Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

I actually like what they did with Cordelia's character in terms of her not even being able to support with Chrom--i thought that was a clever writing move.

Knowing what we know about her, the silence is deafening. The absence of dialogue there better conveys a sense of unrequited love then anything that actually could have been said between them. 

I think that was a better way to approach it then say--the cringey A-Support between Fay and Alm in Echoes. (Ew)

In terms of who she works well wtih--and I know Anacybele is going to lynch me for this--but I will absolutely swear by Cordelia x Frederick. Not because of anything in their support chain. But just because by the totality of their character, their quirks and personalities compliment each other perfectly.

Yes--Corderlia--is physically attractive--but look beyond that.  In Corderlia you have that controlling perfectionist streak that most men in a relationship would find incredibly unattractive, and would eventually come to regard as intolerable nagging.

Likewise, in Fredrick, you have borderline-OCD attention to detail and obsessive behaviors that most woman would find extremely off-putting.

In Cordelia you have a woman who would actually appreciate those behaviors in Frederick rather than be turned-off by them, because they compliment her perfectionism. And in Frederick you have a man would actually appreciate that nagging perfectionism in Corderlia rather than be turned-off by it, because it compliments his own impeccable attention to detail and need for everything to be perfectly orderly. They're perfect for each other.

And that also fits the broader family dynamic, because if Cordelia and Frederick are raising a kid together--oh my god. That explains the attitude on Severa.

...Your entire childhood is your mom holding you to the impossibly high standards of a Cordelia and your dad holding you to the impossibly high standards of a Frederick...

"No sweety, that's not nearly good enough; daddy can still see 3 pebbles. Watch how your mother does it. Now try it again. One cannot be sloppy when clearing a path--you must focus on the task at hand!"

...yeah...

...when the kid's old enough to talk back, that'll get you a Severa...

Edited by Shoblongoo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

We know the release date in Japan, september 28.

I see my ten seconds on google has failed me. Chances are we are getting 5 more character or so ( please let it include Tharja and .Camillia, After all, Team Ninja is working on the game, and we all know what series are they popular for and why).

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I see my ten seconds on google has failed me. Chances are we are getting 5 more character or so ( please let it include Tharja and .Camillia, After all, Team Ninja is working on the game, and we all know what series are they popular for and why).

They do mechanics in KT games outside of DoA & Ninja Gaiden like how they were hired by SE for Dissidia NT's gameplay mechanics, Omega Force is the main driver of the game and always is in charge of Warriors games. 

But I see popularity putting them in regardless.

Edited by Jedi

47 minutes ago, Thane said:

I would personally like to see some minor characters next, however. How about Oboro?

Though honestly, Cordelia herself is a pretty minor character.  Her role in the story as a whole just boils down to being a messenger, essentially.  Though the fact she's in does give me a bit of hope for 'Boro.  I feel like I'm the only one who really wants her to be in the game.  Heck, I'll settle on just about anyone outside of the royals for Fates.  Even Setsuna.  Or Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride.

Just show that there are actual common people in Fateslandia and not just princes, princesses, and dragons, because the game itself is already a huge vacuum for anyone of a lower station than outright leader.

6 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

*Stuff about Cordelia*

I won't deny that this all makes sense...

Though the idea of Fred being a sloppy second still irks me.

Also, what's this talk about Tharja not getting in?  What, are people goldfish?  Did we not go over this?  Just 'cuz we haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't in.  I'd assume we'll at least get two more characters from Awakening.  Maybe not revealed anytime soon, especially if the next batch of characters will be who everyone thinks they'll be.  But I highly doubt this is all there is, and I won't believe it is until the game releases.

15 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Though honestly, Cordelia herself is a pretty minor character.  Her role in the story as a whole just boils down to being a messenger, essentially.  Though the fact she's in does give me a bit of hope for 'Boro.  I feel like I'm the only one who really wants her to be in the game.  Heck, I'll settle on just about anyone outside of the royals for Fates.  Even Setsuna.  Or Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride.

She placed higher than Azura in polls. I want her in, but I also 100% believe that she's in. Who else have we got for pure lance infantry? 

Just now, The DanMan said:

She placed higher than Azura in polls. I want her in, but I also 100% believe that she's in. Who else have we got for pure lance infantry? 

Draug, Effie pretty much are the only armors I see having a chance getting in, so them.

Just now, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Armors aren't 'infantry' though.  The only playable lance infantry in the games are Donnel, Mozu, Oboro, and Azura, I think.

Oh right Donnel & Mozu, I keep forgetting since their promotions seem to like putting them away from lances.

35 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Oh right Donnel & Mozu, I keep forgetting since their promotions seem to like putting them away from lances.

Mozu's standard promotions still have her using lances, though the master of arms has an a in swords and a b in axes and lances and the merchant if memory serves me correctly has an a in bows, so I guess that she doesn't get to main lances if you look at it that way.

donnel sucks and I hope he is not in becomes a mercenary or fighter, which has class overlap and annoys the crap out of me so he only has 3 possible final classes, none of which make his pot look  good or use lances mind you. Why is it that tellius is the only game that got soldiers right?

I hoped for a Fire Emblem warriors game and that Cordelia would be in it. Both of those have come true. Cordelia was going to be my main anyways but man does she look epic! I really love her large range and that pegasus swarm move looks amazing. To think, before Cordelia was announced I was going to main Female Corrin, but now she's pushed back to secondary.

Edited by LucarioGamer812

58 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Well, that's true of Donnel, but not of Mozu, who has lances as a weapon for all her possible classes except Sniper.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Donnel, Mozu, Azura, and Shiro. That's... Not a lot of competition. That makes me think she has a pretty good shot at getting in. Also, two of those (both of whom happen to be from her game) did rather poorly in their popularity polls...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

12 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I hoped for a Fire Emblem warriors game and that Cordelia would be in it. Both of those have come true. Cordelia was going to be my main anyways but man does she look epic! I really love her large range and that pegasus swarm move looks amazing. To think, before Cordelia was announced I was going to main Female Corrin, but now she's pushed back to secondary.

Well you have 4 characters to pick for every map so you have 2 at least hahaha.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

She did in the Japanese one but not in the CYL one she didn't. I still want Oboro to make the cut regardless.

So I'm guess I'm in the minority when I say I think Corderlia looks weird since her hitbox looks very off to me. I can't imagine it being easy to animate but all this did was make me nervous about the Wyvern class now.

Edited by Zangetsu

Just now, Jedi said:

Well you have 4 characters to pick for every map so you have 2 at least hahaha.

Yeah very true, if Hyrule warriors prepared me for anything, it was playing as 4 op units all with a different playstyle and often switching between them. (Link with master sword, Linkle with Crossbows, Young Link with his mask, and Lana with her tome).

Now the only thing to make this game even better for me is if they add Nephenee, Severa, Mathilda, and/or Delthea.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

I actually like what they did with Cordelia's character in terms of her not even being able to support with Chrom--i thought that was a clever writing move.

Knowing what we know about her, the silence is deafening. The absence of dialogue there better conveys a sense of unrequited love then anything that actually could have been said between them. 

I think that was a better way to approach it then say--the cringey A-Support between Fay and Alm in Echoes. (Ew)

In terms of who she works well wtih--and I know Anacybele is going to lynch me for this--but I will absolutely swear by Cordelia x Frederick. Not because of anything in their support chain. But just because by the totality of their character, their quirks and personalities compliment each other perfectly.

Yes--Corderlia--is physically attractive--but look beyond that.  In Corderlia you have that controlling perfectionist streak that most men in a relationship would find incredibly unattractive, and would eventually come to regard as intolerable nagging.

Likewise, in Fredrick, you have borderline-OCD attention to detail and obsessive behaviors that most woman would find extremely off-putting.

In Cordelia you have a woman who would actually appreciate those behaviors in Frederick rather than be turned-off by them, because they compliment her perfectionism. And in Frederick you have a man would actually appreciate that nagging perfectionism in Corderlia rather than be turned-off by it, because it compliments his own impeccable attention to detail and need for everything to be perfectly orderly. They're perfect for each other.

And that also fits the broader family dynamic, because if Cordelia and Frederick are raising a kid together--oh my god. That explains the attitude on Severa.

...Your entire childhood is your mom holding you to the impossibly high standards of a Cordelia and your dad holding you to the impossibly high standards of a Frederick...

"No sweety, that's not nearly good enough; daddy can still see 3 pebbles. Watch how your mother does it. Now try it again. One cannot be sloppy when clearing a path--you must focus on the task at hand!"

...yeah...

...when the kid's old enough to talk back, that'll get you a Severa...

Dude, I don't need to do anything to you at all! I applaud this post. You must not know that Cordelia is my favorite pairing for Frederick after female Robin. Even though I like Stahl best for Cordelia's hubby, because I feel like Stahl is just the kind of guy she needs to really get her to move on from Chrom. Stahl is such a nice guy, he'd always be good and loyal to a girl he likes, and he gets interested in things Cordelia does and all that. And Cordelia even says Stahl replaces Chrom in her heart. It's one of the few supports where Cordelia definitely does get over Chrom and loves another man instead.

I like Frederick as Cordelia's hubby too because he fits so well as Severa's dad that it's crazy. :P And I think Frederick could do what Stahl would do for Cordelia almost as well. He's kind, loyal, and loving despite his silly habits.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Except Azura has plot relevance.

True enough. I think the other three are significantly less likely, though.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

True enough. I think the other three are significantly less likely, though.

Donnel may have a shot, but I'm not even sure who the other two are though. The main issue here is having two lance infantry from the same game might work against one of them.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, I don't need to do anything to you at all! I applaud this post. You must not know that Cordelia is my favorite pairing for Frederick after female Robin. Even though I like Stahl best for Cordelia's hubby, because I feel like Stahl is just the kind of guy she needs to really get her to move on from Chrom. Stahl is such a nice guy, he'd always be good and loyal to a girl he likes, and he gets interested in things Cordelia does and all that. And Cordelia even says Stahl replaces Chrom in her heart. It's one of the few supports where Cordelia definitely does get over Chrom and loves another man instead.

I like Frederick as Cordelia's hubby too because he fits so well as Severa's dad that it's crazy. :P And I think Frederick could do what Stahl would do for Cordelia almost as well. He's kind, loyal, and loving despite his silly habits.

I like Stahl too. Also, the dynamic they have is that Stahl is overall a plain guy, whereas Cordelia is a perfectionist. It's like the hilarious thing where the ordinary guy dates the prettiest girl in school. To the eyes of others in school, they are wondering how a plain guy could be with someone like that. 

And Severa being their child also makes sense. Her dad is a plain guy that doesn't worry too much about trying hard, whereas her mother is perfect. Striving to be as good as her mother, but having a father that would appreciate her hard work still, its a nice balance. 

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Donnel may have a shot, but I'm not even sure who the other two are though. The main issue here is having two lance infantry from the same game might work against one of them.

How well did he do in his game's popularity poll again...? Because I know Shiro and Mozu both ended up pretty low.

How well did he do in his game's popularity poll again...? Because I know Shiro and Mozu both ended up pretty low.

I don't know, but he was name dropped as a popular character in an interview.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I like Stahl too. Also, the dynamic they have is that Stahl is overall a plain guy, whereas Cordelia is a perfectionist. It's like the hilarious thing where the ordinary guy dates the prettiest girl in school. To the eyes of others in school, they are wondering how a plain guy could be with someone like that. 

And Severa being their child also makes sense. Her dad is a plain guy that doesn't worry too much about trying hard, whereas her mother is perfect. Striving to be as good as her mother, but having a father that would appreciate her hard work still, its a nice balance. 

Yep, that too! Stahl being the plain dude getting with the popular pretty girl just works nicely. lol

17th, he's under Walhart, Male Morgan, Fredrick, Priam and several (obviously) others.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

17th, he's under Walhart, Male Morgan, Fredrick, Priam and several (obviously) others.

And this is out of how many - 26?