New Heroes: Scattered Fangs

Baldrick

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is what I wake up to.

Linus completes the Reed brothers and the Four Fangs, good.

Canas, I am fond of him for sure.

Legault, certainly unexpected, he in no way seems popular being so old. But I do think he is a good character.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

yet a failure of a unit like Carla is fair game? That's just weird.

In gameplay, yes she definitely is terrible in FE7. One heck of a recruitment, joins extremely late, underleveled, in a class that isn't very good, and doesn't even have Est-like growths. What were they thinking? She should have joined back in the Hector Mode exclusive chapter with Farina where she first appears in a village.

But as a character? I wanted to say Karla wasn't bad, but reading her supports has convinced me otherwise.

Her Karel support- he is just too edgy there in his comical FE7 overly edgy style, and she is there only to be the soft, compassionate calming voice to his sword demon-ness. The Bartre isn't very good I think, mostly because Bartre, but unlike the Karel, it does show she takes herself seriously as a warrior and likes battle. Vaida- it's a Vaida support, they are by definition awful, Vaida herself being the reason why. The Farina like the Vaida, shows Karla to be mostly calm and apathetic to things, and I don't think the support really has her develop at all, it ends more with confirming her obsession with finding Karel.

I would like to say Karla just got stuck with mostly bad support partners, but to be honest, she is partly to blame for the flops. 

So why is Karla in FEH? Simple, she is a sword chick, they're beautiful and cause the Orbs of oxen to emit musk which drives them to buy Orbs.

That, and the less cynical other reason is that she completes the Bartre-Fir-Karel-Karla family. Although the Nino-Canas-Hugh-Niime family is still missing half its members.

5 hours ago, Thane said:

I don't remember Legault ever mentioning fighting dirty. He got a super hamfisted and anime-like introduction when a random goon said "You're the Hurricane! The one who's said to be equal to the Four Fangs!" or something, which made it sound like he was a big deal when it came to fighting. 

To ALL FEH players, for anyone from FE6-9, if they should up on a new banner, I recommend reading over their supports. They won't have so many that it won't take that long, and SF has them all listed. See if you remember your like/dislike for that character rightly, and if not, well it'll be a good chance to reexamine and evaluate them.

Oh yes, Legault, here is the dialogue in question:

Spoiler

Legault: That’s what I mean, you’re overestimating me… As a rule, assassins are weaklings.
Isadora: Weak…
Legault: Yep. They use darkness to catch their targets unaware, use poison, work in groups… They can’t win if they fight fair, so they use trickery. In a fair and open duel, a knight would crush an assassin.
Isadora: I wonder if that’s true.
Legault: What? Are you nervous?
Isadora: …I’ve confidence in the techniques I practiced as a knight in Pherae, but you cannot predict what will occur in a real battle.
Legault: I think I see what you mean. You knights have to follow rules and win fair and square. But your enemies are not so constrained. That’s rough.
Isadora: Master Legault. If you were going to fight me, what would you do?
Legault: Hm? Well…let me see. For example, while we were talking like this… I’d fix your scabbard so you couldn’t draw your blade. See…
Isadora: Ah!! Wh… When did you…
Legault: Like I told you, assassins can’t win straight up, so they resort to all sorts of trickery.

Legault: All right, no need to get testy. I was a member of the Black Fang when you could count us all on two hands. They took me in because of my nimble agility. In the organization, I was known as the Hurricane. My job, like everyone else’s, was assassination. The only difference were my targets. I was the one charged with…cleaning house.
Matthew: Cleaning house?
Legault: Yep. As the cleaner, I was responsible for executing anyone who betrayed the Fang. Black Fang members never beg for mercy. They’d rather die than be captured. It’s
‘cause they know… What happens to traitors. You can never run from the cleaner. That’s Fang law. I worked to protect that law.
Matthew: Really? The Black Fang seems filled with some powerful fellows. And you? You don’t look like much.
Legault: Yeah, but you know… People have to sleep sometime. But then you know all about work like that, don’t you?
Matthew: ……
Legault: Killing the people you’ve lived and worked with for years. You’ll find yourself hated pretty quickly. That’s one thing that makes this place comfortable. I can just be a simple hanger-on. Are you satisfied?
Matthew: ……
Legault: Well, that’s all right. I’m not asking that you believe me right away.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure pairing Dull Ranged and Lysol together will result in Windex's bonus Atk effect being completely nullified.

Will you ever resort to Tide Pods? Or are you rebranding Orbs that?

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Jugdral's Grafcalibur has not been localized yet.

Would a better translation be Glyphcalibur?

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I get that Karla's title "Sword Vassal" is the fault of Blazing Sword's localization team, but a "vassal" and a "princess" are extremely different things.

Ironically, they got it right, once.

C Support

Vaida: So, you are the famed Sword Princess, are you not?

To summon, or not to summon. That is the question. I’m still deciding whether or not to summon. One hand, it’s a new flier unit, and I always try for flyer units. On the other hand, the legendary banner is coming up, with Grima and Ephriam confirmed for it, as well as the possibility for units that I’d want. What to do....

So excited for Legault he is my favorite thief/assassin in Blazing Blade and i hope they would add Heath aswell

But Canas as free reward IS is being nice to us. First a free Groom Marth and then a free Canas? What is this madness?

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In gameplay, yes she definitely is terrible in FE7. One heck of a recruitment, joins extremely late, underleveled, in a class that isn't very good, and doesn't even have Est-like growths. What were they thinking? She should have joined back in the Hector Mode exclusive chapter with Farina where she first appears in a village.

I remember her being ok in the game, but definitely not worth having to level up Bartre.  Though to be honest, every sword unit in FE7 is mediocre in comparison to Raven, especially in HHM.  

58 minutes ago, Yato said:

So excited for Legault he is my favorite thief/assassin in Blazing Blade and i hope they would add Heath aswell

But Canas as free reward IS is being nice to us. First a free Groom Marth and then a free Canas? What is this madness?

If there's a game that gets nearly a complete representation of their characters first in Heroes and have most of them wind up being pretty useful, it's FE7. There's far more of them in than not in. I think they're holding back the Paladins and Oswin because they'd be so broken. 

Heroes is stuffing the game with as many FE7 characters as they can. Hector is going to get another form thanks to CYL. We have many Lyns. Eliwood has his horse form and armor form. Funny, but not his unpromoted form. Maybe they didn't want him to be too much like Roy. Jaffar, Bartre, Florina, Nino(Original), Rebecca, Matthew, Raven, Priscilla, Serra, Lucius, Ursula, Loyd

The idea I could be disappointed in a banner about my second favorite FE is absurd and yet... sigh.

I wanted FE6.  While it has been a while since we got a FE7 banner (last one was March 2017, last non alt FE7 unit overall was Dorcas in Farfetched Heroes in November), there still has yet to be a proper FE6 banner, period, and the only non alt we’ve gotten since launch is Klein.  

Also no Erk or Nils.  Canas is cool though.

Sorry it’s just, I’m annoyed at myself for setting myself up for disappointment, and I’m annoyed that I am disappointed when I for all intents and purposes should not be.  And this makes July’s non seasonal being FE6 seem less likely.  Sigh.

Well, I'll try for Legault/Nino, but only on the free session. After that, saving Orbs for next month's Legendary banner and hoping they'll drop Legault. Those two do look pretty neat though (not Karla, she just doesn't interest me at all).

The main unit I'd pull from that trailer is Canas, but he's gonna be free so I don't have to. Plus he has Raudhrowl+, which is nice. It still bugs me that that's 5-Star-locked.

Cool to see Linus is coming too. Don't use Lloyd ever, but hopefully his bro will be better.

Overall, I'm gonna skip this one, because I don't care for Karla, I'm betting on Legault dropping so why bother for him, and my desire for adorable alt Nino is cancelled out by remembering that I have adorable regular Nino.

8 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I think they're holding back the Paladins and Oswin because they'd be so broken. 

Just because a character was broken in their base game, doesn't mean they'll be broken in FEH. The Rule of Cool for people like the BK and needing to make characters worth summoning does sometimes make characters really good, but that is separate from their base game performance. Kent could have the Atk of a toasted marshmallow when he gets in for all we know.

Robin sans Grimahood certainly doesn't threaten the Heroes metagame at all, whereas they broke Awakening like toothpick.

9 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

f there's a game that gets nearly a complete representation of their characters first in Heroes and have most of them wind up being pretty useful, it's FE7. There's far more of them in than not in. I think they're holding back the Paladins and Oswin because they'd be so broken. 

I think SoV has a larger percentage of its roster in Heroes so far, and maybe SS too, although this is apart from usefulness. Blazing does have a rather small-ish PC roster though, with 44 characters counting Nils and Ninian separately and including Merlinus. And excluding Bartre as being his FE6 self, we have 19 of them in FEH factoring in the latest banner, leaving 25 characters, just 3 over half the roster, left to add.

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Sorry it’s just, I’m annoyed at myself for setting myself up for disappointment, and I’m annoyed that I am disappointed when I for all intents and purposes should not be.  And this makes July’s non seasonal being FE6 seem less likely.  Sigh.

Maybe for August still? They put only one New Heroes between Thracia and Gen 2 Genealogy, despite the fact those games are in the same world.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe for August still? They put only one New Heroes between Thracia and Gen 2 Genealogy, despite the fact those games are in the same world.

I suppose that’s a fair point that I actually totally forgot.  

I feel next banner is basically guaranteed to be swimsuits, so the next banner after that would be mid July new heroes... which was the one I was worried about being less likely to be FE6.  I suppose if seasonals count for that “one in between” it could be FE6... but I get the feeling being hopeful would just cause a repeat of this for me :/.  

I went to bed early so I just saw the video now.  I am so happy about Canas being free because it means I will get him for sure instead of hoping I get lucky and I am also happy about Legault because I have always liked him.  I will take colorless as my free pull and skip since I don't need the girls and while I like Legault I don't want to spend a lot of orbs on him when it looks like he will be the one to drop to 4*.  With Canas I can finally complete my Saiyuki "look alike" team which I have been wanting to do for awhile, in the words of Odin "so excited!".

26 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

And this makes July’s non seasonal being FE6 seem less likely.

I'm actually thinking the opposite. It's clear they're finally making the rounds doing single-game banners since March, and with Blazing Sword and Awakening finally getting some long-awaited dedicated banners, it's only a matter of time before Binding Blade gets its fair share.

Sure, it's possible they'll break up the Elibe games with Akaneia, Magvel, or Tellius in between, but I'd be willing to bet we'll have a Binding Blade banner before the end of the summer.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm actually thinking the opposite. It's clear they're finally making the rounds doing single-game banners since March, and with Blazing Sword and Awakening finally getting some long-awaited dedicated banners, it's only a matter of time before Binding Blade gets its fair share.

Sure, it's possible they'll break up the Elibe games with Akaneia, Magvel, or Tellius in between, but I'd be willing to bet we'll have a Binding Blade banner before the end of the summer.

That BB banner is definetely long overdue, but I'm wondering if we'll get any alts from it.  Who the heck would even be the alt for it? A Binding Blade alt for Roy would have a silly name. If there's going to be an alt then I'd rather it be Sophia since that'll be the only alt I'll ever accept. She needs better artwork

Hmm, I don't think I'll pull on this one. But I'm glad they're doing new characters and not specials. Looks like they've consistently been doing a different game every banner. With the exception of specials and of course the possessed heroes. They also are continuing to have a special version of characters, Nino is an odd choice to me, I wish it would've been Eliwood. I like that they're doing different games every time now, but that means we won't get Radiant Dawn for a long time. Path of Radiance is a maybe, it is a separate game so we may see it soon. Hopefully Stefan will be in it, I'll take him either game I can get him.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That BB banner is definetely long overdue, but I'm wondering if we'll get any alts from it.  Who the heck would even be the alt for it? A Binding Blade alt for Roy would have a silly name. If there's going to be an alt then I'd rather it be Sophia since that'll be the only alt I'll ever accept. She needs better artwork

I wouldn't mind Roy with a Rapier, but I definitely wouldn't say no to any number of Sophia alts. Looooooooong hair is justice.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, I certainly hope this is the case.  

Just going to turn to general skepticism since being hopeful then disappointed just made me feel awful, haha.

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I get the feeling there’d be a Roy alt, simply because if there’s anyone in FE6 who can make money, it’s him.  

I’d be pleasantly surprised if it’s like the FE4 G2 banner with Seliph and he’s not there, though.

Well, I didn't expect to see Legault and Karla here. If I were to choose one of them it would be Nino because I'm drowning in swords and I still have 0 green fliers. Giga Excalibur sounds funny but I like it and that effect, if Nino has high Spd it will be ridiculous. 

Oh yeah, Canas is there! Will he be a TT or GC reward? Anyways I like the guy a lot so I'll promote him when he releases.

Edited by Alexmender

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So why is Karla in FEH? Simple, she is a sword chick, they're beautiful and cause the Orbs of oxen to emit musk which drives them to buy Orbs.

Actually, if this is to be believed, Karla was the highest rated female unit who hasn't been added to Heroes yet (she is number 26).

I don't have the patience to search for Karla's name in the CYL polls, but... well those at least are numbers.