The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Are level ups rigged so that you always get a minimum of two stat ups? I’m halfway through my second run and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a level up with one or zero +1s. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jave said:

Are level ups rigged so that you always get a minimum of two stat ups? I’m halfway through my second run and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a level up with one or zero +1s. 

Pretty sure I've seen single-stat level ups, and I'd have been nowhere near the stat caps since I'm still pre-timeskip. No zero stat-ups yet though.

Edited by Humanoid

Were Pegasus Knights originally meant to be an advanced class? Because those on the enemy side have Lancefaire and 7 move, which heavily implies they were supposed to be one, considering that -faire abilities tend to be on advanced classes.

Edit: Does confusion prevent monsters from moving on the enemy phase after it's inflicted, or will it wear off after the end of the player phase?

Edited by Shadow Mir

Can't really say with Pegasus Knights, they are definitely an advanced class for enemies. It could be that they planned to have three tiers for pegasii, but then decided to drop down to just two, and did different things for enemy and player pegasii.

Confusion from breaking a single barrier piece wears off after one attack or at the start of enemy phase, so they will still attack. Stunning from breaking all barriers wears off after the enemy phase, so they won't attack.

5 minutes ago, De Geso said:

What is the best way to get ranks in flying on Byleth? Faculty training from Seteth?

Yeah. Also, Manuela can train in flying iirc.

2 hours ago, De Geso said:

What is the best way to get ranks in flying on Byleth? Faculty training from Seteth?

Manuela + Seteth. (i find (having a Pega-Byleth for 4 playthroughs now) she can usually cheese it, if her lance is high enough. 

do you need Leonie for the Linhardt/Leonie paralogue? (I LOVE that bow - but i am trying to do a run w/o Leonie). I know for the Ignatz/Raphael you need one or the other. (and the Ingrid/Dorothea you need one or the other - but you need ingrid recruited to get the relic). 

30 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

do you need Leonie for the Linhardt/Leonie paralogue? (I LOVE that bow - but i am trying to do a run w/o Leonie). I know for the Ignatz/Raphael you need one or the other. (and the Ingrid/Dorothea you need one or the other - but you need ingrid recruited to get the relic). 

Pre-Timeskip you just need one or the other (as everyone is a student at the Monastery), but rewards are tied to what characters you have.

Post-Timeskip you need both characters.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Pre-Timeskip you just need one or the other (as everyone is a student at the Monastery), but rewards are tied to what characters you have.

Post-Timeskip you need both characters.

thanks much

well. Leonie. welcome back! 😄

eta to add:
Where do you find the Opera Dancer Battalion? I noticed on SF's list but i don't think i experienced it. 
considering that the Blue Lion Dancers is A, having a dance available at B is great. 

Edited by daisy jane

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

thanks much

well. Leonie. welcome back! 😄

eta to add:
Where do you find the Opera Dancer Battalion? I noticed on SF's list but i don't think i experienced it. 
considering that the Blue Lion Dancers is A, having a dance available at B is great. 

You get them from taking either Manuela or Dorothea near the Opera House and then after you activate their monologue you'll receive the battalions once the battle ends.

30 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

You get them from taking either Manuela or Dorothea near the Opera House and then after you activate their monologue you'll receive the battalions once the battle ends.

I know that this wasn't addressed to me, but when is this?

35 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I know that this wasn't addressed to me, but when is this?

It's during the Enbarr map late into the game. I know it's available for Blue Lions as I did it using Dorothea, but I can't confirm if it exists on other routes as I haven't gotten that far yet.

To recap, to get the Opera Company Volunteers, you need to bring Dorothea (or Manuela?) near the Opera House on the map. They will say something about the Opera House and the battalion is gained after the map ends.
For potential specifics on all routes, click the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Chapter 21 for Blue Lions - Our Chosen Paths (Confirmed as I did this myself and got the battalion.)

Chapter 19 for Golden Deer - The Chaos of War (Uncertain as I haven't gotten that far in GD)

Chapter 18 for Church - The Chaos of War (Uncertain as I haven't played this route yet.)
Not available on Edelgard's route since Enbarr is never visited as a battle map.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

It's during the Enbarr map late into the game. I know it's available for Blue Lions as I did it using Dorothea, but I can't confirm if it exists on other routes as I haven't gotten that far yet.

To recap, to get the Opera Company Volunteers, you need to bring Dorothea (or Manuela?) near the Opera House on the map. They will say something about the Opera House and the battalion is gained after the map ends.

Hide contents

Chapter 21 for Blue Lions - Our Chosen Paths (Confirmed as I did this myself and got the battalion.)

Chapter 19 for Golden Deer - The Chaos of War (Uncertain as I haven't gotten that far in GD)

Chapter 18 for Church - The Chaos of War (Uncertain as I haven't played this route yet.)
Not available on Edelgard's route since Enbarr is never visited as a battle map.

WOW thanks!! man i could have had 2 of them?! 
(go figure, i *had* Dorothea for every run too - due to my OG Students Only rule by the time this qualified - i missed out. I was even thinking of dropping Dorothea from my future playthroughs buuuttttt)..... 

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nice to know. Thanks. I asked because I thought - and rightly so - that this was a Guide Dang It! - while a player might know that those two are associated with the opera house, nothing would indicate that having one of them stop there would get you something.

28 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Nice to know. Thanks. I asked because I thought - and rightly so - that this was a Guide Dang It! - while a player might know that those two are associated with the opera house, nothing would indicate that having one of them stop there would get you something.

To be fair its pretty obvious that you'll need to take them there from just hovering the cursor over the Opera House since it'll go out of it's way to mention Manuela and Dorothea as having some special connection to it. Same thing with the Church on the same chapter mentioning Seteth and Flayn.

EDIT: On a related note, is the speedwing you get at the end from the chapter also related to having characters visit the church/opera or is it something you always get? Because I assume it was one reward per character since I got the two battalions plus the speedwing and I had Manuela, Dorothea, and Seteth visit which lines up nicely to the number of rewards it gave me. And if it is, is there a possible fourth reward for having all four characters visit the locations?

Edited by NegativeExponents-

13 minutes ago, Cor Leonis said:

How feasible is it to get Byleth (male) into Wyvern Rider? Getting the lance and axe ranks seems easy enough, but I only remember Seteth tutoring flying.

Manuela teaches flying as well. 
I always pop FByleth on a Pegasus to falcon in every playthrough. 

56 minutes ago, Cor Leonis said:

How feasible is it to get Byleth (male) into Wyvern Rider? Getting the lance and axe ranks seems easy enough, but I only remember Seteth tutoring flying.

If you get the axe don't worry about flying, a D is enough to pass the exam.

That said I have a question of my own, what does it mean when enemies attack and there's a bar over the x2 or x4? I've seen it happen with Gauntlets enemies, they attack and supposedly should attack 2 times, but the x2 is crossed and grayed out.

1 minute ago, timon said:

If you get the axe don't worry about flying, a D is enough to pass the exam.

That said I have a question of my own, what does it mean when enemies attack and there's a bar over the x2 or x4? I've seen it happen with Gauntlets enemies, they attack and supposedly should attack 2 times, but the x2 is crossed and grayed out.

That's likely dual guard/adjutant defense, or whatever it's called. It's always been that for me.

Edited by Cysx

On combat arts for class mastery: Do those just disappear after you change class to something else? I recall both Bernadetta and Shamir failing to retain it in my playthrough, but it's possible I missed it. I know normally you need to equip combat arts but I didn't see it in the list while they were Bow Knights.

22 minutes ago, De Geso said:

On combat arts for class mastery: Do those just disappear after you change class to something else? I recall both Bernadetta and Shamir failing to retain it in my playthrough, but it's possible I missed it. I know normally you need to equip combat arts but I didn't see it in the list while they were Bow Knights.

Mastery and Relic Combat Arts go to special bonus slots and cannot be equipped normally i.e. Yes, they disappear.
The intent, I suppose, is that they don't want Bow Knights firing Hunter's Volleys from across the map. >.>

26 minutes ago, De Geso said:

Some arts are learned as normal arts, and can be used in any class, e.g. Subdue, movement arts and Triangle Attack. Others such as Hunter's Volley, War Master's Strike, Astra etc. can only be used in the class that gives them, and they don't have to be equipped like a normal art - you just have access as a bonus 4th art.

I literally just bought a Switch today for this game. This means I have a NGC, Xbox 360 and now a Switch.

Anyway, does anyone know the AS formula regarding Wt and Str?

10 minutes ago, Life said:

I literally just bought a Switch today for this game. This means I have a NGC, Xbox 360 and now a Switch.

Weight is negated by 20% of your Strength, rounded down. This figure is then just taken from your Speed as usual.

3 hours ago, Cor Leonis said:

Just tutor in Flying with Seteth and Manuela. Getting to D rank is fairly easy, and remember you can take the tests earlier but there's a chance for failure.

I managed to make my male Byleth into a flier without any problems. Granted, I'm on NG+ and have higher professor levels, but it should still be possible in a normal playthrough if one focuses on faculty training over other things.

52 minutes ago, Life said:

AS = SPD - (WT - [STR * 0.2])
Provided I wrote that right...

In other words, for every 5 points of STR, it takes off one point of WT. So, 20 STR would remove 4 WT.