Voting Gauntlet: Headband Brawl (July 1st)

Voting Gauntlet: Headband Brawl  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What army will you support?

• Jeorge: Perfect Shot
    • Gray: Wry Comrade
    • Barst: The Hatchet
    • Tibarn: Lord of the Air
    • Sue: Doe of the Plains
    • Mia: Lady of Blades
    • Sanaki: Begnion's Apostle
    • Olivia: Sky-High Dancer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/28/2019 at 02:37 PM

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Tibarn seriously just lose against a generic blank slate? Its one of the most important Tellius character against a mute and the mute wins?

Either the multiplier system is completely broken or feather mercenaries are really devoted to their mercenary ways. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Did Tibarn seriously just lose against a generic blank slate? Its one of the most important Tellius character against a mute and the mute wins?

Either the multiplier system is completely broken or feather mercenaries are really devoted to their mercenary ways. 

It's the multiplier system. Tibarn had a commanding lead the entire time. Hell, I didn't get a single multiplier.

It's a combination of the two, most of the time the underdog loses anyways, so it requires the favorites bonus hour to be at the correct time, with the correct hourly gain on both units for a miracle like this to occur. And of course, enough feather mercs to push the underdog hard on the hours that count.
That said, it's always a pleasant surprise when the chosen underdog gains those victory feathers when waking up in the morning (even if they're negligible on the whole).

On 7/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, Landmaster said:

Why TF is everyone on Team Jeorge leading with Reds, y'all got to cease and desist  

I noticed this too, but then realized this morning that I was still running Marth instead of my usual Michalis

Big L for me lol

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The multiplier system is doing its job perfectly. No team has a guaranteed win from the start unless they have an incredibly large lead in team size.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The multiplier system is doing its job perfectly. No team has a guaranteed win from the start unless they have an incredibly large lead in team size.

I get that, but...  Didn't Tibarn have that incredibly large lead in team size?  I guess I'm just wondering how far ahead you have to be to actually win...

Anyway, on to team Mia!

Tibarn was so confident he was going to win that he told Barst to decide the final hour through an arm wrestling match. 

That was obviously a mistake. 

21 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I get that, but...  Didn't Tibarn have that incredibly large lead in team size?  I guess I'm just wondering how far ahead you have to be to actually win...

Anyway, on to team Mia!

The lead diminished rather quickly after the first hour to the point where it was only about 3× by the midpoint of the round.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I admit I was not really expecting Tibarn to lose to Barst of all people. So my heart goes out to everyone that supported Tibarn.

On the plus side, Jeorge won! Yay!

Thanks... This was really stupid, I was fully expecting Tibarn to win. His lead size seemed massive from where I stood.

I joined Jeorge, so it looks like we're now on the same team, omega.

Since Jeorge is colorless though, I switched out Summer Freddy as my lead. Regular Frederick is now there.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks... This was really stupid, I was fully expecting Tibarn to win. His lead size seemed massive from where I stood.

I joined Jeorge, so it looks like we're now on the same team, omega.

Since Jeorge is colorless though, I switched out Summer Freddy as my lead. Regular Frederick is now there.

Yeah. Definitely not the first time this has happened, sadly. It's one of those come from behind victories that you just can't enjoy since it's Barst. The guy is from the Archanea series, which gave such minimal character personalities, with Barst being one of them. 

Awesome. Back on the same team. Let's hope that Jeorge can avenge Tibarn.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah. Definitely not the first time this has happened, sadly. It's one of those come from behind victories that you just can't enjoy since it's Barst. The guy is from the Archanea series, which gave such minimal character personalities, with Barst being one of them. 

Awesome. Back on the same team. Let's hope that Jeorge can avenge Tibarn.

Yeah, it isn't like how Ike came from behind Grima Robin since it involved two very popular characters (boy was I excited at that one though, since I'm an Ike fangirl and hate Grima Robin since I never liked Grima and I wanted a Levin Sword Robin). Or Sigurd losing to Pent, since both are popular and known to a degree as well. Barst is like...who really cares or knows much about him except people who played any of the Marth games? I didn't really know of him myself until I played Heroes and I DID play a little of Shadow Dragon.

At least Tibarn is loved though. Coolest bird dude ever! Reyson gives him competition for his punching of Oliver, but yeah. XD

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it isn't like how Ike came from behind Grima Robin since it involved two very popular characters. Or Sigurd and Pent, since both are popular and known to a degree as well. Barst is like...who really cares or knows much about him except people who played any of the Marth games? I didn't really know of him myself until I played Heroes and I DID play a little of Shadow Dragon.

At least Tibarn is loved though. Coolest bird dude ever! Reyson gives him competition for his punching of Oliver, but yeah. XD

Even as someone that played Marth's games, Barst isn't that interesting of a character, nor is he a gamebreaking unit. Marth's games don't offer much for characters because it's a minimalist game, despite the remakes. 

And even if Barst had some personality, it isn't something that can even be compared to Tibarn. 

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Even as someone that played Marth's games, Barst isn't that interesting of a character, nor is he a gamebreaking unit. Marth's games don't offer much for characters because it's a minimalist game, despite the remakes. 

And even if Barst had some personality, it isn't something that can even be compared to Tibarn. 

Yeah, which is why I don't like Shadow Dragon. The remake is minimalist too which to me defeats the whole point of remaking the game. A remake is supposed to improve upon the original, not just slap the original with prettier graphics (and even in this case, that's debatable because I don't like the character mugs in SD. They're so generic and lack emotion). After RD brought cool stuff like third tier classes, ledge mechanics, and all that in particular, SD felt so boring and bare bones. I also don't like being forced to sacrifice a bunch of units to continue the story.

Edited by Anacybele

Barst has an adorable 5 second cameo in the anime. And all I know about Tibarn has that one meme cutscene. I'll call it even from representation outside FEH. Inside FEH, no contest, Barst is one of the most essential units in the game and my army would be barely functional without his Repositions.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, which is why I don't like Shadow Dragon. The remake is minimalist too which to me defeats the whole point of remaking the game. A remake is supposed to improve upon the original, not just slap the original with prettier graphics (and even in this case, that's debatable because I don't like the character mugs in SD. They're so generic and lack emotion). After RD brought cool stuff like third tier classes, ledge mechanics, and all that in particular, SD felt so boring and bare bones. I also don't like being forced to sacrifice a bunch of units to continue the story.

Granted, the remakes did help improve SOME characters immensely and included some new ones that are terrific. I will always defend Katarina for what she goes through in FE12. And Marth is just amazing as a character in his journey during FE11. 

Now, in this Gauntlet, if it was Jeorge and Tibarn, now that might be different since Jeorge reveals something quite amazing in FE12. It gives something so profound to his character that it makes him very interesting, despite the minimal approach.

Speaking of, Barst’s convos with Kris in FE12 are hilarious. He tells Kris his whole life story... except we don’t get to see any of it. 

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Granted, the remakes did help improve SOME characters immensely and included some new ones that are terrific. I will always defend Katarina for what she goes through in FE12. And Marth is just amazing as a character in his journey during FE11. 

Now, in this Gauntlet, if it was Jeorge and Tibarn, now that might be different since Jeorge reveals something quite amazing in FE12. It gives something so profound to his character that it makes him very interesting, despite the minimal approach.

Jeorge is interesting to me, yeah. Because he hates his own family and seemingly for good reason. I'm planning to have a character kinda like that in my fic too, this guy is ashamed of his ancestors and how half his family still worships those shameful ancestors. So Jeorge being something akin to one of my own ideas is cool.