Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Hey you might get to use my Soren again! Hopefully I'll get to try out your Amelia in between the sea of Ike's and Ryoma's. 

I absolutely love using your Soren! Keeps reminding me that I need to build my own Soren. I've got a +ATK one...but I am hoping for a +SPD one eventually. But I love my Amelia. 51 ATK And 41 SPD with Moonbow ready on her first strike. Hopefully she slices through the competition. 

"You'll be my master strategist, and I'll be your peerless warrior!" - Lyn

Really, I suppose we should have expected this loss from someone who thinks that a lone swordswoman needs a strategist.

(Seriously, I've never been able to figure out what Lyn was going for there.  She's setting out to try to be the greatest sword master, which will probably mostly involve fighting duels.  What exactly does she think the avatar's going to be able to contribute, in terms of strategy?  "Be faster than your opponent!"  "Try to die less!")

Well, I have no interest in participating in the final round.

After all the build-up we had for a potentially actually interesting final match with Ike v. Lyn, another curb stomp with Ike v. Camilla right after the previous finals just has no entertainment value and no character I care enough about to support. There was novelty with Corrin v. Gaius, but that's already worn off.

I have no reason to support either finalist, so I'll just join Team Ike for the victory feathers and more or less just sleep through the round. I could really use some more sleep.

35 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Pretty sure we would have had some match-ups of Chrom vs Ephraim caliber if the multiplier wasn't a thing.

This requires the two sides to be within about 2% of each other in size, which is extremely difficult to pull off except by sheer accident.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, she's much more tasteful, by comparison, but it's still there. I just have to come to terms with the fact my favorite lacks that fanservice. Oh well, she did really well for not being overtly sexualized.

Yeah, she seems a lot more...clingy too. As for the assist trophy, it may be minor, but it certainly got the ball rolling since I honestly doubt as many people played Blazing Blade as either Awakening or Fates. Plus a lot of people (myself included) probably didn't know who to vote for, so they were going to just vote for people they recognized and an assist is more recognizable than some minor trophy (I did ditch that plan after the midterms and I got my hopes up that Lucina could rally). I was planning to vote for Marth, Ike, and Lyn, but never got around to it.

That goes for Lucina too though, even more so she literal waifu material. You yourself decide whether it makes her bad character, but then you should apply same rules on everyone else as well.

Also everyone and their grandfathers (especially their grandfathers) played FE7, simply because it's easiest accessible game of franchise.

43 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

All I'm asking the at end of the day is to have a match like Chrom VS Emphraim 1 LAST TIME!!!!! I know this is possible because Beruka & Tsubaki had one.

This, this Gauntlet was supposed to have that match up or at the very very very least finally deciding on who's really the most popular character in a match BUT THEY COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT!!!!!! & According to @Ice Dragon THIS WILL NEVER OCCUR AGAIN!!!

God, typing in bolded cap-locks, what am I, 12?

Yeah, it makes sound like you are screaming. At least not every thing is caps.

Anyway, rigging every match to be like Chrom vs Ephraim is not the same as having a match naturally be like Chrom vs Ephraim. Matches like that should be rare anyway.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I absolutely love using your Soren! Keeps reminding me that I need to build my own Soren. I've got a +ATK one...but I am hoping for a +SPD one eventually. But I love my Amelia. 51 ATK And 41 SPD with Moonbow ready on her first strike. Hopefully she slices through the competition. 

My Soren is +Atk for what it's worth, and the with the build I'm currently using he can ORKO all vanilla units when he has his special up and hone attack boost(40k feathers is nothing to sneeze at though). At this point I'm not sure which I would merg into if I ever pull a +Spd Soren. Man I hope I actually get to use her. I love me some first strike specials!

16 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

"You'll be my master strategist, and I'll be your peerless warrior!" - Lyn

Really, I suppose we should have expected this loss from someone who thinks that a lone swordswoman needs a strategist.

(Seriously, I've never been able to figure out what Lyn was going for there.  She's setting out to try to be the greatest sword master, which will probably mostly involve fighting duels.  What exactly does she think the avatar's going to be able to contribute, in terms of strategy?  "Be faster than your opponent!"  "Try to die less!")

Well if strategy didn't matter for duels, Musashi wouldn't be thing...

Plus Sacaeans  outside  of their plains usually make living as mercenary, and knowing which side pick is pretty valuable skill.

Edited by Tenzen12

5 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well if strategy didn't matter for duels, Musashi wouldn't be thing...

Musashi: Time to win the title of best swordsman with my strength and skill.

FE7 Tactician: But wouldn't it be funny if you showed up late on purpose?

Musashi: Hah, Kojiro will be pissed. Let's do it!

Edited by NekoKnight

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Uh oh, looks like someone on my friends list is having a Gauntlet crisis. 

Bros before hos. Yeah right. This is the real world.

Reading this thread stings when you genuinely like Camilla.

@Tactician_Iris I've never seen that before! She's stunning<3

I have no shame in admitting that I want Camilla to beat Ike. Revenge for my boy, and the fact that I don't like Ike.

Add me if you want, I have no friends. Kiran - 7048770922

And Camilla won...wow. Welp I lost on team Hector because everyone likes Ike. Anyways I got a Fury 3 +Spd/-Def Nino for anyone on team Ike that wants her I can switch it out to other units too like Camus, Xander, Sanaki, B!Cordelia..etc. ID: 4089563989

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, it makes sound like you are screaming. At least not every thing is caps.

Anyway, rigging every match to be like Chrom vs Ephraim is not the same as having a match naturally be like Chrom vs Ephraim. Matches like that should be rare anyway.

But I'm not asking it to be rigged, I'm asking why it can't happen again since we know it possible since Beruka & Tsubaki's match proves this. & according to @Ice Dragon this is no longer possible because of the multiplier.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

But I'm not asking it to be rigged, I'm asking why it can't happen again since we know it possible since Beruka & Tsubaki's match proves this. & according to @Ice Dragon this is no longer possible because of the multiplier.

"Extremely unlikely" is the correct wording.

The requirements for this to happen are that the two teams be within ~2% of each other in size (which was the old requirement before the multiplier mechanic was added) in addition to one of the following (due to the existence of the multiplier mechanic):

• The yo-yo never happens. This requires the scores to remain between 10% of each other the entire time (the first few hours being the most crucial).
  • The yo-yo ends with both scores within ~2% of each other.

14 minutes ago, Lau said:

Reading this thread stings when you genuinely like Camilla.

@Tactician_Iris I've never seen that before! She's stunning<3

I have no shame in admitting that I want Camilla to beat Ike. Revenge for my boy, and the fact that I don't like Ike.

Add me if you want, I have no friends. Kiran - 7048770922

Then don't be, it sucks that people tend over react over the small things but you shouldn't be ashamed on things you enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I got to the pick your team screen and ended up just staring at it. Apparently, I really just don't care enough about the finals to see this Voting Gauntlet through.

I mean, yeah. Who cares at this point.

These aren't unlikable characters but one side you have a character that's should win therefore it'll be predictable & droll doing so while other side you have character who should lose but should she wins, you'll have an outrage.

Really at best the only thing people want now is to Camilla to lose because that's what should happen while the Lyn's supporter will be bitter about how they got blindsided in this entire thing because of a faulty mechanic.

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

But I'm not asking it to be rigged, I'm asking why it can't happen again since we know it possible since Beruka & Tsubaki's match proves this.

Just because it is possible does not mean it commonly happens. If you want to force it to happen without rigging it, you will need a lot of information on how fans prioritize their favorite characters so that you can set up the matches properly. Setting up the matches to intentionally produce close results is still technically rigging the match, but at least it is not as obvious as giving the losing team a multiplier. I do not think Intelligent Systems have that kind of information, so they are taking the easy way out and resorting to rigging the match through multipliers.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I mean, yeah. Who cares at this point.

These aren't unlikable characters but one side you have a character that's should win therefore it'll be predictable & droll doing so while other side you have character who should lose but should she wins, you'll have an outrage.

Really at best the only thing people want now is to Camilla to lose because that's what should happen while the Lyn's supporter will be bitter about how they got blindsided in this entire thing because of a faulty mechanic.

I bear no ill will against either Ike or Camilla, but I literally have zero reason to care about the finals. It's going to be a curb stomp. This Voting Gauntlet had the potential to actually have another interesting finals, but instead we get another curb stomp. If it had been Ike v. Lyn, I wouldn't have cared who won or how, but I would have cared to actually participate.

Hector should have also beaten Ike so that the finals would have still been interesting. Though, then I'd actually be in a dilemma of who to support between Hector and Camilla.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Extremely unlikely" is the correct wording.

The requirements for this to happen are that the two teams be within ~2% of each other in size (which was the old requirement before the multiplier mechanic was added) in addition to one of the following (due to the existence of the multiplier mechanic):

• The yo-yo never happens. This requires the scores to remain between 10% of each other the entire time (the first few hours being the most crucial).
  • The yo-yo ends with both scores within ~2% of each other.

But then what do we call matches like Chrom & Hector then? Any intensity regarding those kind of matches just seems artificial & what you just said (as difficult as it is to understand for someone as dumb as me) sounds wwwaaaaayyyyy unlikely to happen. I mean, c'mon there's gotta be conditions fills out? As far I can remember Chrom & Emphraim had an awesome match because of their popularity & isn't that whole purpose of a mode called "Voting Gauntlet". The novelty of the concept has long worn off by this point. & maybe for the best too.

What a fucking waste of time.

I was looking forward to Ike vs Lyn, but thanks to the pointless multipliers, it's all gone tits up. Now I'm joining Camilla's team because she's gonna be in constant multiplier and I have many flags to burn. I don't give a fuck about the actual results any more.