• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’d be on cloud nine about that Lucina.

At best she'd be on the same level as M!Lucina for me since mine is neutral

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would actually find it funny if they did do that, but made the reward units be 1-star rarity.

Also the amount of crying from players that then accidentally send home the otherwise 5-star-exclusive characters without realizing they were otherwise 5-star-exclusive.

That would be hilarious.

Spoiler

But that's because I want to make some really dumb CC units.

I suspect a boatload of orbs.  If we're lucky, we might get a banner with some new characters (please be FE6).

21 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Calling it: Golden Week of Nephenee, Nephenee, and Nephenee. 

I wouldn't mind a Nephenee-only banner.

I need 1 more for merging and like a million for Slaying Lance, Atk/Spd, and Wrath.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I’d be on cloud nine about that Lucina.

And I'd...be actually rather pissed off to be handed a free Azura after the ransom I ended up having to pay to even have a chance at getting her from her BHB banner. Oh, and I probably don't need to say how getting a free Takumi but not a free Leo would make me feel, do I? 

Idea: the one-star character will be Camilla.  She will be your only usable character until you write a 77,000 page reddit post on "fanservice and thots in video gaming", and have it screencapped by Salon in their weekly articles on misogyny in gaming.  The post can only be written on your smartphone, and cannot be saved before submission; if there is an error, you start again from scratch.

(I'm on my fifth cup of coffee today, working on a 32 oz Café con Leche right now, sry.)

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

And I'd...be actually rather pissed off to be handed a free Azura after the ransom I ended up having to pay to even have a chance at getting her from her BHB banner. Oh, and I probably don't need to say how getting a free Takumi but not a free Leo would make me feel, do I? 

In that case, they should hand out a negative-5-star version of each of those characters. You'll need

• 20,000 feathers to promote to negative-4-star,
  • 2,000 feathers to promote to negative-3-star,
  • 200 feathers to promote to negative-2-star,
  • 20 feathers to promote to negative-1-star,
  • 2 feathers to promote to 0-star,
  • 2 feathers to promote to 1-star,
  • 20 feathers to promote to 2-star,
  • 200 feathers to promote to 3-star,
  • 2,000 feathers to promote to 4-star, and
  • 20,000 feathers to promote to 5-star.

For reference, a neutral negative-5-star Azura would have level-1 stats of 12/0/4/-1/1 and level-40 stats of 19/10/14/5/9. Good luck leveling without crystals.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In that case, they should hand out a negative-5-star version of each of those characters. You'll need

For reference, a neutral negative-5-star Azura would have level-1 stats of 12/0/4/-1/1 and level-40 stats of 19/10/14/5/9. Good luck leveling without crystals.

Thankfully, that aforementioned ransom actually got me Azura (+Spd/-Res even) so I wouldn’t have to deal with that. Though if that does come to pass, then I’d at least have an excuse to let a free Takumi rot that isn’t just “I kinda hate him”.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Crystals seem like the most minor concern in that situation.

38 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Masked Azura who has no Sing skill by default so you have to SI it from another Azura (or Shigure).

Dance and Sing are exclusive skills. I would not mind the developers making them inheritable though. Dancing Reinhardt on a cavalry defense team is not broken.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What if they did what they did for Christmas and did nothing?

Maybe someone got reprimanded for doing nothing. Upper management seems to be more interested in sales lately, so that is maybe why Heroes began selling Starter Support Packs.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe someone got reprimanded for doing nothing. Upper management seems to be more interested in sales lately, so that is maybe why Heroes began selling Starter Support Packs.

I hope they do more things like the BK value meal.  I think that was a dozen Orbs, the BK, and a few other things for like $4.  That was a pretty good deal.

The feather one was slightly better, but not really that enticing unless I was planning on buying Orbs anyway.  Maybe if it was 20K feathers, essentially making it a choose-your-own 5*, it would feel like a better deal.  The Orbs in that pack were about the same value as the rest of the packs, so you're not missing out, unless you really need feathers.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I hope they do more things like the BK value meal.  I think that was a dozen Orbs, the BK, and a few other things for like $4.  That was a pretty good deal.

The feather one was slightly better, but not really that enticing unless I was planning on buying Orbs anyway.  Maybe if it was 20K feathers, essentially making it a choose-your-own 5*, it would feel like a better deal.  The Orbs in that pack were about the same value as the rest of the packs, so you're not missing out, unless you really need feathers.

I want more Barracks space, so hopefully they will do something about that, although that might end up costing them more money in the long run for storing more data.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I want more Barracks space, so hopefully they will do something about that, although that might end up costing them more money in the long run for storing more data.

I'm not sure how much actual data it takes up, but I'd like more barracks space, too.  I've got over a thousand units now and don't like sending home useful fodder, which is just about everybody, now that Killer Weapons are refinable, and Glimmer is useful.

For the Orb packs, I wonder if they'll do some sort of Orb sale, where all the packs are discounted for a week or something.  I don't know about kids today, but do many have more than $10-20 to blow on a gacha game anyway?

The BK pack spoiled me to the extent I don't think I would ever buy orbs again unless a good hero was included with them. I mean, the BK pack was essentially half-price orbs plus a 5* unit that could be taken to be worth 60-80 orbs. How is a 25% off monthly deal with 6000 feathers (essentially 30% of a much-less-rare 5-star hero) meant to compete?

Even if the monthly deal was 50% off I think I'd still pass, orbs on their own are just not appealing now that I'm finally happy with the state of my barracks. I'd estimate that three-quarters of the money I've spent on FEH were back when I had big holes in my team, and had maybe 20-30 5-stars total. There's just no reason to spend anymore. (Mind you my total spending has only been about five 23 orb packs plus the BK pack so I'm definitely some type of small fry)

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not sure how much actual data it takes up, but I'd like more barracks space, too.  I've got over a thousand units now and don't like sending home useful fodder, which is just about everybody, now that Killer Weapons are refinable, and Glimmer is useful.

For the Orb packs, I wonder if they'll do some sort of Orb sale, where all the packs are discounted for a week or something.  I don't know about kids today, but do many have more than $10-20 to blow on a gacha game anyway?

Oh man...orb sale would be nice. I actually dunno how much money teens/kids/younger folks spend/would spend on the game. I know I used to play a lot of those free otome games when I was in high school, and I was tempted to buy the tickets to ease the story along faster, but I think I only actually spent money once. And I can't remember what it was for. But it wasn't more than like...5 bucks. I had a job, but it didn't feel like enough income to spend more than that on a game. XD

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh man...orb sale would be nice. I actually dunno how much money teens/kids/younger folks spend/would spend on the game. I know I used to play a lot of those free otome games when I was in high school, and I was tempted to buy the tickets to ease the story along faster, but I think I only actually spent money once. And I can't remember what it was for. But it wasn't more than like...5 bucks. I had a job, but it didn't feel like enough income to spend more than that on a game. XD

Smart phones weren't even a thing when I was in high school.  I didn't even have a cell phone when I started high school.

Although we did have arcades back then.  Sometimes, I would get $10-20 and spend it there.  It's sad that they're not really around anymore.  It would be nice to go back and play Rampage and Gauntlet with the kids.

I've only had a smartphone for about a year, I was happy with my Nokia dumbphone up until they made it too hard to play FEH with an emulator. I don't regret it, but it does mean FEH has been a rather expensive game for me if I take the hardware cost into account. I've always been a bit behind the curve in this regard, hell, I only got my first mobile phone in 2007 - and it was a hand-me-down.

As a kid growing up in the 90s I think I mostly spent my money on boxed PC games and the occasional music CD.

Edited by Humanoid

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The BK pack spoiled me to the extent I don't think I would ever buy orbs again unless a good hero was included with them. I mean, the BK pack was essentially half-price orbs plus a 5* unit that could be taken to be worth 60-80 orbs. How is a 25% off monthly deal with 6000 feathers (essentially 30% of a much-less-rare 5-star hero) meant to compete?

Even if the monthly deal was 50% off I think I'd still pass, orbs on their own are just not appealing now that I'm finally happy with the state of my barracks. I'd estimate that three-quarters of the money I've spent on FEH were back when I had big holes in my team, and had maybe 20-30 5-stars total. There's just no reason to spend anymore. (Mind you my total spending has only been about five 23 orb packs plus the BK pack so I'm definitely some type of small fry)

Yeah, I really wish they'd do more like the BK pack. I mean, $4 for a very good limited character is a pretty easy sale. The orbs and feathers would be nice and all, but there's a reason I've spent a total of $4 on this game total. If they did something like $5 for a handful of orbs, feathers, and a 5* exclusive or limited character, not even a particularly great one, like Minerva or Valter or something, I'd probably go for it since I know exactly what I'm getting. Even if they did 50 orbs for the same price, there's still no guarantee I'll get anything worth a damn, which is the biggest thing holding me back from spending on this game.

Or what if they did a pack with Loki, Veronica, Laegjarn, and Bruno?

48 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hopefully it does not take too much data, but I imagine it is significant enough to impact their expenses since they seem to be slow at expanding the maximum space.

48 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I did since I was doing pretty easy janitorial work at an office for my mother's friend, but most of my friends do not have similar opportunities until after high school.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Although we did have arcades back then.  Sometimes, I would get $10-20 and spend it there.  It's sad that they're not really around anymore.  It would be nice to go back and play Rampage and Gauntlet with the kids.

They are still around. Even my small city/metro area got at least two. They are easier to find and get to in bigger cities though.

In Manhattan, there are at least two very popular arcades. Dave and Buster's got the newer arcade machines in Times Square, while the Barcade near NYU got the classic retro machines. I think there is also an arcade in Chinatown, but I am not sure if it ever gets busy since I have only been there a few times during the day when it is empty. I am pretty sure there are a lot more arcades throughout Manhattan and other boroughs. There is also Chuck E. Cheeses in Brooklyn near where I lived, but the games there are mostly for kids and the selection is limited.

Back in Sacramento, there is one retro arcade in downtown, but the closest Dave and Buster's is like miles away in an adjacent city, although the drive is not too bad if there was no traffic.

Edited by XRay

11 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Or what if they did a pack with Loki, Veronica, Laegjarn, and Bruno?

I would feel uncomfortable with exclusive characters being bought. Feels like a slippery slope.

That being said, would drop money for Bruno in a heartbeat. Would hope he would be separate to Loki, though. I want her nowhere near my account. Would possibly go for Veronica and Laegjarn, depending on how much they cost. So yes, I don't like the idea, but would buy into it like the hypocrite I am...

35 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I would feel uncomfortable with exclusive characters being bought. Feels like a slippery slope.

That being said, would drop money for Bruno in a heartbeat. Would hope he would be separate to Loki, though. I want her nowhere near my account. Would possibly go for Veronica and Laegjarn, depending on how much they cost. So yes, I don't like the idea, but would buy into it like the hypocrite I am...

Agreed on that being a slippery slope, but yeah, I'm sure they'd take in a ton even if they were only like $2 a piece. I honestly hope they don't because then that's a hard wall for getting the character at all. If it were just 5* exclusives, then it's a soft wall.  Though I guess the BK is somewhere in between. Everyone could get him in the TT, but the people who missed it only had the starter pack and there don't seem to be plans to rerun the characters anytime soon, save MM.

But yeah, same, I'd totally do it despite any hesitations I might have.

Edited by bottlegnomes