March's Legendary Hero (DATAMINE/SPOILER)

Anacybele

4 hours ago, Cornguy said:

Neither are any of the alts in the game. That's honestly been one of my biggest complaints about avatar characters. Robin's default appearance should have been the cloaked version, so when you play Smash, Warriors or Heroes, you can actually picture your avatar underneath. Not sure what you do about Corrin, but I feel they may have thought about the idea with Robin and just dropped it entirely with Corrin.

But even without using cloaked Robin, this game should be the perfect excuse to use some random alt versions. Warriors as well with their alt costumes can and should at least use some different hair options on costumes. 

What is actually the point of making a character an avatar if you're just going to turn them into an established character anyway? Why insinuate that the player even has any influence over this character at all?

I would imagine far more people would be upset than pleased at having Robin constantly cloaked in an attempt to keep their appearance vague, and having a whole bunch of different looking Robins/Corrins just because their games offer character customisation will confuse the hell out of things. For those whose first Fire Emblem game is Heroes, they'd have no idea what the hell is going on. It's accepted at this point that their default appearances are their official appearances, and I've never seen any complaints about it, either. So I see no issue with them using those appearances in a game where you aren't Robin. Smash even alleviates this a little bit anyway, with the different colour palates, which I would say is the maximum extent to which it should go. If you were to be have alts with the different ages, why not change their names, or their voices in the pursuit of imagining it's your Awakening avatar?

This game isn't Awakening, at the end of the day. This isn't your avatar character. This is Robin as their own character. No one is insinuating that the player has any influence over Robin in Heroes, because the player isn't Robin. You could argue that being able to summon heroes from different worlds is the perfect excuse for different looking Robins, but it really would just make things more trouble than it needs to be. What about the people who don't like the younger avatars, or the older ones. Having the default one appearance keeps things simple, and appeals to the vast majority. With Corrin they didn't need to do anything, either, since there's literally official art of them. Before the game even came out we knew what Corrin canonically looked like. Just because a character might be the player character/avatar, it doesn't mean that officially/canonically their appearance must also be vague and unconfirmed.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

Have there? Which ones?

Well I don't really know, it's just something I've heard of somewhere. Which is what I specified. This wasn't me writing a thesis. Anyway, while it's not very likely that this will ever be implemented, I think there are ways to make it profitable.

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/977047287376461825

If the shadowed figure is our legendary, a dragon unit doesn't seem as likely (looks to be a tome present). 

Edit: Sorry, not sure how to incorporate link windows.

Edited by OmNomNom

3 minutes ago, OmNomNom said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but:

If the shadowed figure is our legendary, a dragon unit doesn't seem as likely (looks to be a tome present).

it's delthea. someone mentioned that reinhardt got the same treatment the last set

@Frenzify Why make Robin an avatar at all if you have a predetermined look and personality then? Just let my avatar be a blank slate, unimportant to the story, don't give any illusion to the idea that I have any control over Robin at all, because clearly I don't. 

Also, I doubt people would've been upset to see Robin in their hood in Smash, a lot of people thought if Robin made it in that they'd be wearing a cloak, purely for sake of Robin being an avatar.

But even putting aside what I said, you have tons of different hair styles and colors to choose from, in a game full of characters wearing alternate costumes. Changing their name would obviously be confusing, but it shouldn't be unreasonable to give them a different look once in a while. I just don't think avatar styled characters should have a "default" look, otherwise they aren't an avatar.

1 hour ago, Cornguy said:

@Frenzify Why make Robin an avatar at all if you have a predetermined look and personality then? Just let my avatar be a blank slate, unimportant to the story, don't give any illusion to the idea that I have any control over Robin at all, because clearly I don't. 

Also, I doubt people would've been upset to see Robin in their hood in Smash, a lot of people thought if Robin made it in that they'd be wearing a cloak, purely for sake of Robin being an avatar.

But even putting aside what I said, you have tons of different hair styles and colors to choose from, in a game full of characters wearing alternate costumes. Changing their name would obviously be confusing, but it shouldn't be unreasonable to give them a different look once in a while. I just don't think avatar styled characters should have a "default" look, otherwise they aren't an avatar.

The deal with Robin is just the same as with the older FF games. Yes, you can customize their appearance (which you couldn't in FF), you can change their name, and you are given choices to make in the story that later reflect how the other characters treated you. Say, for instance, you started up a new file of FF8 and choose to name Squall "Mike" instead. You also take it a step further and hack the game so his hair is a different color just so it can be /your/ character. It doesn't change the fact that "Mike" is still "Squall". IS went with the defaults on Robin because otherwise we would ONLY receive M!Robin in a hood. Also, with S!Sharena, there's now a CHANCE they might decide to incorporate the other hairstyles for special/seasonal Robins/Corrins, but don't expect them to roll through the color wheel. 

And I, for one, actually preferred their default look unless I was trying for a specific look on a gen 2.

If it’s true, kind of an odd choice for a Water oriented hero. Especially since this will be a colorless dragonstone user. The only time Robin has ever been connected to dragons is with Grima, and Grima has 0 connections to water. So clearly they are taking some pretty big liberties if this is true.

I figured it would be Female Corrin, considering she uses dragonstones in her own game, and is associated with the water.

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

If it’s true, kind of an odd choice for a Water oriented hero. Especially since this will be a colorless dragonstone user. The only time Robin has ever been connected to dragons is with Grima, and Grima has 0 connections to water. So clearly they are taking some pretty big liberties if this is true.

I figured it would be Female Corrin, considering she uses dragonstones in her own game, and is associated with the water.

I believe so too. I mean, it's entirely possible that even if female Robin is this month's legendary - something that isn't 100% confirmed - she won't be a dragon. Or did they confirm that the colorless dragon would come this month?

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

yeah where the heck is Batman and why is he so late to the party!?!?

Late? No, no not at all. He actually arrived with an entire tempest. He just forgot his car and decided to ride a Dragon.

Why would they hide an already established character in the game though? That just seems pointless to me.

Also, those making Batman jokes, take it to FFtF.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

I believe so too. I mean, it's entirely possible that even if female Robin is this month's legendary - something that isn't 100% confirmed - she won't be a dragon. Or did they confirm that the colorless dragon would come this month?

They did never confirm that the colorless dragon would be this month, only soon. The current guess is the Leg Banner, but that could be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would they hide an already established character in the game though? That just seems pointless to me.

Also, those making Batman jokes, take it to FFtF.

What do you mean by already established? 

1 minute ago, OmNomNom said:

They did not. As far as I remember, the patch notes said a colorless dragon was planned, not that it was coming soon. I'll have to recheck when I get a moment 

Since they added the colorless breath icon already though, it's fair to assume that it's coming soon, otherwise what was the point of adding that icon at this point?

And I mean a character that's already in the game and people know about them, what else? No need to hide it when we know said character exists.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Since they added the colorless breath icon already though, it's fair to assume that it's coming soon, otherwise what was the point of adding that icon at this point?

And I mean a character that's already in the game and people know about them, what else? No need to hide it when we know said character exists.

Sure, but might not be the Leg Banner. Could be in an upcoming TT, could be next month’s Leg Banner. Could also be this upcoming Leg Banner. Lot of options that could fit under soon. 

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

They did never confirm that the colorless dragon would be this month, only soon. The current guess is the Leg Banner, but that could be wrong. 

Yeah that's what I assumed as well. And if it's a new Water Hero, then Corrin would make the most sense. Of course, we don't know if they'll repeat the pattern of Water - Wind - Earth - Fire. 

Anyway, dragon Robin would be cool, but I'll still guess it's reserved for Corrin for now. Guess we'll find out in a few days. If only I weren't such an impatient man.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yeah that's what I assumed as well. And if it's a new Water Hero, then Corrin would make the most sense. Of course, we don't know if they'll repeat the pattern of Water - Wind - Earth - Fire. 

Anyway, dragon Robin would be cool, but I'll still guess it's reserved for Corrin for now. Guess we'll find out in a few days. If only I weren't such an impatient man.

Lol, waiting is the worst part on these things. I’m just glad I’ve been able to save my orbs over the past month, and looking to do the same with the next. On the fast track to 400 orbs at this point. Female Robin just means I can save a bit more.

I just hope Marth gets his turn as a Legendary Hero sometime soon. I’m thinking around CYL 2.

Edited by Tolvir

20 minutes ago, Thane said:

They didn't confirm that it'd be this month, but it seems like this month's legendary will be colorless (which would be odd for Robin regardless) based on Fjorm, Ike, and Gunnthra all being set to be on the banner. Which in turn suggests next month's legendary won't be colorless, and it'd be even stranger for them to set up the colorless dragon this early if it was planned for further in the future than that.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

They didn't confirm that it'd be this month, but it seems like this month's legendary will be colorless (which would be odd for Robin regardless) based on Fjorm, Ike, and Gunnthra all being set to be on the banner. Which in turn suggests next month's legendary won't be colorless, and it'd be even stranger for them to set up the colorless dragon this early if it was planned for further in the future than that.

Good point. Still an odd choice nonetheless. 

Wonder if maybe they are taking some liberties and saying this Robin has more connection to Naga or something along those lines? 

51 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Sure, but might not be the Leg Banner. Could be in an upcoming TT, could be next month’s Leg Banner. Could also be this upcoming Leg Banner. Lot of options that could fit under soon. 

Yeah, that's fair.

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Hell, I still think it's questionable if Priam actually is canon or not.

I really don't think it matters or hinders the possibility of him being included in Heroes in the slightest. Plus Heroes is a world in which all realities co-exist which means there aren't single canon paths. In Heroes, some Archanea Saga exists in which Tiki dies and Nagi replaces her offering Marth another Falchion. In Heroes, Fallen Takumi exists, which means that all Fates paths are canon. 

Popularity and the ability to draw money is really the one variable to consider.

17 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I really don't think it matters or hinders the possibility of him being included in Heroes in the slightest. Plus Heroes is a world in which all realities co-exist which means there aren't single canon paths. In Heroes, some Archanea Saga exists in which Tiki dies and Nagi replaces her offering Marth another Falchion. In Heroes, Fallen Takumi exists, which means that all Fates paths are canon. 

Popularity and the ability to draw money is really the one variable to consider.

also literally they just released content where we met a shareena & alfonse who went to the spring fair

everything's fair game!

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The notification for the Ike Legendary Heroes banner in January explicitly states Fjorm will be back in March. Besides, having three legendary blue heroes out of five total would be kinda silly.

Like having some of the best weapons in the game be seasonal weapons?
That's pretty silly...
W!Tharja being an armored unit.... sounds silly to me

21 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Like having some of the best weapons in the game be seasonal weapons?
That's pretty silly...
W!Tharja being an armored unit.... sounds silly to me

You're comparing different kinds of "silly". Making seasonal banners desirable helps make Heroes profitable, making high-profile legendary heroes overly repetitive does not.