Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

Wow, I am suddenly glad I pulled those 2 5* Alms (+Spd -Def and +Def -Res) in the past without sending them home.

Welp, guess I know what I'm working on next! Wonder what the best offensive Alm set is...?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Wow, I am suddenly glad I pulled those 2 5* Alms (+Spd -Def and +Def -Res) in the past without sending them home.

Welp, guess I know what I'm working on next! Wonder what the best offensive Alm set is...?

This isn't the Tempest Trials topic lol. You don't need an Alm, you're fighting him.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This isn't the Tempest Trials topic lol. You don't need an Alm, you're fighting him.

Yeah I'm only now noticing that (Shut up Tobin mislead me).

Though now that I take a second look... I have to wonder what other "duos" would entail...

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Yeah I'm only now noticing that (Shut up Tobin mislead me).

Though now that I take a second look... I have to wonder what other "duos" would entail...

Could be anything, but I'm pretty sure it's not just going to be pairings. They don't have nearly enough canon pairings to make that last.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Could be anything, but I'm pretty sure it's not just going to be pairings. They don't have nearly enough canon pairings to make that last.

Bonds is a very specific word.  We had 2 sibling bonds banners so any of those will probably work.  Even things like Lucius and Raven should work.

@TaterTot57 @SatsumaFSoysoy Even better,

Nanna (Lachesis’ daughter) and Ares (Eldigan’s son) can be paired, and in one of their conversations Nanna openly discusses Lachesis’ and Eldigan’s relations, justifying them by the two only being step-siblings (Lachesis and Eldigan had different mothers).

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Bonds is a very specific word.  We had 2 sibling bonds banners so any of those will probably work.  Even things like Lucius and Raven should work.

It pretty much means any two characters that have some relatively strong relation to one another. That's not very specific at all.

It could be lovers, siblings, good friends, anything. Guess we'll just see what they can come up with (the first few shouldn't be to hard though).

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

Nanna (Lachesis’ daughter) and Ares (Eldigan’s son) can be paired, and in one of their conversations Nanna openly discusses Lachesis’ and Eldigan’s relations, justifying them by the two only being step-siblings (Lachesis and Eldigan had different mothers).

Spoiler

So they're half-siblings then? Still kinda blood related.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, and these half-siblings each have a kid of opposite sex who can hook up.

Then again, it is a game where an incestuous relationship is a plot point.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

Yeah, and these half-siblings each have a kid of opposite sex who can hook up.

Then again, it is a game where an incestuous relationship is a plot point.

Good ol' Fire Emblem.

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lol wow. That sure is a thing.

As to worrying about the content, I've spent enough time on this beautiful set of tubes we call the Internet to have been exposed to darn near everything, it's just that the way she talks about Eldigan kinda gives me the heebies.

I still love this series, quirks and all.

More on topic, I wonder if there will be any spin-offs of this concept (I can definitely see a rivals event)... I enjoy the concept on paper, let's just see how it's handled.

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Oh to replace GHB for a while? I don't mind a change of pace. These GHB copies are really starting to clog up my roster space. There's nearly 30 and I don't feel right about using them for SI.

I don't think there's any definitive evidence that this will replace the GHB.  It's possible, but I dunno.

If it does replace GHB, I would think it would give you Alm or Celica depending on who you side with.  However, it says you get orbs as a reward.  I would hope they don't suspend GHBs at the same time they made a month long banner.  We'd have 5 new units this whole month.

7 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I don't think there's any definitive evidence that this will replace the GHB.  It's possible, but I dunno.

If it does replace GHB, I would think it would give you Alm or Celica depending on who you side with.  However, it says you get orbs as a reward.  I would hope they don't suspend GHBs at the same time they made a month long banner.  We'd have 5 new units this whole month.

oh my bad, I thought 7/6 was the day the Clarisse event ends. And even if it was, the next GHB would be a re-run anyway. 

But where does it say you side with one of them? It sounds like a collection of maps against both characters. Like the Kozaki maps.

Just now, Gustavos said:

But where does it say you side with one of them? It sounds like a collection of maps against both characters. Like the Kozaki maps.

Hm, I just assumed because it is a bond battle.  I guess it could be more of a co-op bond battle but I always read it as the two competing.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

That would mean that Lachesis and Eldigan are half-siblings. Step-siblings do not share blood, but are related via the marriage of their parents. This makes Nanna and Ares first cousins.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Anybody else loving this spoiler emblem?

I expected Disgusting.

I wish all these new features came a few days earlier.  Here I have a 4 day weekend, and all this stuff doesn't start until after I have to go back to work.

Spoiler

I really wish they'd release a unit with Hone Spoilers.

I have a theory for the context of these maps. Celica seeks out Mila to learn why the Daily Orbs have been drying up. Alm, tired of his comfortable life in Tier 15 of the arena, builds a cav team out of his villager buddies in order to hit some amazing scores. Tobin, not wanting to simply live in Alm's shadow, gets lost and becomes a Tempest Trial reward. And since this is Gaiden and not echoes, his random promotion ended up being mercenary and not archer, ensuring that he always will be a lesser Alm. Tragic.

Hm, acc't @FEHeroes_News, it says "The first pair to start off the hero bonds battle". Not sure if the translation is 100% correct, but this would assume there will be pair battles for the overal bond battle and this is just the beginning.

I was picturing independent battles.

I can imagine that it's because with the swimsuit banner running for a full month rather than the usual 2 weeks, they're putting in BHBs as new GHB units don't seem to be likely to be added and I doubt that they want to keep rerunning GHB maps.

48 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I can imagine that it's because with the swimsuit banner running for a full month rather than the usual 2 weeks, they're putting in BHBs as new GHB units don't seem to be likely to be added and I doubt that they want to keep rerunning GHB maps.

That doesn't make sense for several reasons.

• This is all based on assuming the summer banner's extension is a replacement for the late July banner rather than meaning it'll run concurrently with it, which doesn't seem like a safe assumption since that'd mean a lot of frustration.
  • Of the GHB units, only Legion and Clarisse had anything to do with a banner. Lloyd didn't have any story mode appearances before being released. So even if we don't get another banner, there's no reason to assume they're shutting down new GHBs as well.
  • Even if they weren't adding new GHBs at the moment, more reruns would be plenty well received. I'm sure by now there are plenty of players who missed the both the first and second versions of the GHBs that were rerun first who would be happy to get another chance, and players seeking merged GHB units still need a bunch more copies.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

That doesn't make sense for several reasons.

• This is all based on assuming the summer banner's extension is a replacement for the late July banner rather than meaning it'll run concurrently with it, which doesn't seem like a safe assumption since that'd mean a lot of frustration.
  • Of the GHB units, only Legion and Clarisse had anything to do with a banner. Lloyd didn't have any story mode appearances before being released. So even if we don't get another banner, there's no reason to assume they're shutting down new GHBs as well.
  • Even if they weren't adding new GHBs at the moment, more reruns would be plenty well received. I'm sure by now there are plenty of players who missed the both the first and second versions of the GHBs that were rerun first who would be happy to get another chance, and players seeking merged GHB units still need a bunch more copies.

I would agree.  I don't know where this notion that a new feature must mean an old feature will end.  Perhaps because there won't be one when Clarisse ends, but we didn't start out having a GHB constantly, used to just be on some weekends.  Vortex and Voting Gauntlet both ran, why can't GHBs and BHBs?  

4 hours ago, Lushen said:

Hm, acc't @FEHeroes_News, it says "The first pair to start off the hero bonds battle". Not sure if the translation is 100% correct, but this would assume there will be pair battles for the overal bond battle and this is just the beginning.

I was picturing independent battles.

I thought I already said in the OP that you fight "duos".