So a few terms have been renamed to be more accurate... What about Nosferatu?

Should Nosferatu be renamed?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nosferatu be renamed?

• Nah, keep it Nosferatu
    • Yes, back to Resire or something

Besides being the game that seemingly has no character name changes, Three Houses also seems to be going back and fixing a few odd or inconsistent terms.

Here's a few of 'em:

Reason was originally Anima in the GBA games. However it literally means "reason" in Japanese.

Armored Knight used to be just "Knight", but its full name was "Armor Knight" in Japanese. I'm guessing they changed this since we have lots of knights already, like Pegasus Knights.

Dexterity seems to be the new name for the Skill stat. Now, Skill was usually spelled "Skill" even in Japanese (like the level up screens). But in Japanese, it's synonymous with dexterity. I think they changed this to avoid confusion with special skills.

Ability is what I think special skills are now called. Again, this was also spelled "Skill" in Japanese, but in some games, the term is written so it can be synonymous with ability. Likewise, I think they changed the name because we now have "skill levels", which can't really be translated a better way (although I guess "aptitudes" would work as well).

Move Again is what Canto is now called. This was a pretty amusing oversight in the Tellius games. In the Japanese version, the singing ability and ability to use leftover movement are both called "Move Again". They cleverly gave it a singing flair in the English version of Path of Radiance. But when it became a generic skill, they stuck with the name regardless.

Which brings me to another odd name choice: Nosferatu.

We know this spell exists in Three Houses, but I don't think we've seen it in English. It first debuted in the West as a Dark magic spell in the GBA games. But it was originally Light magic in the SNES games and returned to being Light magic ever since the Tellius games.

Its original name is something like Resire. What they did was borrow the name from the already existing Nosferatu spell, which they renamed Fenrir (although there's actually a different Fenrir spell in Radiant Dawn).

The question is, do you think they'll finally rename Nosferatu? Or will they stick to their guns?

Strangely, they opted for Wyvern Rider despite already using Dracoknight--a more accurate name--in a few English games. That said, Wyvern Rider is not inherently "wrong", like Nosferatu is.

Edited by VincentASM

Unless there is also a Dark Magic spell named Nosferatu with the same effect(draining health), I could see them going with Nosferatu for the faith spell. But if there is a Dark Magic spell with that name I could totally see them keeping Resire as the name(especially seeing as though in recent years between Awakening; Fates and Heroes Nosferatu has pretty consistently been dark magic).

I dunno - given that the spell has a life draining effect, I think Nosferatu might remain unchanged (the name does come from that of a vampire, which is known to drain blood from other living things).

Resire if it's Light,
Nosferatu if it's Dark.

Now we have two spells that do the exact same thing but named with respect to its 'element'. And if they ever decide to do magic triangles again while giving them both life-draining spells, we won't have a "Fire beats Fire but loses to Fire" situation.

On Canto: while it has a singing flair, it doubles as a sort of wordplay for mounted units (as horses move at either a trot, a canter, or a gallop). I rather like it.

On Nosferatu: we have seen that it's a Faith spell in this game, so I'm for a renaming to Resire (or what you will). 

11 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

Resire if it's Light,
Nosferatu if it's Dark.

Now we have two spells that do the exact same thing but named with respect to its 'element'. And if they ever decide to do magic triangles again while giving them both life-draining spells, we won't have a "Fire beats Fire but loses to Fire" situation.

Bold: Um... what... ???

I can't see it happening unless Light and Dark magic are both in and both have a Nosferatu. Then again they could always opt for something crazy like naming both variants Nosferatu and adding a few other shared spells to give the elements a two sides of the same coin theme.