Special Heroes - Summer Refreshes

Jave

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The remake of FE7 will feature Lyn as a bow lord whose final weapon is Mulagir instead of Sol Katti.

Also, question to anyone who can recall: was our last male TT reward picnic Leo? They really need to start giving us more dudes.

☝️☝️☝️

Definitely. I love my ladies, but the guys need some love too! 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... the seasonals lately have felt so... familiar lately...

~Ursula being seasonaled I'm... alright with I guess? Giving a little rep to the guys in the back? Def/Res Ruse looks pretty great actually, a direct upgrade to the existing Feint skills we've had. But... not only does Linde still exist, but we just got Gunnthra as well. And they're ALL Summer units to boot! What exactly about summer invokes the image of "Cavalier Dagger"?!

~Can someone tell me how Broadleaf Fan differs from The Cleaner? The wording tells me that the Broadleaf Fan adds to the users Atk (for skills like Draconic Aura), while The Cleaner's wording tells me that it adds to in-battle damage, but that's about all I can think.
...oh right Lilina. Uhhh... no. Sorry, but being Red doesn't change that you are another Summer Dagger Cav. She doesn't even look unique otherwise...

~...wait, Brazen Atk/Spd 4??? What the hell???????
...right, Wolt. New character to the game, can't imagine he'll be much more than a stronger but likely slower Sue.

~Lyn... eh. I at least feel like she's more of a character than Camilla the Corrinsexual.
How she'll do against Armors will depend on how much base Def she has, cause +14 def won't mean much if it's base 22 or something.

But in the end... honestly, I'm not that impressed that we have yet another Summer Dagger Cav. If we had just been getting Summer Gunnthra this summer, then I woudn't feel so meh about them.

Also, terrible banner name choice. Where the hell is Azura? Bout time we make a Red Azura.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yes. April was Leo, May was Louise, June was Ylgr, and now July is Fiora.

Now that you mention it, there weren't many for a while before Leo, either. I think the next most recent is Dorcas, back in October.

It's kind of annoying because IS can't find a happy medium

Before, we were getting a lot of male TT rewards (most of whom were at least new characters), but a lot of them were really mediocre or unacceptable for the time when they were released. Like Canas. Now they're just giving us too many women in stupid seasonal outfits.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Before, we were getting a lot of male TT rewards (most of whom were at least new characters), but a lot of them were really mediocre or unacceptable for the time when they were released. Like Canas. Now they're just giving us too many women in stupid seasonal outfits. 

Yeah, exactly. This is really annoying.

Though Bride Louise is really pretty and at least tasteful.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

We also don't get "normal" TTs anymore.  For the last year, it's just been seasonal Tempests, but that's part of the larger issues of having to have a "special" banner every month, which also raises the question of how they're "special" anymore, when more than 50% of the banners aren't even regular banners anymore.

24 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

I think Lyn is the only character in FEH that can make a somewhat optimal team...with only herself! 👌 :Lyn:

17 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Camilla also covers all colors and can make a flier emblem team by herself, with one dagger unit and tomes of all colors.

Xander as well. We have OG Xander, Summer Xander, Spring Xander and Festival Xander, which one being a different color. They can use Tactic Skills, and we even have a dancer in the team to help.

@Sunwoo Speaking of which...when was the last time we had a banner with more or a equal amount of guys compared to girls in a banner that wasn't Voting Gaunlet or TT related? Cause I can't remember one off the top of my head...

3 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

@Sunwoo Speaking of which...when was the last time we had a banner with more or a equal amount of guys compared to girls in a banner that wasn't Voting Gaunlet or TT related? Cause I can't remember one off the top of my head...

I believe that was the amazing Greil's Devoted banner. Three guys to one girl on the banner. I still think it's the best one this game ever got, though it'll be hard to top such beauty. 😛

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Xander as well. We have OG Xander, Summer Xander, Spring Xander and Festival Xander, which one being a different color. They can use Tactic Skills, and we even have a dancer in the team to help.

I still feel Lyn has the more optimal set-up since she has her Bridal version (Healer).

I know Healers in FEH are...not always good options(because unless their B!Veronica, you can hit too well), but they go a long way with me.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sorry, forgot to add "magic and physical balance" other than the color balance. Xander doesn't have that, all his versions are physical.

Well THIS is certainly a banner I didn't expect to see. I'm a little annoyed, honestly, because IS is REALLY messing with my plans of saving orbs for Brave Lyn's next rerun. But I have to have at least one of every Lyn, so I HAVE to pull on this banner for that new Lyn. Dang it, IS! The bright side is that it's been over a year since Lyn's last alt, and she's still behind Camilla in the alt count, so...it's not too bad, I guess? Anyway...

Pros:
-Oh hey another Lyn. As a Lyn fan, me like.
-Elibe is getting attention, yay! Been over a year since we had an FE7 banner.
-FIORA?! WHAAAAAAT?! BEST PEGASUS SISTER!

Cons:
-Oh hey another Lyn. As a Lyn fan, me actually a little annoyed because...why not save her next alt for a sword alt where she WIELDS HER SIGNATURE MANI KATTI?!?!
-Fiora and Wolt, yay! BUT...also...seasonal debut instead of getting in the game proper...yay...
-MESSING WITH MY ORB SAVING PLANS, IS!
-I really feel like maybe Florina could have been the choice on the banner over Lyn or Ursula, maybe?
-Only one dude. Yeah I know the chicks sell but come ON, IS!

So, overall...I'm mixed. I'll always take more Lyn, but...even as a Lyn fan...why is she here? I mean I'm not complaining, you KNOW I'll pull for her, but...why?

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

6 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

I think the Gallia banner was the last one, with only Lethe vs Mufasa, Ranulf, and Mordecai, plus Haar GHB.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I believe that was the amazing Greil's Devoted banner. Three guys to one girl on the banner. I still think it's the best one this game ever got, though it'll be hard to top such beauty. 😛

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think the Gallia banner was the last one, with only Lethe vs Mufasa, Ranulf, and Mordecai, plus Haar GHB.

So only the recent Tellius Banners? Cool. Got it! :lol: :KnollRoll:

And those were the banners I was most hyped for in recent memory too.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well THIS is certainly a banner I didn't expect to see. I'm a little annoyed, honestly, because IS is REALLY messing with my plans of saving orbs for Brave Lyn's next rerun. But I have to have at least one of every Lyn, so I HAVE to pull on this banner for that new Lyn. Dang it, IS! The bright side is that it's been over a year since Lyn's last alt, and she's still behind Camilla in the alt count, so...it's not too bad, I guess? Anyway...

Pros:
-Oh hey another Lyn. As a Lyn fan, me like.
-Elibe is getting attention, yay! Been over a year since we had an FE7 banner.
-FIORA?! WHAAAAAAT?! BEST PEGASUS SISTER!

Cons:
-Oh hey another Lyn. As a Lyn fan, me actually a little annoyed because...why not save her next alt for a sword alt where she WIELDS HER SIGNATURE MANI KATTI?!?!
-Fiora and Wolt, yay! BUT...also...seasonal debut instead of getting in the game proper...yay...
-MESSING WITH MY ORB SAVING PLANS, IS!
-I really feel like maybe Florina could have been the choice on the banner over Lyn or Ursula, maybe?
-Only one dude. Yeah I know the chicks sell but come ON, IS!

Sums up my feelings almost perfectly. 👍

Edited by Busterman64

Oh, I was thinking only seasonal banners, not all banners. Then yeah, the Gallia banner was the most recent one, which means both of the most recent banners that had equal or more guys were all Tellius indeed. Kind of odd. But I can't complain, Tellius is the best!

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We also don't get "normal" TTs anymore.  For the last year, it's just been seasonal Tempests, but that's part of the larger issues of having to have a "special" banner every month, which also raises the question of how they're "special" anymore, when more than 50% of the banners aren't even regular banners anymore.

This was indeed one of the worst things that IS has done this year. I want more "normal" TTs so we can have new characters. Forging Bonds wasn't worth losing normal TTs. Although to be fair, we wouldn't have "lost" normal TTs if they didn't feel the need to make up hot springs and picnic banner just for the sake of having seasonal banners!

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

This was indeed one of the worst things that IS has done this year. I want more "normal" TTs so we can have new characters. Forging Bonds wasn't worth losing normal TTs. Although to be fair, we wouldn't have "lost" normal TTs if they didn't feel the need to make up hot springs and picnic banner just for the sake of having seasonal banners!

Technically Fiora is new though. But I agree, we should get more new characters in TTs, not just seasonal alts of characters already in the game. 😕

Oh, I'm quoting you an awful lot tonight, Sunwoo. lol sorry about that. We're just agreeing on SO much right now!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Technically Fiora is new though. But I agree, we should get more new characters in TTs, not just seasonal alts of characters already in the game. 😕

Well, it's true that Fiora and Louise were at least new, which is something. Although, like I said before, I am slightly pessimistic about so many of our seasonal characters who are debuting in the game having either their original weapon, their original move type, or both. It makes me worried that we're not going to see normal versions of these guys for a long time, if ever, which isn't really positive. And if by some miracle we do get their normal selves in a reasonable amount of time, it'll be extremely redundant.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Well, it's true that Fiora and Louise were at least new, which is something. Although, like I said before, I am slightly pessimistic about so many of our seasonal characters who are debuting in the game having either their original weapon, their original move type, or both. It makes me worried that we're not going to see normal versions of these guys for a long time, if ever, which isn't really positive. And if by some miracle we do get their normal selves in a reasonable amount of time, it'll be extremely redundant.

Yeah, that's a fair point too. It's not fair to fans of these characters if their normal versions are never added. While I'd be glad if, like, a seasonal Kieran happened since it means he's in the game at all, I want his normal version too, not for him to remain seasonal only.

Yay more orbs to save for Summer Micaiah and the debut of my 3 Houses faves! It does make me regret not at least giving the Legendary banner a try, but that's hindsight for you.

Anyway, Lilina is the only one I remotely care about on this banner and I can live without her. She does look good admittedly, though I wish they'd try different artists for her.

A sixth Lyn was just a matter of time I suppose. Don't really feel the rage, just minor annoyance. I suppose Intsys thought enough time had passed for fans to calm down about her, but I guess it's proven not to be the case.

Anyway, back to saving orbs!

OH ALSO another complaint I have, as a Lyn fan, is that...literally every single version she has in the game right now, with the SOLE exception of her normal launch version, is ranged. ALL of them are ranged. Bride, Brave, Valentine, Legendary, Summer. If they HAD to put Lyn in this banner, couldn't they at least have done something unique and given her an axe or a lance? Which AGAIN makes me say Mani Katti Lyn WHEN? I know her Brave version kicked off the whole bow thing but, like...I dunno. Come on.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

OH ALSO another complaint I have, as a Lyn fan, is that...literally every single version she has in the game right now, with the SOLE exception of her normal launch version, is ranged. ALL of them are ranged. Bride, Brave, Valentine, Legendary, Summer. If they HAD to put Lyn in this banner, couldn't they at least have done something unique and given her an axe or a lance? Which AGAIN makes me say Mani Katti Lyn WHEN? I know her Brave version kicked off the whole bow thing but, like...I dunno. Come on.

Again, I think Heroes is trying to retcon her into a bow lord. Because apparently it makes her "unique" compared to Hector, Eliwood, and pretty much all the other lords.

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Which AGAIN makes me say Mani Katti Lyn WHEN?

Mani Katti Lyn and and Infantry Wolf Beil Hector are my most wanted alts for both them but instead they keep throwing Bow Lyns and Hector but with a slightly better stat spread and Armads at us.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Worst seasonal banner in a long time

Interesting opinion...

Well... not wanting to provoke you or make you angry but... I consider this banner way better than the Greil's Devoted Banner. Not that I didn't like the characters in that banner, but because the unit types and skills were less interesting in that banner than in this one. Here, I would like to have some of the units. In the Valentine Banner, I couldn't care less...

In my opinion, the Greil's Devoted was the worst seasonal banner of 2019 until this day.

Oh look, another banner I can safely ignore since I could care less about the units on the banner though seeing an Elibe banner reminds I really should finish my current Blazing Blade playthrough someday. Though I do find it kind of funny that ever since February the units I would have most likely spent orbs for (V!Titania, Haar, P!Leo, F!Delthea, Cynthia and now S!Fiora) were the freebie units so it has been easy for me to save orbs this year especially since I want to have a big stack of orbs ready for Farfetched Heroes and even this month's Mythic Banner is tempting with L!Alm, Eir and hopefully Caineghis too.

So yeah, I really only care about Fiora here (she's even a sword unit as well since we just got a free lance flier last month) and even then I'm sad that this is probably the only version of her we are going to get and we will never see Heroes art of Fiora in her normal attire.

Also, since Lyn got another alt I guess we should expect another Lucina alt before the end of the year huh?

Edited by NSSKG151