Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

So Thani really seems to know some stuff it seems. Hearing Cyril I have to think about a city in Ivalice in FFTA. So for me it is weird as a name for a person. I never heard it before FFTA and niw I even know that it is a real name.

So for me Cyril would be a more fitting name for a person from Almyra.

Alois is a pretty common German name that would fit with the Adrestian Empire. Or even Fodlan in general. 

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Nope, definitely not common. Maybe in South Germany a bit, but definitely not in whole Germany. 

Well, sorry for my generalization then. I did a quick google search and most famous people came from South Germany and Austria so I chose to use the term "German name". Maybe another word than "common" would have been better?

I actually do not want to argue how common a name is in German. Honestly, every part of Germany and Austria or maybe even German-speaking Switzerland would say something else.

Edited by DuckPhoenix

3 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Well, sorry for my generalization then. I did a quick google search and most famous people came from South Germany and Austria so I chose to use the term "German name". Maybe another word than "common" would have been better?

I actually do not want to argue how common a name is in German. Honestly, every part of Germany and Austria or maybe even German-speaking Switzerland would say something else.

Yeah its okay, I just wanted to pint it out. Also, those German names in FE16 are very old names and Japan/Asia are fascinated by South Germany in general. Kinda stereotype like how America imagines Germany. 

3 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

So apparently the card game calls Byleth's Crest "The Crest of the Goddess". This is unlike the leak which called it "The Crest of Creation". The Cipher name is in Japanese while the leak had the English localization, but I think this is te biggest strike against the leak so far.

And what are God's and Goddesses do? Right, creating stuff. 

The only thing that about that is the localisation has been mostly on 1:1 so changing from goddess to creation is a bit of a big shift imo even if they essentially mean the same thing. However, I think at this point we know Thani had actual leaks and anything that isn't true is just wrong information they were given/put in as false on purpose which Thani mentioned was the case for some things.

41 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

So apparently the card game calls Byleth's Crest "The Crest of the Goddess". This is unlike the leak which called it "The Crest of Creation". The Cipher name is in Japanese while the leak had the English localization, but I think this is te biggest strike against the leak so far.

Honestly though, like let's just think about the difference between Goddess and Creation. If the Goddess was the Creator, how different is it, really? If it was like even 60% off base I'd be more inclined to be like, "look at that", but this is literally apples to apples.

Not to mention, nobody knows exactly how recent/relevant the leaks are, and what could have changed from the people who are supplying the leaks until now. 

20 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Alois is a pretty common German name that would fit with the Adrestian Empire. Or even Fodlan in general. 

Alois sounds much more French then German if you ask me. Adrestian having more French sounding names in contrast to the Germanic one of Leicester and Fergus would be a nice way to show them being older and more cultured. 

Do we know for sure what the symbol means, because what if they're using that crest in particular to highlight all of the characters in Cipher with a crest; that explains why Edelgard; Dimitri and Claude also have the same symbol, just so they don't use lots of different symbols all meaning the same thing; and naming it the Crest of the Goddess since all crests are the Goddess'.

7 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Yeah its okay, I just wanted to pint it out. Also, those German names in FE16 are very old names and Japan/Asia are fascinated by South Germany in general. Kinda stereotype like how America imagines Germany. 

Fair enough. I know what you mean. But don't you agree that older names fit the setting?

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Alois sounds much more French then German if you ask me. Adrestian having more French sounding names in contrast to the Germanic one of Leicester and Fergus would be a nice way to show them being older and more cultured. 

It's interesting to me that you think the Adrestian Empire has more French names. Because for me they sound pretty German. Whereas only a few names of the other groups sound Germanic to me. Their last names even have the German "von" that shows their noble family background. Then there is also the fact that Germany was an Empire once and the crest (coat of arms?) was a black eagle. 

It was the first thing I thought about when Edelgard and the Black Eagles were introduced.

Edited by DuckPhoenix

So far, I'm indifferent to the leak. As new information comes by, I will just acknowledge the leak that there is some truth to it if it matches up. I'm not sure if people here are wholly convinced if the entire leak is true...

32 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Do we know for sure what the symbol means, because what if they're using that crest in particular to highlight all of the characters in Cipher with a crest; that explains why Edelgard; Dimitri and Claude also have the same symbol, just so they don't use lots of different symbols all meaning the same thing; and naming it the Crest of the Goddess since all crests are the Goddess'.

This seems like a very plausible explanation. 

1 hour ago, DuckPhoenix said:

t's interesting to me that you think the Adrestian Empire has more French names. Because for me they sound pretty German.

I didn't say they had French names. It indeed sounds more German. I was just saying that if they wanted to depict one nation as more cultured it would be a solid way to do it. 

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I didn't say they had French names. It indeed sounds more German. I was just saying that if they wanted to depict one nation as more cultured it would be a solid way to do it. 

Somehow I feel offended even though you probably don't mean it that way. What exactly do you mean by "more cultured"?

Edit: This is drifting away from this threads topic. We should probably stop?

Edited by DuckPhoenix

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

Honestly I'm just hoping the part about Claude getting a white wyvern with a red beard is true.

Where were the colours disclosed? All I remember is Thani saying he had a wyvern with unique facial hair.

13 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Where were the colours disclosed? All I remember is Thani saying he had a wyvern with unique facial hair.

Wait is it the Wyvren that has the beard? I thought It would be Claude that grew a beard. A bearded Wyvren would be quite awesome. 

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wait is it the Wyvren that has the beard? I thought It would be Claude that grew a beard. A bearded Wyvren would be quite awesome. 

Thani said Claude got sideburns, that's probably where you got the beard thing from.

Then apparently Dimitri gets an eye patch (and better hair) and idk what Edelgard gets.

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Pretty sure Claude gets sideburns but the Wyvern has more facial hair apparently. If this white Wyvern thing is legit tho that'd be rad never seen the source of that one tho.

@Azz Apparently Edelgard gets hairbuns :3

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

Edelgard's and especially Claude's promotions are two of the things I believe the most from the leak, and I would be really happy if they are real. Dimitri's supposed promotion, however, I'm guessing is fake. I think Thani either lied about it or maybe thought the Lord class was Dimitri's specifically. We don't know how her source had described it (or pretty much anything else), unfortunately.