• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Same kind the Scots wear under their kilts.

Why isn't one of my canine teeth coming in? I got it pulled back in August, and it (or the other canine, and the molars behind them) hasn't come in yet.

Curse my genetics, making me still lose teeth despite me being at the age where most people wear braces.

Perhaps some skin has grown over them? I know that that happened to my wisdom teeth.

Why am I remembering why my friend and I spent over an hour on the level with three wolves the first time we played Lugaru?

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

Perhaps some skin has grown over them? I know that that happened to my wisdom teeth.

(Not really conributing to the game, but)

Technically, three of the teeth I mentioned are already poking through, it's just that one canine.

It doesn't help that they're on my upper jaw, making my lack of teeth obvious when I open my mouth, or that I have a slight tooth gap, but that's more of a confidence issue.

15 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

(Not really conributing to the game, but)

Technically, three of the teeth I mentioned are already poking through, it's just that one canine.

It doesn't help that they're on my upper jaw, making my lack of teeth obvious when I open my mouth, or that I have a slight tooth gap, but that's more of a confidence issue.

I see. And don't worry about making interludes. As long as they aren't derailing the thread, they should be okay. I've made several before, mostly due to how slow I type as well as how easily I get ninja'd.

And to answer my question (because I am so far the only person on SF to mention the game):

17 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Why am I remembering why my friend and I spent over an hour on the level with three wolves the first time we played Lugaru?

Because wolves claws are technically three daggers, meaning bleeding damage is inevitable if you get hit. They can survive getting a knife thrown into their chest, they can take a lot of blunt attacks before they go down. They're stronger than normal rabbits, and if you get unlucky, getting hit by an attack may as well be a one-hit kill. Oh yeah, and the only weapon you get for the level is a puny dagger. A staff would have made things a heck of a lot easier. And they stop falling for the "jump and spin in mid-air, and then leg cannon them while they're confused" trick after a while.

Where's my medal for "most ninja attacks survived"?

"Sesquipedalian" means "a word a foot and a half long".

"Monstrum" means "monster".

"Hippopotamus" refers to the animal, and is just there to make the word appear longer.

It should be noted that the formal and less exaggerated word for "fear of long words" is sesquipedalophobia.

Speaking of Shaggy, why in the world is there a petition to get him into Mortal Kombat 11?

Yes. He might also be the only kazoo "god".

How did "cooties" go from being a nickname for body lice during World War 1 to something fictitious that the other gender has?