We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

Something about the ISO's bothers me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Bart's claim makes me slightly wary (in combination with other claims), and I feel it is leaning with more scum benefit than town-side. However, he made the correct choice earlier on to claim his role in telling people NOT to target him, so he's acted in accordance to what his role claims to be.

However, Athena's ISO... feels too long for not garnering much from it. The interactions towards Zeus seem fluffy at best, and the responsiveness doesn't feel right to me. The claim is null at best- manipulation of an OC means isn't farfetched to have on scum-side, and seems a bit quirky in terms of not knowing who the two people will be getting attached to? So you open up comms for one person, and the other party is determined by another player's choice in this game? (If I read the role claim right.) 

Having a gut vibe that Athena is more liable to flipping scum, or both are actual scum and one's being bussed over the other in lieu of a more favorable survivor.

##Vote: Athena

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nightmare said:

You seem a little over-eager to push the Bartozio lynch, Snike. I know we'll need a lynch by the end of the day, but it's making me a bit uneasy.

There are literally 10 minutes and a no lynch D1 in a game this size is dumb. I've had suspicions on bartozio so at this point in time moving there is the better move. I'm enccouraging votes to prevent the d1 lynch.

This is bad.

Day 1.votes!
Bartozio (9): Jaybee, WeaponsofMassConstruction, BBM, Zkirsche, athena57, Nightmare, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Fable, Fenrir
athena_57 (4): , Shinori, eclipse, Eurykins
Magnificence Incarnate (3): Walrein, vi-astra, Bartozio
Junk (2): Magnificence Incarnate, Refa
zeus_112 (2): Bibbon, Fable
Zkirsche (1): Junk
Shinori (1): Elieson
Bibbon (1): zeus_112

Not Voting: Eärendil

You have ~7 minutes left in the day. With 22 alive, it takes 8 to lynch and 15 to hammer. Not reaching the minimum will result in a No Lynch!

Edited by Iris

Day 1.Final Vote Count
Bartozio (10): Jaybee, WeaponsofMassConstruction, BBM, Zkirsche, athena57, Nightmare, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Fable, Fenrir, Refa
athena_57 (4): , Shinori, eclipse, Eurykins
Magnificence Incarnate (3): Walrein, vi-astra, Bartozio
zeus_112 (2): Bibbon, Fable
Zkirsche (1): Junk
Junk (1): Magnificence Incarnate
Shinori (1): Elieson
Bibbon (1): zeus_112

Not Voting: Eärendil

Edited by Iris

"I Don't Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 and I Don't Need To Lynch The Mafia Either" proclaimed the townies after almost thirty pages of discussion, instead deciding to use the noose as a skipping rope. Also Bartozio ended up dying somehow. 

Bartozio was lynched (again)! He was...

On 09/04/2018 at 7:49 PM, Iris said:

Dear Bartozio,

You are Shinori, The Tower (XVI). You no longer prioritize video games over mafia and we are very grateful but you definitely yell a lot more than most players do. And probably more than is reasonable. You're generally pretty good at getting people to do what you want (to a certain extent) through sheer force of will though. We think it's pretty obvious when you're town and when you're just Scumnori and full of shit though, no ego.

You are very good at YELLING WHILE UNDER PRESSURE. If you YELL ENOUGH everyone who visits you will get REALLY ANGRY AFTERWARDS, meaning that during the following night phase, they will fail any night actions they attempt. Maybe they shouldn't have WASTED THEIR NIGHT ACTION ON YOU in the first place. 

In other words, you are the Reflexive Disabler.

You are a member of the UPRIGHT. You win when all threats to the UPRIGHT are eliminated.

MAYBE if he had YELLED MORE people would have SEEN SENSE and then he would STILL BE ALIVE. I think we can all agree that this was a huge tactical oversight on his part.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends in ~24 hours. Please send in your night actions and avoid posting in the game thread unless your role tells you otherwise.

Edited by SB.

someone made me a one-night insomniac. it only works for this night. I'm assuming it was someone who saw I was behind and wanted more from me in-thread and/or wanted to give me a shot at giving my complete thoughts post-catchup but either way that was very nice of you. will return with more stuff.

first off, Clarification On My Role.

I'm inclined to be vague still like a fucker, but it's true that my role involves figuring out everyone's characters. I thought maybe after the playerlist was thinner it would be easier narrowing everyone down, which is why I mentioned that ED1. really though I think I'm just gonna effort this as early as possible. I would appreciate people claiming their characters and not lying about them as it would make my job easier. I am a town role, my wincon is still to win with the town and not to guess everyone's names--this is just an extension of my role. my flavor is that my character loves & is good at guessing everyone's names in anonymous games.

I wish I had a list of the characters in the game, but I realize that is broken lmao. it would make my life so much easier though. but yeah, this should tell you that I don't have one. I only have peoples' (HOPEFULLY HONEST) claims in-thread, and hints from peoples' RP.

me wanting to know who got me ingame is me being conceited lol.

I was going to sm*ke some w**d but that was a nogo so I'm reading the thread now.

beginning to think nightmare is scum. that bart voteswitch was questionable because he could have just said it was to consolidate but the way he did it reads like self-conscious scum feeling like they have to make up an excuse for the vote. "hoping this is a scum lynch" is filler cuz everyone hopes the person they want to lynch is scum except scum and there's no need to really say it. 

You seem a little over-eager to push the Bartozio lynch, Snike. I know we'll need a lynch by the end of the day, but it's making me a bit uneasy.

other people thought this was bad but MAN this post. potshot at snike for the sake of it. town was at the verge of a NL so I don't know why nightmare if he wanted the bart lynch would be acting like the lynch actually happening is bad. like would nightmare have preferred a NL? does he think snike is scum for pushing a wagon that nightmare literally stated he preferred over the only other viable wagon?

sorry for not being here at phase end by the way. I wasn't home.

also reads like he's setting up snike after bart flips town so he can be like "see snike pushed a lynch and the lynch was town, that's scummy" without considering the situation surrounding the lynch and all that. he's vague enough with the word "uneasy" so he doesn't have to commit to it depending on what happened.

I had this assumption while skimming through the thread earlier that night's content wasn't sinking in because he was playing it safe, so to speak, and reading back I can't shake off the vibe now. he's hesitant to touch anything at all and when he does he's like, careful about it. I don't remember that much content from him all at once until he answered eury's questions and I'm trying to decide if this is scum feeling pressured to answer as thoroughly as possible to avoid heat. 

now although I disagree with eury's "only scum benefit from being uncooperative" (since that's not necessarily true, because it draws attention to them, which is what scum want to avoid, & she says this like town can't play badly/play in an antitown way which is also true)--and I'm including this only as a disclaimer really--I'm drawn to this response:

1. It makes sense when you put it that way. In general though, I feel like it could also be someone who's very unmotivated as well, in addition to the other things. Granted, it's more productive to think of it as a scum play than a newbtown, which is why I'm not entirely against a lynch or a vig on him.

he answers here why zeus's play is more likely to come off as unmotivated town than newbscum. waffles here and gives off that vibe again that he's playing it safe. (and hasn't this been discussed more than once before eury mentioned it again? why is nightmare just now considering thinking of it this way?)

would scum!nightmare be so obvious though about not having solid reads to talk about whatsoever? he talks a lot about being on the fence about most of his reads and brings up "now this could make this person scum but I'm not feeling it" more than once, a la satsuma and BBM. 
what's interesting on top of this is his vote on Junk seems mostly tripped on one post which contradicts how his reads have evolved so far this game.

I'm in a self-conflict though about the scum intent behind why he would completely ignore both main wagons. would he fake the main wagons having "blended all together" as he put it? I don't know.

he doesn't discuss either athena or bart like ever and I want to hear from him why when D2 comes up.

anyway.

I don't think Bibbon is scum but I would still like to hear that "mystery scum read" cuz it does no good keeping those from town. if you think a player that hasn't been cased currently is scum, you can test that read by casing them to see what their reaction is, since no one's seen them under pressure yet, so a) if they happen to be scum and react badly then other people will see it, and/or b) it'll help you get a better idea of what their alignment might be otherwise to have from them what you didn't have before.

also I really want to know if it's me

, & she says this like town can't play badly/play in an antitown way which is also true)

also NOT true************* my bad

another disclaimer I uh, my Brain Zone has been ungood recently and I apologize in advance if I sound anxious when I respond to you. I find myself having some trouble answering people who sound aggressive and I'm just trying to remind myself it's the game and nothing personal. it's not your fault at all, I have ptsd and sometimes things like debating/arguing, even when it's friendly, can freak me out of nowhere so uh yeah sorry about that! I'm happy to be playing mafia again and that's all that matters.

still hope zeus gets vigged or something, I feel bad we need to rely on the vig to pick off players who are playing antitown over vig picking who they authentically think are scum though. (I really think there's gotta be at least a vig variant in this game so I'm just going to assume there is until it's proven otherwise.) but like. if zeus is town he's an easy target for a mislynch & he's a detriment to his faction, & if he's scum well we won't have to worry about that anymore. I don't want to focus on zeus anymore because it got us nowhere all day and everyone just came to the conclusion "lol let's vig him" so me saying more than this is unnecessary. this is just #fortherecord since I was big on lynching him yesterday and then kinda flaked. my opinion on him hasn't changed.

so far from my read I would vote nightmare at daystart tomorrow. I'm reading Junko and I don't know yet. my first impression was there was this nitpicky thing w/ weapons that bugged me (felt like a potshot) but then junko admitted it was a misread so rip.

my scumread on marth was admittedly, along with the reasons I stated for voting him, meta-related, since he seemed a little less involved this game than usual, and despite what people were saying about what he was posting I couldn't shake that off. the way he claimed, I don't know either, and his role means town has two (with bart's flipped) that are detrimental when town target them so it's..........................................I hate rolespeccing so I dunno. still right now prefer nightmare over this. 

junko........eh...............

oh wait shit ugh come to think of it no marth probably isn't scum. UGH

I'm having trouble having scumreads this game

I like JB's case on Bibbon which leaves me feeling conflicted again. although I disagree with the eclipse case because she's played like this before; while she does spend a lot more time on explaining why zeus should be removed from the game than is probably necessary I wouldn't say she's scum trying to go for an easy lynch. that's questionable because in the same breath JB disregards kirsche's tunneling as meta, and I think JB would know eclipse's meta at this point too wouldn't he? plus she's been doing so much more outside of her zeus read that narrowing it all down to "scum pushing for ez lynch" is Meh

yeah okay I can buy junko scum.

okay here's what I have so far, in a nutshell. not everyone (we still have 2 noposters and elie who was barely here so that sucks.)

eclipse town. walrein disappeared and my townread kinda disappeared with them. bbm, probably more likely to be town. refa maybe but less so. weapons I have no idea, JB I'm unsure because I don't know if it's just I disagree with him or he's scum looking for unique reads that'll stand out. kirsche I wasn't sure but I think I'm leaning town. like JB said his tunneling is null, I just read it as overconfident town over, like, opportunistic scum or something. junko I can buy as scum, maybe demotivated, I don't know. nightmare scum. athena's claim can go either way and I'm not sure about the rest of him.

oh uhhh and marth likely town.

I think that was something else about JB, is that he seems very insistent on ragging on things people have been more or less universally townreading (eclipse, marth claim) and don't know if he's paranoid town that doesn't want town to give these things a pass or scum trying to discredit them.

satsuma/snike slot just hasn't really bothered me.

I can agree w/ shinori being kinda in the background. I'm parsing through eury's wallpost. I think I'm gonna take a break after this.

uhhhhhh not trying to be a jerk or anything but i think people using the "you just don't like my playstyle" as a defense to drop it, I don't think it's a scumtell in and of itself to use that defense but it's still not very helpful. I am guilty of this in past games and I realize it's kind of a meh thing to do. this game has more new players than usual so yeah there will be playstyle & cultural differences but the thing about coming in and using the "you disagree w my style" @ someone who is scumreading you is null cuz if we don't know your usual meta we can't read you off that anyway really. I know the point is that maybe cultural differences have been affecting reads, and that is bound to happen, but I want to see less of the... well... I want to see more cooperation I guess? some of the new players act like they don't like playing here and I'm worried about the atmosphere it's bringing I guess.