New demo with new characters

FuranSuwa

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see this and I raise you the Baton - good freaking luck killing anything of note (that isn't weak to lightning, at least) in a reasonable timeframe. You're gonna need it. In comparison, I can work with the Summoning Gate (which the Baton makes look good in comparison).

Don't like either, but I prefer the baton.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see this and I raise you the Baton - good freaking luck killing anything of note (that isn't weak to lightning, at least) in a reasonable timeframe. You're gonna need it. In comparison, I can work with the Summoning Gate (which the Baton makes look good in comparison).

I had no real problems with the Baton or the Gate (once I got used to the summons) even without hasty attacks. The main string isn't good but its last combo move is good for both damage and AoE. Also with Lightnings property I often could just keep juggling captains. 

15 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Eh, I can work with the Baton, and the Summoning Gate is ridiculously overpowered (even without Argorok) in the OG version if you know certain tricks to it.

The real loser weapon is the Great Fairy.

53 minutes ago, Folt said:

Eh, I can work with the Baton, and the Summoning Gate is ridiculously overpowered (even without Argorok) in the OG version if you know certain tricks to it.

The Summoning Gate is an extremely fun weapon while the Baton is far too stationary for my liking.

Great Fairy is still fine but it's nothing compare to Oni Link. Then again so are rest of the weapons when it come comparison to Fierce Deity. :lol:

1 hour ago, Folt said:

The only real knock I can think of against the Great Fairy is that it's slow. And I don't think that's worse than being very slow to kill anything that isn't Lightning weak or leaving you a sitting duck for way longer than I'd like. It doesn't help that the level 3 Baton is the single most pain in the ass weapon to unlock, both in the original and in Legends (in the former, you have to deal with a mission where your team loses morale to start, and the inevitable keep loss winds up boosting the enemy side's morale. Legends locks it behind a Speed Run stage... With The Imprisoned at the end. Ugh.)

15 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

I had no real problems with the Baton or the Gate (once I got used to the summons) even without hasty attacks. The main string isn't good but its last combo move is good for both damage and AoE. Also with Lightnings property I often could just keep juggling captains. 

Well, juggling captains doesn't help much when they still take eons to die, and that Rupee competition on Termina (which is the main reason I'm complaining about the Baton in the first place) was a nightmare.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The only real knock I can think of against the Great Fairy is that it's slow. And I don't think that's worse than being very slow to kill anything that isn't Lightning weak or leaving you a sitting duck for way longer than I'd like. It doesn't help that the level 3 Baton is the single most pain in the ass weapon to unlock, both in the original and in Legends (in the former, you have to deal with a mission where your team loses morale to start, and the inevitable keep loss winds up boosting the enemy side's morale. Legends locks it behind a Speed Run stage... With The Imprisoned at the end. Ugh.)

Well, juggling captains doesn't help much when they still take eons to die, and that Rupee competition on Termina (which is the main reason I'm complaining about the Baton in the first place) was a nightmare.

Eh, by that point, I had Zelda at a level where she could comfortably get the Lv. 3 Baton without too much trouble. The Great Fairy by contrast is brought down by the fact that it's so slow; several of her combo finishers take a long time to start and a long time to end and so she has a really bad combo game which really hampers her damage potential. Even the Baton kills officers faster.

10 hours ago, Folt said:

Eh, by that point, I had Zelda at a level where she could comfortably get the Lv. 3 Baton without too much trouble. The Great Fairy by contrast is brought down by the fact that it's so slow; several of her combo finishers take a long time to start and a long time to end and so she has a really bad combo game which really hampers her damage potential. Even the Baton kills officers faster.

And as far as I'm concerned, the Baton tending to leave Zelda vulnerable drags it down HARD - it isn't uncommon where I have to Musou cancel whatever she's doing because otherwise I'm headed for a world of hurt. Anyways, what level were you when you wound up getting the level 3 Baton? Because tbf, only the level 3 Gauntlets were anywhere near as much of a pain to get (this doesn't apply in Legends though since they're gotten from a Traitors mission).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And as far as I'm concerned, the Baton tending to leave Zelda vulnerable drags it down HARD - it isn't uncommon where I have to Musou cancel whatever she's doing because otherwise I'm headed for a world of hurt.

And I find the Baton's unsafeness easier to deal with compared to the Great Fairy having one of the weakest DPS potential against anything stronger than a mook.

58 minutes ago, Folt said:

And I find the Baton's unsafeness easier to deal with compared to the Great Fairy having one of the weakest DPS potential against anything stronger than a mook.

Well, you might have a point, but being unsafe AND struggling to kill anything other than mooks quickly is just... No way, Jose. And since you missed it, what level were you when you got the level 3 Baton?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, you might have a point, but being unsafe AND struggling to kill anything other than mooks quickly is just... No way, Jose. And since you missed it, what level were you when you got the level 3 Baton?

Around 50-55. (Or was it 45?)

It's generally easier to kill officers with the Baton I find.