Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Had another interesting ending battle. It came down to an enemy Cain vs. my Nino and Lissa so things did not look good, but then I had Lissa keep hitting him with Gravity and having Nino drag her down the map as he took both staff damage and Fury damage. Ran into a bit of a snag when I got to the bottom, but Nino was still able to finish him off.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a long, slow grind to 50k. My regular team is pretty much incapable of winning the last battle on Lunatic, but doing the 7-Lunatic map and losing after 4-6 victories is still the most efficient way to go.

On the other hand, my backup team was surprisingly effective today, even with one of its units being a level 26 Sharena. While my regulars are pretty good at making it to 6 wins, my backup team has been pretty much confirming 6 wins, guaranteed. And I think they might be able to take out one configuration of the final map (Leo/Draug/sword cavalier - Ursula will go to town, and I can hopefully persuade Veronica to get stuck behind Gunter once everyone else dies).

Currently at just over 15k. I've been spamming Stamina Potions since I still have over 70, and I have less time to play Heroes now that I have a full-time job. Hoping to hit at least 20k by tomorrow, and 30k around work next week, leaving 20k more to be made up next weekend.

I'm thinking of promoting my 4* Reinhardt (+Atk -Def yessss) and training him up soon, which might help for the next time we have a Tempest Trial. I can't spare the stamina right now, though.

28 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

-snip-

aah that sounds so satisfying and awesome. i'm getting secondhand satisfaction from that.

sooo i can consistently get A speed (finally caving to put Galeforce on Cordelia helps) but i can never seem to get my main team to beat Veronica..B's and C's survival every time, smh.

not sure if this has been asked/answered already, but does anyone know if the turns on a failed map attempt count against your score? or does it only count turns for when you win?

Okay, I'm starting to get perfect runs now that I have medic Lucina and medic Linde. (15-HP heals to three characters OP.)

At 32k points now. Masked Lucina get. I'll push my way to 50k during the next two days, then slow down my pace after that, since the orbs aren't as important as the Seal.

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

not sure if this has been asked/answered already, but does anyone know if the turns on a failed map attempt count against your score? or does it only count turns for when you win?

Turns only count if you actually clear the map and if you clear the trial. Turns from a team that fails to finish the map don't count.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Fruity Insanity said:

Okay, I'm starting to get perfect runs now that I have medic Lucina and medic Linde. (15-HP heals to three characters OP.)

At 32k points now. Masked Lucina get. I'll push my way to 50k during the next two days, then slow down my pace after that, since the orbs aren't as important as the Seal.

Damn, are you going all in with the potions right now?

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Damn, are you going all in with the potions right now?

Hm, I wouldn't say all in. I have used all daily stamina plus like two stamina potions a day. I can't really do any more than that since - even if it is my beloved Fire Emblem - it gets boring after too much grinding.

I do want to end top 1k in points, though, since I want those sweet, sweet 10,000 feathers, so how much I play after 50,000 may depend on that, too.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

44 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

*Exciting Saga of Aria's Adventures*

Yoooo that sounds amazing! I'm glad you got to live through such an experience!

The most hype moment for me was one run where the only unit I had left was Ryoma, and the opposing side had Veronica (who was damaged at the cost of Nino's life) and Kagero. 

Spoiler

As he stood close to death, Ryoma leapt forward and struck Kagero with the blade of Raijinto, taking her down to critical condition but not quite finishing her. However, he had sustained wounds from Cecilia's magic earlier in the battle, and this last blow cost him. The Fury that empowered him was a double edged sword, and with its final tick, the proud Hoshidan warrior was brought down to 1 HP. The turn ends, and the battle seemed to be over. Kagero looms over her former master threateningly, poised to strike. But right before she throws her dagger, Ryoma dashes forth from his Vantage point and strikes her, ending her life.

As the last of her servants fell, Veronica lets out a sigh. Alone once again. But she had no time for self-pity. She glares hatefully at him, at this red samurai who came out of nowhere and struck down all the friends she had made, this man who took everything from her. Veronica still has a little more than half of her HP left and was confident she would be able to survive a blow from the wounded warrior. Revenge was so close she could nearly taste it. But as she prepared to cast her spell, Ryoma leapt forward once more. A futile attempt, it seemed, since his blade would not do quite enough damage to her. But this attack was different. As Ryoma charged at the sorceress, his blade glowed with a red light, empowered by a divine Draconic Aura. With the last of his energy, he struck her down!

With his task completed, Ryoma collapsed onto the ground. This had been his toughest battle yet, and it took everything he had to see it through to the end. His eyes swept across the dark ruins, surveying the damage of the battle. He saw the bodies of his fallen comrades, and every one of them sent a pang through his heart. There lay Robin, the shrewd tactician, who confidently led the charge. Beside him was Ninian, a gentle soul who preferred to dance than fight and would always soothe the team between battles. And lastly...Nino. Sweet, precious Nino. A young girl who was always bright and cheerful and always did her best. They should have never let her come to this unforgiving battlefield. As he stared at her broken form, he thought about how she and Sakura could have become such close friends, and his heart was wracked with pain. Eventually, Ryoma rose up. As a single tear rolled down his cheek, he turned to look at his fallen comrades one last time. "It's over," he said, his voice cracking, "We won."

EDIT: I'm an absolute shit writer, so if you don't want to suffer through my attempt at a story, then don't click the spoiler tag. If nothing else, I had fun writing it though :D

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Turns only count if you actually clear the map and if you clear the trial. Turns from a team that fails to finish the map don't count.

ah good, that's good to hear thank ya.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

And lastly...Nino. Sweet, precious Nino. A young girl who was always bright and cheerful and always did her best.

why..why did you do this to me..

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

She and Sakura could have been such close friends...

Trust me it hurt me too to write it

..s-stop..why is there sake coming out of my eyes

why did you do this to yourself

my roommates are watching a TV show and like it was a sad scene with sad dramatic violin piano music playing while i read it too

G Tomebreaker on Gronnblade Cecilia is oh so worth it. She one-rounded Veronica from full (and had 1 HP left, so Henry finished her off, but hey, an impressive feat), letting the rest of my cavaliers clean house. 13,111 points at the moment; totally going to make it in time. Awesome.

Also gave Reinhardt DB2 (and remembered to take off Goad Cav off him) and Lilina Draw Back from one of my spare −Spd Ninos.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

G Tomebreaker on Gronnblade Cecilia is oh so worth it. She one-rounded Veronica from full (and had 1 HP left, so Henry finished her off, but hey, an impressive feat), letting the rest of my cavaliers clean house. 13,111 points at the moment; totally going to make it in time. Awesome.

Also gave Reinhardt DB2 (and remembered to take off Goad Cav off him) and Lilina Draw Back from one of my spare −Spd Ninos.

wait, if you take Goad Cavalry from him, fill his C slot with what then? 

37 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

aah that sounds so satisfying and awesome. i'm getting secondhand satisfaction from that.

It's moments like this that make me realize that I'm not a completely terrible tactician. ....and then I do something silly like leave Nino in the way of someone with a brave weapon. >.> Whoops. Oh well. I'll keep my moment of glory.

30 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

*Amphy's epic triumph of emotional victoriousness*

That's pretty darn good. XD Much better than my hasty adrenaline-fueled play-by-play on crack. But dang...as brutal as the Tempest can  be, these sweet victories are SOOOO worth it. (...and the HM. It's so glorious. I'll probably end up maxing at out at least 5 more characters before this event ends.)

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Spur Atk +3 is still there for everybody’s benefit.

Well, he only gets +2. I actually went and gave him +3 from a Barst though like a madman.

Oh you meant the boost is +3. Nvm

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

18 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

..s-stop..why is there sake coming out of my eyes

why did you do this to yourself

my roommates are watching a TV show and like it was a sad scene with sad dramatic violin piano music playing while i read it too

Spoiler

Imagine if in addition to that line, Ryoma briefly sees a vision.

His mind is taken from the dark confines of the dungeon to a bright, sunny meadow. He sees Nino and Sakura playing around and laughing. He imagines Sakura smiling shyly as Nino happily places a handmade flower crown on her head. Everything is wonderful and as it should be...until his mind returns to reality and sees the broken husk of Nino once more, the happy visions of what could have been already beginning to fade as he collapses to the ground from his wounds. As his consciousness fades, a whisper escapes from his lips, "Sakura...I'm...sorry..."

I think I'm going to go to bed before I make myself any sadder. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, he only gets +2. I actually went and gave him +3 from a Barst though like a madman.

Spur Atk 2 (which he has) gives +3. Spur Atk 3 (which he doesn’t) gives +4.
I am talking about the former.

1 hour ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

You have a lot of variety~ Are you happy with these teams (aside from the second, which you seem to be putting lots of different units together)? How's running both Camus and Ursula working? I always thought it'd be one or the other since they're both blue, but I've never really fiddled with horse emblem yet so I can't say...it seems like a good way to check the heavy red meta, but I've been noticing a LOT of blues and greens mixed into the maps too...

Oh, if you're already halfway there, you'll get her easy~! :D

I'm happy with my first and last team, they are the ones that have been working the best, but now I'm thinking... What if I change the order, and switch the place of first and third team? maybe I can try

To say the true, I think I have been lucky with the maps with both Camus and Ursula. But basically is had been something like taking advantage of Camus horse skill to boost Ursula, then I let her attack and I take her out of danger with Olivia's help, then either Camus or Frederick finish the enemy. This is pretty good for armor units not named Hector.

I'm starting to think that one of my bigger problems is the lack of heritance in lot of  my units, maybe I need to start using my feathers on characters than have good skills to pass

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's moments like this that make me realize that I'm not a completely terrible tactician. ....and then I do something silly like leave Nino in the way of someone with a brave weapon. >.> Whoops. Oh well. I'll keep my moment of glory.

lol yep, definitely have my fair share of that too. guess we get kinda complacent after a while, but in those high stress down to the wire situations the sleeping strategist in us comes out swingin'.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think I'm going to go to bed before I make myself any sadder. 

that's a good plan, sleep well if you can, you monster.

so cute though i wanna draw Nino and Sakura and flower crowns now.