June's Legendary Hero: Eliwood: Blazing Knight

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

If he started the game just now, every focus unit of this banner might become useful. Doing full sessions raises the chance for more 5*. I think it's a valid strategy for the first weeks. 

@Nimrod I send you a friend request. 

That's true, things are a bit different early on.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I am wondering what B!Eliwood will be like after seeing his legendary.  Anyway there is no one here I need or want so I am skipping.  

^ Since this one has a Durandal, that makes me think his Brave version is even more likely to use a lance (Rex Hasta maybe?) since he can use lances when promoted.

Or they just troll us and pull a Hector, giving him yet again a Armads Durandal, which I actually wouldn't mind if they finally make a damn version that has anti-dragon on it.

48 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Now I am wondering what B!Eliwood will be like after seeing his legendary.  Anyway there is no one here I need or want so I am skipping.  

That's not hard to guess. I'm pretty certain he's going to be lance cavalry dressed like daddy Elbert, just like Roy dressed up as Eli.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I'm hoping for him to be a green unit, honestly. That way we'll have a red, blue, and green Eliwood for variety.

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I just wish they made a reference to him being literally one of the strongest human in the continent back in FE6

im a petty fucker

Oh gosh freaking yes, he literally becomes one of the strongest characters in the franchise and that flies so far under the radar.

10 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm hoping for him to be a green unit, honestly. That way we'll have a red, blue, and green Eliwood for variety.

Oh gosh freaking yes, he literally becomes one of the strongest characters in the franchise and that flies so far under the radar.

funny thing is IS actually knew about that scene, the valentine Tempest trial is literally a recreation of Eliwood hype in FE6 with only difference being it uses healthy Eliwood

The new Eliwood looks really nice, and will be the first Cavalry unit capable of competing in Arena for a decent score.  To bad merges will be hard to come by.  Here's to hoping I don't get pity broken by Ryoma and NY Hrid too much.  Too bad it's not regular Hrid.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Or he could be a tome user like his mother

Yeah, but taking after his dad is more likely given what some other Brave units have done. Ike, Roy, Lyn, Ephraim, and Lucina did it. Hector took after Uther because it was the next best thing for him, I imagine. Same with Veronica making Bruno references. Celica being turned into retro Celica is the only real odd one out of the bunch so far, but because of that, I'm predicting Brave Alm will do the same and be retro Alm.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but taking after his dad is more likely given what some other Brave units have done. Ike, Roy, Lyn, Ephraim, and Lucina did it. Hector took after Uther because it was the next best thing for him, I imagine. Same with Veronica making Bruno references. Celica being turned into retro Celica is the only real odd one out of the bunch so far, but because of that, I'm predicting Brave Alm will do the same and be retro Alm.

Giant codpiece Alm would be nice.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I always thought that just looked damn weird, but that retro look for him still makes sense to go with retro Brave Celica.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

While I wouldn’t mind the dong armor, I’d rather Alm in Rudolf or Mycen’s outfit instead. Brave Marth being his pantless version though, give me that shit :P

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

While I wouldn’t mind the dong armor, I’d rather Alm in Rudolf or Mycen’s outfit instead. Brave Marth being his pantless version though, give me that shit 😛

Well, too bad Marth keeps getting screwed...

Spoiler

That Res is pretty oof and his Hp is not great but the rest is nice. Not that it matters when he's a support unit but at least he'll be able to take out a stray green (I don't think he can take out Surtr without Axebreaker, though) if need arises.

He has a superboon in Atk so a +Atk L!Eliwood reaches 59 Atk before factoring DB4 (with it he has 67) which is extremely high but I think he'll benefit more from a +Spd nature unless you use the Darting Blow seal because base 34 is in that limbo between being slow and speedy.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

That Res is pretty oof and his Hp is not great but the rest is nice. Not that it matters when he's a support unit but at least he'll be able to take out a stray green (I don't think he can take out Surtr without Axebreaker, though) if need arises.

He has a superboon in Atk so a +Atk L!Eliwood reaches 59 Atk before factoring DB4 (with it he has 67) which is extremely high but I think he'll benefit more from a +Spd nature unless you use the Darting Blow seal because base 34 is in that limbo between being slow and speedy.

Spoiler

it feels weird if i want Eliwood to direct his attention to support, 59 ATK is a crazy high marks to reach to rig the bonus doubler receiver

48 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:
  Hide contents

it feels weird if i want Eliwood to direct his attention to support, 59 ATK is a crazy high marks to reach to rig the bonus doubler receiver

His effects don't proc on himself, if that's what you meant.

Overall, I find him boring. His Res was what differentiated him from other sword cavs, but now he's just another flavour of the same thing. Meh.

7 hours ago, Azuni said:

^ Since this one has a Durandal, that makes me think his Brave version is even more likely to use a lance (Rex Hasta maybe?) since he can use lances when promoted.

They seem to be saving those final chapter S-Rank weapons for other non-lord units and Black Fang members. B!Hector could’ve easily come with Rex Hasta and B!Lyn with Rienfleche and yet they didn’t. It was such a strange choice when I first saw them. 

I am kinda disappointed with Eliwood's stats... Sigurd keeps his status as the Higher BST for a Cavalry unit

It's funny that Eliwood has the Pair Up/175 BST ability, but I don't see him as good for Arena, becaue it's not guaranteed that uout Bonus unit will be the one with higher Atk.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am kinda disappointed with Eliwood's stats... Sigurd keeps his status as the Higher BST for a Cavalry unit

It's funny that Eliwood has the Pair Up/175 BST ability, but I don't see him as good for Arena, becaue it's not guaranteed that uout Bonus unit will be the one with higher Atk.

Level 4 Duel skills need to lower offensive stats then. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Level 4 Duel skills need to lower offensive stats then. 

But then the bonus ally cannot have this Level 4 Duel Skill, which will probably score even higher than a Level 3 Duel Skill. It will be a 400 or 500 Sp skill, since the Duel 3 is already 300 Sp. 

31 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

But then the bonus ally cannot have this Level 4 Duel Skill, which will probably score even higher than a Level 3 Duel Skill. It will be a 400 or 500 Sp skill, since the Duel 3 is already 300 Sp

Yeah, Duel skills are for the core. That's the philosophy: Cripple favorite unit for arena score, no killing needed anymore from him/her.