New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Part of hopes they do a one character, regular banner in the future.

Surtr's Menace makes me wonder if they're trying to test how to make the Threaten skills more useful. Dude's default kit is literally Threaten everything including your health.

Don't joke about that.

Surtr is stupidly good and I'm afraid IS might start to think "as long as we put a stupidly good new character, people will pull even if it's a 2 character banner".

I really don't want them to think that.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheWill said:

I disagree. I've been waiting for more Tellius units since January this year and to see how beyond repair their priorities are with a Fates banner no one asked for and now this? Beyond ridiculous. Extremely mad that they're using Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn as an attempt to "calm the masses" knowing that these banners are what they have planned to keep us satisfied for what? 4-5 weeks?

It was basically a "pipe down, we'll get to you guys at some point." IS basically admits those groups are fans are not their priority right now, as they have bigger fish to fry with seasonals, OCs and alts. This OC banner make sense in its timing, though, and only the content of it (Surtr being kind of disgusting and Hrid MIA) should really be objectionable. As much as I personally liked the Fates banner, it's certainly something they could have put out at almost any point, especially when Fates just had a banner last month too.

My original question was: When will we have an interesting banner again?

My new question: When will we have a themed banner with entire new characters of a regular Fire Emblem game again?

I reduced my expectations A LOT in the past weeks.

The current content is absolutely unexcusable!

Edited by Necrofantasia

I honestly don’t mind this banner at all. Ylgr at the very least I felt should have been added at some point. Surtr was strange and unexpected, but not something that gets me upset. I might try for Ylgr, but I’ll likely stay my hand.

I don’t get why people are upset about this being a 2 unit banner either. For those who actually want the units, it’s a godsend because the odds are significantly better for pulling them. I’d get the anger if it extended to other games, but I think this will be a one time thing or at least there could be several of these in one time like with the SoV banner.

Methinks Hrid might be a legendary hero after all. A GHB would be weird for him, but I’ve seen enough strange decisions from IS so it’s not impossible.

1 minute ago, Necrofantasia said:

My original question was: When will we have an interesting banner again?

My new question: When will we have a themed banner of a regular Fire Emblem game again?

Well Fates is a regular Fire Emblem as much as I'm aware. So we already have one "Adrift" that lasts 'till tomorrow.

This seems so unnecessary.  There was no reason Surtr couldn't have gone on the first Muspell banner, Yglr could have been a reward character at some point, and Hrid could have been last month's legendary hero.  Super disappointing that two New Hero banners had to be wasted on Book 2 housekeeping.    

WHERE'S HRID?!

He either got Bruno'd or he's a Legendary Hero. I hope it's the latter, since he's the only Book II character I wanted because the Ice Prince is so hot

I don't like how this a two person banner. I don't like how stupidly overpowered Surtr is, because it makes me want him for my roster, BUT I don't want to support a 2 person banner.

Well...they really seem to be on track to get most, if not all, the OCs out in the hopes that people don’t vote for them in CYL3. The same could be said about the newest Camilla and even Legendary Marth to some degree.

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

WHERE'S HRID?!

He either got Bruno'd or he's a Legendary Hero. I hope it's the latter, since he's the only Book II character I wanted because the Ice Prince is so hot

I don't like how this a two person banner. I don't like how stupidly overpowered Surtr is, because it makes me want him for my roster, BUT I don't want to support a 2 person banner.

He's the only Book II character I wanted too because he's literally so attractive especially when dirty. -_- Butttt, if he's a GHB, he's free, so +++++. And if he's a Legendary Hero then maybe he won't be a RED unit (cause god knows I do not need more of them).

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well...they really seem to be on track to get most, if not all, the OCs out in the hopes that people don’t vote for them in CYL3. The same could be said about the newest Camilla and even Legendary Marth to some degree.

By Naga, I didn't consider that. They are trying to make us hate OCs to prevent an OC from winning again.

That's pure genius.

6 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

He's the only Book II character I wanted too because he's literally so attractive especially when dirty. -_- Butttt, if he's a GHB, he's free, so +++++. And if he's a Legendary Hero then maybe he won't be a RED unit (cause god knows I do not need more of them).

I'd be cool if he was an Axe Calvary or something. Like the Little Sisters are both blue infantry and the older 2 are green calvary.

Or green colored bow, but not armored.

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'd be cool if he was an Axe Calvary or something. Like the Little Sisters are both blue infantry and the older 2 are green calvary.

Or green colored bow, but not armored.

His art shows that he has a sword, but Catria also has a sword and is a lance unit , like Subaki is a lance unit but is drawn with an axe, eh.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Surtr has a 7.9% base summon rate when sniping green. That's a more than good enough reason for me to pull (and green has a pretty good pool of pitybreakers).

Yeah, when i realized there were only two units i was glad because i know that conditional probability raises the odds (and I want to pull blue for certain fodder anyway). Then I realized that there would be a ton of salt from people who don't know how conditional probability works (given that the math really is not intuitive at all). then i checked this website and sure enough, that's exactly what I found.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Surtr has a 7.9% base summon rate when sniping green. That's a more than good enough reason for me to pull (and green has a pretty good pool of pitybreakers).

So on average we should be able to summon him with approximately 60 orbs? I have around 180 and by the end of this banner, will probably have like 300 so that's a good opportunity to get merges on him and make him stacked. 

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

So on average we should be able to summon him with approximately 60 orbs? I have around 180 and by the end of this banner, will probably have like 300 so that's a good opportunity to get merges on him and make him stacked. 

On average, it would be about 90 orbs because there's a roughly 1 in 3 chance that there will be no green umbrellas in any given summoning session.

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

By Naga, I didn't consider that. They are trying to make us hate OCs to prevent an OC from winning again.

That's pure genius.

This also explains Legendary Eirika as well as Camilla getting another alt: creating alt fatigue on purpose. Those 2 are top contenders for CYL3 on the female side. Getting what is basically the definitive version of Marth was mainly for the Japanese so people vote for someone else. If this really keeps up, Alm will most likely get an alt of some sort before the year ends. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

This also explains Legendary Eirika as well as Camilla getting another alt: creating alt fatigue on purpose. Those 2 are top contenders for CYL3 on the female side. Getting what is basically the definitive version of Marth was mainly for the Japanese so people vote for someone else. If this really keeps up, Alm will most likely get an alt of some sort before the year ends. 

I highly doubt that IS would intentionally annoy fans and create fatigue to end up with the right CYL characters. That just feels like unnesesairaly playing with fire. Besides, my moto is to never assume malice when stupidity is a reasonable explanation.

10 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

His art shows that he has a sword, but Catria also has a sword and is a lance unit , like Subaki is a lance unit but is drawn with an axe, eh.

They could alter/change his art as well. I don't think he has attacking art yet so it could be anything.