My friend cannot access Arena/View Friends

HiguraShiki

Hey everyone, bit of an issue here. My friend has been playing FEH since it was released. He is from Indonesia and played the game through QooAPP. Originally, his account was made on an Emulator, but he switched to his Android device not long after creating the account. As of today, he is unable to access the Arena and can't view any of his friends. I'm curious if anyone has had this issue before or knows what the problem could be. He tried asking the in-game customer support what happened and they wont disclose any information on the matter nor tell him the reasoning of this.

Notification.jpg

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Obviously it was because he emulated. :/

No, that notice only happens if you're banned from the arena for hacking.

Many people here use emulators and got through the arena update just fine.

The arena update supposedly had a ban wave with it from the hacker forum I prowl.

So there's two possibilities:

1. Your friend hacked, OP

2. Your friend got mistakenly banned.

Only two possibilities for that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Check the recent thread on banned players. It mentions something about Nintendo not accepting unauthorized devices or unofficial versions of the game (like emulating it). This sounds like at first, the guy was using an unofficial version by playing on an emulator.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean, you basically just accused this guy's friend of hacking but alright

I thought there was some sort of notification that some people were using it inappropriately or something?

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I mean, you basically just accused this guy's friend of hacking but alright

I thought there was some sort of notification that some people were using it inappropriately or something?

That notice of the screen *is* the notification.

You get banned at the same time.

QooApp does not get you banned. That's how I have it on my phone.

The only way to set out this issue is customer service. And seeing how they're confident in their anti-hacking measures... the only way to get then to listen is if they truly made a mistake on a massive scale.

Or your friend has definitive proof that they didn't hack.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That notice *is* the notification.

Probably should have phrased that better

I mean a while back they sent a notification that they realized some people weren't using the game the way its supposed to be used or something....

I think It was in the April update.......

Eh maybe I'm losing my mind :P

@HiguraShiki You should ask your friend to contact Nintendo or something. Also, make sure they weren't doing anything illegal!

Hey guys, thanks for answering. To answer, I'm sure my friend didn't hack. As a matter of fact, he spent money on the game a couple of times, the most recent being twice during the herofest.

Sadly, I'm unsure of how he can prove to Nintendo support that he didn't do anything since when he asked what he was being banned for, they wouldn't answer.

IMG_2930.JPG

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Check the recent thread on banned players. It mentions something about Nintendo not accepting unauthorized devices or unofficial versions of the game (like emulating it). This sounds like at first, the guy was using an unofficial version by playing on an emulator.

Ana, the APK from QooApp is the official version. I also use Nox. Ghast uses Nox. Emulators usage don't ban you. Otherwise a big chunk of the members in this community would have been up in flames by now.

Either:

1. Nintendo made a mistake.

2. Or their friend hacked.

Those are the only two possibilities considering we haven't heard other members with the Nox emulator getting banned. That is if we assume that there was only one person using the emulator.

@HiguraShiki

If anyone else in their household used their account on a phone or other emulator or such and then hacked, then that would justify them getting banned.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ana, the APK from QooApp is the official version. I also use Nox. Ghast uses Nox. Emulators usage don't ban you. Otherwise a big chunk of the members in this community would have been up in flames by now.

...Hm. Well, if what you say is true, I'm honestly at a loss for what the problem is here then. o.O

6 hours ago, HiguraShiki said:

Hey everyone, bit of an issue here. My friend has been playing FEH since it was released. He is from Indonesia and played the game through QooAPP. Originally, his account was made on an Emulator, but he switched to his Android device not long after creating the account. As of today, he is unable to access the Arena and can't view any of his friends. I'm curious if anyone has had this issue before or knows what the problem could be. He tried asking the in-game customer support what happened and they wont disclose any information on the matter nor tell him the reasoning of this.

The game has not been released for Indonesia, so that might have something to do with it.

I used Nox and QooApp while my phone was broken, it's still running fine. So I'd have to agree it's either hacking or that it hasn't been released yet like @Astellius said.

I've used Nox on occasion, all the while using an APK from an unofficial source (not the Play Store) and my account is fine. However, my Nox is not rooted, and I think they've come down hard on people playing FEH on a rooted device due to the ability to hack the game using rooted devices, whether a person has actually hacked or not be damned.

Edited by Raven

On 5/11/2017 at 5:06 AM, Raven said:

I've used Nox on occasion, all the while using an APK from an unofficial source (not the Play Store) and my account is fine. However, my Nox is not rooted, and I think they've come down hard on people playing FEH on a rooted device due to the ability to hack the game using rooted devices, whether a person has actually hacked or not be damned.

I used to play unrooted until I got sick of having to reinstall the APK every time I restarted Bluestacks.

That's when I switched to Nox, since setting up root on it is much easier, and I can simply edit DeviceAccount.xml whenever I quit and open it up again instead of downloading 500+ MB updates like before.

Point is, I haven't been banned, and I don't hack nor do I plan on doing so. I think Nintendo might have just made a mistake in this person's case.

The worst I've seen so far on an emulator is when @LuxSpes got an error code after trying to buy orbs, but he wasn't banned and the game ran just fine on his phone.