Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

You're kinda making something out of nothing. Camilla grew close to Corrin because of the concubines fighting in King Garon's harem. She never actively seduces him, she acts the same way regardless of Corrin's gender. If doting on your little sibling is seductive then a lot of people I know are trying to get into their little siblings pants ?. Hate a character all you want but don't jump on a bandwagon and become an ignorant sheep.

See their M! Corrin and Camilla's support conversations: 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For some reason, your relationship there reminds me of the scene where Micaiah claims that Ike is the father of Sothe's children.

Nobody saw the kinks in Ike's writing sooner than the writers of RD themselves. Mad Respect. 

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I actually have an overall favorable opinion of Camilla.  I was on her team for the Wyvern Gauntlet.  Come to think of it, I think that might be the only Gauntlet that I've been on the winning team for.

I guess we (& others) prove the idea that those who like Camilla only because of her fanservice wrong.
Heh,I went from Cherche to Camilla in that one (I wanted to go Hinoka too but alas only team at a time), in the end I got to support two favourites so that was a kind of win.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Nobody saw the kinks in Ike's writing sooner than the writers of RD themselves. Mad Respect. 

It also makes good yaoi!

You'd think the writers might have actually adjusted the writing if they knew Ike was getting to praised. But I guess they'd written themselves into a corner by then. Still one of the best lines in RD though, and Part 2 has some solid writing, and early Part 3 even.

3 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

I guess we (& others) prove the idea that those who like Camilla only because of her fanservice wrong.
Heh,I went from Cherche to Camilla in that one (I wanted to go Hinoka too but alas only team at a time), in the end I got to support two favourites so that was a kind of win.

I don't think anyone's claiming that everyone who likes Camilla is all about the fanservice.

However, I do think that the fanservice is the reason that enough people like her to make her one of the more popular characters.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I guess it's not a party of just me. Huzzah!

Basara Camilla is my favorite art for her too, and I reclassed her into Dark Flier in Conquest because dang she's way sexier there. Mega RIP her potential.

At least she's not Hinoka. I heard she's pretty much irrelevant to the story in Fates. It's a shame since I like her design.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, she's much more tasteful, by comparison, but it's still there. I just have to come to terms with the fact my favorite lacks that fanservice. Oh well, she did really well for not being overtly sexualized.

Fanservice is fanservice. Would you not consider Hawkeye as fanservice? Dude is a ripped, tan, shirtless beefcake. Some people might ignore it and feel he's just a warrior, but for others, he's some tasty eye candy.

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Camilla in Titania armor would immediately give her an A+ in my book, for her design at least. I like everything north of her shoulders.

The closest thing is her Wyvern Lord? Cipher card. She still shows some skin, but it's way better than whatever the heck she's wearing as her canonical Malig Knight outfit. Oh, and there's that dress in concept art or something. Autumn, casual dress Camilla chucking pumpkins from a tome. Modest and beautiful. :P

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t forget the bounce. Always remember the bounce.

Wvbh3sw.gif

Curse the bounce.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, she seems a lot more...clingy too. As for the assist trophy, it may be minor, but it certainly got the ball rolling since I honestly doubt as many people played Blazing Blade as either Awakening or Fates. Plus a lot of people (myself included) probably didn't know who to vote for, so they were going to just vote for people they recognized and an assist is more recognizable than some minor trophy (I did ditch that plan after the midterms and I got my hopes up that Lucina could rally). I was planning to vote for Marth, Ike, and Lyn, but never got around to it.

Idk, it's super hard to believe that any substantial amount of fans came from the assist trophy. Like you alluded to with Ike earlier, I think it's much more likely that there were a lot more dedicated Lyn voters than certain Awakening/Fates ones. That would also explain Hector's popularity, as he had no other exposure outside of his series (maybe a sticker in Brawl? Don't remember). No doubt about how Awakening and Fates reached more people than previous titles, but us in the older fanbase, as I'm sure you know, love to stick to our classics now that things have change direction so much. 

Edited by Together We Ride

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Wasn't Beruka's armor supposed to be Camilla's old armor or something? Might have remembered something wrong in one of the supports I've watched on YouTube.

I don't know, she seems like a wasted character which apparently, a lot of the Fates characters are from what I heard. Never played Fates, but I know some bits and pieces through watching some supports. For one, Benny is cool.

You are right about that.

Honestly thats why I hate Camilla to me she represents the disappointing aspects of fates, she just screams could have been awesome, much like fates the foundations are there but instead its taken in an entirely different and nonsensical direction and the writers seem to be proud of what they have done while i just want to punch them in the face for messing it up so badly. 

That said Benny is the best thing ever.

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

See their M! Corrin and Camilla's support conversations: 

Your point is? It's the same thing for the female avatar, minus the s-support obviously. Her behavior goes a little extreme but does that make her some horrible vixen trying to get into the avatar's pants? No. She's just an older sister with a traumatic past. The writing overall in Fates is awful and Camilla is just another victim of that.

19 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Do it. Rule 63 is a thing, after all. Then make an OC for it - she can be Freddy and your Avatar's daughter with a love of Ike's legends or something.

lol, thing is, I've already made a daughter for those two and she's more into boys and horses. XD

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kinda random comment, but I need something to take my mind off of Ogre Sex Battle: March of the Black Dairy Queen.

I don't care for cosplaying at all really. I understand the reasons why people do it and tolerate it, but for me it ruins the ideal. 9.999% of people who cosplay as say Link could never ever truly imitate him. It's a disgrace to me because I want to worship and appreciate characters in their ideal, which is almost impossible to make real. I love Sephiran and like Nailah too, but I'd never cosplay as either because I'd be a very far cry from the real thing- which exists only in video game pixels and official artwork.

That's fine, not everyone has to enjoy it. Just so long as you're not reprimanding those who do just because you don't like it.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

At least she's not Hinoka. I heard she's pretty much irrelevant to the story in Fates. It's a shame since I like her design.

Fanservice is fanservice. Would you not consider Hawkeye as fanservice? Dude is a ripped, tan, shirtless beefcake. Some people might ignore it and feel he's just a warrior, but for others, he's some tasty eye candy.

I mean, yeah, I guess he is, but he is at least a desert nomad (I think, never played 6 since, you know, Japanese and I'm not well versed in emulators). It will almost certainly always be around, and people eat it up. Again, at least Lucina managed to do well without any overt fanservice...to start. Bunny Lucina is most definitely fanvservice, and I'm okay with that.

2 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Curse the bounce.

Idk, it's super hard to believe that any substantial amount of fans came from the assist trophy. Like you alluded to with Ike earlier, I think it's much more likely that there were a lot more dedicated Lyn voters than certain Awakening/Fates ones. No doubt about how Awakening and Fates reached more people than previous titles, but us in the older fanbase, as I'm sure you know, love to stick to our classics now that things have change direction so much. 

I'm not sure since it at least got her name out there (in fact, a friend of mine actually remembered her name), but dedication probably does have some sway. For one, most of Awakening's fans are more casual and may have not even voted every day (I don't think my brother did for example). To add to the gauntlet, more casual players have probably lost a lot of interest in the game by now like my other brother.

Hm...the more I think about it...

Camilla's (lack of) armor...Corrin's shoelessness...Azura's entire outfit...

Maybe Nohr is going through some sort of Fashion Dark Age, and just no one there can figure out clothes?

27 minutes ago, TheWerdna said:

I am torn.

On one hand I am horrified and disgusted that Camilia beat Lyn.

On the other hand, I enjoy the sweet sweet irony aimed at the more toxic (minority) of Lyn voters who were bragging about how Lyn winning round 1 proved that the 3DS era of games sucked only to lose to a character embodying some of the worst aspects of said era.

Good God, do I hate how those obnoxious jerks are using Lyn like that. I've encounter them before & it really piss me off to no ends.

24 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Smash may have had more to do with that since more people played that then 7 if we're being honest. Plus, yeah, legs, decent bust, potential of no underwear. She's fanservice that people aren't shamed for liking. Not saying that's where all her fans come from, but, come on, look at her.

Look I really don't know what Lyn did to you at the end of the day, but seriously man you gotta stop with these broad statement. Someone like Little Mac was always popular character request but he was an assist trophy in Brawl & he didn't make his playable debut until Smash 4.

I get that you think Lyn is embodiment of every purist & elitist fanboy out there, but that would be making the same accusation on that Lucy is the embodiment of every weeb & annoying casual fan. That's just double standard friend. You wanna take it out on the elitist & purist then call it out on them & not  fictional character.

23 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

To be fair, the best way to "fix" the multiplier would be to go all the way and troll win with Camilla. People here are already ruffled enough to say they'll send reports over it from this round alone.

Like Rezzy, I've been against the multiplier from the beginning. So this gauntlet letting it be proven as a lame mechanic to a bigger amount of people, AND have my favorite character come out on top is just a win win. 

I hated it since the the Cleric gauntlet. At first I thought it was balance, but now I could have never imagine how wrong I was. I haven't been this upset since S!F-Corrin won but at least that because she was actually popular. To make matter worse for me I genuinely like Camilla since I actually like her character.

God, this Gauntlet's purpose has worn it's novelty.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

15 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Hawkeye could be considered fanservice sure, but he is a grown man with a daughter and dead wife, he certainly wasn't intended to be fanservice at all. His design is a manly Igrene first and foremost. And none of his supports features romance or sexiness at all, nor does his language or behaviors. Camilla on the other hand was clearly intended to be fanservice.

This said, I'm not denunciative of Hyrule Warriors's Cia (or Bayonetta just to bring her up).

Just now, JJ48 said:

Hm...the more I think about it...

Camilla's (lack of) armor...Corrin's shoelessness...Azura's entire outfit...

Maybe Nohr is going through some sort of Fashion Dark Age, and just no one there can figure out clothes?

They are supposed to be resource poor or something. I think that is actually stated in Birthright but i can't really remember it would be stupid to have such a major motivation off handily mention once so I may have just head cannoned it but i wouldn't put it past the writing team 

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Look I really don't know what Lyn did to you at the end of the day, but seriously man you gotta stop with these broad statement. Someone like Little Mac was always popular character request but he was an assist trophy in Brawl & he didn't make his playable debut until Smash 4.

I get that you think Lyn is embodiment of every purist & elitist fanboy out there, but that would be making the same accusation on that Lucy is the embodiment of every weeb & annoying casual fan. That's just double standard friend. You wanna take it out on the elitist & purist then call it out on them & not  fictional character.

I mean, Little Mac was from a classic NES game and fairly widely known among classic gamers, not that I think he was so widely loved beforehand. To say that she won only because she's the first western lord, seems a bit far fetched, and boobs make you popular. Ask Camilla. It may not be the only or even the main reason, but it is probably a hefty contributor. 

I had a feeling this would happen when I checked the thread earlier today, but it still was a bit disappointing to come in and see the multiplier and subsequent loss happen so close to the end like that.  

To be honest, I have a lot to say about the Multiplier as a concept as I understand why it's implemented but feel the execution's flawed, but I'll keep that critique in my pocket for the end since I feel there will be more to be said once everything's over.

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean, yeah, I guess he is, but he is at least a desert nomad (I think, never played 6 since, you know, Japanese and I'm not well versed in emulators). It will almost certainly always be around, and people eat it up. Again, at least Lucina managed to do well without any overt fanservice...to start. Bunny Lucina is most definitely fanvservice, and I'm okay with that.

To be fair, that does also apply to Lyn as she's supposed to be a native of Sacae and with the female myrmidons that we see hail from that region they tend to dress in a similar way such as with Karla. It doesn't change the fact that it still has that appeal, but it does have a place in the character's origins like with Hawkeye rather then being exclusively a product of fanservice like with Camilla.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean, Little Mac was from a classic NES game and fairly widely known among classic gamers, not that I think he was so widely loved beforehand. To say that she won only because she's the first western lord, seems a bit far fetched, and boobs make you popular. Ask Camilla. It may not be the only or even the main reason, but it is probably a hefty contributor. 

Never underestimate the power of nostalgia, a lot of people hold their first experiences in high regard and that is no different with the characters we play with in video games.

Edited by Medeus

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

They are supposed to be resource poor or something. I think that is actually stated in Birthright but i can't really remember it would be stupid to have such a major motivation off handily mention once so I may have just head cannoned it but i wouldn't put it past the writing team 

Ok, I actually like the idea that some poor tailor was running low on resources while making Azura's outfit, and had to leave a large hole in the side just to have enough fabric to fashion a single pant leg.

New headcanon!  XD

RE: Camilla discussion, I think the most troublesome thing isn't her sex appeal, it's that she's supposed to be seen as your sister but IS also wanted her to give you a boner. Her intro video in Birthright is literally a T&A parade. I don't have any criticism of Sonia because she's SUPPOSED to be sexy, it's the very reason she exists in-universe.

14 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Honestly thats why I hate Camilla to me she represents the disappointing aspects of fates, she just screams could have been awesome, much like fates the foundations are there but instead its taken in an entirely different and nonsensical direction and the writers seem to be proud of what they have done while i just want to punch them in the face for messing it up so badly. 

Also this.

So Lyn lost? I'm supporting Ike but Lyn is another of my favourite characters and I was looking forward to Ike vs Lyn in the finals, so this is upsetting for sure. I would've been totally fine with either Ike or Lyn winning the whole thing. Now, I like Camilla, but a whole lot less than most of the other characters in the gauntlet. So, here's hoping Ike has an easy path to victory now at least, and sorry to those on team Lyn.

24 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Personally, Camilla's Cipher card where she's a Basara looks really cool. You have Camilla, her face and figure, and you have a neat outfit.
Camilla's design in a way is kind of simple to be classy or tasteful without being stupid(ly sexualized). Long lavender hair that covers an eye and a headpiece that kind of makes her look like she has cat ears or horns.

18 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I guess it's not a party of just me. Huzzah!

Basara Camilla is my favorite art for her too, and I reclassed her into Dark Flier in Conquest because dang she's way sexier there. Mega RIP her potential.

Well I'm pretty biased on this outfit of hers:

Spoiler

bRmRaBo.png
Source: Page from the Fire Emblem if: Crown of the Nibelung Manga - Chapter 8

10 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I don't think anyone's claiming that everyone who likes Camilla is all about the fanservice.

However, I do think that the fanservice is the reason that enough people like her to make her one of the more popular characters.

There are quite a number who do think so as far as my observations have gone - they literally can't fathom that anyone has another reason to like her.