Ross, Amelia Or Ewan?

Favorite Trainee unit  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Favorite Trainee

• Ross
    • Amelia
    • Ewan

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/13/2019 at 11:49 AM

Amelia because finally we had the first playable "soldier" class (non-armored, non-mounted, lance-only unit)

Ephraim would count but he promotes to have a horse...

Ross is the only one whose growths make him worthwhile to train up despite his comparatively weak start.

Also is conveniently the first one you recruit.

And you can make him walk on water, effectively making him a messiah.

Amelia?  Please, I roll with Duessel for days.

Ewan?  Why use little boi when you can use meme girl Lute the Flute and the sagely Salehmander?

Ross is probably the only one worth using between these three. He comes in early enough to still be able to get some kills without having to baby him too much.

Amelia... well, there is a major discussion surrounding her, so I won't say much. Only thing I will add: I am not a fan of either Armor Knights nor Cavaliers, which are her only two options on a first playthrough and her base class is garbage due to Armor Knight-like movement.

Ewan... Who needs this brat when you have Lute, who will already be trained up by the time you get him?

Edited by DragonFlames

Amelia. Ross is a foot axe, aka doomed to being mediocre at best because of crap speed. It doesn't help that you only get one Ocean Seal, which makes Pirate > Berserker unappealing. Ewan is outclassed by Lute, who's likely trained up by the time he's relevant.

Even though i do like grinding the trainees, the only one really worth using(without exploiting the valni tower like a call center operator) is ross. He comes in early enough that with just a couple of lvl ups he can sort of fend for himself (aka not blowing up the moment you put him one tile on enemy reach). Out of the trainees he has the highest hp and strength growth and a normal lck growth (yay best stat). Even if he has the lowest speed growth out of the three, a couple of good lvl ups and he is good to go, he won't double a lot but he won't really be doubled (except myrmidons). I usually make him a pirate so he can acces berserker (imo the best out the three possible classes for him but hero is debatable) since he has a high strength, good bulk due to his large hp pool and good luck paired with the innate 15% crit he will be relatively bulky crit machine with decent dodge. That being said there are way better units to dump exp on.

Edited by nohrianscum19

Throwing in another chip for Ross as the best, for reasons already mentioned.

Amelia is the worst and Ewan is in the middle. Amelia might join earlier than Ewan, but the latter uses magic and so doesn't explode 90% of the time on counterattack.