Forging Bonds: Dueling Desires

DraceEmpressa

I gave the explorer hat to Sothe, it matches his outfit much better than I expected. 

Radiant Dawn spoilers:

Spoiler

And I put the black wings on Micaiah and made her a heron.

I also realized just now that Aversa's crown is actually Gangrel's crown...

I usually like Forging Bonds, but the only one I'm liking on this one at all is Kliff and I'm just skipping through Loki and Aversa's sections as fast as possible. So much for actually finding out anything more about them >.< 

The accessories are amazing, though. I put the wings on Dark Shigure, who looks amazing with them. Michalis got the crown, which he's happy about :) 

The Tactician's Hat and Explorer's Hat are currently on Seliph and Silas, but I'm not sure about them yet. 

Yet to get the EX versions, but I'm really looking forward to the white wings. I'm not even sure who I'm going to put them on, but I can't wait for them :D 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You aren’t the only one to have got this idea, haha:

Darn it! There goes any ideas I had that I was in any way unique -.- 

xD But you have to admit, they just look so good on him :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

31 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I usually like Forging Bonds, but the only one I'm liking on this one at all is Kliff and I'm just skipping through Loki and Aversa's sections as fast as possible. So much for actually finding out anything more about them >.<

I'm not one to tell others how they should play but I strongly suggest not skipping dialogue, especially since you said you're interested in finding more about them. It's clear to me that Loki's gimmick is being a seductress who probably got her position in Muspell in a similar way to how she's trying to get in a good position with the summoner. But just how Owain's gimmick isn't all there is to know about him, the same is (probably, I haven't finished FB yet) true for Loki.

For all you know the very next sentence after "where you looking for me? Of course eeheh" is a big info-dump on her backstory and you are skipping by.

I understand not being interested in Loki and Aversa hitting on you, as a straight guy I wouldn't be interested in a forging bonds with Niles. But I would still read it, you never know if between innuendos he might say something of value.

I'm sorry if I sound forceful, you are free to do what you want, I only responded because you said you were interested in the characters and the situation sounds weirdly similar to those who said "I would be interested in finding more about Faye, but all of her dialogue is ALMALMALMALM so I'm skipping it" and that isn't true. You have to dig a bit and yes you have to endure a lot of ALMALM but there is an actual character there, buried under the gimmick.

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm not one to tell others how they should play but I strongly suggest not skipping dialogue, especially since you said you're interested in finding more about them. It's clear to me that Loki's gimmick is being a seductress who probably got her position in Muspell in a similar way to how she's trying to get in a good position with the summoner. But just how Owain's gimmick isn't all there is to know about him, the same is (probably, I haven't finished FB yet) true for Loki.

For all you know the very next sentence after "where you looking for me? Of course eeheh" is a big info-dump on her backstory and you are skipping by.

I understand not being interested in Loki and Aversa hitting on you, as a straight guy I wouldn't be interested in a forging bonds with Niles. But I would still read it, you never know if between innuendos he might say something of value.

I'm sorry if I sound forceful, you are free to do what you want, I only responded because you said you were interested in the characters and the situation sounds weirdly similar to those who said "I would be interested in finding more about Faye, but all of her dialogue is ALMALMALMALM so I'm skipping it" and that isn't true. You have to dig a bit and yes you have to endure a lot of ALMALM but there is an actual character there, buried under the gimmick.

It's just not worth it to me. Aversa's supports from Awakening will do me for her, while Loki is just too much for me to bear, even if they did bury some backstory there. They just went too fanservice and it's just too much for me >.<

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It's just not worth it to me. Aversa's supports from Awakening will do me for her, while Loki is just too much for me to bear, even if they did bury some backstory there. They just went too fanservice and it's just too much for me >.<

Understandable, well no big deal. After all if something really big about her was revealed, you will probably hear it from the rest of the forum, or likely in this very same topic.

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

Understandable, well no big deal. After all if something really big about her was revealed, you will probably hear it from the rest of the forum, or likely in this very same topic.

True. And if it does come to that, I can always go back and reread that section :) 

I am still reading the in between parts. There were a few funny moments there, especially when they teamed up on poor Kliff lol 

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I am still reading the in between parts. There were a few funny moments there, especially when they teamed up on poor Kliff lol 

Which reminds me, I really wish we could have forging bonds with old characters. I understand why it's not feasible, but I really want a Tobin, Gray, Faye and Kliff FB. These four are comedy gold I tell you, and it sucks that after the beginning of Echoes the screentime goes to Gray and Tobin alone instead of all four.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Which reminds me, I really wish we could have forging bonds with old characters. I understand why it's not feasible, but I really want a Tobin, Gray, Faye and Kliff FB. These four are comedy gold I tell you, and it sucks that after the beginning of Echoes the screentime goes to Gray and Tobin alone instead of all four.

It would have been amazing to get more Faye interactions where there would be a potential for Alm not to be mentioned. Such a missed opportunity >.< 

I would love to see more Forging Bonds with characters from the games that didn't have supports, etc, but they had the perfect opportunity to do that with the last FE4 banner and didn't >.< 

44 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have gotten maxed out all of the FB character rewards. Overall I like the dialogue, I find Loki and Aversa to be entertaining.

How many portions did it cost? 

I try to not max out all four before the daily orbs stop. 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It would have been amazing to get more Faye interactions where there would be a potential for Alm not to be mentioned. Such a missed opportunity >.< 

I would love to see more Forging Bonds with characters from the games that didn't have supports, etc, but they had the perfect opportunity to do that with the last FE4 banner and didn't >.< 

If you think about it Jugdral is the only continent without supports. Archanea and Valentia got them with the remakes, even if there weren't many.

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

If you think about it Jugdral is the only continent without supports. Archanea and Valentia got them with the remakes, even if there weren't many.

Archanea still got a fair bit screwed over with supports. One of my biggest disappointments with SD. I still can't believe that even in NMotE, Cain and Abel don't get a support >.< 

But you're right. I think they have lover conversations, but it's been so long since I played Jugdral and I wasn't overly keen on HW. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

How many portions did it cost? 

I try to not max out all four before the daily orbs stop. 

With double multipliers on, it took about 10 portions with auto battle team of fGrima, HallowMyrrh, Camilla, and Ninian. They had a success rate of 90% with the rare Falchion users giving them trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

both hats, both wings, that's all i wanted. I very rarely get Aversa anything (even in the double amount) - so probably won't get the crown. 
I am so bummed that i don't have the glasses and the helmet from previous FBs. as dumb as this sounds i didn't realise that's where i got my accessories i was just focused on my orbs. bummed now.