Jump to content
Crecentful

Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

I have a theory. that the part about a student dying is true, but the student's identity is fake. I' msuspecting that instead of Lysithea it's actually Felix. Supporting evidence:

Felix is the only unit so far to start with a major crest. I suspect the othe students might upgrade their crests later on but by then Felix will most likely already be dead.

The Blue Lions is the only house without an equal gender split, having two more males than females. Almost like something will happen later on to reduce the number of males in the house.

I don't know, but I just have a feeling that the Black Beast fought in the second Three Houses trailer is actually Lysithea corrupted, as I think the Iron Maiden from the first trailer is Edelgard corrupted.

(Edelgard's crest is on the shoulderblade of the iron-maiden. It's HIGHLY likely that it's literally Edelgard, but this is just my own theorycrafting)

Edited by ColdHeartAndASummerDream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

I don't know, but I just have a feeling that the Black Beast fought in the second Three Houses trailer is actually Lysithea corrupted, as I think the Iron Maiden from the first trailer is Edelgard corrupted.

(Edelgard's crest is on the shoulderblade of the iron-maiden. It's HIGHLY likely that it's literally Edelgard)

Well the Black Beast is using the Crest Stone of Gautier, so if it's any of the students it would be Sylvain.

As for the Robot, it could just be signalling that it is connected to the Adrestian Empire or the Church, considering that Edelgard's crest is the crest of Seiros.

Edited by BastienSoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Lysithea, if she does die, I think the best to go about it would be to have her die if you pick the Black Eagles or Blue Lions, but have her survive if you choose the Golden Deers. That way, you sidestep having players lose a character they invested heavely into.

6 minutes ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

I don't know, but I just have a feeling that the Black Beast fought in the second Three Houses trailer is actually Lysithea corrupted, as I think the Iron Maiden from the first trailer is Edelgard corrupted.

(Edelgard's crest is on the shoulderblade of the iron-maiden. It's HIGHLY likely that it's literally Edelgard)

Assuming the iron maiden is Edelgard because it bears the crest of Seiros seems like a stretch to me. A lot of thing related to the church bear that symbol so my guess is that it's a generic enemy rather than Edelgard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal theory is that if the routes split off dramatically story wise with the three countries going against one another, Lysithea could die in all non-golden deer routes. Leicester is very clearly based off King Lear with the names of all the daughters (Riegain, Gonerill and Cordelia matching to a student (Claude, Hilda and Lysithea)) while Leicester itself represent King Lear (since KL was based in Leicester and king=kingdom most often than not). In KL, Cordelia is the only daughter to remain loyal to Lear after the rest betray their father, so perhaps after the students realise the church and crests are to blame, Lysithea and her family remain loyal to the church and thus she dies fighting (Though I still hope no playable characters die story wise and we get to recruit them all (also I don't trust IS to actually use the myths they base characters names and such off as their actual story lines lol)).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Assuming the iron maiden is Edelgard because it bears the crest of Seiros seems like a stretch to me. A lot of thing related to the church bear that symbol so my guess is that it's a generic enemy rather than Edelgard.

Also iron maiden seems completely mechanical, which doesn't really fit into setting of FE as a transformation. I can see person transforming into beast/dragon, but turning into a three stories tall steam punk cyborg just feel off for a Fire Emblem game.

Edited by Timlugia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot take: the iron maiden is an inanimate object given life due to the scientists in the inner circle of the church using the power extracted from the crests to make them run. They protect the Church late game when most of Fódlan powers are against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Hot take: the iron maiden is an inanimate object given life due to the scientists in the inner circle of the church using the power extracted from the crests to make them run. They protect the Church late game when most of Fódlan powers are against them.

I like this theory more, it makes more sense than mine

Edited by ColdHeartAndASummerDream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Hot take: the iron maiden is an inanimate object given life due to the scientists in the inner circle of the church using the power extracted from the crests to make them run. They protect the Church late game when most of Fódlan powers are against them.

Woah! That'd be interesting, lets see how dark FE16 will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Woah! That'd be interesting, lets see how dark FE16 will be. 

I think it's going to be quite dark really, or at least that's the feeling I'm getting from reading all these leaks and theories that some people are posting lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope this idea of an exaggerated focus on the school aspects to shock players when we get dark later on is right; the timeskip is something I don't see Thani making up, so the potential for a fantastic story is here for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I really hope this idea of an exaggerated focus on the school aspects to shock players when we get dark later on is right; the timeskip is something I don't see Thani making up, so the potential for a fantastic story is here for sure.

Honestly FE has always been light hearted in face value in it's colorful cast while being dark in overall undertones in the plot and even some character conversations can go pretty deep.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So thinking about the leak and a lot of the details, one aspect that is somewhat concerning to me is that apparently the three main nations will end up in conflict, and you'll be fighting against the house(s) you didn't pick, at least somewhat.

I mean, this isn't exactly a shocking idea, long before any leaks, many people speculated that this might be the case. But there's an aspect of it that didn't really hit me till recently, and that is that you make your choice of house at the beginning of the game, when the nations are at peace. When, presumably, any real substantial details about the future conflict/war, and the reasons for it, are completely unknown to you.

People are going to be choosing houses based on things like "I think Edelgard is sexy" or "I like this house's color scheme" or "there's a side character in this house I want to learn more about", and then halfway through the game (or whenever part 1 ends and the main conflict unfolds) they're gonna be stuck supporting a faction that they may actually despise.

Fates get's a lot of criticism, but at least it made some effort so that players would know (hypothetically at least) what they were supporting when making their choice. While Three Houses may be more akin to asking players "what's your favorite color? Red? Okay good. 20 hours in you're gonna find out that this means you support the 'ends justify the means' anarchist revolutionary willing to slaughter countless innocents to achieve her goals... enjoy!"

I mean I'm joking a bit at that last part, but Thani did mention multiple times how ruthless Edelgard is.

I suppose it's possible that maybe the specific reasons for the conflict will change depending on which house you pick, so that conveniently, no matter which house you choose, that house will always be mostly justified in their actions in your playthrough.

Anyways, it's just a bit of a concern I have. I have no problem with giving players a potentially complicated, difficult choice on the faction to support in a war. But having that choice instead determined by a much earlier, innocent choice that will indeed for some players come down to "I think some of the characters are sexy" is sure to be galling for some players. Like imagine if you had to pick a faction in Fates, but had nothing but the cover art to go on, and then ended up with Nohr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that is a point. Personally I actually like that aspect because i'm always down for being surprised and I wouldn't mind if I actually end up helping the bad guys, or just people I don't agree with because that is actually more interesting for me. I do understand that most people probably wont like that though so if this is the case and we are going to war( Which I really fucking hope we are) then I expect to see some backlash from deceived players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

People are going to be choosing houses based on things like "I think Edelgard is sexy" or "I like this house's color scheme" or "there's a side character in this house I want to learn more about", and then halfway through the game (or whenever part 1 ends and the main conflict unfolds) they're gonna be stuck supporting a faction that they may actually despise.

 

I'm pretty sure the game will give the players at least some time to get to know the characters before making them pick a house, which might not be enough, but better than nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I'm pretty sure the game will give the players at least some time to get to know the characters before making them pick a house, which might not be enough, but better than nothing.

You’ll likely get introductions to the main lords when you save them at the beginning, then you’ll go to the monastery where they will formally introduce themselves. Then they’ll let you walk around meeting the students before you choose your house.

Anyway, I don’t think it’s fair to say that the choice is bad because we have no indication of the consequences. It’s not exciting if you already know where the story is going to go. Maybe some will grow to hate Edelgard, and that’s okay. Some people will support her methods, that’s okay too. Divisive characters are a good thing, it leads to extra discussion and analysis of the character. Hopefully resulting in a deeper understanding of her motives and personality. Plus, keeps things from getting too boring.

Also, odds are you will get attached to at least a couple of your students throughout the game. Even if you end up disliking your main lord, hopefully at least one of the other 7 will make it up to you haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mad_Scientist said:

So thinking about the leak and a lot of the details, one aspect that is somewhat concerning to me is that apparently the three main nations will end up in conflict, and you'll be fighting against the house(s) you didn't pick, at least somewhat.

I mean, this isn't exactly a shocking idea, long before any leaks, many people speculated that this might be the case. But there's an aspect of it that didn't really hit me till recently, and that is that you make your choice of house at the beginning of the game, when the nations are at peace. When, presumably, any real substantial details about the future conflict/war, and the reasons for it, are completely unknown to you.

...

This is part of why I don’t think we should be taking the “war between houses” direction as 100% confirmed. In particular, the detail that you can only recruit 1 student per house is still the least believable part of this leak to me.

We’ve seen plenty of interaction between the houses already, including supports. IS is unlikely to spend all this game time characterizing these charming kids, just to make you kill 2/3rds of them. Even Fates didn’t go that far, and it was more telegraphed, and you barely had any interaction with the non-royal units of the other nation (certainly not supports). It was all they could manage to set up a sad boss or two like Flora.

I’m not holding my breath for a fakeout that big. Yes, the emphasis on peace between nations is setting up a conflict, but that doesn’t mean all the characters in the game will be at fatal arms against each other. They could just as well be on the same side against a big bad or trying to prevent full-scale conflict. Ultimately IS knows the player wants to feel heroic, not bummed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lynsanity said:

This is part of why I don’t think we should be taking the “war between houses” direction as 100% confirmed. In particular, the detail that you can only recruit 1 student per house is still the least believable part of this leak to me.

We’ve seen plenty of interaction between the houses already, including supports. IS is unlikely to spend all this game time characterizing these charming kids, just to make you kill 2/3rds of them. Even Fates didn’t go that far, and it was more telegraphed, and you barely had any interaction with the non-royal units of the other nation (certainly not supports). It was all they could manage to set up a sad boss or two like Flora.

I’m not holding my breath for a fakeout that big. Yes, the emphasis on peace between nations is setting up a conflict, but that doesn’t mean all the characters in the game will be at fatal arms against each other. They could just as well be on the same side against a big bad or trying to prevent full-scale conflict. Ultimately IS knows the player wants to feel heroic, not bummed out.

Yeah the fact that you can interact and build bonds with characters outside the house you pick and do many activities with them pretty much screams later recruitable to me and I get lot of possible RD vibes from it as in probably butt heads at one point then realizing its pointless to fight when the real big bad comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Yeah the fact that you can interact and build bonds with characters outside the house you pick and do many activities with them pretty much screams later recruitable to me and I get lot of possible RD vibes from it as in probably butt heads at one point then realizing its pointless to fight when the real big bad comes out.

Its going to be so awkward when Dorathea helps Ingrid with her "blood money" problem, and then 6 chapters later will proced to snap her neck on Edelgard's orders.

Edited by User name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually like it if IS went all out with the more dark tone the game seems to have, rather than being too afraid to kill off too many characters for whatever reason. And since the game already is differing from previous FEs already, it's not exactly something that makes the leak more suspicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, User name said:

Its going to be so awkward when Dorathea helps Ingrid with her "blood money" problem, and then 6 chapters later will proced to snap her neck on Edelgard's orders.

That would be something given they likely have supports they'll build after that scenario.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, User name said:

Its going to be so awkward when Dorathea helps Ingrid with her "blood money" problem, and then 6 chapters later will proced to snap her neck on Edelgard's orders.

Why did this make me laugh? Omg, diabolical.

 

Okay, aside from that, being able to support units from other houses explains why you can recruit a student of your choice:

Making an impression and having them transfer to your class. A lot of units are already "transfers", like Lysithea and Mercedes. Units of other nationalities that are in other houses.

(Yeah, Lysithea is supposedly from Cordelia,but her Crest is from Charon, a territory in Fergus, and Mercedes is in Fergus but is from the Adrestian Empire)

So, supporting characters could lead to them being like "wow,teacher, you're SO cool and I want to be in your class, do you think they'd let me transfer?"

Seeing as characters from different houses also are able to support with eachother(to my understanding), the limit might just be one, and I actually hope it does. I want the house decision to matter, but a little bit of freedom is nice as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mad_Scientist said:

So thinking about the leak and a lot of the details, one aspect that is somewhat concerning to me is that apparently the three main nations will end up in conflict, and you'll be fighting against the house(s) you didn't pick, at least somewhat.

I mean, this isn't exactly a shocking idea, long before any leaks, many people speculated that this might be the case. But there's an aspect of it that didn't really hit me till recently, and that is that you make your choice of house at the beginning of the game, when the nations are at peace. When, presumably, any real substantial details about the future conflict/war, and the reasons for it, are completely unknown to you.

People are going to be choosing houses based on things like "I think Edelgard is sexy" or "I like this house's color scheme" or "there's a side character in this house I want to learn more about", and then halfway through the game (or whenever part 1 ends and the main conflict unfolds) they're gonna be stuck supporting a faction that they may actually despise.

Fates get's a lot of criticism, but at least it made some effort so that players would know (hypothetically at least) what they were supporting when making their choice. While Three Houses may be more akin to asking players "what's your favorite color? Red? Okay good. 20 hours in you're gonna find out that this means you support the 'ends justify the means' anarchist revolutionary willing to slaughter countless innocents to achieve her goals... enjoy!"

I mean I'm joking a bit at that last part, but Thani did mention multiple times how ruthless Edelgard is.

I suppose it's possible that maybe the specific reasons for the conflict will change depending on which house you pick, so that conveniently, no matter which house you choose, that house will always be mostly justified in their actions in your playthrough.

Anyways, it's just a bit of a concern I have. I have no problem with giving players a potentially complicated, difficult choice on the faction to support in a war. But having that choice instead determined by a much earlier, innocent choice that will indeed for some players come down to "I think some of the characters are sexy" is sure to be galling for some players. Like imagine if you had to pick a faction in Fates, but had nothing but the cover art to go on, and then ended up with Nohr.

Maybe I'm weird but I'd actually love that. I don't think it will be that extreme but it would be a super interesting way to get players to question their principles and beliefs. You've built these bonds and attachment to your house's characters over the first third of the game, so just how far are you willing to overlook things you might disagree with to justify your favourite character's actions in wartime? The whole avatar/player choice system would then make sense as a way to reinforce your support or express disagreement over your Lord's actions (even being able to switch allegiances in the third and final part?). 

Again, I really don't think it'll be that extreme but I would love if it were. It would be so shocking for those who haven't kept up with leaks and speculation haha, but damn if it doesn't have potential for an amazing story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each House is undoubtedly going to be portrayed in a relatively protagonistic light, regardless of their actions, so I think that'll be enough. If the player has to grapple with their lord's choices... well, good. That sounds interesting to me. 

We've heard Edelgard specifically has two routes, one splitting off the default one, so it could be the player will get to help shape Edelgard's methodology. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The leak never mentions any kind of war, though? It has a mention off the different houses being "hostile" to each other adn that you'l lend up fighting students from the other houses at some point. I think it's more likely that whatever causes the timeskip forces everyone to focus on their own problems and that you'll have to fight former studetns turned into blac kbeasts at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...