Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

On 8/22/2017 at 10:23 AM, Othin said:

I replayed Infernal to fully retell my strategy (Xander/Reinhardt/Ninian/Olivia) with images. I think it's a bit more flexible than the video I referenced for the first few turns, and it might be possible to mix and match parts of both strategies.

Reveal hidden contents

Preparation. Three skills that did not seem to be necessary were Bonfire on Xander and Draw Back and Goad Cavalry on Reinhardt. In addition, I believe Reinhardt and Ninian would have been fine with just Lancebreaker 1 and Escape Route 1. Some of the other skills may also have been unnecessary or replaceable, but I'm not sure. I do know that Reinhardt can't spare any Atk, though. Also it's important that Ninian has Escape Route rather than Wings of Mercy.

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo4_400.png

Turn 1: Xander moves down to bait the axe flier and the archer.

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo2_400.png

Turn 2: Reinhardt kills the lance cav and the red mage. Xander and Ninian back up, still baiting the axe flier.

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo4_400.png

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo5_400.png

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo6_400.png

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo7_400.png

Turn 3: Xander kills the axe flier with Ninian's help, leaving Ninian in range of the sword flier. Reinhardt kills the archer. Olivia moves to a safe spot in the upper left.

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo8_400.png

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo9_400.png

tumblr_ov3a99jmCH1sn35pqo10_400.png

tumblr_ov3a9xqRXC1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_ov3a9xqRXC1sn35pqo2_400.png

Turn 4: Reinhardt kills the sword and lance fliers. Xander uses Reposition to get Reinhardt out of range of the armor. Olivia ends up in range of the axe flier.

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo4_400.png

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo5_400.png

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo6_400.png

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo7_400.png

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo8_400.png

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo9_400.png

Turn 5: Reinhardt kills the armor, then Ninian and Olivia teleport over to him to help him kill the red tome cav and Valter.

tumblr_ov3am5kgML1sn35pqo10_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo4_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo5_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo6_400.png

Turn 6: Xander kills the axe cav and Reinhardt kills the sword cav. Then they get in position to be ready for the last two enemies, but at this point positioning is no longer much of a concern.

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo7_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo8_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo9_400.png

tumblr_ov3aaqcFCy1sn35pqo10_400.png

Turn 7: Cleanup. This part is pretty flexible.

tumblr_ov3allMDBZ1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_ov3allMDBZ1sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_ov3allMDBZ1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_ov3allMDBZ1sn35pqo4_400.png

It looks like Goad Cavalry on Xander is hard for people to replicate. I think you can make this work without that (and without Death Blow 3 on Reinhardt) by having both Xander and Olivia learn Spur Atk 3 and having Reinhardt kill Valter before the red tome cav.

I'm not 100% certain that this works, but it looks to me like it covers all the issues. Reinhardt gets a sufficient Atk boost at all the points where he needs it, and changing the order of those two kills so Olivia is next to him shouldn't mess up his special charge because he takes three hits to kill Valter.

This does result in missing the kill on the sword armor, but I don't think that's a big deal. It can't reach anyone on its next turn, and past that point the map is mostly cleared out so you have plenty of room to work around it and snipe it at your leisure.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

I found this, sorry if someone posted it before

Look at that Oboro, how I wish mine was so good like this one! But not ever 1 Hector has come to me, I can't duplicate this with my Oboro (and I don't have the other 3 characters either, but hey! I would love to have an Oboro with all that inheritance!)

@Astolfo! Oboro shenanigans

I was curious if this could work and sure enough, you can use Valter for Infernal Valter. Also, is Sashibu the guy Mkv. redirected us to after his retirement from FEH?

Anyway, the characters, who are shown in the intro of the video, are 4* Clarisse with Brave Bow, Attack +1, and a HP +3/Squad Ace A seal and without her Poison Strike 3 equipped, 4* neutral Olivia with a HP +3/Squad Ace A seal, 5* Ursula with a Quickened Pulse seal, and 5* Valter with a Speed +1 seal. RIP Gordin for his sacrifice in making this possible.

I think 4* Gordin should work? Not entirely sure since his base attack is the same as Clarisse's and his Attack +3 could offset not having Threaten Defense 2. The only difference is of course his speed and defense which could lead to the units reacting in different ways. Not sure if the archer would react differently since 4* Clarisse with a Brave Bow would have 27 speed and that let's the archer double and kill her.

Anyway the problems here would be if you missed out on getting Clarisse and Ursula and if you can get Ursula and Valter to 5*. Other than that, I don't think there's much else that would be a problem.

Edit: The sword knight would probably end up attacking Olivia instead of Gordin if he were in Clarisse's place considering his much higher HP and defense than both of them. This could probably screw up how Ursula's supposed to take out the axe cavalier and that Clarisse and Olivia were supposed to each tank a hit from the sword knight. Otherwise, Gordin wouldn't run into any problems with the fliers.

Edit 2: Speaking of Gordin... An infernal strategy with 3* +Atk, -Res Gordin and 5* Camus, 4* neutral Olivia, and 5* Ursula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us5TIuTdgas. Interestingly, 3* Gordin has no skills equipped and he only has his Brave Bow. Everyone is their default selves with Ursula having an Attack +1 seal. So, +Atk 3* Gordin with just Brave Bow has 34 total attack, a neutral 4* Gordin would just need to only equip Attack +1.

Also, another Valter strategy for you Valter fans... slaves? The uploader doesn't show the units' skills, but it's 4* Clarisse with an Attack +1 seal, 4* neutral, default 4* Olivia, 5* Valter with Drag Back and a Speed +1 seal, and 5* Xander with Swap. If you don't have a spare unit with Drag Back, I think you can substitute it with Hit and Run which freebie Clive and summonable Clair have. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZ-LFim7cI.

Edited by Kaden

Since I finished getting all the rewards for TT yesterday, I finally got around to doing Infernal. I did it with Reinhardt, Est, Rebecca, and 4* Olivia. Reinhardt has DB3 & Moonbow, and he's +1; Est (+Spd, -Def) has a Brave Lance+, LnD3, Drag Back, Reposition, & Iceberg; Olivia has a Ruby Sword; and Rebecca has a Brave Bow.

For those interested, this strategy should work with any brave bow user with an Atk of 38. Reinhardt shouldn't need the merge, so long as he's neutral attack or better. You can put the Atk+1 seal on him, if the merge does make a difference. It should also work with any flyer that can take out the lance cav (e.g., Cherche, Camilla, Minerva, so long as they have Drag Back and Reposition). I was using Est, because Est is the best!

Spoiler

FfK0mCB.jpg

For Turn 1, I positioned my crew as seen in the first panel in the picture above. If you're using a different flyer, you may need to swap the positioning of Olivia and the flyer, as sometimes the archer will go left instead of up. We want the archer to go up. You'd need to run Hone Atk on the flier if Reinhardt is neutral attack AND running Moonbow, because he needs it to kill Valter. If he's running Lancebreaker, or has a 3-charge special, or is +Atk, he should be fine.

The middle panel is the start of Turn 2. Est attacks and kills the lance cav, she backs off due to Drag Back, Reinhardt comes down and kills the mage, charging his special. Rebecca shoots down the peg knight, and Olivia dances for Reinhardt. The formation at this point can be seen on the right panel. Reinhardt goes down and kills Valter.

xkXlpuc.jpg

The left panel in the picture above shows the start of Turn 3. Reinhardt goes and kills the knight, Olivia dances. That's the middle panel. Rebecca moves to the square between the rocks, and Reinhardt kills the archer. Est then repositions Reinhardt. The right panel shows how the formation is at the start of Turn 4.

iMdmUxe.jpg

Reinhardt kills the sword cav, Rebecca shoots down the closest peg, Olivia dances for Rebecca. Rebecca shoots down the lance peg, and Est repositions Reinhardt so he can be honed by Olivia. I believe he needed the hone atk to take out the mage cav, but a +Atk Reinhardt wouldn't need it.

The second panel shows the start of turn 5. Reinhardt takes out the mage cav, Olivia comes down and dances for him, and then he runs off to safety on the right side of the screen. Rebecca shoots down the peg on the left side of the screen. The setup is shown at the third panel. Est moves a block left, out of the range of the enemy.

Turn 6 starts, and I have Reinhardt attack the cav, as shown in the last panel. Olivia can now finish the cav off, and Rebecca shoots down the last peg. The lone mage is quickly eliminated the following turn.

If, at the start of turn 5, the axe peg went right instead of down, that's fine. Just leave Rebecca where she is, and have Est move to safety. Rebecca will shoot down a peg, Olivia will dance for her. Reinhardt still attacks the cav, and then Est will finish it off, and Rebecca will eliminate the last peg.

Hope this maybe helps someone!

My poor Klein is -Atk and can't ORKO that archer to the right on Lunatic, so I can't use the archer strategy. My Firesweep Bow + LnD Jeorge is still too slow to double Lunatic mode enemies, RIP!

I do like this map, though, and Valter has an amazing kit.

58 minutes ago, Star said:

My poor Klein is -Atk and can't ORKO that archer to the right on Lunatic, so I can't use the archer strategy. My Firesweep Bow + LnD Jeorge is still too slow to double Lunatic mode enemies, RIP!

I do like this map, though, and Valter has an amazing kit.

I was able to do the Lunatic map of valter with a Klein. But mine was +atk, so my strategy might not work for you.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This one worked like a charm! <3

Glad it worked out for you. Did the enemies react differently to your Gordin? -Def 4* Gordin has 1 less defense than =Def 3* Gordin, so, I doubt it, but just wondering. I was thinking of trying out this strategy since all I would need to do is 5* Ursula and get her to level 40 and that would be it.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Glad it worked out for you. Did the enemies react differently to your Gordin? -Def 4* Gordin has 1 less defense than =Def 3* Gordin, so, I doubt it, but just wondering. I was thinking of trying out this strategy since all I would need to do is 5* Ursula and get her to level 40 and that would be it.

The brave axe pegasus moved slightly differently in the last few turns, but that didn’t save her.

I’ve promoted Ursula a while ago and never regretted it.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

The brave axe pegasus moved slightly differently in the last few turns, but that didn’t save her.

I’ve promoted Ursula a while ago and never regretted it.

Well, I guess that's fine.

I didn't promote Ursula for a while until just now since she was doing fine as a 4*, especially with Blarblade+. Now I'm annoyed at how much SP she has and knowing even if I outfit her with what I want, she'd still have some left over. Ursula got used a lot in the first TT. Yay, Horse Emblem getting me through 3-4 maps until I had to switch to my anti-Veronica team. 2245 SP as a level 27 5*....

Edit: Training tower re-rolls made leveling up Ursula easy and this strategy worked out for me. For me, the sword flyer moved differently, but that didn't change much. Maybe it was because I decided it would be a good idea to keep Vantage 3 on Camus and the sword flyer was just hella scared. :p

And... now I have 308/310 units. Great. At least 3 units are dying in the future and 2 orbs will be spent so I can have 320 slots.

Edited by Kaden

Today I finally got the chance to sit down and have a real go at Lunatic. After several false starts, I had a promising run with my cavalry team. When I went to work, I switched teams, and when I had lunch, I forgot to switch back. I was cursing myself, but in fact the run was even better than my cavalry runs, so that's the team that finished it: Alm/Eirika/Nino/Reinhardt.

Infernal has been less kind so far, but I have the beginnings of some ideas, so hopefully it won't take too much longer.

EDIT: And that's a wrap! I had to swap out Alm and Eirika for Hinata and Olivia, but I made it. Reinhardt just managed to tank a Sword Flier in the end movements, Nino just survived the Bow Fighter's Glacies, and of course Hinata's Fury saw him dropped to 1 HP by the end, too. Also? Screw Obstruct.

The key was heading south and wiping out all of the Panic Ploy jerks as quickly as possible, while using Hinata to distract the Axe Fliers. Nino's Draw Back got Hinata where he needed to be to block the Brave Axe flier right at the end. Olivia's Dance was, of course, indispensable.

...Never again...

EDIT 2: BRB, promoting Hinata.

Edited by Seafarer

I think I'm going to give up on Infernal, the most I can do is to survive like 5 turns before that godamn Knight "fly" to where Olivia is waiting haha. Oh well, at least I did Lunatic, and maybe, when Valter come back, I could beat Infernal. That's what happened with Legion after all

I've tried various different strategies, but I can't afford to waste too many potions on this. I'm probably gonna have to give up on Infernal (Honestly I'm more upset over the 2k Feathers than the extra 4* Valter, kinda makes me wish Infernal rewards were a 5* unit rather than another 4* and feathers. But that's probably too much to wish for.)

9 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I think I'm going to give up on Infernal, the most I can do is to survive like 5 turns before that godamn Knight "fly" to where Olivia is waiting haha. Oh well, at least I did Lunatic, and maybe, when Valter come back, I could beat Infernal. That's what happened with Legion after all

What teams have you tried using for infernal?

I've spent the week looking for strategies that could work for me (and had minimal investment). The power of YouTube, search engines, and copy and paste* since Japanese strategies seems kind of neglected at times to me.

*Valter's Japanese name is ヴァルター. I entered that and filtered my search to upload date or today if I wanted to keep relevance.

Edited by Kaden

37 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What teams have you tried using for infernal?

I've spent the week looking for strategies that could work for me (and had minimal investment). The power of YouTube, search engines, and copy and paste since Japanese strategies seems kind of neglected at times to me.

Oh, I have looked at videos, but most of them have characters that I don't have or I don't have a way to give them the inheritance they need. Most of the videos use Reinhard, but my only Rein is a 4* with -Atk and 0 inheritance so, I'm dead for now lol.

And for the teams I have tried:

4*Klein, Bridelia, Xander/Olivia and Olivia

Xander, Camus, 4*Berkut/Leo74*Ursula (with red tomebreaker) and Frederick

Narcian, Xander, Olivia and Klein/Leon/Bridelia

4*Klein, Olivia, Xander and Camus - Based on a video with the same characters, this is the one that got me the best results, but it fails in the end, because the Knight keeps going for my Olivia because of her Iv's , also my Klein is -Def +Res , so maybe that's is taking a play here too

Edited by SniperGYS

Do you not have any extra skills you could use to make up for changes in AI behavior due to nature? I gave my Donnel and Olivia defense+3, and that got the AI to behave like how it did in the video I used.

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you not have any extra skills you could use to make up for changes in AI behavior due to nature? I gave my Donnel and Olivia defense+3, and that got the AI to behave like how it did in the video I used.

Righ now, I'm full of healers, Niles and Virions thanks to my failed search of Innes (can you believe that after near 300 orbs not even a Rebecca showed up? and only 1 Klein appeared) ... So... Nop, nothing usefull to give Olivia right now :(

Edited by SniperGYS

5 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Oh, I have looked at videos, but most of them have characters that I don't have or I don't have a way to give them the inheritance they need. Most of the videos use Reinhard, but my only Rein is a 4* with -Atk and 0 inheritance so, I'm dead for now lol.

Yeah, me not wanting to invest in units I'm not sure on what to build for them lead me to try and find strategies with the most minimal investment needed.

The strategies that stand out to me are a couple by yorotsruuu yorotsruuu and the three strategies I posted on page 23: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/73294-scorched-grand-hero-battle-valter-the-moonstone/&do=findComment&comment=4960318, since they're freebie unit strategies that just have a high feather cost and assumes you can get a Gordin.

I'm not sure what characters you have exactly, but one of the lowest investments is the 3* Gordin one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us5TIuTdgas. All you need are Camus and Ursula to be at 5*, Olivia at 4*, and I bet any Brave Bow archer would work considering a 3* Gordin was used who was only there to deal with the fliers. There's no skill inheritance involved, only ~40k feathers if your Camus and Ursula aren't at 5* and Ursula needs an Attack +1 seal. Compared to Ventus where you needed 4* Donnel and 4* Gordin to be specific natures -- Donnel has to be +Def or inherit Def +3 and Gordin couldn't be -Def --, it's just Camus and Ursula does everything non-flier related, Gordin and probably any Brave Bow archer takes out the fliers, and Olivia dances.

5 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

4*Klein, Olivia, Xander and Camus - Based on a video with the same characters, this is the one that got me the best results, but it fails in the end, because the Knight keeps going for my Olivia because of her Iv's , also my Klein is -Def +Res , so maybe that's is taking a play here too

Which video is this? Is it this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqsQ3C1TFM? The Klein used in that video is +Spd, -HP.

What IV is Olivia anyway? Even then, if both were -Def and =HP, Olivia would have 34 HP and 21 Def while Klein would have 37 HP and 15 Def. I'd figure the sword knight would follow Klein instead since he'd one-shot Klein regardless. Yeah, so the sword knight has 58 total attack and it takes 55 total attack to one-shot -Def, =HP Olivia and 52 to one-shot -Def, =HP Klein. If they were neutral, 57 to one-shot Olivia and 55 to one-shot Klein. He should be following Klein of all people since he's easier to kill.

What you could do and this was done in Sashibu's strategy with 4* Clarisse, 4* Olivia, 5* Ursula, and 5* Valter is give Olivia a HP +3 seal. If she's -Def, then it wouldn't change anything since she'd still get one-shotted. If she were neutral, then she lives with 3 HP. Or you could give Olivia a Squad Ace B seal and maybe the sword knight would think she's tankier than Klein.

Part of me wonders if you could replace Klein with someone else and see if it works. Bride Cordelia is fragile and if she's running Brave Bow, probably has the same damage output as Klein, so the enemy might react similarly and the sword knight might want to follow her. Or you could do the opposite and use Leon with his high defense stat somehow get things to work.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm not sure what characters you have exactly, but one of the lowest investments is the 3* Gordin one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us5TIuTdgas. All you need are Camus and Ursula to be at 5*, Olivia at 4*, and I bet any Brave Bow archer would work considering a 3* Gordin was used who was only there to deal with the fliers. There's no skill inheritance involved, only ~40k feathers if your Camus and Ursula aren't at 5* and Ursula needs an Attack +1 seal.

I'm not sure how 'oh, just promote this random unit to 5*' is low investment, but sure.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm not sure how 'oh, just promote this random unit to 5*' is low investment, but sure.

Infernal Valter is a hell of a GHB.

Camus and Ursula are still pretty good units to get to 5*. Clarisse on the other hand, good, but not good enough for some.

The alternative is you got really lucky in getting the right units for this GHB's Infernal difficulty where an all-4* team still requires that since if you only have a -Def Gordin, then you're screwed because the sword knight will just mess with everything. Maybe it would work with 4* =Def Leon; I have no idea. Most of the strategies for infernal Valter have one or two 5* units including the unit you can get from this GHB. And some of the free units-only strategies require you inherit skills which is usually Brave Bow for Clarisse.

Here's one with 4* neutral Gordin, level 37 4* Olivia with no skills equipped and level 36 4* Olivia with a Spur Def 1 seal, and 5* Valter with an Attack +1 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBzbH0Wxhms. Oh, wait, this assumes you summoned a Gordin, kept your special map Olivias, and have ~20k feathers to spare for Valter. Whoops, forgot the scourge that is the sword knight. This is a lunatic strategy.

Or would you rather dump ~60k feathers on Camus, Clarisse, and Ursula and have spent the time to get Quickened Pulse in the first Tempest Trials just so you could do this GHB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBWw4xm1EFM? Team is 5* Camus, 5* Clarisse with Quickened Pulse, 4* neutral Olivia, and 5* Ursula with an Attack +1 seal.

yorotsuruuu's first strategies required a 5* Camus who inherited Reciprocal Aid and Quick Riposte 1 and 5* Clarisse who inherited L&D2 and Astra alongside 4* Olivia and 4* Wrys who would have had to inherit Spur Attack 1 if you didn't give Clarisse Astra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCcTCgkMccU.

The second strategy requires 5* Clarisse with L&D1 a Quickened Pulse seal and 5* Ursula alongside 4* Donnel and 4* Olivia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be0IXx-5Evo.

Or you could go with Sashibu's strategy where you need 5* Ursula and 5* Valter and have given Clarisse a Brave Bow and at least Attack +1.

nstyler in her lunatic strategy video description said she doesn't think she can do infernal with the free units at 4* available without skill inheritance and the other free units strategy uploaders have resorted to using at least one 5* unit and a summonable unit, Gordin, or inherited his Brave Bow onto someone for infernal. In the case of Ventus who features summonable units, he comes the closest with an all-4* team that still hinges on luck because of natures. Infernal Berkut, Clarisse, Legion, and Lloyd were all doable with free units with at most one 5* unit.

Nobody deserves to beat infernal GHBs; nobody deserves to win anything. Infernal Valter is just such a dickish map and fitting considering who the grand hero we're fighting is.

Edited by Kaden

55 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Which video is this? Is it this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqsQ3C1TFM? The Klein used in that video is +Spd, -HP.

What IV is Olivia anyway? Even then, if both were -Def and =HP, Olivia would have 34 HP and 21 Def while Klein would have 37 HP and 15 Def. I'd figure the sword knight would follow Klein instead since he'd one-shot Klein regardless. Yeah, so the sword knight has 58 total attack and it takes 55 total attack to one-shot -Def, =HP Olivia and 52 to one-shot -Def, =HP Klein. If they were neutral, 57 to one-shot Olivia and 55 to one-shot Klein. He should be following Klein of all people since he's easier to kill.

What you could do and this was done in Sashibu's strategy with 4* Clarisse, 4* Olivia, 5* Ursula, and 5* Valter is give Olivia a HP +3 seal. If she's -Def, then it wouldn't change anything since she'd still get one-shotted. If she were neutral, then she lives with 3 HP. Or you could give Olivia a Squad Ace B seal and maybe the sword knight would think she's tankier than Klein.

Part of me wonders if you could replace Klein with someone else and see if it works. Bride Cordelia is fragile and if she's running Brave Bow, probably has the same damage output as Klein, so the enemy might react similarly and the sword knight might want to follow her. Or you could do the opposite and use Leon with his high defense stat somehow get things to work.

Yeah, that's the video!

My Olivia is -Def +Res. I think what is happening... Is that my Olivia doesn't have the Ruby Sword, so she receives damage from the axe pegasus and that's probably why the Knight choose to go after her instead of Klein, because she has lower hp than him Lol. I don't have the Squad Ace B seal, hasn't beat the maps yet (I have been a bit bussy these days and hasn't played a lot)

Camus is 5* , Ursula is only 4* . But I want to promote Ursula since she has been very usefull to me, but Valter... I already have Subaki and Catria as blue flyers, and I was hoping to get a red flyer instead, since I only have green and blue. Is very worth it to promote him too?

My Leon is -Def too lol . Klein is actually good here, but yeah, I think the problem is that my Olivia receives damage and that's why the enemies end acting different.

But is fine if I can't pass it, I can receive 2000 feathers for sending away all the healers I got instead of Innes... So, no problem! I at least got one 4*Valter, so it's fine

If your Olivia is -def, the strategy I used won't work. And Donnel has to be +def as well. I was able to fix this by just using defense+3 and skill inheritance.

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

Yeah, that's the video!

My Olivia is -Def +Res. I think what is happening... Is that my Olivia doesn't have the Ruby Sword, so she receives damage from the axe pegasus and that's probably why the Knight choose to go after her instead of Klein, because she has lower hp than him Lol. I don't have the Squad Ace B seal, hasn't beat the maps yet (I have been a bit bussy these days and hasn't played a lot)

Camus is 5* , Ursula is only 4* . But I want to promote Ursula since she has been very usefull to me, but Valter... I already have Subaki and Catria as blue flyers, and I was hoping to get a red flyer instead, since I only have green and blue. Is very worth it to promote him too?

My Leon is -Def too lol . Klein is actually good here, but yeah, I think the problem is that my Olivia receives damage and that's why the enemies end acting different.

But is fine if I can't pass it, I can receive 2000 feathers for sending away all the healers I got instead of Innes... So, no problem! I at least got one 4*Valter, so it's fine

I think that strategy requires you have Ruby Sword on Olivia considering she has to tank the axe Pegasus Knight who doesn't really have that high of a total attack with 39 and the Brave Axe cavalier who has 49 total attack. With only WTA to lower the damage, -Def 4* Olivia would take 11x2 from the axe Pegasus Knight and 24x2 from the axe cavalier. She'd die to the axe cavalier alone regardless of his Threaten Def 3 making it worse. With Ruby Sword, it drops down to 3x2 from the axe Pegasus Knight and 14x2 from the Brave Axe cavalier. She's going to need a HP +3 seal or either Camus or Klein to have a Spur Def 1 seal to survive against the axe cavalier. Also, Klein never took a hit in that video.

As for promoting, depends on what you want or need. If Ursula is doing well for you, then sure, make her a 5* and the 3* Gordin strategy might work with Klein in place since all Gordin did was kill the fliers. It probably will mess with some of the positioning, though. Maybe Leon with a Brave Bow instead since -Def 4* Leon would have the same defense as 3* Gordin 5* would have the same as 4* Gordin.

Valter's in a case where he's used in a couple of the strategies for infernal Valter, so, if you don't find him useful for anything else, then he might not be worth it. Is he a good unit? Yeah, but the issue right now is that there are a lot of good blue fliers out there. Cordelia, Est, Hinoka, and Tana are all good offensive fliers with Tana also being a good defensive flier alongside Subaki and for mage-tanking Clair and Florina, but they kind of need Distant Counter if you want them to be more than a magic wall. What's special about Valter other than being the first wyvern flier who doesn't use axes and the first revealed lance flier to have a legendary weapon or being a free source of Panic Ploy for people is that his stat spread is pretty good -- he has good physical bulk -- and his Cursed Lance makes him stronger since it's basically a legendary Killer/Slaying Lance that also has a modified Fury 2.

He won't have Tana's Vidofnir's +7 to defense when attacked by axes, lances, and swords making her bulky despite her 25 neutral defense on top of her higher attack and speed, but he's still a free blue flier with a legendary lance. If Valter was a sword flier which he shouldn't be, but anyway, if he was, he'd have the distinction of being the only high defense sword flier which sword fliers kind of desperately need other than more sword fliers since there's only Caeda, a fast mage tank, and Palla, a jack of all trades. Also, if anything, Valter, like Tana, can be a more flexible defensive lance fliers since he has above-average attack compared to Subaki who's more of a sword wall and really depends on Sapphire Lance for damage when he has low base attack.

Edit: Just for fun, someone heavily beat infernal Valter with two SI'd Kagero, Ninian, and Olivia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=884eao4EWhQ.

Edited by Kaden

Are you prepared for the grand madness that is my infernal clear?

I didn't really change my team, but I gave them a few Skills. In retrospec, the Escape Route on Nino was not necessary. But yeah. Took me 3 or 4 stamina pots, but I did it.