New Heroes: Scattered Fangs

Baldrick

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Julius's poor Speed in FEH is more owing to the necessity of balancing the GHB freebies such that they do not abolish the urge to summon, or so I would assume from all I read here.

It's more likely because they ran out of stat points to hand out. They already had to massively dump his Def stat just to bring his Spd up this far.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That bold was not mine by the way, it was just in the script. And there is a difference between a casual and rough, but ultimately acceptable way of criticizing someone's recreational actions on the battlefield, and twice throwing a cherished book of their's into your dragon's maw.

I do tend to like the scholarly type, owing much to me being loosely one, but that does not automatically make me dislike the warrior types. I do dislike Mia, but that has nothing to do with her being a warrior, and more to do with her being, for all her pep, which I can see the appeal of, being rather shallow. A little backstory for her or an interest besides swordplay would go a long way, those things and a Lucia (the actual perfect white-clad rival for her) support.

By the way, the Mia line you speak of, doesn't actually match the Japanese at all:

I made that bold because I directly brought it up. Never implied what Vaida did or says is anywhere near acceptable. She's obviously a bad person both in supports and in the story. Doesn't necessarily mean a bad character.

I'm well aware that line is different in the Japanese but this localization change was for the better since we see multiple times she loves swords. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I knew about that conversation, however that one does after the C become a more normal support with the two characters meeting face to face and actually bonding. Was the intent of the C support humor? Or was it just some of the worst of Binding's at times shoddy supports? Although to be fair, the next three games would all also feature duds, but Binding being the first to have supports, might have had particularly bad writing. Not to deny Binding has some nuggets of gold- I do like AstolfoxIgrene (now if only BB had non-Roy paired endings). I need to do a total review of Binding's supports some day, like I did with PoR.

I mean, personally, Treck/Juno C is my favorite FE6 support, so.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

She's obviously a bad person both in supports and in the story. Doesn't necessarily mean a bad character.

As I reread her supports earlier, I did have to revise my opinion of her a bit upwards I will admit. And as I said before, her core character wasn't bad, just that the supports written for her had far too many duds.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I mean, personally, Treck/Juno C is my favorite FE6 support, so.

Oh. Well differing opinions are fine. I can see how it and the whole support chain can be funny, in a "Treck is stoned" kind of way.

Hope everyone's pulls are going okay on this banner. If anyone wants to listen to the voice clips for the new characters, here they are. Don't know if they've been posted anywhere else. Legault though... I think he just straight up seduced me. 

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Lol.  Am I the only one that would support Lyn x Hector, Raven and Priscilla/Lucius, Nino and Jaffar, Erk and Serra, and not support anyone else? 

Out of the seven billion and then some people on this planet, yes, you're the only one.

On 6/15/2018 at 12:01 PM, bottlegnomes said:

@Charmeleonbrah I think all those pairings, save maybe Raven x Priscilla, are pretty popular, but I do think most other people support additional pairings.

Idk I guess I'm uncreative.  I mainly did Raven x Priscilla because they're family and they were probably my best two units in my HHM run.  Nino and Jaffar is canon.

21 hours ago, eclipse said:

Out of the seven billion and then some people on this planet, yes, you're the only one.

Nice!  That means I'm unique.