How to get SP for lv40 units?

Raybrand

Hi

Been enjoying testing out the Skill inheriting mechanic but for my lv40 units i don't have enough sp to buy the skills I inherited, Killing a unit only grants you only 3 sp is there a better way to earn sp?

First off, this should be asked in the "Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" thread.
Secondly, I'm afraid Othin is right in which you can only grind enemies. Or somehow end up lucky to summon another duplicate of that unit and merge them.

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I thought that challenging the arena worked too, or was that removed with a recent update?

(Thats how my Takumi got nearly half of his SP)

Arena still gives SP, I just got some from there.

Sadly, if you have a lvl 40 5 star, that is all you can do.

Otherwise upgrade to the next rarity.

The way I'm doing SP farming for a natural 5 star is keeping them at level 25 and killing only level 21 or above for 3 sp each without much exp gain.

Makes it easier on you via stamina requirements. And you can even auto battle.

Edited by shadowofchaos

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The way I'm doing SP farming for a natural 5 star is keeping them at level 25 and killing only level 21 or below for 3 sp each without much exp gain.

Do level 25s get SP for killing level 1s?

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

The way I'm doing SP farming for a natural 5 star is keeping them at level 25 and killing only level 21 or below for 3 sp each without much exp gain.

you good sir are a godsend

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do level 25s get SP for killing level 1s?

Level 19's and up for +3 SP.

My apologies for the typo.

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yes. 1 Sp for each.

Nope. Sorry for the typo.

Edited by shadowofchaos

7 hours ago, Avestus said:

Hmm. I seem to recall that lvl 40 units don;t get sp at all when they kill lvl 1s. What should the difference be to gain sp?

Yup, they're right just noticed that.

I haven't killed a lvl 1 unit with a lvl 40 in ages, so I forgot.

21 hours ago, Avestus said:

Hmm. I seem to recall that lvl 40 units don;t get sp at all when they kill lvl 1s. What should the difference be to gain sp?

I believe your unit needs to be no more than 5 levels higher than the unit you kill to gain SP. Also, not every unit on the map will be the same level as what's shown on the tower's stratum so it's wise to try and fight a stratum that's listed only 1-3 levels below the level of the unit you're wanting to grind SP for.

Edited by Liliesgrace

I was a bit fanatic aswell to put Rally Speed, Death Blow 3, Blue Tomebreaker 3 and Fortify Resistance 3 on Julia.
Already regret this waste of skills, lol.. 1800SP required to get them all..

Guess I need to kill 600 enemies on stratum 8/9/10 (Pick 4/5 enemy ones)
So 150 matches (avg 4 enemies) to get Julia her skills on 9 stamina each.

That's 1350 stamina if Julia makes a perfect run able to kill every unit (impossible..)
(1350*5)/60 = 300Hours to get Julia her skills (without using stamina potions)..

Let's hope they add different ways to earn SP or add some kind of Training Section.
Where you can leave characters for 24hrs and they gain 100sp or special missions.
Atleast some 3x/5x SP event would be nice.

For now.. I wasted Death Blow 3.. FML =D..

On 03/16/2017 at 7:41 PM, shadowofchaos said:

The way I'm doing SP farming for a natural 5 star is keeping them at level 25 and killing only level 21 or above for 3 sp each without much exp gain.

Tower doesn't always have the right levels for enemies.

But it's a lot better than doing it at lvl 40.

On 3/16/2017 at 8:03 PM, dragonlordsd said:

Yes. 1 Sp for each.

It's weird, in Arena, killing enemies gives my Olwen 3SP, but my Hector and Takumi only get 1SP.  They're all level 40.

11 hours ago, Armend said:

Let's hope they add different ways to earn SP or add some kind of Training Section.
Where you can leave characters for 24hrs and they gain 100sp or special missions.
Atleast some 3x/5x SP event would be nice.

This. I'm pretty sure they'll add some new ways to farm SP.

Before, SP wasn't that big of a problem since all characters were able to get their skills maxed out (except maybe for Chrom and Leo who needed some extra care, because of the huge amount of SP required by their skills).

Now, with skill inheritance, the SP you gain from lvl 1-40 isn't enough anymore. ESPECIALLY for those who start at 5 stars.

I guess they're going to:

- change the SP gain formula

OR
- add some mode that allows players to gain more SP

OR

- rise the level cap to allow for more levels (and SP)

I guess the second option is the more feasible one.

I remind you to send tickets to IS to address this "problem" anyway, their Customer Service is unexpectedly good and they always listen/reply to players (at least, they always replied to my 6-7 tickets within 2 hours).

Edited by Alfred Kamon

It's not like this is even a problem as it is. If you want to use Inherit Skill to load up on a bunch of extra skills, you have to work for them.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

It's not like this is even a problem as it is. If you want to use Inherit Skill to load up on a bunch of extra skills, you have to work for them.

We're talking about a little bit too much "work" here. Especially facturing the x1.5 amount of SP required for those skills -- a lvl.40 character for a single skill would need about 450 SP, alias 150 enemies.

Grinding like crazy isn't a good game design choice, as you don't want your consumers (the players) to feel frustrated. You can't really allow that from a marketing perspective, since as a producer you want to keep the interest of your audience high in a gacha game, whereas it really doesn't matter much for a console game since you've already purchased the title, even if the game becomes grindy or boring. Difficulty in a game should come as an obstacle between you, the player, and a possible reward. This is neither rewarding (so many hours just for 1 skill for 1 character) nor difficult (it just requires some time and patience, and it's not challenging in any way).

I'm pretty sure they'll fix this problem in the near future.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

The best way I have found is to play the Eight Stratum over and over again.  The enemies should be within the level range to still get 3 SP, and since it's only the 8th level it's not too bad.

3 hours ago, Alfred Kamon said:

We're talking about a little bit too much "work" here. Especially facturing the x1.5 amount of SP required for those skills -- a lvl.40 character for a single skill would need about 450 SP, alias 150 enemies.

Grinding like crazy isn't a good game design choice, as you don't want your consumers (the players) to feel frustrated. You can't really allow that from a marketing perspective, since as a producer you want to keep the interest of your audience high in a gacha game, whereas it really doesn't matter much for a console game since you've already purchased the title, even if the game becomes grindy or boring. Difficulty in a game should come as an obstacle between you, the player, and a possible reward. This is neither rewarding (so many hours just for 1 skill for 1 character) nor difficult (it just requires some time and patience, and it's not challenging in any way).

I'm pretty sure they'll fix this problem in the near future.

This game is filled with deliberate obstacles for players that require us to grind or wait or spend money or hope we get lucky with pulls. Dissatisfaction with what we currently have is what's supposed to make us want to spend more money gambling to try to get better units, or more of the same unit that we can merge for SP. I guess it's fair to call it a problem from our perspective, but skill inheritance generally requiring a lot of grinding is something intentional on their end, not something they'd consider a problem. Based on how they've responded to previous complaints, they might do something to make the grinding go a bit faster like holding double SP events, but don't expect much more than that. I think you're approaching this from the premise that packed skill lineups are supposed to be readily accessible, but really, nothing in this game is.