Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, can I just say how much I LOVE THIS STORY. OH MAN. I JUST- *continues to freak out wordlessly*

I want to express myself but I just can't find the words. The inner turmoil of Alfonse, the meaning behind the words in the song (man, I was so close to pinning their meaning!) The conflict between both Alfonses- I just can't- I LOVE THIS STORY MY GOODNES.

Damn. If Líf makes it to CYL, then that means Alfonse is not getting one since they are technically the same people.

But yeah, I would lose my sanity too if my loved ones died like that.

And yeah, Hel is definitely going to experience the terror of the Thunder Fist and the Thunder Sword combo just like Surtr. Touching Kiran's waifu is a big no-no.

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm happy Veronica is back and as grumpy as ever! 

I think she might be a tsundere. I get the feeling that Sharena might be able to warm Veronica up and get her to be more sociable.

6 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Lol I got a warning for putting the song up. Apparently sharing a song featured in the chapter is considered spamming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is weird. I hope the mods can undo it or solve it.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think she might be a tsundere. I get the feeling that Sharena might be able to warm Veronica up and get her to be more sociable.

Hmm, I don't know the exact definition of the word, but Veronica also liked to play with her heroes like dolls and seems rather low on visible emotions most of the time. No idea if warming up works with the blood curse either (hey Bruno, get your work done already!). 

I think it's strange how Loki changed Veronicas point of view so fast. First she was all "lets sit and watch how Hel does my dirty work" and suddenly Askir becomes the lesser evil to her?

8 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Lol I got a warning for putting the song up. Apparently sharing a song featured in the chapter is considered spamming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uh, really? I would assume the OST being a part of the story experience.

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

seems rather low on visible emotions most of the time

Maybe kuudere?

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hmm, I don't know the exact definition of the word, but Veronica also liked to play with her heroes like dolls and seems rather low on visible emotions most of the time. No idea if warming up works with the blood curse either (hey Bruno, get your work done already!). 

I think it's strange how Loki changed Veronicas point of view so fast. First she was all "lets sit and watch how Hel does my dirty work" and suddenly Askir becomes the lesser evil to her?

Nothing changed. From the beginning, she was concerned about Embla getting invaded too.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe kuudere?

Haha, there is a wiki for this stuff? 

I don't know if this fits for Veronica either. She isn't cynical in my opinion and who knows if she really hides deep emotions? 

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Nothing changed. From the beginning, she was concerned about Embla getting invaded too.

She was concerned, but I remotely remember she wanted to wait if Hel gets rid of Askir for her. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, there is a wiki for this stuff? 

I don't know if this fits for Veronica either. She isn't cynical in my opinion and who knows if she really hides deep emotions? 

There is like a wiki for almost everything.

Hm... I do not know any other dere types. Maybe she will be the first of Embladere.

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

17 hours ago, XRay said:

Maybe kuudere?

If there’s anything I am fairly knowledgeable on it’s dere types and I can tell you right now with the way Veronica is presented she’s kinda like a fusion of a mayadere and a kuudere with maybe a dash of himedere(It could also be kamidere not sure though) She’s rather cold and emotionally stunted so she fits that description of a Kuudere and as for Mayadere. Essentially a Mayadere is a villain turned “good” out of love for the main character. Often characterized as somewhat harsh but sweet, they are very similar to tsunderes in personality. What separates them from tsunderes is that they’re a tad more sadistic, unpredictable, and deadly. I’d say Veronica fits that description well enough wouldn’t you

Edited by Ottservia

On 7/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Really hoping that, now that Lif's story is out in the open, we really get Thrasir info next. Should be time for it now that Veronica has finally joined the frey.

I agree with this. While the story is really cool so far, it'd be ruined if IS just forgot Thrasir existed and stuff.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree with this. While the story is really cool so far, it'd be ruined if IS just forgot Thrasir existed and stuff.

It'd be especially nice if Veronica and Thrasir got their own CG scene too.

But I won't hold my breath. They probably used the whole budget on the last one. 😄

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Essentially a Mayadere is a villain turned “good” out of love for the main character. 

I'm not familiar with those vocables, but I don't remember Veronica (story Vero, not brave Vero) saying anything positive about the summoner. The rest fits, I think. 

The only one who can convince to fully colaborate with Askr and do an alliance with them is either Veronica herself (Thrasir) or Bruno. Considering Thrasir had no character development at all, I bet she will reflect to Veronica what will happen if she doesnt work with the Askrtrio. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Considering Thrasir had no character development at all, I bet she will reflect to Veronica what will happen if she doesnt work with the Askrtrio. 

Sounds reasonable, provided Thrasir is older Veronica. Watch her being older resurrected Sharena in trade for Gustav's life. 

• 2 weeks later...

Admittedly, I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter.

We got Thrasir focus as I wanted, but as I feared, it really feels like they just threw her in there for kicks. Compared to all the info they gave on Lif, Thrasir came off as kind of rushed and lackluster. Didn't even get all that much talk between her and Veronica.

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Admittedly, I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter.

We got Thrasir focus as I wanted, but as I feared, it really feels like they just threw her in there for kicks. Compared to all the info they gave on Lif, Thrasir came off as kind of rushed and lackluster. Didn't even get all that much talk between her and Veronica.

Maybe we get more. I mean Bruno is supposed to be in a Banner right After CYL 3 because he was very popular and all the other ones that were allready got included. He is basicly the 1. male that follows that isnt in the game yet followed by Lif. (the female side is a bit trickier Awekening Anna should be in the Banner with Lif and Bruno and then ... FEH Anna, who is allready in the game lol so we jump to place 35 which is Thrasir, because everyone else is allready in)

I would not be surprised to see Lif Bruno Thrasir and (Awekenign) Anna come up in a banner. They could place that Anna basicly as the Anna of Lif and Thrasir or something like that.

Mostly excited for Bruno though *_*, Them Abs are comeing home!! (and I can start to build my Embla Team with Loki and Brave Veronica, no offense but spring Bruno had Abs, but his statline is very garbage as a tanky healer lol, Azama does the job ALOT better)

Edited by Hilda

I thought the lack of much conversation was in-character. Veronica never liked Kiran (in book 1, she was quite intent on killing him), so why would she express much around him/her sworn enemies the Askrans? We got more than I thought we would, what with Thrasir talking about how she's trying to save her brother. So, Lif wants his sister, Thrasir wants her brother. That was the most interesting thing I noticed.

As for Veronica/Thrasir, they're not that interesting anyway (imo.) Veronica's a snob with a quiet voice who has a split personality (overly little girl mentality trying to make up for the dark god who possesses her sometimes) and her grown-up self, though more mature (thank goodness) and focused (goal: rescue bro) she's still stuck on "I don't care about you" pretenses ("I don't care about anything; you're doomed to fail" vs "I hold out hope that one day I can save my brother and the rest of Embla.") She has a repelling personality (like, she will choose not to say anything in order to make you go away and leave her alone) and a narrow focus (blah blah kill Kiran blah blah kill Askrans blah blah tea party) and is, at least to me, wholley uninteresting because of who she is, not how she's written or how much screen time she gets. Get a still image of her glaring lightly at the camera and stare at it for as long as you like and it'll amount to about the same thing as her getting more screen time, especially since she has nothing to say to the summoner apart from "die."

As can probably be ascertained, it's a mystery to me how she has a fanbase at all, let alone be voted for enough in CYL to get a brave alt. I'm not complaining, though. If people like her, cool. I'll just be over here being indifferent. The only reason I'm speaking up is because people are complaining about her getting so little screen time when I can't really think about much else she would realistically say. (In short, I'm giving the opinion that it was done right, except for wondering why she'd bring up Dead Bruno. That seems like something she'd keep to herself, not talk about around her enemies and her younger self...who is kind of an enemy right now, too. Especially if she feels nothing towards younger Veronica, as she claims, which seems to be straightforward and honest given her actions, personality, and phrasing.)

• 1 month later...

Okay, I really liked this chapter. The opening scene with Lif and Thrasir made me feel a lot better about the last chapter. Seeing them with a little semblance of peace was nice to see, and something I hope pays dividends eventually with their younger selves in Heroes.

Eir's mid-chapter scene was completely pointless though. All it did was regurgitate stuff we already knew. Hopefully her plot kicks into gear soon since I imagine she still doesn't have all her memories.

Quite the ending though. The conversation with Alfonse and Lif was pretty interesting, and left us with quite the cliffhanger.

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Okay, I really liked this chapter. The opening scene with Lif and Thrasir made me feel a lot better about the last chapter. Seeing them with a little semblance of peace was nice to see, and something I hope pays dividends eventually with their younger selves in Heroes.

Eir's mid-chapter scene was completely pointless though. All it did was regurgitate stuff we already knew. Hopefully her plot kicks into gear soon since I imagine she still doesn't have all her memories.

Quite the ending though. The conversation with Alfonse and Lif was pretty interesting, and left us with quite the cliffhanger.

Agreed! Everything with the OCs was fantastic and I can only hope Shareena and Anna get half the development Alfonse has gotten in Book 4 and beyond. This would have seemed crazy a year ago, but I genuinely can't wait to see what happens next!!

This chapter was very good and gave a much-needed development to Thrasir's character. With how things are shaping up to be, I can't imagine that Book 3 would result in anything less than a defeat for Alphonse & co. If the number of chapters present in other books are anything to go by and unless they shoehorn the last 2 chapters, I personally would not mind that. 

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

I noticed on the last map of the recent chapter that Líf’s kit is a direct upgrade on Alfonse’s, and I love that.

Wait, what? I'll have to go back and look at that, that's awesome!

55 minutes ago, Bleachya43vier said:

This chapter was very good and gave a much-needed development to Thrasir's character. With how things are shaping up to be, I can't imagine that Book 3 would result in anything less than a defeat for Alphonse & co. If the number of chapters present in other books are anything to go by and unless they shoehorn the last 2 chapters, I personally would not mind that. 

So you're expecting a cliffhanger ending? That could happen. I think they could still make an engaging finale within Book 3 if they really tried though. Maybe. It depends on what Eir does - maybe she'll refuse to abandon yet another Alfonse & Sharena?

1 hour ago, Bleachya43vier said:

I have a feeling that Book 3 will last longer then Book 2