Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Just now, Soul~! said:

oh.

15-30 minutes. Somewhat works for me. For a minute there I was almost literally speedrunning...welp.

So, really, nothing you can do about it?

Other than getting a non-rooted phone to play heroes with? No.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this opens up a legitimate issue.

Why can't you resume from bookmark on any device? You can only continue from the device the bookmark was made from. It's stored locally, but for what reason is it this way? I'm curious.

Everyone have lot of points already, but here is me freaking happy for finally getting this

tumblr_orkikxzJr01rql8cco1_540.png

9,000 points away of 5* LuciMask ... End my suffering quickly IntSys! These trials are killing me !!!

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Other than getting a non-rooted phone to play heroes with? No.

I'm playing on Nox. I asssume it's "rooted" by default, with what you say. Do you know if it's the same deal with Bluestacks?

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Okay, this opens up a legitimate issue.

Why can't you resume from bookmark on any device? You can only continue from the device the bookmark was made from. It's stored locally, but for what reason is it this way? I'm curious.

Might be to avoid hacking from another end, but this is just silly.

Downloading as we speak.

welp, at least Rey's advice on deleting the .xml every time you start over is massive. Might make it if I keep ramming it up by 100. :awesome:

Hmm, I'm struggling to mentally keep up...I only made it to 26.5k today, and was hoping to get to 30k, and to spend part of tomorrow raising up that 5* Mar-Luci...oopsies...

Would sacking Navarre to give a 4* Nino (+ATK/-DEF) Desperation 2, and giving a 4* Tharja (+SPD/-RES) G Tomebreaker 3 be worth it? Their teammates are Azura and Lissa. I'm sorry if this is a bit curt - I'm so very drained... :'D

8 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Hmm, I'm struggling to mentally keep up...I only made it to 26.5k today, and was hoping to get to 30k, and to spend part of tomorrow raising up that 5* Mar-Luci...oopsies...

Would sacking Navarre to give a 4* Nino (+ATK/-DEF) Desperation 2, and giving a 4* Tharja (+SPD/-RES) G Tomebreaker 3 be worth it? Their teammates are Azura and Lissa. I'm sorry if this is a bit curt - I'm so very drained... :'D

Desperation for Nino would absolutely be worth it! It's totally game-changing and worth sacking Navarre for, imo. As for G Tomebreaker on Tharja, if you're keeping her native Darting Blow you can get away without it since she'll double even speed-boosted Veronica (who has 36 speed; +SPD 4* Tharja has exactly 41 speed after Darting Blow). If you're not keeping Darting Blow, you should probably take Tomebreaker to ensure the double.

Good luck with the rest of the Trials! I'm getting pretty tired of the grind too, but I'm so close to Quickened Pulse... /grabby hands

Just now, azurrys said:

Desperation for Nino would absolutely be worth it! It's totally game-changing and worth sacking Navarre for, imo. As for G Tomebreaker on Tharja, if you're keeping her native Darting Blow you can get away without it since she'll double even speed-boosted Veronica (who has 36 speed; +SPD 4* Tharja has exactly 41 speed after Darting Blow). If you're not keeping Darting Blow, you should probably take Tomebreaker to ensure the double.

Good luck with the rest of the Trials! I'm getting pretty tired of the grind too, but I'm so close to Quickened Pulse... /grabby hands

I have the 3* version still, even if I just sack the 4* one for Nino. I just wasn't sure if it was Desperation 3 or bust...I kept Tharja's Darting Blow, but Veronica's too strong for her (probably because of that -Res...). Thus why I figured it might work for her - it'd take away Veronica's ability to double and kill. Though, she'll probably still hit pretty hard...

Thank you! The grind's so tough...I want that Quickened Pulse by the end of all this, but I'm just so exhausted from having to plan out each and every move over and over and over...for only ~330 points per go. XX; Good luck to you, as well! I hope you're able to get the seal quickly!!

And I'm done! Quickened pulse is now mine.

(I still have 39 stamina potions)

Gave it to Michalis for now because 2 charge ignis at the start of the match sounds pretty good.

Edited by Korath88

10 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I'd swap it personally. Nino can eat other faster Green Tomes with G Tomebreaker. Even a -Spd Tharja with Darting Blow 3 can double Veronica (so long as Veronica isn't boosted in Speed). Tharja has the added benefit of WTA extra damage on Veronica and more damage mitigation from Veronica's WTD. Tharja doesn't have to make up as much stats as Nino would.

Just now, Dual Dragons said:

I'd swap it personally. Nino can eat other faster Green Tomes with G Tomebreaker. Even a -Spd Tharja with Darting Blow 3 can double Veronica (so long as Veronica isn't boosted in Speed). Tharja has the added benefit of WTA extra damage on Veronica and more damage mitigation from Veronica's WTD. Tharja doesn't have to make up as much stats as Nino would.

Ah, really? Nino's currently sporting a G Tomebreaker 3, but she can't take Veronica or anything. Guess I don't have much to worry about there, then. Tharja has no B skill; wasn't sure if she should get Vantage 3, Desperation 2 (no Shannas for Desperation 3...), or G Tomebreaker 3.

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I have the 3* version still, even if I just sack the 4* one for Nino. I just wasn't sure if it was Desperation 3 or bust...I kept Tharja's Darting Blow, but Veronica's too strong for her (probably because of that -Res...). Thus why I figured it might work for her - it'd take away Veronica's ability to double and kill. Though, she'll probably still hit pretty hard...

Thank you! The grind's so tough...I want that Quickened Pulse by the end of all this, but I'm just so exhausted from having to plan out each and every move over and over and over...for only ~330 points per go. XX; Good luck to you, as well! I hope you're able to get the seal quickly!!

Nah, Desperation 2 is perfectly fine. It's a teeny bit more annoying to get down to the correct threshold, so you might want to run Ardent Sacrifice instead of Draw Back (if you have the fodder for that), but it's still good enough to work with. I inherited Desperation 3 on my Tharja, but even before she had the SP to learn 3 she was doing incredibly well with 2.

I feel you re: Tharja vs. Veronica, mine isn't -RES but I run LaD on her so... LOL. Actually, giving my Tharja Desperation was what allowed her to ORKO Veronica properly, because she could then smash face without worrying about the counter. Veronica actually damn near one-shots Tharja, but never doubles her (iirc), so Veronica doubling isn't the problem; the issue at hand is securing the double so Tharja can kill her. Both Nino and Tharja nuke really well, so if Veronica is actually your main problem, you might want to think about giving Tharja Desperation instead of Nino so she can kill Veronica properly. Of course, giving it to both of them would be best, but if you're lacking the fodder and need a Veronica killer, Tharja does the job great! (Nino does too afaik, but she needs more boosts.)

/pats/ We can do this! Thank you and good luck to you too <3

1 minute ago, azurrys said:

Nah, Desperation 2 is perfectly fine. It's a teeny bit more annoying to get down to the correct threshold, so you might want to run Ardent Sacrifice instead of Draw Back (if you have the fodder for that), but it's still good enough to work with. I inherited Desperation 3 on my Tharja, but even before she had the SP to learn 3 she was doing incredibly well with 2.

I feel you re: Tharja vs. Veronica, mine isn't -RES but I run LaD on her so... LOL. Actually, giving my Tharja Desperation was what allowed her to ORKO Veronica properly, because she could then smash face without worrying about the counter. Veronica actually damn near one-shots Tharja, but never doubles her (iirc), so Veronica doubling isn't the problem; the issue at hand is securing the double so Tharja can kill her. Both Nino and Tharja nuke really well, so if Veronica is actually your main problem, you might want to think about giving Tharja Desperation instead of Nino so she can kill Veronica properly. Of course, giving it to both of them would be best, but if you're lacking the fodder and need a Veronica killer, Tharja does the job great! (Nino does too afaik, but she needs more boosts.)

Ah, okay~ that's a huge relief. I have no Ardent Sacrifice fodder, but I do have some Reciprocal Aid...but that'd require someone getting hurt. Azura does see some combat as of right now, but that might change. I have Fury 3 on Nino already, so I may need to just rely on the chip damage and let it carry over to get into the proper Desperation area...

Ohhhhh, LaD is going to really hurt her ability to survive... :'D Yeah, I can't remember if Veronica doubles or not...I just know she smacks Tharja and kills since I'm not running Desperation on her yet. Seems I should give Tharja Desperation 2 and keep G Tomebreaker on Nino. I wonder if I should switch Lissa for another damage dealer...? Maybe once I get Mar-Luci I should make a pseudo-healer out of her for both damage and healing...

;3; *pats back* Thanks! Yes, we both can!! The rewards we seek are in our reach~! Let's keep doing our best~ <3

11 minutes ago, azurrys said:

@Luna of Dragonblood Desperation 2 should be just fine! I use both Nino and Tharja on my Tempest team, and I usually tank a hit with them to get them into Desperation range. More often than not, this takes me far below Desperation 3 range, especially if I was fighting an archer rather than a mage, and I would have been just fine with Desperation 2. Of course 3 will always be more reliable for fringe cases, but I think you'll still be okay. 

Good luck to both of you on the trials! You're both so close to the good rewards, just gotta push a little farther! :D

If actual numbers help either of you with planning stuff:

Lunatic Veronica has 66 HP, 32 Spd, and 29 Res

• This means that a red mage (like Tharja) would need at least 52 attack to ORKO
  • A green mage (like Nino) would need at least 62 attack to ORKO
  • Both need at least 37 speed, but that shouldn't really be a problem for either of them

These numbers may seem overwhelming, but the bonus damage from buffs really adds up. Most of the time, just standing next to my Ephraim is enough for my Nino to ORKO Veronica. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ah, really? Nino's currently sporting a G Tomebreaker 3, but she can't take Veronica or anything. Guess I don't have much to worry about there, then. Tharja has no B skill; wasn't sure if she should get Vantage 3, Desperation 2 (no Shannas for Desperation 3...), or G Tomebreaker 3.

Probably not. Veronica just does too much damage even with WTD.

What I like about Tharja is that it's not as hard to get to the right threshold. Her defenses are pretty shaky but her Speed is fine enough to not get doubled often. If she takes one big hit (or in your case, probably two hits), she should get into Desperation 2 range easy.

And yeah, what MaskedAmpharos posted is why I think Tharja would be better to get Desperation 2 if you're looking for a unit whose role is going to be Veronica-killer. Otherwise, Nino needs to make up the WTA edge Tharja has with more buffs.

The feeling when you are rushing and brought your lvl 1 Linde instead of your lvl 40 on the final map. 36k points now, can't wait to get this over with, hope everyone else is still having fun.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Luna of Dragonblood Desperation 2 should be just fine! I use both Nino and Tharja on my Tempest team, and I usually tank a hit with them to get them into Desperation range. More often than not, this takes me far below Desperation 3 range, especially if I was fighting an archer rather than a mage, and I would have been just fine with Desperation 2. Of course 3 will always be more reliable for fringe cases, but I think you'll still be okay. 

Good luck to both of you on the trials! You're both so close to the good rewards, just gotta push a little farther! :D

If actual numbers help either of you with planning stuff:

Lunatic Veronica has 66 HP, 32 Spd, and 29 Res

• This means that a red mage (like Tharja) would need at least 52 attack to ORKO
  • A green mage (like Nino) would need at least 62 attack to ORKO
  • Both need at least 37 speed, but that shouldn't really be a problem for either of them

Ah, I think I remember you mentioning you ran them both~ ...I can't recall the other two members of your team, though. Sounds like you have a really sturdy team in place, though~ That's a good idea~ I'll have to try that out! Thank you!

Thanks for the good luck wishes! The push is extremely tough... :'D I give you and the others a lot of credit for pushing through!

Thank you for the numbers - that really helps! Ohhhhh, the ridiculously high HP pool is what I remember most clearly. Okay, so Tharja initiating anything won't allow Veronica to double. I usually keep Nino and Tharja standing next to each other; they both have a Hone Attack buff (though, Nino's is only HA2 since she's still a 4*). I hope that this'll all be enough... :'D

Just now, Dual Dragons said:

Probably not. Veronica just does too much damage even with WTD.

What I like about Tharja is that it's not as hard to get to the right threshold. Her defenses are pretty shaky but her Speed is fine enough to not get doubled often. If she takes one big hit (or in your case, probably two hits), she should get into Desperation 2 range easy.

And yeah, what MaskedAmpharos posted is why I think Tharja would be better to get Desperation 2 if you're looking for a unit whose role is going to be Veronica-killer. Otherwise, Nino needs to make up the WTA edge Tharja has with more buffs.

Yeah, she hits so ridiculously hard no matter who she's facing...it's pretty scary. Plus her Quickened Pulse seal doesn't help; it's essentially take her out fast, or she'll retaliate and you're dead. :'D

Her defense, I find, is just high enough to survive certain hits...that would normally send Nino right on out. Though, they're still pretty low. I'll definitely need to be cautious of who she goes up against, however, just to make sure it's not too much.

Okay - seems that Tharja with Desperation 2 and Nino keeping her tomebreaker's the way to go! Thanks so much for your all help ;; Good luck with the Trials and getting all the rewards you're after!

2 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

The feeling when you are rushing and brought your lvl 1 Linde instead of your lvl 40 on the final map. 36k points now, can't wait to get this over with, hope everyone else is still having fun.

D: Oh no - I'm sorry. That's the pits. I'm with you on that feeling...I'm so tired of this grind. But...the rewards are what keep me going. This next week really can't go any faster, though, haha... good luck to you! I hope you're able to continue on okay!

53 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Desperation on Nino is very good, I got a fight in which Nino was the only "alive" in the end, and she won over Veronica thanks to desperation.

Just some days more and we will be able to take a break!!

---

I took a video of one of my fights, just for fun. Is not that great btw.

I realised that the best is to leave all my mages for the last map, so, I can pick the color I need the most for this fight.

Edited by SniperGYS

@Luna of Dragonblood The team I run is Tharja, Ephraim, Nino, and Azura

Tharja and Nino are both Desperation blade tome units and can pretty reliably ORKO everything with an Ephraim buff

Ephraim has Hone Spd and the Fortify Res skill. Combined with his innate Siegmund attack buff, he gives both Tharja and Nino +12 attack (also +4 spd and +2 res) by himself just for standing next to him. He also has Swap to get them out of sticky situations if need be (I'd prefer Reposition, but I don't have any more fodder)

Azura is just there to make things go faster. The team setup I have lets me kill 2-3 units per turn, so most of the time it takes me 2-3 turns per map (depending on enemy placement and such). 

@SniperGYS What do you use to record? I could potentially record a deathless run (or at least a run with just one team if not entirely deathless) with my team in case it helps anyone, but I'm not entirely sure how to on my iPhone. 

14 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Desperation on Nino is very good, I got a fight in which Nino was the only leave in the end, and she won over Veronica thanks to desperation.

Just some days more and we will be able to take a break!!

---

I took a video of one of my fights, just for fun

Hide contents

Snip

I realised that the best is to leave all my mages for the last map, so, I can pick the color I need the most for this fight.

Yay for that win! Nino's definitely a little powerhouse...Desperation makes her even moreso one. I can't wait to get some Shannas so I can have sources of Desperation 3...I definitely want to put it on Nino, but sadly that'll have to wait until I can pull some more blues...and probably after the Trials. :'D

Yes~! Just a week left...well, six days or so now. I don't mind leveling up units/doing repetitious things...but this is too much...

Oh! Nice clear~! :D Ah, I'd love to have Linde...she's so good! What's your score at now?

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Luna of Dragonblood The team I run is Tharja, Ephraim, Nino, and Azura

Tharja and Nino are both Desperation blade tome units and can pretty reliably ORKO everything with an Ephraim buff

Ephraim has Hone Spd and the Fortify Res skill. Combined with his innate Siegmund attack buff, he gives both Tharja and Nino +12 attack (also +4 spd and +2 res) by himself just for standing next to him. He also has Swap to get them out of sticky situations if need be (I'd prefer Reposition, but I don't have any more fodder)

Azura is just there to make things go faster. The team setup I have lets me kill 2-3 units per turn, so most of the time it takes me 2-3 turns per map (depending on enemy placement and such).

Oh, wow! I knew Ephraim and Eirika were good for buffing but...!! That's a lot of points! I bet it really trivializes a lot of the maps. I hope you're able to get more Reposition fodder, soon! Are you aiming for the 100k, or is it just ensuring you keep the feather rewards for your rank at this point (if you mentioned this earlier, I'm sorry for forgetting...so much info, so little my mind's seemingly absorbing :'D)?

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

20 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

D: Oh no - I'm sorry. That's the pits. I'm with you on that feeling...I'm so tired of this grind. But...the rewards are what keep me going. This next week really can't go any faster, though, haha... good luck to you! I hope you're able to continue on okay!

Thanks, not sure how much more i can stomach through this haha, if they do another Tempest without adjusting it I'm not gonna bother maybe, good luck to you as well, hope you reach your goals.

@MaskedAmpharos Looks like she's using an app called du screen recorder, when I want to record on my Iphone I use an app called Reflector 2, it works nicely but you have to pay 15$ for the full version and to remove the watermark . There's also the upcoming IOS 11 which will feature a screen record function, but the Tempest will be over before it comes out.

Edited by Fei Mao

5 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Oh, wow! I knew Ephraim and Eirika were good for buffing but...!! That's a lot of points! I bet it really trivializes a lot of the maps. I hope you're able to get more Reposition fodder, soon! Are you aiming for the 100k, or is it just ensuring you keep the feather rewards for your rank at this point (if you mentioned this earlier, I'm sorry for forgetting...so much info, so little my mind's seemingly absorbing :'D)?

I'm aiming for 100k, yeah. I might even keep playing after it (but not worry about points) just because it's such an efficient way to grind SP and HM! I already have three full rows of units with max HM, and I partially have the Tempest to thank for it :D (omg no stop it you have nothing to apologize for)

33 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ah, okay~ that's a huge relief. I have no Ardent Sacrifice fodder, but I do have some Reciprocal Aid...but that'd require someone getting hurt. Azura does see some combat as of right now, but that might change. I have Fury 3 on Nino already, so I may need to just rely on the chip damage and let it carry over to get into the proper Desperation area...

Ohhhhh, LaD is going to really hurt her ability to survive... :'D Yeah, I can't remember if Veronica doubles or not...I just know she smacks Tharja and kills since I'm not running Desperation on her yet. Seems I should give Tharja Desperation 2 and keep G Tomebreaker on Nino. I wonder if I should switch Lissa for another damage dealer...? Maybe once I get Mar-Luci I should make a pseudo-healer out of her for both damage and healing...

;3; *pats back* Thanks! Yes, we both can!! The rewards we seek are in our reach~! Let's keep doing our best~ <3

Fury's chip damage will most definitely be fine for getting Nino into range. She'll probably be at 1 HP for half the maps but nothing's going to hit her anyway, so it doesn't matter :'D

Yeah, LaD tanks her defences even further than before, but since my Tharja is +ATK and not +SPD, she can never double speed-boosted Veronica even with Darting Blow lol. I figured I might as well give her LaD so if I have to sacrifice her, she'll at least do more damage first (plus it helps with the other inflated-stats opponents). I personally don't run a healer (my A-team is Azura/Klein/Cecilia/Tharja, though I've swapped out Klein for Cordelia to grind for HM); Tharja has the Breath of Life skill/seal and handles healing the others, and since she needs to be at low HP for Desperation she's fine. Marcina should do great as a pseudo-healer with Falchion's auto-Renewal, go for it!

We definitely can! I'm not aiming for too many orbs so once I get Quickened Pulse I can relax a little haha. Let's follow the Nino philosophy and do our best :D

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@SniperGYS What do you use to record? I could potentially record a deathless run (or at least a run with just one team if not entirely deathless) with my team in case it helps anyone, but I'm not entirely sure how to on my iPhone. 

I use DU Recorder, it's a free app that save your screen and it even allow you to edit the video (like adding music or some small effects), also is very easy to use. The only cons is that it leave a water mark in the video, and that it can't save the audio directly, so, if you want the music from the game, you need to take the video in a room with no sounds around and with full volume

12 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Yay for that win! Nino's definitely a little powerhouse...Desperation makes her even moreso one. I can't wait to get some Shannas so I can have sources of Desperation 3...I definitely want to put it on Nino, but sadly that'll have to wait until I can pull some more blues...and probably after the Trials. :'D

Yes~! Just a week left...well, six days or so now. I don't mind leveling up units/doing repetitious things...but this is too much...

Oh! Nice clear~! :D Ah, I'd love to have Linde...she's so good! What's your score at now?

She is freaking awesome!! I feel a bit lucky that now I can run Nino, Linde and Leo in the same team haha.

Mmm, I'm in 21,000~something, just 9,000 more points for that LuciMask!!

Edited by SniperGYS