounced the same way as Urðr.

Less wrong names are always better than more wrong names. Please, if you can’t be bothered with ð, put a d instead, not an o. Urdr, not Uror.

32 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Alt+Num0240 if you’re on PC.

Correct names always matter. Uror isn’t even read and pronounced the same way as Urðr.

Less wrong names are always better than more wrong names. Please, if you can’t be bothered with ð, put a d instead, not an o. Urdr, not Uror.

I'm on laptop. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Again, I don't see why it matters, especially concerning a non-English proper name being typed out. I'm going to understand Uror much faster than I'm going to understand Urdr just because that's what the character ð most closely resemble. My brain can insert the actual character faster that way. Same with Rauor-, Blar-, and Gronn-. I know they aren't said that way, but the letters that don't match are replaced with what they most closely resemble.

It'd matter to me more if it were being spoken aloud as opposed to being read at a semi-fast pace.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm going to understand Uror much faster than I'm going to understand Urdr just because that's what the character ð most closely resemble. My brain can insert the actual character faster that way.

ð resembles d more than ð resembles o. Both ð and d have ascenders, while o doesn’t.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

ð resembles d more than ð resembles o. Both ð and d have ascenders, while o doesn’t.

Not on this laptop. The ascender on ð is practically invisible to me unless I'm half a foot away from the screen, so it just looks like an o with a little ~ over it.