New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

Hey guys, in case you didn't know, Camilla exists in FEH. Yeah, the devs don't make it obvious, but she's there!

To be honest I actually kinda like the new Camilla Alt seeing as it's the least Azura-looking alt out of the 3

Like most others I'm gonna skip this one (aside from maybe trying my luck at summoning MIkoto (who has a staff for whatever reason)). I'm not sure whether they were trying to make this banner so gimmicky that people would like it, or if they're trying to shove Fates down everyone's throats again. 

14 hours ago, Alexmender said:

She's Azura, he's Azura, you're Azura, I'm Azura!!!...Is there any other Azura I should know about?

This is gold by the way.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This banner was very disappointing. The idea of a "imprisoned in a dream" theme is very nice and I hope the paralogue will be interesting but... I would have preferred they released it next year or even later. Right now when Heroes needs something new to make people interested again after two months, they release a banner full of alts, with characters who have nothing to do with the theme of the banner. Camilla, as everyone already pointed out, could have been replaced by Arete, Anankos, Sumeragi... But no, IntSys really can't go on without fanservice...

What dissappointed me the most is the fact that in the most recent banners IS seemeed intentioned to release less alts... The banners in September didn't have any, and the last seasonals featured some characters who only had a single version. I was really hoping to see more characters who aren't still in the game.

39 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You're being too literal by only looking at the name of the banner and not the contents.

Fallen Robin is Robin's body acting under Grima's agency.

Fallen Hardin is Hardin acting under I'm-not-sure-who's agency, but certainly not Book 1 Hardin's.

Fallen Celica is Celica's body acting under Duma's agency.

Fallen Takumi is Takumi's body acting under Anankos's agency.

How is this based on the name of the banner and not its contents?

I actually really like the art for this banner, and I don't really have a hangup about alts, so the main downside for me is that I spent all my orbs on the Legendary Banner. Still no S. Tana. Oh well! That's just how it goes sometimes.

Still, reading through the salt can be amusing...

14 hours ago, Shimmerfang said:

I actually really like this banner. The art is all lovely, and m!Corrin finally has a dragonstone. Even though Radiant Dawn is my favorite game, I don't actually mind that this banner came first. After all, the main characters I wanted are already in (Micaiah/Sothe). Also, it's great now that we finally have permanent pool Candlelight as well as a new way to fight Fighter skills. 

I think we're in the minority here! But, yeah, the art is really nice, although I do think m!Corrin cosplaying as Azura is a bit strange looking.

14 hours ago, Florete said:

I know everyone hates the banner but the art is pretty nice. Imo this is the best-looking FCorrin and Camilla yet.

They do look quite nice! I'll probably do what little pulling I can in hopes of grabbing either of those.

13 hours ago, Motendra said:

I've been meaning to say this for a while now, but I just wanna say that you devotion to Camilla despite everything thrown at her at ever turn is honestly really admirable. Kudos to you, good sir

I agree! I like it when people are unabashed fans of the characters they like, even when the community around them tends not to be so fond of the character. Of course, there's also the benefit of Camilla being an IS favorite, since now she's up to 5 alts. Meanwhile, Minerva and the Whitewings only have Spring Catria as an alt. But, as is the theme in this banner, one can dream!

13 hours ago, Alkaid said:

So have I, but if anyone's going to shit on people for the characters they like they're the ones with the problem anyway. Can't let that get to you.

I like Peri too and hope she gets an alt some day, and you can imagine how well that would go over with most in the community.

Peri happens to be one of my favorite characters from Fates. I know how that tends to go!

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fallen Hardin is Hardin acting under I'm-not-sure-who's agency, but certainly not Book 1 Hardin's.

If I had to guess, I’d say Gharnef since he was the one who exposed Hardin to the Darksphere in the first place IIRC. That, and I’m not sure if Medeus (the other candidate) was already resurrected again by the time Hardin turned.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fallen Robin is Robin's body acting under Grima's agency.

Fallen Celica is Celica's body acting under Duma's agency.

Fallen Takumi is Takumi's body acting under Anankos's agency.

All of whom actually appeared prior to Heroes in their own games.

You know evil dragons are a thing when you read this. Gharnef was collabing with Medeus, despite Gharni doing the deed himself, so Medi is kinda responsible as Hardin was a key to their plans

Edited by silveraura25
my sentence structure messed up

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are in total 5 versions of Lyn, including her original version

...of which I have all BUT the OG one lol.

Camilla looks elegant here, even more so than her New Year incarnation. Mikoto's staff is otherwise a welcome addition, if not a little outshined by Brave Veronica's staff and Halloween Mia's WAHnd.

I get to save orbs, pretty much, as I'm not very much invested in any of the characters.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

All of whom actually appeared in these forms in their own prior to Heroes.

Which is irrelevant. I could make the exact same argument that "Fallen Heroes" must necessarily only contain unmounted characters, characters with at least 2 vowels and 3 consonants in their name, characters that glow purple in their artwork, etc.

The absolute minimum thing these characters have in common that make them distinct from other characters and banners is that they're not under their own agency.

There is zero reason to assume that there are additional limitations because any number of additional limitations are entirely arbitrary. Saying "all of them are canon" is exactly as correct and exactly as valid as saying "all of them are unmounted" or "all of them glow purple" for what we currently know about the original banner.

Ha, yeah, the track record of previous months banners compared to this one definitely feels like a relapse of some kind. I guess you could say Owain is an alt of Odin, but let's not bully Fates/Awakening any more than necessary. 

Seeing as how this banner is clearly a Special Banner with "New" slapped in front of it, imagine this marking the end of seasonal banners. And tonight's broadcast announces that everything is in the normal summoning pool. Now FCorin's "Night has fallen" delivery can be redeemed. There's no other way I can forgive that, tbh.

This game has made me dread seeing another Camilla alt. I still like her, and I certainly will continue using her vanilla form, but I really hate how her last two alts were pretty much just her being shoehorned into the theme. Also, two Corrins, one banner. I get that it's the different genders, but was that really needed? Also, another Azura alt...

When was the last time I was excited for this game... When did Maribelle come out?

34 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Ha, yeah, the track record of previous months banners compared to this one definitely feels like a relapse of some kind. I guess you could say Owain is an alt of Odin, but let's not bully Fates/Awakening any more than necessary. 

Seeing as how this banner is clearly a Special Banner with "New" slapped in front of it, imagine this marking the end of seasonal banners. And tonight's broadcast announces that everything is in the normal summoning pool. Now FCorin's "Night has fallen" delivery can be redeemed. There's no other way I can forgive that, tbh.

If this happens the summoning pool would be bloated too much... not without demoting like 50+chars to the 3-4 Star pool and even then the 3-4 Star pool is bloated... Not sure if summoning then makes sense with all those pity breakers around

This banner has no effort in it. They just shoehorned 2 Dragons for the sake of shoehorning 2 dragons with exclusiv skills so people pull. And Camilla makes even less sense in this banner

I would be excited for this Banner if it was (and it would make much much much more sense):
Arete, Mounted Healer with an Legendary Stave having smoke daggers effect
Mikoto, Infantry Healer with an exclusiv Damage Special skill to her (the 1. Damaging Healing skill)
Sumeragi, Red Flyer with Ganglari
Lilith, as a Blue Dragon or so

Edited by Hilda

32 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Seeing as how this banner is clearly a Special Banner with "New" slapped in front of it,

You can say the same about Fallen Heroes, and we know that ended up as a standard banner despite being themed alts.

Assuming they stick with last year's seasonal schedule, we're not due for another seasonal banner until the Christmas banner.

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

Feels like a bad reaction to women in general, if you put it that way.

Yup.  Did you know we have 4 Xanders and 4 Takumi?  Oh yeah and none of those are CYL, so really IS is responsible for the same amount of versions of those characters as Lyn and Lucina.  However was there even one complaint about them?  Can't recall, no one cared.  I'd like to also point out another bias is in old vs new characters, the 3rd Hector was complained about a lot even though one of his versions is CYL.  Hey he's from a pre 3ds game though so those aren't allowed alts I guess.  

Now the problem is with female characters it isn't just the number of alts that are complained about, it goes into character bashing as well as bashing people who like the character.  There is a lot of discussion as to 'is this character worthy'.  I mean just with Legendary Eirika the main character of FE8, even moreso than Ephraim who did get a legendary version, there was a big thing about her being dumb naive and not doing anything legendary.  However with Ryoma who is just one of the many royals in the game, not a main character, who didn't do any legendary feats there was not a single comment of his 'worthiness'.  There was no character bashing either.  There is no equivalent as to what Camilla gets or was it Kagero with 'walking sack of tits' ever thrown towards any male character.  Oh yeah Kagero, remember all the complaints about her getting her 3rd version, oh why does this bland insignificant character get another alt?  So yeah definitely a ton of bias going on which is pretty disgusting.  

@Cute Chao SMT is the bomb!  The dark atmosphere, various mythologies/religions, demon negotion, the incredible press turn system with smirk/partner system in the latest entry just amazing, and the many horror elements.  I like Persona too but I much prefer SMT, it is sad that even though SMT is the MAIN series it is definitely the lesser property and priority for Atlus compared to Persona.  Persona is much more mainstream and closer to what the JRPG formula is.  SMT has always been experimental and way out there, and not everyone likes that I guess.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can say the same about Fallen Heroes, and we know that ended up as a standard banner despite being themed alts.

Assuming they stick with last year's seasonal schedule, we're not due for another seasonal banner until the Christmas banner.

The Fallen Heroes banner made though much more sense and was in my eyes an actual Banner and exciting, They were alts, but then again also not alts for me so I was fine with it. This Banner is... I dont even know what to say, its a pile of crap. It would have made much more sense to include Mikoto, Arete, Sumeragi and Lilith. It feels really really really sloppy and like they dont even give a crap anymore.

I even would have been ok with a Fallen Heroes Banner Part 2.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Now the problem is with female characters it isn't just the number of alts that are complained about, it goes into character bashing as well as bashing people who like the character.  There is a lot of discussion as to 'is this character worthy'.  I mean just with Legendary Eirika the main character of FE8, even moreso than Ephraim who did get a legendary version, there was a big thing about her being dumb naive and not doing anything legendary.  However with Ryoma who is just one of the many royals in the game, not a main character, who didn't do any legendary feats there was not a single comment of his 'worthiness'.  There was no character bashing either.  There is no equivalent as to what Camilla gets or was it Kagero with 'walking sack of tits' ever thrown towards any male character.  Oh yeah Kagero, remember all the complaints about her getting her 3rd version, oh why does this bland insignificant character get another alt?  So yeah definitely a ton of bias going on which is pretty disgusting. 

There is a difference between Alts in Seasonals and Alts in General Banners. I dont count the Fallen heroes banners as Alts, to me they are entirely different characters because they personality is totally different.

This new Banner is just lazy and Camilla was just shoehorned in. You can turn it around how you want. But Arete Sumeragi Mikoto and Lilith would make alot more sense in this banner then shoehorning a "sack of tits" as an alt. I dont mind alts for seaonsals (even though some are getting way to many), but if you got 3 alts for a seasonal and then get another alt on a regular banner thats just lazy and clear sign that they want to "milk" money.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

It feels really really really sloppy and like they dont even give a crap anymore.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible they had all of the assets ready for this banner for a long time and haven't had the chance to release them, so they decided "well, fuck it" and put them out now knowing that it's going to be a divisive decision.

Especially now since they're pretty much stuck releasing only Paralogues until Book 3 comes out.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

There is a difference between Alts in Seasonals and Alts in General Banners. I dont count the Fallen heroes banners as Alts, to me they are entirely different characters because they personality is totally different.

This new Banner is just lazy and Camilla was just shoehorned in. You can turn it around how you want. But Arete Sumeragi Mikoto and Lilith would make alot more sense in this banner then shoehorning a "sack of tits" as an alt. I dont mind alts for seaonsals (even though some are getting way to many), but if you got 3 alts for a seasonal and then get another alt on a regular banner thats just lazy and clear sign that they want to "milk" money.

My first post in this thread outlined why I thought this was the worst banner in the history of the game, so I am no fan of the units chosen or the theme or what they bring to the table (other than the anti follow up skill, being able to dump speed without repercussion is just dumb).  

No doubt it is money milking.  As a Valla theme banner it makes no sense for Camilla to be on it.  I was also among the ones that thought it was clear money milking on the NY Hoshido banner, Camilla is a Nohr princess and yes they put 'holiday traveler' to somewhat justify it however really it should have been Hinoka. However Hinoka isn't as popular so they threw Camilla on there.  

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The Fallen Heroes banner made though much more sense and was in my eyes an actual Banner and exciting, They were alts, but then again also not alts for me so I was fine with it. This Banner is... I dont even know what to say, its a pile of crap. It would have made much more sense to include Mikoto, Arete, Sumeragi and Lilith. It feels really really really sloppy and like they dont even give a crap anymore.

I even would have been ok with a Fallen Heroes Banner Part 2.

There is no point making this banner if there isn't Corrin in my opinion. And I really think they worked really hard for this banner. It feels like this is a game event, and not just "Now I can summon someone else, yeah !". Lilith is with Idunn the character that I want the most in heroes, but she makes no sense: It's the dream horror from Anankos, and her daughter betrayed him before and will prefer to die than coming back with him.  Arete make sense,

Spoiler

but Sumeragi? He's not related to Vaillite or Corrin. He's not the father. Camilla makes much more sense than him because she acted like a mother for Corrin when they didn't have one in Nohr.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

As a Valla theme banner it makes no sense for Camilla to be on it

Check what I have said previously.

Edited by Drakhis

FFS, I complained about the four Xander the four Takumi the four (is it four, can't even remember) Hector, as well as the five Lyn and Lucina and Camila. YES, THERE WAS "EVEN ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM".

This is just getting stupid. I do think there was more of an outrage towards some of the female characters like Lyn and Lucina and Camilla, but it's completely disingenuous to act like EVERYONE was COMPLETELY FINE with guy characters getting four alts.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Weeelll, the Fallen Heroes are canonical representations of characters. But I don't see a use in splitting hairs.

31 minutes ago, Hilda said:

If this happens the summoning pool would be bloated too much... not without demoting like 50+chars to the 3-4 Star pool and even then the 3-4 Star pool is bloated... Not sure if summoning then makes sense with all those pity breakers around

Hell yeah, now I'm even more into the idea. 

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

FFS, I complained about the four Xander the four Takumi the four (is it four, can't even remember) Hector, as well as the five Lyn and Lucina and Camila. YES, THERE WAS "EVEN ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM".

This is just getting stupid. I do think there was more of an outrage towards some of the female characters like Lyn and Lucina and Camilla, but it's completely disingenuous to act like EVERYONE was COMPLETELY FINE with guy characters getting four alts.

Yes there were others that complained, but it was very few compared to the legions with Lyn and Lucina oh and Camilla whenever she gets an alt or is mentioned in any form.