NoA Announces Echoes DLC

NoA has released their own PR piece for the upcoming Echoes DLC, and it includes everything the Japanese version is getting. 

Nintendo Details DLC Coming to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for Nintendo 3DS

The upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia game, which launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on May 19, is a massive game filled to the brim with content. For players who want to extend their adventure even further, five major DLC packs are coming to the game starting on May 19, adding more maps, dungeons, characters and items.

• Season Pass (May 19, $44.99, 22 pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content on their own.
  • DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack (May 19, $7.99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, money and experience points.
  • DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack (May 25, $9.99, three pieces of content): In addition to a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum), this pack also includes two challenging news maps that stronger, more seasoned heroes will want to tackle.
  • DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack (May 25, $14.99, 10 pieces of content): The mysterious dungeons included in this pack hold the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
  • DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack (June 1, $12.99, four pieces of content): Discover the previously untold history of Valentia in this Prologue pack. Complete with new story content and additional voice acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia, this collection of challenging maps includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the ability to take command of a character players won’t be able to control in the main game.
  • DLC Pack #5 ($5.99, two pieces of content): More information about this final DLC pack will be revealed in the future.
All of these packs, as well as the individual components included in each pack, can be purchased separately, giving players the flexibility to buy as many or as few as they want.

While Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia features all this great paid DLC, free downloadable content will also be released for the game after launch for a limited time, starting on May 19. The first free content is a special gift from Goddess Mila and can be obtained when playing the game. For more details about the game’s DLC, visit http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/dlc.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia launches for Nintendo 3DS on May 19 at a suggested retail price of $39.99. A limited-edition bundle for the game will launch on the same day at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Also launching on May 19 are the Alm and Celica amiibo figures, available only as a set at a suggested retail price of $24.99.

For more information about Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia visit http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being the type of idiot that buys literally all the DLC, the over classes being available just 6 days after release kinda excites me. The price doesn't really bother me that much, and I personally feel that this game deserves my money more than the other 2 3ds titles.

I'll try my best to get all the DLC, but it amazes me that all of it is worth more than the actual game.

Also, I don't remember much about all the DLC, but is there a chance that the fifth will be the Cipher crossover DLC?

Edited by KongDude88

Man that's a bit pricey, but the season pass is cheaper then buying the packs one at a time.  Looks like I will have to save up a bit and just get the pass.  

6 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

I'll try my best to get all the DLC, but it amazes me that all of it is worth more than the actual game.

Also, I don't remember much about all the DLC, but is there a chance that the fifth will be the Cipher crossover DLC?

The European announcement straight-up calls the fifth pack the Cipher Companion Pack.

When they said they earned money from Fire Emblem, it looks like they really meant it. However, this feels...wrong. It's very expensive, the content too shallow and insufficient with that price tag, and I'm not even sure what I would use the DLC for if there are no challenge maps.

No, I think I'll use those 45 dollars on another game instead...or two.

I'm just gonna buy the Deliverence Prolouges+The Cipher DLC+maybe Akm and Celica's Over-Classes. I don't care about the rest (though the Over-Classes look cool)

The Season Pass is expensive but it isn't being shoved down our throats, thankfully.

Wait, it says the Over-Class DLC are dungeons. Well, it makes the price more justifiable then (as in, the price for the Over-Classes).

Just now, Arvin said:

Are the over-Classes worth it? It doesn't seem to give extra access to new weapons so it's more like a costume.

Depends on you, really. They're probably OP and will likely help a lot in the post-game chapter (which is beatable without the DLC)

Eh... I mean, I'm okay with DLC... But $45 Dollars with already the price reduced for the Season Pass?

It sounds so wrong to me for a game that already has a $40 dollars value.

And it's like they're complete new original campaigns, they're are mostly grinding and additional back-story... and some franchises already make complete campaigns with only half~ (or even less if the campaign isn't too long) of the original price.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm just gonna buy the Deliverence Prolouges+The Cipher DLC+maybe Akm and Celica's Over-Classes. I don't care about the rest (though the Over-Classes look cool)

The Season Pass is expensive but it isn't being shoved down our throats, thankfully.

Wait, it says the Over-Class DLC are dungeons. Well, it makes the price more justifiable then (as in, the price for the Over-Classes).

You mean in Japan right? Since that's the only one unlikely coming over again I'm getting it for my JP copy. Other than that everything else is great.

4 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

You mean in Japan right? Since that's the only one unlikely coming over again I'm getting it for my JP copy. Other than that everything else is great.

Nope, we're getting the Cipher DLC.

The most expensive one is the dlc class one, which is has 10 maps. I can understand why the rise of the deliverece pack is kinda pricy, since it is fully voiced and they need to compensationfor the actors. The first two are give or take. So for the third and fourth pack, that's $29 bucks for 14 maps. I'll wait for the fifth one to be announced to see if it's worth the purchase.

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Thank you they never showed it coming in their DLC trailer so that was strange when someone said its coming.

It was "Pack 5" in the US DLC trailer. They just said more details about it would be coming out later.

One thing I find interesting is the overclasses are (apparently) not in the game's data. I guess this situation will be the same as Awakening where if you take a cart with overclass units to a 3DS without the proper DLC, they will appear as "Outrealm Units" or something.

Edited by MrPerson0

If I buy any DLC at all and I haven't bought any DLC for the past two FE's (unless you count the other paths in Fates which I don't really) it just be pack 4 which sounds like actual substantial content. Definitely not the season pass since their is only one pack I'm actually interested in. Through with the large  amount of games I am interested in this year there is a high likelihood I'll be skipping out on this DLC. Actually even considered that I'm mildly interested in this pack, I think it is far too expensive for what is it.  Reminder that the Witcher 3 blood and wine expansion that is 30 hours of gameplay usually rolls around $25-30 (I think it's 25 but I don't remember the exact number). I will definitely be looking before buying especially if past FE DLC is anything to go by which has been very shallow every time (with the exception of the Paths of Fates which don't really count).

Edit:  After doing some research it turns out that pack three is just a couple rooms with new classes not 10 new dungeons so yeah I'm not interested in that then. Only Pack 4 mildly interests me.

Edited by Locke087

3 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

One thing I find interesting is the overclasses are (apparently) not in the game's data. I guess this situation will be the same as Awakening where if you take a cart with overclass units to a 3DS without the proper DLC, they will appear as "Outrealm Units" or something.

That's interesting I guess it would be fully tied to the purchase map of that class which makes sense since its not in the data to read if you don't have it elsewhere.

I don't think the price is inherently any better or worse than the previous two games but seeing it all directly at $45 is a pretty big turn-off.

Could almost buy two of my friends the 3rd for that price.

Yikes, this comes close to how much money you spend total on Fates. And that's a lot of content to spread out over two weeks. How much of this game's development was spent on DLC content to have it ready this soon? It'll be enough of an ordeal to finish the base game with finals around the corner.

They didn't give us much information with regard to the free DLC. Wait, did Mila give me the boo?

She's giving me the boo