Voting Gauntlet: Mothers and Sons! (Jan 30th)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntet: Mothers and Sons  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What team will you support?

• Ethlyn: Spirited Princess
    • Leif: Prince of Leonster
    • Lissa: Sprightly Cleric
    • Owain: Chosen One
    • Cherche: Wyvern Friend
    • Gerome: Masked Rider
    • Mikoto: Caring Mother
    • Corrin: Dream Prince

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/06/2019 at 01:59 AM

Due to missing the multipliers early this morning and being in Same Hell most of the day, I'll be taking 605 flags into the next round.  Hopefully, the bonus hours a re a bit kinder to me next round.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Wonder why Male corrin is so much more hated than female despite being the same character. 

Because the female is better waifu material and is considered the more optimal one for a playthrough of fates. I personally prefer the Male Variation over female.

Oh hey, this is what happened in the fathers and daughters gauntlet too, with only one parent getting into the second round and getting knocked out.

Main's going with Owain from Leif. He led us to earning and maintaining Great Summoner status in his Arena bonus seasons.

Alt's going with Corrin from Cherche. I just pulled him with +Res -Def (not great for performance, but equal stats always looks good), and in the process pulled the +Atk Reinhardt who will help me with F2P strategies. Leaving Corrin at level 1 to use a friend's trained unit to cheese through the maps, and fielding my +10 original Camilla to support him.

Is male Corrin always going to screw over his opponent? He's consistently been the smaller team in his matchups and yet he wins like every one of them.

Sigh... I don't like either of these remaining teams. -_- I don't even have either character for that matter. I guess I'm joining Owain and probably won't battle much.

46 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wonder why Male corrin is so much more hated than female despite being the same character. 

44 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Because the female is better waifu material and is considered the more optimal one for a playthrough of fates. I personally prefer the Male Variation over female.

Yeah. While I do not hate M!Corrin, I find it super annoying that I would be missing out on a kid if I am playing as a male avatar.

Darn, Cherche lost. Wasn't expecting Corrin to hold on to the multiplier for the last four hours. Was hoping for Cherche vs Owain because I wouldn't mind either one winning. Oh well, I guess Cherche is still best mom for being the only one to make it to round 2. Though on the bright side I'm joining Owain for the finals even though it will probably be too crowded on that side. Will probably switch Catria out now for either Kaze or Tailtiu as my lead.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah. While I do not hate M!Corrin, I find it super annoying that I would be missing out on a kid if I am playing as a male avatar.

Not if you were going to marry only Avatar-Only units or 2nd Gen... But yeah. I get you. Felicia would be my wife totally all the time, but marrying her meant losing a child unit. Not to mention that Flora mentions she has a crush on Jakob, and Reina was suggested to have support conversations in the games coding, but no, no supports for whatever reasons. One of the flaws I find in Fates Gameplay.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

A few reasons, really.

1. Female Corrin is really pretty and male Corrin just looks stupid.

2. Female Corrin gets two kids, making her more optimal, as pointed out. This is a reason male Robin is a bit more liked than female in Awakening too, he gets two kids.

3. For some reason, some people like Corrin's personality more on the female than the male. It's kind of sexist. But that's just how it is. It's more appealing for a female to be naïve and stuff for whatever reason even though it's perfectly okay for a guy to have some naiveness too.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm going with Owain, because I have him and I prefer him over Corrin. Yes, male Corrin is pretty, but I still do not like either Corrin.

That said, the fanbase has made me dislike female Corrin more for giving her a pass on her equally stupid shit while blaming male Corrin for it. And the fan work. Oh, the awful wish-fulfillment self-insert fan work.

Edited by Sunwoo

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

You don’t miss out on a kid if you pair up with a 2nd gen or corrinsexual character but yeah it’s annoying. It’s bad enough that I miss out on two with Niles but I can’t even have Setsuna or Rinkah as the wife without losing out on a child too? Come on. Well, at least Reina and Flora will always be great options.

———————

Woohoo! Owain pulled through. Might be the first time I’m actually on a winning team all throughout the Gauntlet.

Might be a bit late now but here’s my friend code for anyone interested on Owain’s side: 3467843743 Currently have Oscar as the lead but I might swap him for Niles.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Amazing how I have yet to lose yet~

Meanwhile, I've lost both rounds and...honestly don't really give a shit. I only just checked in to see that Cherche lost.

Now, I'm just gonna join Corrin because a wheel told me to.

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A few reasons, really.

1. Female Corrin is really pretty and male Corrin just looks stupid.

2. Female Corrin gets two kids, making her more optimal, as pointed out. This is a reason male Robin is a bit more liked than female in Awakening too, he gets two kids.

3. For some reason, some people like Corrin's personality more on the female than the male. It's kind of sexist. But that's just how it is. It's more appealing for a female to be naïve and stuff for whatever reason even though it's perfectly okay for a guy to have some naiveness too.

Corrin have two kids doesn’t nesscarily make it optimal. The reason why Robin was liked more as a parent is because thet can pass down all the classes since they pass the tactican class set, which automatically has all classes tied to it. Pretty big opportunity cost for not having Robin with two kids. 

Corrin only passes down  the Nohr Prince Class Set, so units who have Access to it performance depend on Corrin’s boons and banes. The real reason female Corrin is considered optimal is because Jakob makes a pretty good early Great Knight in contrast to Felicia, who’s a terrible Hero.

Hm... I prefer Male Corrin than Female. When I play with Corrin on Smash, I always use the Male one, and once I unlocked Male Corrin on Warriors, I never used Female Corrin again.

The only thing I like in Female Corrin more than Male Corrin is that she is the mother of Male Kana. I am not a huge fan of Female Kana.

Anyway, I am on Team Owain. Good luck too both teams. Remember: the victory isn't the most important thing in this mode... The rewards (orbs and feathers) are the important things.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

To think they could have avoided that problem by letting Flora and Scarlet marry at least Jakob and Ryoma, if not everybody.