The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

When's the earliest you can get an experience gem in the BL path? I know you get a knowledge gem in Sothis's paralogue but I can't remember the experience gem.

Manuela's Paralogue is about the earliest you can get one. She can only be recurited after Chapter 7, so you should get it by Chapter 8 by the earliest.

Edited by LoneRecon400

19 minutes ago, LoneRecon400 said:

Manuela's Paralogue is about the earliest you can get one. She can only be recurited after Chapter 7, so you should get it by Chapter 8 by the earliest.

Sorry if i'm mistaken, but the way you phrased that makes it sound like there are other Experience gems apart from the Oil and Water one. Can you get multiple? Cause i'd never seen a way to do that.

7 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Sorry if i'm mistaken, but the way you phrased that makes it sound like there are other Experience gems apart from the Oil and Water one. Can you get multiple? Cause i'd never seen a way to do that.

I thought there was one in Claude's Paralogue, but after checking I realized I was confusing it with the Rapier.

So that's the only Experience Gem you can get.

2 hours ago, Neltharak said:

I couldn't find an answer searching, are there any permanent downsides to downclassing ? 

I promoted Edelgard to wyvern rider without mastering brigand, and i was wondering if there were permanent effects if i classed her down again. (Past the fact she won't have wyvern growth rates when leveling). 

You can come back to Brigand whenever you feel like. There are no repercussions in the long term.

2 hours ago, Neltharak said:

I couldn't find an answer searching, are there any permanent downsides to downclassing ? 

I promoted Edelgard to wyvern rider without mastering brigand, and i was wondering if there were permanent effects if i classed her down again. (Past the fact she won't have wyvern growth rates when leveling). 

Not that I know of. I had downclassed my recruited units for the sake of picking up HP +5.

9 hours ago, LoneRecon400 said:

Hah. So intentionally not recruiting Hanneman and Manuela on Blue Lions means I miss out not only on the only available Rapier... but also the only available Experience Gem. Beautiful.

Well, at least no one can call paralogues a waste of time.

I have a couple questions about the Paired Endings mechanic. 

1. When do you actually get to select who Byleth marries? (Do we even get to decide who Byleth marries or is it just dependent on highest support?) 

2. What determines which characters are paired together? Is it controllable? 

Please try to keep responses as spoiler-free as possible!

25 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

1. When do you actually get to select who Byleth marries? (Do we even get to decide who Byleth marries or is it just dependent on highest support?) 

Right before the final battle (chapter 22 on Verdant Wind, chapter 21 on Silver Snow, chapter 17 on Crimson Flower, and chapter 21 on Azure Moon). Note that the latter two have back-to-back chapters.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

2. What determines which characters are paired together? Is it controllable?

The game looks at all the characters that have achieved A or A+ support and chooses which pairs have the highest support points of all of them. A+ automatically beats A. S automatically beats both (so as not to screw up your choice). The best way to control is just have the chosen pairs near each other as much as possible. The easiest way is to only allow 1 A support for each character (in addition to whichever character you're S-ranking, since it won't get messed up), but then you won't get the A rank bonuses as much.

Hello Everyone,

I'm in process of making a build guide app for Fire Emblem Three Houses, and I would like to use the character sprites of all playable characters in my guide. Can someone please let me know what would be the proper (legal) way for me to attain them? Thanks.

13 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

Is it possible to do Hilda's paralogue without recruiting Cyril?

I doubt it. I think it's held to the same standard as the part 2 paralogues, which require both characters involved.

Are any of the DLC classes gender locked?

EDIT: Does Sacred Shield negate damage from physical enemies with Counterattack if you force combat with them from range?

Edited by Shadow Mir

13 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

Is it possible to do Hilda's paralogue without recruiting Cyril?

32 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I doubt it. I think it's held to the same standard as the part 2 paralogues, which require both characters involved.

Cyril is an automatic recruit if you play any route expect Crimson Flower, and Hilda & Cyril paralogue can be played during War Phase. Cyril can be recruitable early, though, by talking to him at Lv 10 or above.

Basically you will have Cyril, you wanting him or not... Unless you kill him in combat in thechapter you get him.

I am not sure if you have to recruit him to trigger the paralogue before timeskip, because I know there are some paralogues that do not require both characters (Dorothea and Ingrid, for example).

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Are any of the DLC classes gender locked?

Dark flier is female only. Though I've heard it might be called Harrier instead since it has Black tomefaire but not Dark. The others are neutral.

48 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Dark flier is female only. Though I've heard it might be called Harrier instead since it has Black tomefaire but not Dark. The others are neutral.

Well, that was to be expected. I was also expecting Wart Monk to be male only.

Do we know the requirements for these classes?

45 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well, that was to be expected. I was also expecting Wart Monk to be male only.

Do we know the requirements for these classes?

Yeah, they were posted a while ago as a news update. See here.

Spoiler

Trickster: B Swords, B Faith

War Monk: B+ Fists, C+ Faith

Dark Flier: B+ Reason, C Flight

Mage Knight: B Reason, B Riding

Would love to see the Three Houses portal updated with the DLC details (how can I game the Sauna?), but that'll have to wait I guess.

7 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Yeah, they were posted a while ago as a news update. See here.

Reveal hidden contents

Trickster: B Swords, B Faith

War Monk: B+ Fists, C+ Faith

Dark Flier: B+ Reason, C Flight

Mage Knight: B Reason, B Riding

Would love to see the Three Houses portal updated with the DLC details (how can I game the Sauna?), but that'll have to wait I guess.

I see. Honestly, what I find disappointing is that all but one of the DLC classes give abilities that were already learnable from mastering other classes.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I see. Honestly, what I find disappointing is that all but one of the DLC classes give abilities that were already learnable from mastering other classes.

I still have a sliver of hope that those are placeholders and there will be new skills when it actually drops.

I was thinking about the lessons and how they presumably work. Weapon classes would be mostly drills, with some theory on technique. Riding and flying are presumably spending time with/on the mounts to get a feel for caring for and handling them. Heavy armor could be strength training to bulk up your muscles in order to handle all that extra weight.

...and then there's Authority training.

How exactly would that work in-universe? "Class, today I'm gonna teach you how to boss people around."