Gamespot E3 Video Preview

I mean I doubt all units can be recruited. Prime example being Hubert. Do you really think you will be able to take him away from Edelgard. I hope not at least, I'm not to big a fan of stealing characters either because I would've preferred if they were important to the story, but at least we don't take the whole class

Edited by SpiceMan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I mean I doubt all units can be recruited. Prime example being Hubert. Do you really think you will be able to take him away from Edelgard. I hope not at least, I'm not to big a fan of stealing characters either because I would've preferred if they were important to the story, but at least we don't take the whole class

There could be an opportunity cost here, too. Like maybe if you recruit a character and someone in your current house doesn't get along with them, you lose that character from your house. 

I have to imagine it will be balanced in some way to prevent just forming an ultra house. 

Unit's from each house I can't see moving:

Black Eagles(Hubert; maybe Ferdinand or Petra)

Blue Lions(Dedue; maybe Ingrid or Felix)

Golden Deer(Hilda and Idk who else since Lorenz has already been confirmed)

I personally hope the Timeskip portion is longer than 12 chapters I feel there's enough to warrant at least more than the school portions 12 maybe 18 chapters for it. Also hope for a NG+ feature I feel that's long overdue at this point for the series.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

9 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I personally hope the Timeskip portion is longer than 12 chapters I feel there's enough to warrant at least more than the school portions 12 maybe 18 chapters for it. Also hope for a NG+ feature I feel that's long overdue at this point for the series.

I want a NG+ just so we can carry over our gauge/action point levels.

I have a feeling the second half will be just as long or even longer. It kinda feels like the academy is a really long prologue, like Lyn's story.

11 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Since it’s a console title I wouldn’t be surprised if it was lengthy. Radiant Dawn had almost 40 chapters if I remember correctly.

10 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Worth noting that even if the timeskip is "just" 12 chapters, there will still be a ton of lead-up/optional battles and content available to elongate it. 

But IMO the post-skip portion of the game will be longer than the academy portion. It's the payoff, the main conflict. 

I don't have problem with 4 step support as long as S rank isn't randomly slapped on basic CBA. More support conversations better can relationship be flashed. 

Just please spare me bear meat marriage. 

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/fire-emblem-three-houses-combat-gameplay-e3-2019/2300-6450043/

New gamespot video, showcasing a fight with the Blue Lions. Can hear all their voices quite clearly since there's no narrator.

Byleth's Sword of Creation has 20 durability, so there must be some form of repairing back. 

Magic has per-map uses as we knew. Physic has 5 uses per map. 

I'd imagine Byleth's sword may act like the Master Sword from BoTW in that once the durability runs out, you can't use it for a while until it recharges.

28 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/fire-emblem-three-houses-combat-gameplay-e3-2019/2300-6450043/

New gamespot video, showcasing a fight with the Blue Lions. Can hear all their voices quite clearly since there's no narrator.

Byleth's Sword of Creation has 20 durability, so there must be some form of repairing back. 

I wouldn't be surprised if all the personal weapons have a limited durability per map, meaning you can't use them once they run out but are back for the next map. Especially with combat arts consuming durability, as theoretically an unbreakable weapon would have unlimited use of combat arts

Edited by Torii

It seems, based off Annette anyways, mages have shite move in this game which I'm not super happy about. It might just be the terrain, I didn't really notice, but Annette didn't get to move far nor see any action. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of SoV where mages were very meh because of their move.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

It seems, based off Annette anyways, mages have shite move in this game which I'm not super happy about. It might just be the terrain, I didn't really notice, but Annette didn't get to move far nor see any action. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of SoV where mages were very meh because of their move.

We don't see it happen, but it seems like Felix used the gambit that boosts movement on most of the units nearby, but Annette being outside the range prevented her from getting it, keeping her from catching up with the others.

1 minute ago, BastienSoul said:

We don't see it happen, but it seems like Felix used the gambit that boosts movement on most of the units nearby, but Annette being outside the range prevented her from getting it, keeping her from catching up with the others.

Ah okay that makes sense and also saves a lot of worry. I was also wondering why Dedue was actually able to move so far lol.

I think the video might have confirmed Con or something similar returning. Byleth was weighed down by 2 by the Iron Lance, and it seems unlikely that it would have 26 weight (2 more than her strength at the time) or 2 weight (less than an Iron Sword), so a Con stat is the only thing that would make sense.

18 minutes ago, Torii said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the personal weapons have a limited durability per map, meaning you can't use them once they run out but are back for the next map. Especially with combat arts consuming durability, as theoretically an unbreakable weapon would have unlimited use of combat arts

Yeah......no way THATS gonna break permanently and won't get it back. I feels it's like an energy limit for the battle which would be great balance for legendary weapons without overusing them.

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I think the video might have confirmed Con or something similar returning. Byleth was weighed down by 2 by the Iron Lance, and it seems unlikely that it would have 26 weight (2 more than her strength at the time) or 2 weight (less than an Iron Sword), so a Con stat is the only thing that would make sense.

I'm pretty sure we did we see in a famitsu screenshot that weight was a thing that will be probably just reduce speed I'd say.

50 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

That was very nice. No offense to the Treehouse crew because they also showed quite a bit, but they played the battles really fast and it was hard to keep up with everything. This slower gameplay gives a better feel of the flow of battle which looks great.

27 minutes ago, Torii said:

I wouldn't be surprised by that, either. The Sword of Creation seems quite OP, so giving it a relatively low durability per map would be sensible for balancing. Especially with Combat Arts consuming extra durability — that would be quite the trade off for legendary weapons.

Edited by Disclaimer

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I'm pretty sure we did we see in a famitsu screenshot that weight was a thing that will be probably just reduce speed I'd say.

I know Weight is a thing, but I don't think an Iron Lance having 2 weight while an Iron Sword has 5 would make any sense at all. And considering how much Strength she has, it using the Tellius formula would make even less sense. That's why I think there will be a dedicated stat for weight, like Con. I guess I could have explained myself better, though.

This is unrelated, but I really like that enemies of different factions will fight each other. Hopefully this means we won't have situations like Revelation Chapter 13.

I gotta say I'm REALLY glad the school stuff is skippable, because I don't give a rats ass about it. Good on IS for making something like that optional, since I can see that others may really like it, even though I wouldn't.

13 hours ago, Mapina said:

Child units finally confirmed NOT to be in the game

YEEEEESSSSSSS

ok, now i feel MUCH more positive about this damn game

i still don't like how they seem to be willing to forcefully implement in-game marriages though, since i prefer them when they're told in the records after beating the final chapter

well, i guess i'll just have to deal with it (for now)

also, i hope marriages are not cringey like they were in fates

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

YEEEEESSSSSSS

ok, now i feel MUCH more positive about this damn game

i still don't like how they seem to be willing to forcefully implement in-game marriages though, since i prefer them when they're told in the records after beating the final chapter

well, i guess i'll just have to deal with it (for now)

also, i hope marriages are not cringey like they were in fates

We know that there is romance, but that doesn't mean it has to be marriage right away. It could be like how a lot of the 2nd Gen supports in Fates had them start dating, and then have them marry in their paired endings.