Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Thanks for the answers, it helped clear some things up. I'm still curious about Duma's line about "not disturbing their slumber." Did he just not want to use the word "die" or "death", or did he not truly know whether or not he and Mila would fully be dead, and didn't jump the gun? Or did he think that someone might try to contact them from beyond the grave, and decided to warn them not to bother? Or am I overthinking this and it's there just to sound poetic?

I forgot to speak about this but I also thought of this and came to the conclusion: revival magic exists in Valentia. Duma and Mila might be too powerful to bring back via the power of revival shrines, and it would only be temporary because they would degenerate again. Necromancy could do it more easily but then they'd come back wrong from the start. Either way, he's saying "don't do it."

Also I'm with everyone else: the Valentian Gradivus being the real deal is a huge twist. I guess that means Camus's boss drop is non-canon and exists by Rule of Fun?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Also I'm with everyone else: the Valentian Gradivus being the real deal is a huge twist. I guess that means Camus's boss drop is non-canon and exists by Rule of Fun?

It doesn't explicitly say Camus was found with Gradivus. It could have happened like this:

Hardin: "La la la la la! Gradivus! Gradivus! Lalalala! Nyna should love me now!"

*Gradivus slips from his cheery hands and goes flying into the ocean*

Hardin: "Noooooooo!"

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It doesn't explicitly say Camus was found with Gradivus. It could have happened like this:

Hardin: "La la la la la! Gradivus! Gradivus! Lalalala! Nyna should love me now!"

*Gradivus slips from his cheery hands and goes flying into the ocean*

Hardin: "Noooooooo!"

Way to make the tragic character end up looking comical.

I would expect this from a spoof manga.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Way to make the tragic character end up looking comical.

I would expect this from a spoof manga.

What, I can't joke a little? Hardin is a tragedy, though I didn't intend for him to Darksphere his soul away just because he lost Gradivus. And there are worse unfunny jokes made repeatedly about the tragedy of Sigurd's army. And of course Emmeryn jokes that fall flat, and Flora is a hot mess in the joke department as well.

Admittedly, I could have used any character in the game for that butterfingers moment. Maybe it was Est- it slips from her hands, she goes to look for it the dutiful girl she is, and she in her search gets taken by bandits.

All I meant was Gradivus could have been obtained, and then suddenly lost.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All I meant was Gradivus could have been obtained, and then suddenly lost.

This is actually what a lot of people thought happened to Falchion. Marth had it in FE1/11, then somehow Duma stole it for FE2, and then suddenly Falchion was taken back for FE3. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'll add that this "snow in warm places thing" smells like somebody wanted to reference the Ending Winter to me. Massive change in draconic power in world induces snow where snow shouldn't be. Not saying the events are the same event, they obviously aren't, only that the SoV writers might have drawn inspiration from it.

Well, when you consider the director's interest in a BB remake.....

Also, I just can't buy the Gradivus thing. It has to come with Zeke, then end up Hardin's hands before Chapter 8 of MotE. And that's not even accounting for it getting to Valentia, where it then has to be retrieved from Duma's Temple after being in Zeke's hand originally.

Though him taking Conrad's mask is hilarious. Conrad must have asked "Are you Sirius?"

Which Zeke then took and ran with.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, when you consider the director's interest in a BB remake.....

Also, I just can't buy the Gradivus thing. It has to come with Zeke, then end up Hardin's hands before Chapter 8 of MotE. And that's not even accounting for it getting to Valentia, where it then has to be retrieved from Duma's Temple after being in Zeke's hand originally.

Though him taking Conrad's mask is hilarious. Conrad must have asked "Are you Sirius?"

Which Zeke then took and ran with.

It comes with the pegasus sisters. All we know is they line up roughly within the year but we don't know specific dates and the scaling of the timeline is already pretty vague. They probably brought it back before Hardin properly went into action, or at least before chapter 8

This is mindblowingly amazing you guys, once again thanks for your dedicated & hard work.

I can't have enough of Hidari's artwork. Eyecandy wherever you look at. This actually happened, right ?

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but this proves also that Marth might be Seliph's descendant. The Accordion says that only those with Divine Dragon blood can truly use the power of Falchion. 

Sigurd is believed to be the ancestor that Tiki says resembles Chrom. And Seliph has Naga's Holy Blood in him, albeit Minor. So Marth would be a descendant of not just Anri, but of Seliph.

Edited by omegaxis1

1 hour ago, r_n said:

It comes with the pegasus sisters. All we know is they line up roughly within the year but we don't know specific dates and the scaling of the timeline is already pretty vague. They probably brought it back before Hardin properly went into action, or at least before chapter 8

Well, I forgot that typing the comment.

Stupid me. Likely has to be in his hands before the first chapter though, due to the placement of the whitewings before the game proper.

40 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but this proves also that Marth might be Seliph's descendant. The Accordion says that only those with Divine Dragon blood can truly use the power of Falchion. 

Sigurd is believed to be the ancestor that Tiki says resembles Chrom. And Seliph has Naga's Holy Blood in him, albeit Minor. So Marth would be a descendant of not just Anri, but of Seliph.

It also explains why some members of the Altea/Ylisse royal family can't use Falchion. Because they only have Minor Blood. Whereas Marth, the First Exalt, Chrom and Lucina (and her sibling apparently) all have Major Blood.

New profile! While I work on the requests, I put together Sonya and Deen's translations from guest translators! Deen has an added backstory for those who may not have read it on tumblr already.

bfGcgVL.png

Edited by Kirokan

There's a slight error in Sonya's profile; both Marla and Hestia are older than her. Marla is the oldest, Hestia is the middle one, and Sonya is the youngest.

The translation here says Marla is the youngest one, is this an error in the Japanese profile? (the original FE2 says Sonya is the youngest but doesn't specify which or Marla and Hestia are the middle/oldest; the ingame help descriptions for Marla and Hestia in SoV do though)

(Edited because I originally had the ages of Marla and Hestia switched hehe)

Edited by L95

I'll double check the translation, as I was skimming it and it looked fine for the most part. I do see where the error occurred now though, so it shall be fixed.

EDIT: All fixed! I can see how they got confused by the way the line is written. But it was not an error in the original Japanese. All images updated to show it. Thanks!

Edited by Kirokan

Sonya's backstory is wonderful. Her sisters gave their lives to defend her and she has sought their revenge and salvation ever since.

Deen is not as good, but still certainly better than nothing and by no means bad. I like the Brave Sword he uses having some backstory to it, makes you regret prying it from his cold dead hands a bit.

What is meant by "...he found his wife, whose form had completely changed. To kill his beloved fiancee and enact revenge..."? It sounds like something happened to her, but what exactly? My hunch was she became a Terror, but that can't be insofar as we know, so I guess somebody turned her into a Witch? Or maybe she was in terminal agony and he killed her to end it? It does not say who the assailant was, but if she became a Witch, maybe the Duma Faithful?

Overall, better than what we know of Navarre, the original FE edgelord, but still not as good as Zihark if you ask me. Better than Rutger? I need to reexamine him, and Galzus (not that we have much for him).

Their food interests- does everyone playable have those on their profile b/c Provisions? *Checks SF's Preferences page*, yup S&D match up with what it says there.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sonya's backstory is wonderful. Her sisters gave their lives to defend her and she has sought their revenge and salvation ever since.

Deen is not as good, but still certainly better than nothing and by no means bad. I like the Brave Sword he uses having some backstory to it, makes you regret prying it from his cold dead hands a bit.

What is meant by "...he found his wife, whose form had completely changed. To kill his beloved fiancee and enact revenge..."? It sounds like something happened to her, but what exactly? My hunch was she became a Terror, but that can't be insofar as we know, so I guess somebody turned her into a Witch? Or maybe she was in terminal agony and he killed her to end it? It does not say who the assailant was, but if she became a Witch, maybe the Duma Faithful?

Overall, better than what we know of Navarre, the original FE edgelord, but still not as good as Zihark if you ask me. Better than Rutger? I need to reexamine him, and Galzus (not that we have much for him).

Their food interests- does everyone playable have those on their profile b/c Provisions? *Checks SF's Preferences page*, yup S&D match up with what it says there.

Yeah she probably got Rinea'd into a witch. Or a vestal, more specifically. 

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It also explains why some members of the Altea/Ylisse royal family can't use Falchion. Because they only have Minor Blood. Whereas Marth, the First Exalt, Chrom and Lucina (and her sibling apparently) all have Major Blood.

Something tells me that when we get the remake of Archanea series, they're gonna show that Marth has the Brand. Brands are all the rage these days. XD

Oh, and maybe Aura and Excalibur will get more legends told about it, since they are advanced magic.

Also, the case of Minor Blood is subjective now. Lissa doesn't have a Brand, but her son does. Not to mention that based on how things have been said, the Brand of the Exalt has become a Ylissean mark of royalty now and it serves as proof if anything. So this would imply that every generation after the Exalt has the Brand. 

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe she turned into a gargoyle? Also, Deen's backstory that we hear here but he never mentions it is arguably the most realistic thing. It's not something that anyone would ever talk about. But who was it that transformed his fiancée? We never know.

Speaking of Navarre, I like the backstory the manga gave, where he was an orphan that lived in a church. But when that church was attacked by bandits and the priest that cared for Navarre died, Navarre lost it and went on a slaughter spree on them all. And this was when he was a kid. Though Warriors claim that Navarre's actually forgotten his past.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Something tells me that when we get the remake of Archanea series, they're gonna show that Marth has the Brand. Brands are all the rage these days. XD

Wouldn't doubt it. Brands seem to be Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral's thing. Tellius has it too but it's handled differently there.

Also, regarding Marth's ancestor, while i definitely agree that it's Seliph, i think the person Tiki was referring to when she compared him to Chrom was actually Sigurd. Chrom's personality is closer to that of Sigurd's than Seliph. And of course, if Seliph is Marth and Chrom's ancestor, then so is Sigurd. And all of that would still allow the bloodline to wield Falchion. Falchion likely requires Major Naga Blood. Seliph has Naga Blood but he got the short end of the stick, but since Holy Blood can't ever decided what it wants to be, it wouldn't surprise me if his descendants had Major Naga Blood. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wouldn't doubt it. Brands seem to be Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral's thing. Tellius has it too but it's handled differently there.

Also, regarding Marth's ancestor, while i definitely agree that it's Seliph, i think the person Tiki was referring to when she compared him to Chrom was actually Sigurd. Chrom's personality is closer to that of Sigurd's than Seliph. And of course, if Seliph is Marth and Chrom's ancestor, then so is Sigurd. And all of that would still allow the bloodline to wield Falchion. Falchion likely requires Major Naga Blood. Seliph has Naga Blood but he got the short end of the stick, but since Holy Blood can't ever decided what it wants to be, it wouldn't surprise me if his descendants had Major Naga Blood. 

Mhm. Makes sense, though they seem to be altering some of the lore of how Brands work now. 

When I said Seliph, obviously by extension this means Sigurd as well. I figured that would go without saying. 

Going by how Genealogy worked, what you said doesn't work with Marth getting Major Naga Blood. This is because Major Blood can only be potentially inherited if one parent has Major Holy Blood, or both parents have Minor Holy Blood. That's why Julia inherited Major Naga Blood, because her mother Deirdre had Major Naga Blood, while Julius inherited Major Loptyr Blood, because both Deirdre and Arvis had Minor Loptyr Blood. 

So for Marth to have Major Naga Blood, his family line had to have Major Bloodline connections. Either Seliph's descendant that had Minor Naga Blood got with another Minor Naga Blood. Or this could also mean that Julia's descendant got it through. However, Julia is not Sigurd's child, so she likely isn't. Unless her and Seliph getting together is canon. You know Genealogy loves its incest.

Oh, this is all very interesting. It's great to be able to read up stuff like this.

21 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh, and maybe Aura and Excalibur will get more legends told about it, since they are advanced magic.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, if he ever does get given a brand, chances are it won't exactly be Naga's. Considering it was Gotoh the one who binded Falchion to Anri's bloodline (Naga wasn't involved until she repeated the process with the First Exalt). Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if stuff is changed to handwave that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, this is all very interesting. It's great to be able to read up stuff like this.

You know, if he ever does get given a brand, chances are it won't exactly be Naga's. Considering it was Gotoh the one who binded Falchion to Anri's bloodline. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if stuff is changed to handwave that.

I'm gonna bet that it will be. God of the world of Archanea and you expect the first protag to NOT have relations to said god?

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So for Marth to have Major Naga Blood, his family line had to have Major Bloodline connections. Either Seliph's descendant that had Minor Naga Blood got with another Minor Naga Blood. Or this could also mean that Julia's descendant got it through. However, Julia is not Sigurd's child, so she likely isn't. Unless her and Seliph getting together is canon. You know Genealogy loves its incest.

I mean, it's possible that Julia's descendants just got really lucky and they kept inheriting the Major Naga Blood. And then eventually (give or take 200-300 years), Seliph and Julia's descendants unify the bloodline and then the luck continues with every descendant after that still inheriting the Major Naga Blood. And it's not incest anymore because Seliph and Julia's bloodlines would have differentiated themselves enough.

And then eventually, what i think happened during the first Awakening is that Naga strengthend the Holy Blood that flowed within the First Exalt, and so him and his descendants had guaranteed Holy Blood.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean, it's possible that Julia's descendants just got really lucky and they kept inheriting the Major Naga Blood. And then eventually (give or take 200-300 years), Seliph and Julia's descendants unify the bloodline and then the luck continues with every descendant after that still inheriting the Major Naga Blood. And it's not incest anymore because Seliph and Julia's bloodlines would have differentiated themselves enough.

And then eventually, what i think happened during the first Awakening is that Naga strengthend the Holy Blood that flowed within the First Exalt, and so him and his descendants had guaranteed Holy Blood.

Possible. But like I said, it's likely that they are going to alter MUCH of the lore. 

I have a feeling that a Genealogy of the Holy War is gonna get a remake sooner or later and alter MANY lores that are established to fit their new canon.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, if he ever does get given a brand, chances are it won't exactly be Naga's. Considering it was Gotoh the one who binded Falchion to Anri's bloodline. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if stuff is changed to handwave that.

I was looking for the line that said Gotoh gave Anri the Falchion, but for some reason I couldn't find it.

Although Gotoh is a Divine Dragon, being Major Gotoh-Blooded sounds a little bizarre. So lets just pretend Gotoh had a few vials of Naga Blood with him, which he in a noninvasive manner via magic infused into Anri.

I just hope this never somehow alters Tellius and gives Ike Major Ashunera Blood.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

have a feeling that a Genealogy of the Holy War is gonna get a remake sooner or later and alter MANY lores that are established to fit their new canon.

Of course they will, and we will have to keep reminding people that these things aren't what was originally intended.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i think the person Tiki was referring to when she compared him to Chrom was actually Sigurd. Chrom's personality is closer to that of Sigurd's than Seliph

Sigurd visiting Tiki? What chance could he have gotten to do that? It can't be during FE4 unless he secretly survived Valflame. Did he  get on a boat that went radically off course one day and then stumbled into Tiki before returning home?

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm gonna bet that it will be. God of the world of Archanea and you expect the first protag to NOT have relations to said god?

Well, there's already the fact he uses the Falchion. And there's always confirming that Marth's ancestors do include the likes of Seliph, does revelaing they do carry Naga's blood, if remmanent after countless generations. I mean, they kinda pulled it already with the other Falchion. It came from Naga, but she's not the one who placed the blood-bind that it now carries, does it?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was looking for the line that said Gotoh gave Anri the Falchion, but for some reason I couldn't find it.

Although Gotoh is a Divine Dragon, being Major Gotoh-Blooded sounds a little bizarre. So lets just pretend Gotoh had a few vials of Naga Blood with him, which he in a noninvasive manner via magic infused into Anri.

I think it's stated in the supplemental material. It also sates he's the one who blood-binded the Aura and Excalibur tomes as well. Well, at least Aura. Come to think of it, now it makes me wonder what's the exact deal with Excalibur and Merric. I don't think it was stated Wendell used it to say there's no blood-bind there... unless they are related... who knows...