New Heroes: Scattered Fangs

Baldrick

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still upset at the Nino alt but wow I did not anticipate Legault or Canas to show up in Heroes. Good picks and the exchange rate of 1 alt for four new characters is quite desirable. Karla I somewhat expected since they seem especially interested in the Bartre/Karel family tree. Bummer that Lyn didn't get any of her retainers. Linus is great too, although I never encountered him in any of my FE7 playthroughs. I think the only way to possibly meet him is to deliberately avoid using one of the lords and I never had the heart to do that.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

I'm still upset at the Nino alt but wow I did not anticipate Legault or Canas to show up in Heroes. Good picks and the exchange rate of 1 alt for four new characters is quite desirable. Karla I somewhat expected since they seem especially interested in the Bartre/Karel family tree. Bummer that Lyn didn't get any of her retainers. Linus is great too, although I never encountered him in any of my FE7 playthroughs. I think the only way to possibly meet him is to deliberately avoid using one of the lords and I never had the heart to do that.

It's easy. Don't invest in Lyn. Eliwood is a better investment

Is it just me, or are a lot of the alt characters getting swift sparrow? Spring Lucina and CYL!Lyn (if you want to consider them alts) both had the skill. Now there's alt!Eirika and alt!Olwen ... and alt!Nino.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Uh, you fight Linus so matter what. The only difference is whether you fight him or Lloyd first. You'll fight the remaining brother at Cog of Destiny.

They all look cool, especially Karla. I didn’t think they’d put her in Heroes so soon. I might try my luck here eventually. 

I’m super excited for Linus though! He’s one of my most wanted units to be added.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Is it just me, or are a lot of the alt characters getting swift sparrow? Spring Lucina and CYL!Lyn (if you want to consider them alts) both had the skill. Now there's alt!Eirika and alt!Olwen ... and alt!Nino.

Those idiots are giving us glass cannon mages who die easily when attacking a DC unit and locking them behind 5 star exclusivity. They lack support utility and are primarily combat focused. If you want them, go for it. But to be honest, they're very fragile

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Uh, you fight Linus so matter what. The only difference is whether you fight him or Lloyd first. You'll fight the remaining brother at Cog of Destiny.

Right I forgot that they had more to do in the story.

That guy on my friends list called WhereIsCanas already changed his name to CANAS SOON so there's one very happy camper out there.

Me, I want Nino but don't care so much about the infantry. I mean, I'll take a Karla as an Ayra alternative, but then again I have a Mia and barely use her. Legault is the guaranteed drop so eh. Canas I struggle to use a niche for given the prevalence of enemy phase reds already in Sophia, Lyon, and Julius. I have a Katarina but basically have never used her since getting her to 40.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Canas has an owltome

Right but his stats could be allocated well. Julius has a good stat spread, with certain abilties and his tome he staves off some physical attacks but completely destroys 95% of mage matchups without much trouble.

If Canas gets a good stat spread we could be in business. Tired of Green units everywhere lol

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Those idiots are giving us glass cannon mages who die easily when attacking a DC unit and locking them behind 5 star exclusivity. They lack support utility and are primarily combat focused. If you want them, go for it. But to be honest, they're very fragile

I mean, I already have CYL!Lyn, mage Eirika, and green Olwen. I don't really care whether I get flying Nino, although I'll probably end up with her at some point. I'm just noting that a lot of the alts have swift sparrow as a base skill.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

"scattered fangs" sounds more like the Black Fang breaking up or having a internal dispute. Might explain why Karla and Canas are in this batch of characters as Legault and Nino joined the Lycian lords' army where those 2 characters are also in. Basically, two former members of the Black Fang in the Lycian lords' army along with some other members of the army + a Black Fang member, AKA Linus, hunting them down

My guess is this is Black Fang without Nergal. It seems to focus more on the surface of the organization than Nergal's machinations with morphs of it. We also had Ursula on the map. Also, see above

Except that Nino was not part of the original Black Fang and was brought in by Nergal and Sonia. Nino is part of Nergal’s plot as much as any of the morphs are. She being in the banner contradicts this being Black Fang without Nergal.

"The Cleaner" is such a cringy, edgy name for a weapon. This and "Harmonic Lance" annoy the fucking hell out of me. Is Legault throwing bottles of Pine-Sol at the enemy?

The Japanese name is "Purging Dagger", with the word for "purge" specifically meaning the purging of dissenters and traitors.

I get that Karla's title "Sword Vassal" is the fault of Blazing Sword's localization team, but a "vassal" and a "princess" are extremely different things.

"Giga Excalibur" also sounds dumb, but that's also the fault of Blazing Sword's localization team, so I probably can't fault them.

I'm probably going to pull for a few copies of Karla and one copy of Legault for insurance (in case he doesn't drop). Also one copy of Nino to add to my collection. Camilla is the only flying green tome I need.

Also continuing to grumble that Swift Sparrow and Wrath are still 5-star locked.

Also, fuck you, game, for putting Raudhrowl on a limited character. Barb Shuriken wasn't enough for you, huh?

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Except that Nino was not part of the original Black Fang and was brought in by Nergal and Sonia. Nino is part of Nergal’s plot as much as any of the morphs are. She being in the banner contradicts this being Black Fang without Nergal.

She's a dear sibling to Lloyd and Linus as well as being on good terms with Legault. I think that's enough of an justification if she weren't already in the game. Too bad she's an alt.

Never really cared for Karla

Legault's cool, but daggers aren't really my type of playstyle 

Finally we have a green tome flier that I'm willing to roll for. I have no orbs to roll for Nino though.

I hope Linus is a decent axe unit. Canas is probably TT or GC but I already have so many red mages. 

Still not adding Pent I see, yet a failure of a unit like Carla is fair game? That's just weird.

I'm glad Linus is in. I just hope he doesn't end up looking as if he's brain damaged like Lloyd's artist made him look.

Canas was a very good choice. Just about everyone likes him so he's good fanservice. I don't think Nino really needed an alt but given her popularity I can let it slide.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"The Cleaner" is such a cringy, edgy name for a weapon. This and "Harmonic Lance" annoy the fucking hell out of me. Is Legault throwing bottles of Pine-Sol at the enemy?

The Japanese name is "Purging Dagger", with the word for "purge" specifically meaning the purging of dissenters and traitors.

Harmonic Lance pissed me off (I wish its name was consistent with Wo Dao), but seeing them mess up Hinoka and now this weapon is frustrating. I really hope they go back and change it, Purging Dagger sounds way better than the one we got. 

And they really need to put certain TT units into the normal 3-4 summon pool (Marisa, Joshua, Arden, Canas). Understandable not putting BK or Masked Marth, but the rest should be fair game.

3 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Harmonic Lance pissed me off (I wish its name was consistent with Wo Dao),

The annoying part is that it is consistent in Japanese. Harmonic Lance in Japanese is written with characters read "Wo Mou" ("Japanese spear") in Chinese in analogue to "Wo Dao" ("Japanese sword").

I feel like they're naming the new weapons as if they were uninheritable or at least non-generic. "Harmonic Lance" sounds like it was named specifically with Shigure in mind as its wielder, just like how "Windex" sounds like it was named specifically with Legault in mind.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The annoying part is that it is consistent in Japanese. Harmonic Lance in Japanese is written with characters read "Wo Mou" ("Japanese spear") in Chinese in analogue to "Wo Dao" ("Japanese sword").

I feel like they're naming the new weapons as if they were uninheritable or at least non-generic. "Harmonic Lance" sounds like it was named specifically with Shigure in mind as its wielder, just like how "Windex" sounds like it was named specifically with Legault in mind.

Well he is the Hurricane so Windex kind of forms a fun pun

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"The Cleaner" is such a cringy, edgy name for a weapon. 

Blazing Blade being edgy? That's a first, I'm sure!

It also seems to indicate there's only really one of them, but it's inheritable.

I don't remember Legault ever mentioning fighting dirty. He got a super hamfisted and anime-like introduction when a random goon said "You're the Hurricane! The one who's said to be equal to the Four Fangs!" or something, which made it sound like he was a big deal when it came to fighting. 

Now, do I want Bridaki or flying Nino...I need a green mage flier for my Team Overdrive...

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I don't remember Legault ever mentioning fighting dirty. He got a super hamfisted and anime-like introduction when a random goon said "You're the Hurricane! The one who's said to be equal to the Four Fangs!" or something, which made it sound like he was a big deal when it came to fighting. 

Too bad his stats and class are nothing compared to the other Black Fang weaker than the Four Fangs. Even Jerme and Kenneth are well above him. Neither of them are on par with the Four Fangs in story or game play. 

FE7 is my favourite game, but this banner is such a skipfest for me, which is disappointing. Legault looks amazing, so hoping he's the one that drops. I have no need for an infantry sword and I already have a Nino with no wish for another one. 

Again they have no faith in the male who came 89th in CYL2 helping a banner (Canas is free like Groom Marth, most likely, even though both have been requested a lot and should make money). I like free units but many people don't. Karla and Legault still both scored above 300. I was hopeful they'd be less popular to give any chance for Kent in the distant future but no luck. 

Edited by Cute Chao