Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I can't believe it.

I have reached Tier 27

Not sure if it's because of me or because Legendary Leif bonus is that dumb.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somehow powered my way up to T24, one match away from T25. Meanwhile my F2P account made it to T26 on account of actually having L!Leif~

Midori has worked pretty well in 2/3 matches I had to use her in so far, especially now that I have B!Lucina~ I'm looking forward to her Bonus Week~

~~~~

New Season, new me~

Hilariously, I forgot to put my Ladder back out~ First match was fairly easy, though so it didn't matter but I bet my opponent probably thinks I'm pathetic and already lost them all.

Edited by Landmaster

Meanwhile, I still lose almost every battle in Astra weeks. I lose a few on occasion during Light weeks too, but not nearly as many. I will never understand how players score high consistently no matter what week it is, especially without spending a lot of money to build completely decked out +10 units or something. I've tried building units specifically for AR in Astra weeks, but they don't work well enough. There is no answer for me. I would just like one silver throne and one gold one, I don't need to keep getting them. But it somehow isn't possible, even on Light weeks. I can sometimes sit in the range of getting a silver throne, only for my rank to drop too low on the last day. I have no idea what I could do to prevent that.

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Meanwhile, I still lose almost every battle in Astra weeks. I lose a few on occasion during Light weeks too, but not nearly as many. I will never understand how players score high consistently no matter what week it is, especially without spending a lot of money to build completely decked out +10 units or something. I've tried building units specifically for AR in Astra weeks, but they don't work well enough. There is no answer for me. I would just like one silver throne and one gold one, I don't need to keep getting them. But it somehow isn't possible, even on Light weeks. I can sometimes sit in the range of getting a silver throne, only for my rank to drop too low on the last day. I have no idea what I could do to prevent that.

Light weeks are far more competitive than Astra weeks.

To get a Gold Throne on Astra, you will need to have no deaths on matches that matter (1 or 2 might be okay, but better not risk it), you can only miss up to 2 Aether Structures, you will need two Mythics, and you will need a bonus unit. You will also ideally want at least 2 defense wins (best accomplished in the first 2 or 3 days of the season with a cheap cav line or semi cav line), and have a lot of your losses be mitigated for the rest of the week (you want to switch to a loss mitigation team).

For Light weeks, I assume the requirements are much more stringent, where you cannot afford any deaths, you will need 2 or 3 Mythics, you will need a bonus unit, but you can still miss up to 2 Aether Structures. You will also need a much stronger defense as well prevent more Lift loss.

For Astra, you need to aim for Tier 27 or very high Tier 26. For Light, I assume Tier 27 is probably mandatory to have a chance at winning a Gold Throne.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Light weeks are far more competitive than Astra weeks.

To get a Gold Throne on Astra, you will need to have no deaths on matches that matter (1 or 2 might be okay, but better not risk it), you can only miss up to 2 Aether Structures, you will need two Mythics, and you will need a bonus unit. You will also ideally want at least 2 defense wins (best accomplished in the first 2 or 3 days of the season with a cheap cav line or semi cav line), and have a lot of your losses be mitigated for the rest of the week (you want to switch to a loss mitigation team).

For Light weeks, I assume the requirements are much more stringent, where you cannot afford any deaths, you will need 2 or 3 Mythics, you will need a bonus unit, but you can still miss up to 2 Aether Structures. You will also need a much stronger defense as well prevent more Lift loss.

For Astra, you need to aim for Tier 27 or very high Tier 26. For Light, I assume Tier 27 is probably mandatory to have a chance at winning a Gold Throne.

I guess a gold throne is out of the question for me for awhile then. I don't have three Light or three Astra mythics and I always have several deaths. Silver throne, maybe not. I have gotten into that range, as I'd said, my rank just ends up dropping too low right before the season ends. I would just need to find out how to stop that from happening. But as I'd also said, I have no idea how.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess a gold throne is out of the question for me for awhile then. I don't have three Light or three Astra mythics and I always have several deaths. Silver throne, maybe not. I have gotten into that range, as I'd said, my rank just ends up dropping too low right before the season ends. I would just need to find out how to stop that from happening. But as I'd also said, I have no idea how.

Astra should doable with just 2 Mythics. I used 2 to get my Gold Throne. For Light, I think 2 will be okay too, although 3 would definitely help with scoring more, although I am not sure if it is necessary.

You will also need to bring a bonus unit to maximize score.

— — — — — — —

If you want to improve your game play, make sure you are missing only 2 or less Aether Structures. Missing 3 Aether Structures is the equivalent of having 8 deaths. 

As for deaths, I would focus on minimizing deaths first rather than having no deaths. To achieve deathless or a low death count, you need a consistent team or two, and you need to practice using using your teams a lot. I have been using and practicing with my Kronya team even during Light season.

— — — — — — —

For your situation specifically, since you already have BH!Ike at +10+10, I recommend emulating the video I shared a while back where BH!Ike has 3 Peonys and 1 BH!Lucina for support. And also give BH!Ike Close Call and Pulse Smoke. Make sure you keep practicing with the team a lot, and if you do not mind losing a bit of resources on Astra, practice using your Light team during Astra weeks too so you do not get rusty; the extra challenge on Astra weeks would also better prepare you for Light weeks. And once Peony comes around to being a bonus unit, that would be your chance for a Gold Throne during Light season.

I would try to do this as soon as possible since we do not know when the developers might heavily nerf BH!Ike with a unit or skill that completely nullifies percentile damage mitigation.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Astra should doable with just 2 Mythics. I used 2 to get my Gold Throne. For Light, I think 2 will be okay too, although 3 would definitely help with scoring more, although I am not sure if it is necessary.

You will also need to bring a bonus unit to maximize score.

— — — — — — —

If you want to improve your game play, make sure you are missing only 2 or less Aether Structures. Missing 3 Aether Structures is the equivalent of having 8 deaths. 

As for deaths, I would focus on minimizing deaths first rather than having no deaths. To achieve deathless or a low death count, you need a consistent team or two, and you need to practice using using your teams a lot. I have been using and practicing with my Kronya team even during Light season.

— — — — — — —

For your situation specifically, since you already have BH!Ike at +10+10, I recommend emulating the video I shared a while back where BH!Ike has 3 Peonys and 1 BH!Lucina for support. And also give BH!Ike Close Call and Pulse Smoke. Make sure you keep practicing with the team a lot, and if you do not mind losing a bit of resources on Astra, practice using your Light team during Astra weeks too so you do not get rusty; the extra challenge on Astra weeks would also better prepare you for Light weeks. And once Peony comes around to being a bonus unit, that would be your chance for a Gold Throne during Light season.

I would try to do this as soon as possible since we do not know when the developers might heavily nerf BH!Ike with a unit or skill that completely nullifies percentile damage mitigation.

I know I need a bonus unit, that's obvious. I always bring one.

I can't do what that video says, I don't have multiple Peonys, nor do I have that fodder. You'll have to suggest something else.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I can't do what that video says, I don't have multiple Peonys, nor do I have that fodder. You'll have to suggest something else.

That is best suggestion I can offer. I do not think there is a solution that is both cheap and easy for getting a Gold Throne.

If you are already spending a lot on merges on all the Ikes, I would try to go a little further and give BH!Ike a proper skill kit and teammates. Distant Counter, Close Call, Pulse Smoke, 1 BH!Lucina, and 2 extra Peonys are six 5* exclusive units, about slightly more than half the cost it takes to get any unit to +10.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is best suggestion I can offer. I do not think there is a solution that is both cheap and easy for getting a Gold Throne.

If you are already spending a lot on merges on all the Ikes, I would try to go a little further and give BH!Ike a proper skill kit and teammates. Distant Counter, Close Call, Pulse Smoke, 1 BH!Lucina, and 2 extra Peonys are six 5* exclusive units, about slightly more than half the cost it takes to get any unit to +10.

And Brave Ike already has DC and I have Brave Lucina too. But that's all I've got out of what you're listing.

I did say getting a gold throne was out of the question right now, but a silver throne shouldn't be.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And Brave Ike already has DC and I have Brave Lucina too. But that's all I've got out of what you're listing.

I did say getting a gold throne was out of the question right now, but a silver throne shouldn't be.

That is good. You are already a third of the way there for a Gold Throne.

As for a Silver Throne, you do not need a bonus unit for it during Astra Season, not sure about Light Season but I think it is doable without it. You have to figure out for yourself whether the increase in score justifies making the team harder to use. For me personally, lugging around a bonus unit is not worth the increase in score since I cannot guarantee that I will win as often if I bring a bonus unit.

You still want minimal deaths though, although it is much more lenient. You probably still do not want to miss out on more than 2 Aether Structures though, cause that is like 8 deaths. If you are trying to go for Silver Throne on Astra though, I think it is definitely okay to miss like 5 Aether Structures if I did my math right.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I think it has been said before, but the reason for the rapid dropping is that most folks wait until the very end of the season to burn all their aether. So are you are going to see the competitive types gaining something like 600-700 lift on the last day. So you have to have that much padding to stay in. Sadly there is not a lot of data collection from what I have seen. So it is hard to tell you where the cutoff will be for each season. But reddit does have this as an ongoing thing.

Silver throne is top 6k and looking through the comments a lift of 12943 was just within the cutoff at rank 5755 with 20 minutes left. So if you want to avoid dropping out aiming for a final score of at least 12950 lift seems to be a good goal, though it looks like hitting at least Tier 26 would be ideal just to be safe. As for gold throne it is looking like 13400 or so at least gives a chance. Hard to tell due to lack of data and there was no one in that thread that barely squeaked into top 3k. But as you can see the competition is rather fierce for those top 6k ranks. A mere few hundred lift will make or break you. Basically Silver is Tier 26 and Gold is Tier 27 as a kind of a rough estimation.

It isn't an easy thing to reach gold and a lot of us just don't bother to try. Silver is a bit more doable, but even there competition is stiff. Hopefully this will give you a target to aim at rather than just kinda aimless and then being disappointed at falling out right at the end. Tier 26 is doable but you can't afford much in the way of mistakes. Particularly if your defense is getting hammered.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

What are the units you use in Astra seasons for Offensive?

And how is your Defensive results going?

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The secret is to have TECH units if you can't make different teamcomps. As strong as Brave Ike and Brave Lucina are, sometimes simply pressing End Turn and enemy phase isn't the best approach.

The problem is that you can't really have a TECH unit in a Ike-Lucina comp (unless it's a Mythic Bonus week). So if you want the bonus points, you might need to make the other  4 team slots as the same team except Lucina is replaced by a TECH unit.

Also, I notice a few issues with your current Brave Ike, you can take them in consideration:

Special Spiral: Special Spiral is a dead B skill on a Ike-Lucina combo. The whole point is to have him get his Aether on every single engage. If you cannot give him Close Call or Null-C Disrupt, at least sacrifice a spare Morgan and give him Dull Range or Dull Close from Cormag.

Infantry Pulse: Another dead C skill on this teamcomp since it doesn't affect him and he doesn't need it anyway. The problem is if I remember correctly, you both have a 10+ Kaze and Summer Flora right? Attack Smoke would work wonder on him so try to summon another Kaze if you can.

Bad boon: This is probably the least problematic issue but the boon isn't necessery, he already has damage reduction anyway. +Attack or +Speed would be better.

Your Brave Lucina's build: This might be another issue, can you tell me what are her skills?

Keep Quick Riposte on his seal, it's perfect for him.

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is good. You are already a third of the way there for a Gold Throne.

As for a Silver Throne, you do not need a bonus unit for it during Astra Season, not sure about Light Season but I think it is doable without it. You have to figure out for yourself whether the increase in score justifies making the team harder to use. For me personally, lugging around a bonus unit is not worth the increase in score since I cannot guarantee that I will win as often if I bring a bonus unit.

You still want minimal deaths though, although it is much more lenient. You probably still do not want to miss out on more than 2 Aether Structures though, cause that is like 8 deaths. If you are trying to go for Silver Throne on Astra though, I think it is definitely okay to miss like 5 Aether Structures if I did my math right.

I see. Avoiding deaths and getting the Aether structures are the biggest issues for me though, I think. I'm not a highly skilled player, and most of the time, people put their Aether structures in the very back of their maps where they're harder to get to. I don't know why, it isn't like that does anything for them.

26 minutes ago, Usana said:

I think it has been said before, but the reason for the rapid dropping is that most folks wait until the very end of the season to burn all their aether. So are you are going to see the competitive types gaining something like 600-700 lift on the last day. So you have to have that much padding to stay in. Sadly there is not a lot of data collection from what I have seen. So it is hard to tell you where the cutoff will be for each season. But reddit does have this as an ongoing thing.

Silver throne is top 6k and looking through the comments a lift of 12943 was just within the cutoff at rank 5755 with 20 minutes left. So if you want to avoid dropping out aiming for a final score of at least 12950 lift seems to be a good goal, though it looks like hitting at least Tier 26 would be ideal just to be safe. As for gold throne it is looking like 13400 or so at least gives a chance. Hard to tell due to lack of data and there was no one in that thread that barely squeaked into top 3k. But as you can see the competition is rather fierce for those top 6k ranks. A mere few hundred lift will make or break you. Basically Silver is Tier 26 and Gold is Tier 27 as a kind of a rough estimation.

It isn't an easy thing to reach gold and a lot of us just don't bother to try. Silver is a bit more doable, but even there competition is stiff. Hopefully this will give you a target to aim at rather than just kinda aimless and then being disappointed at falling out right at the end. Tier 26 is doable but you can't afford much in the way of mistakes. Particularly if your defense is getting hammered.

Yeah, and I've tried to do something similar to that myself to get my score as high as possible, but I can't seem to do it right or something.

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What are the units you use in Astra seasons for Offensive?

And how is your Defensive results going?

I've been trying to use +10 Hawkeye as a sort of budget Brave Ike, but he's not quite as effective, of course. But he has been able to tank a lot of blue units as well as some green. I also use Christmas Sothis because she's also very mixed tanky and comes with DC. Then I stick Altina and Naga in there, though lately I've sometimes been leaving Naga out in favor of a refresher. And the last unit is a bonus unit.

I don't really get many defensive results with my Dark defense team. That one loses a lot. But really, I'm just trying to minimize the amount of lift can lose, not get a lot of wins. My Anima team does pretty decently though.

16 minutes ago, Nym said:

The secret is to have TECH units if you can't make different teamcomps. As strong as Brave Ike and Brave Lucina are, sometimes simply pressing End Turn and enemy phase isn't the best approach.

The problem is that you can't really have a TECH unit in a Ike-Lucina comp (unless it's a Mythic Bonus week). So if you want the bonus points, you might need to make the other  4 team slots as the same team except Lucina is replaced by a TECH unit.

Also, I notice a few issues with your current Brave Ike, you can take them in consideration:

Special Spiral: Special Spiral is a dead B skill on a Ike-Lucina combo. The whole point is to have him get his Aether on every single engage. If you cannot give him Close Call or Null-C Disrupt, at least sacrifice a spare Morgan and give him Dull Range or Dull Close from Cormag.

Infantry Pulse: Another dead C skill on this teamcomp since it doesn't affect him and he doesn't need it anyway. The problem is if I remember correctly, you both have a 10+ Kaze and Summer Flora right? Attack Smoke would work wonder on him so try to summon another Kaze if you can.

Bad boon: This is probably the least problematic issue but the boon isn't necessery, he already has damage reduction anyway. +Attack or +Speed would be better.

Your Brave Lucina's build: This might be another issue, can you tell me what are her skills?

Keep Quick Riposte on his seal, it's perfect for him.

Thing is, this would only help me on Light weeks since that's where I use Brave Ike. My troubles are much more often in Astra weeks.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. Avoiding deaths and getting the Aether structures are the biggest issues for me though, I think. I'm not a highly skilled player, and most of the time, people put their Aether structures in the very back of their maps where they're harder to get to. I don't know why, it isn't like that does anything for them.

Putting it in the back helps reduce the competition for scoring if the offensive player misses it.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My troubles are much more often in Astra weeks.

I recommend just focusing on one week and not worry about the other week as long as you can maintain Tier 21. I do not care how bad I score during Light season since I know I can always maintain Tier 21 even if I get a loss or two after using all my Ladders (O). For the past several months now, I have been scoring around Tier 22, and Tier 23 on occasion, on Light weeks since I use that time to practice for Astra season.

Edited by XRay

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thing is, this would only help me on Light weeks since that's where I use Brave Ike. My troubles are much more often in Astra weeks.

One week ago, I noticed my astra galeforce team sucked really badly. And it's not just because Galeforce is really hard to use, but the units weren't as good as the Light team one on an already very difficult season.

You know what I did? I swapped their blessings.

They still aren't as good but trust me, both Eir and Peony's presence are enough to make a difference.

If your Hawkeye can't compete in Astra, swap him to Light and make TECH units around him. He will appreciate a dancer and TECH units more than Brave Ike and Lucina, plus Altina will increase Ike's attack.

Especially if you give Double Drive attack to Lucina.

Edited by Nym

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've been trying to use +10 Hawkeye as a sort of budget Brave Ike, but he's not quite as effective, of course. But he has been able to tank a lot of blue units as well as some green. I also use Christmas Sothis because she's also very mixed tanky and comes with DC. Then I stick Altina and Naga in there, though lately I've sometimes been leaving Naga out in favor of a refresher. And the last unit is a bonus unit.

Hm... you have a team with Hawkeye + Mythics, and another with W Sothis + Mythics... these are two green tanks. Maybe you could search for others colors for tanks. More variety is always good. For Astra, I have 2 teams with Laevatein, 2 teams with Hawkeye and 1 team with NY Alfonse, and they work pretty well.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

Putting it in the back helps reduce the competition for scoring if the offensive player misses it.

I guess that's true. But even so, it still makes it really hard for me to get all the ones I encounter.

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend just focusing on one week and not worry about the other week as long as you can maintain Tier 21. I do not care how bad I score during Light season since I know I can always maintain Tier 21 even if I get a loss or two after using all my Ladders (O). For the past several months now, I have been scoring around Tier 22, and Tier 23 on occasion, on Light weeks since I use that time to practice for Astra season.

That's kinda what I've had no choice but to do lately as I search for answers to Astra weeks, yeah...

18 minutes ago, Nym said:

One week ago, I noticed my astra galeforce team sucked really badly. And it's not just because Galeforce is really hard to use, but the units weren't as good as the Light team one on an already very difficult season.

You know what I did? I swapped their blessings.

They still aren't as good but trust me, both Eir and Peony's presence are enough to make a difference.

If your Hawkeye can't compete in Astra, swap him to Light and make TECH units around him. He will appreciate a dancer and TECH units more than Brave Ike and Lucina, plus Altina will increase Ike's attack.

Especially if you give Double Drive attack to Lucina.

That's an idea, but if it doesn't work, I just wasted some blessings. I don't like that risk when blessings are fairly limited.

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... you have a team with Hawkeye + Mythics, and another with W Sothis + Mythics... these are two green tanks. Maybe you could search for others colors for tanks. More variety is always good. For Astra, I have 2 teams with Laevatein, 2 teams with Hawkeye and 1 team with NY Alfonse, and they work pretty well.

I haven't found any to be reliable enough though. NY Alfonse is great and I have him with +Atk, but he's also part of my Light squad along with Brave Ike. Together they wreck nearly every team that doesn't use multiple dancers or flier balls.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's an idea, but if it doesn't work, I just wasted some blessings. I don't like that risk when blessings are fairly limited.

I don't know how many you have right now, but if you don't plan on changing teams after that and only use the 1 per week for the bonus unit, it would have been worth it after all.

So, here's my setup for IP defense team I'm working on: (Kagero still needs to inherit IP)

0SXxA9L.jpg

HP order is, from highest to lowest:
Iago > Silvia > Ophelia > Kagero > Thrasir.
Silvia will have more HP than Iago when I get her some merges, or maybe I could try Armorsmasher for the extra points on her.

Now, some questions. I want Kagero to have a Rally skill to jump in front of Silvia and be danced to get more coverage. Silvia obviously should have dance. Should the other units have assist skills or not? 
Duma will have Boots on SS to overlap range with Thrasir and with the Rally Trap from Kagero.

For specials, Kagero can run Glacies with the help of SS to get it ready turn 1. Ophelia has her AoE ready to go with no need of skills. Thrasir can also run AoE as the other 4 infantry allies have more HP and will run IP to give her the charges. Duma will run a 3CD to proc on his second hit with BF. Iago and Silvia, I suppose should run 2CD specials?

Is there anything I can do to make this better? Change some positions/layout, assist/no assists?

Edited by Rinco

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

So, here's my setup for IP defense team I'm working on: (Kagero still needs to inherit IP)

0SXxA9L.jpg

HP order is, from highest to lowest:
Iago > Silvia > Ophelia > Kagero > Thrasir.
Silvia will have more HP than Iago when I get her some merges, or maybe I could try Armorsmasher for the extra points on her.

Now, some questions. I want Kagero to have a Rally skill to jump in front of Silvia and be danced to get more coverage. Silvia obviously should have dance. Should the other units have assist skills or not? 
Duma will have Boots on SS to overlap range with Thrasir and with the Rally Trap from Kagero.

For specials, Kagero can run Glacies with the help of SS to get it ready turn 1. Ophelia has her AoE ready to go with no need of skills. Thrasir can also run AoE as the other 4 infantry allies have more HP and will run IP to give her the charges. Duma will run a 3CD to proc on his second hit with BF. Iago and Silvia, I suppose should run 2CD specials?

Is there anything I can do to make this better? Change some positions/layout, assist/no assists?

Does Kagero do more damage with Glacies than Dragon Fang?

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Iago

I would not run Iago. While he technically does help a little against super tanks and Counter-Vantage units, it is not significant enough to be worth a team slot in my opinion. I would switch him for SK!Alm, QOV!Celica, Panic staff user, or a Dancer/Singer with a Hardy Bearing Weapon.

SK!Alm and QOV!Celica forces the player to run a Spd super tank while Ophelia forces them to run a Res tank, so it is difficult to have a super tank to tank both at the same time.

A Panic staff user and Dancer/Singer with Hardy Bearing Weapons provides extra protection against a Counter-Vantage unit since it is pretty easy for them to knock out Ophelia who is in front.

A Panic staff user will also force a shut down of visible buffs, making it easier for Ophelia to pierce Res tanks and provide another means for Thrasir's Desperation to work.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would not run Iago. While he technically does help a little against super tanks and Counter-Vantage units, it is not significant enough to be worth a team slot in my opinion. I would switch him for SK!Alm, QOV!Celica, Panic staff user, or a Dancer/Singer with a Hardy Bearing Weapon.

SK!Alm and QOV!Celica forces the player to run a Spd super tank while Ophelia forces them to run a Res tank, so it is difficult to have a super tank to tank both at the same time.

A Panic staff user and Dancer/Singer with Hardy Bearing Weapons provides extra protection against a Counter-Vantage unit since it is pretty easy for them to knock out Ophelia who is in front.

A Panic staff user will also force a shut down of visible buffs, making it easier for Ophelia to pierce Res tanks and provide another means for Thrasir's Desperation to work.

Neither Alm nor Celica can recieve blessings, so they won't contribute to lift loss mitigation, which is what I'm going for.

Iago is there to provide Panic support while also having the Guard status to inflict in some turns. That can impose some limitations to attack, which help when the aim is to kill only 1 or 2 units and the rest doesn't matter. Swapping Iago would also hinder the IP stacking. I can swap positions between Iago and Ophelia to have her in a safer spot.

@Landmaster oh, didn't check out really. I'll see which one does better damage.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Iago is there to provide Panic support while also having the Guard status to inflict in some turns. That can impose some limitations to attack, which help when the aim is to kill only 1 or 2 units and the rest doesn't matter. Swapping Iago would also hinder the IP stacking. I can swap positions between Iago and Ophelia to have her in a safer spot.

His Panic and Guard is not very consistent though, so a team can just time their window of attack. A Galeforcer can still take down the team on turn 1. A super tank can also immediately engage on turn 1, as being debuffed in Atk/Spd and Guard is not a big deal since there is not anything else around to punish low Spd.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

His Panic and Guard is not very consistent though, so a team can just time their window of attack. A Galeforcer can still take down the team on turn 1. A super tank can also immediately engage on turn 1, as being debuffed in Atk/Spd and Guard is not a big deal since there is not anything else around to punish low Spd.

He's also running Sudden Panic in his B slot, so Panic happens in all turns