Jump to content
DefyingFates

What Classes would YOU like added as DLC?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Good point. This still leaves Dimitri out to dry though...

I'd considered giving Dimitri a horse so that all 3 non-weapon skills are represented, but I'm not sure Edelgard having magic would make up for being the only one without Canto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I'd considered giving Dimitri a horse so that all 3 non-weapon skills are represented, but I'm not sure Edelgard having magic would make up for being the only one without Canto.

Dimitri is more unique without a horse though. 

 

Also, Edelgard kind of does have Canto if you count Aymr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- More swords.  More bows.  So why not make a Master Assassin or something?
- Gauntlets are a cool idea, but I can't see it coexisting with magic (YOU try making intricate movements while your hands are wrapped up).  Gauntlet/lance would make the most sense IMO.
- And lastly, axe/magic, so that Annette and Edelgard don't feel weird.  How this would work is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I half expect the new classes will be like amiibo classes so vanguard, tactician and whatnot. Be kinda lame but I wouldn’t be surprised. My big question is will they be master classes or lower tier cause I’d mostly want old standard classes that aren’t present popping upin various tiers. Troubadour for earlier mounted casting would be great and  I’d really wanna see weapon/magic classes like the old war monk or priestess classes as advanced classes. Axe/magic would be cool for Annette (and only her I suppose) while bow/magic could be neat for Mercedes and Hanneman. They could have magic counter for mastery since it’s not in the game yet. Maybe not particularly better than current options though. Other than that a foot lance class like errybody’s been saying but I’d hope it’d give you Defensive formation for mastery to avoid getting doubled without waiting for war master. I mean the icons in the game files so seems like it could make an appearance. Dark flier would be neat and probably super broken but Flayn and Marianne would love it. Also I feel like there should be some sort of manakete or faux-laguz option but don’t know how likely that is for plot reasons.

Also question, when people say they want a master magic class for guys, what do they mean? I mean I get Gremory but male as a concept but is it literally just that? Cause as is it is it seems like the only guy who’d really want it is Lindhardt and I feel like he doesn’t really mind being a bishop. Likewise Lorenz is tailor made to be a dark knight and while I haven’t done BE yet it seems like Hubert would do well with Canto and Dark tomefaire. Just seems like male Gremory would be okay but may not really add anything. Unless it gives them all the tomefaires instead of doubling casting or something so it plays differently too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, eclipse said:

- And lastly, axe/magic, so that Annette and Edelgard don't feel weird.  How this would work is beyond me.

17-FE5_(2)019.png

Barons have been a thing for a while and it'd add another armor class.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say Mage Knight (advanced, mounted, +2 Reason/Faith/Riding, can use magic, class skills: Canto, Fiendish Blow, master skill: Seal Magic), Trueblade (master, +3 Sword/Axe/Brawl, class skills: Swordfaire, Fistfaire, Avoid +10, master skill: idk), Baron (master, armored, +3 Axe/Reason/Authority, can use magic, class skills: Axefaire, Black Magic uses x2, Dark Magic uses x2, mastery skill: General), and Archsage (master, +3 Reason/Faith, can use magic, class skills: White Magic Range +1, Black Magic Range +1, Dark Magic Range +1).

Opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

I'd say Mage Knight (advanced, mounted, +2 Reason/Faith/Riding, can use magic, class skills: Canto, Fiendish Blow, master skill: Seal Magic), Trueblade (master, +3 Sword/Axe/Brawl, class skills: Swordfaire, Fistfaire, Avoid +10, master skill: idk), Baron (master, armored, +3 Axe/Reason/Authority, can use magic, class skills: Axefaire, Black Magic uses x2, Dark Magic uses x2, mastery skill: General), and Archsage (master, +3 Reason/Faith, can use magic, class skills: White Magic Range +1, Black Magic Range +1, Dark Magic Range +1).

Opinions?

I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kruggov said:

I'd say Mage Knight (advanced, mounted, +2 Reason/Faith/Riding, can use magic, class skills: Canto, Fiendish Blow, master skill: Seal Magic), Trueblade (master, +3 Sword/Axe/Brawl, class skills: Swordfaire, Fistfaire, Avoid +10, master skill: idk), Baron (master, armored, +3 Axe/Reason/Authority, can use magic, class skills: Axefaire, Black Magic uses x2, Dark Magic uses x2, mastery skill: General), and Archsage (master, +3 Reason/Faith, can use magic, class skills: White Magic Range +1, Black Magic Range +1, Dark Magic Range +1). 

Opinions? 

I like these too, they're really good! A Lance infantry would still be nice though~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played the game yet, but I have seen the list of classes in the game. Here's my list for DLC:

Vanguard:

Level: Master Class 

Description: A Master Class upgrade of Hero. One-Man Armies that lead by example from the front lines. They take inspiration from a legendary swordsman that journeyed here from a distant land. (Available for males and females).

Appearance: They wear a cuirass (breastplate and backplate) over a long coat, a long cape, and arm and leg armour.

Proficient: Sword, Axe, Authority

Suggested: Sword A, Axe A, Authority C

Abilities: Swordfaire, Axefaire, Vantage, Aether (Unique Weapon Art)

 

Halberdier: 

Level: Advanced Class

Description: Disciplined and Stalwart Soldiers; the halberdier fights using lances and is an excellent all-rounder. 

Appearance: Cuirass overtop a gambeson, plate arm and leg armour (no spikes). 

Proficient: Lance

Suggested: Lance A

Abilities: Lancefaire, Lance Crit +10

 

Commander:

Level: Master Class

Description: Masters of the battlefield that rise to the rank of command through skill, leadership and tenacity.

Appearance: Similar to Halberdier, but now have a short cape indicating their command, as well as a longer coat under their armour. 

Proficient: Lance, Authority

Suggested: Lance A, Authority A

Abilities: Lancefaire, Lance Crit +20, and I like @Etheus's Bunker idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Barons have been a thing for a while and it'd add another armor class.

I never said anything about it being armored as a generic class.  I was thinking infantry.

Though if I had to do an armored class, it would probably be something that had gauntlets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I never said anything about it being armored as a generic class.  I was thinking infantry.

Edelgard's has an armor proficiency and Annete isn't bad at it, so I think it could work. If Armor is to be a rank then there needs to be more armored classes, I think.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Though if I had to do an armored class, it would probably be something that had gauntlets.

I can see several of the shieldless General designs in FE using gauntlets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Malig knight so no gender lock and some sort of magic flier. I would prefer if it could only use faith since it wouldn't make fliers too op. Nevermind that fliers are already too op.
  • Gold knight because all the other cav master classes are too niche and great knight sucks.
  • Griffin knight, I mean why else is there a griffin on the blue lion's banner. It would be difficult to implement since pegasi and wyverns already stand out. Maybe give them access gauntlet? Or maybe make the griffin playable if you dismount.
  • Maybe, just maybe, make the archbishop playable in the side story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought when I started to think about Griffin Riders. Have them wingless so basically Gold Knight or whatever the upgrade for Paladin but you are on a wingless Griffin instead. Another possibility have Griffin Riders have access to magic since iirc the wyvern that Malig Knight have are undead and the undead doesn't really exist in TH setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erinyes said:
  • Malig knight so no gender lock and some sort of magic flier. I would prefer if it could only use faith since it wouldn't make fliers too op. Nevermind that fliers are already too op.
  • Gold knight because all the other cav master classes are too niche and great knight sucks.
  • Griffin knight, I mean why else is there a griffin on the blue lion's banner. It would be difficult to implement since pegasi and wyverns already stand out. Maybe give them access gauntlet? Or maybe make the griffin playable if you dismount.
  • Maybe, just maybe, make the archbishop playable in the side story.

 

Even making the gryphon a non-gender locked sword flier would make it stand out massively. It would be a natural endgame class for Byleth (particular male Byleth who lacks Falcon Knight access), Felix, and others. If we must have a magic flier, I'd say to make gryphon riders the magic flier to stand out more (and this would also work great for Byleth, as well as Felix's hidden talent). We don't need two new fliers for damn sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll toss out 3 that I would think would be interesting to see:

 

War Mage

  Requirements: A Axe , A Reason

  Skills: Axefaire, Black Tomefaire, Dark Tomefaire

  Mastery Skill: ?

  Everyone (myself included) seems to want some combination of Reason and Axes for our main girls Edelgard and Annette to make use of their wonky dual strengths in those two areas. And rather than losing the physical -faire skills like Dark and Holy Knight do, keep the consistent damage in exchange for mounted move. Sure, it knocks it down a peg, but we all know fliers are a little on the strong side, and magic would probably push them over the edge. Sorry Malig Knight fans. So Warmage would provide a somewhat bulky mixed or magic attacker. However, I couldn't figure out what mastery skill I'd want them to have, so brainstorm away.

 

War Monk

  Requirements: A Bow, A Faith

  Skills: Bowfaire, White Tomefaire, White Magic Uses x2

  Mastery Skill: Seal Res

  The Faith alternative to Warmage, this gives some of the more offensively minded Faith users an alternative to Holy Knight and Bishop that can simulatenously heal and provide valuable chip and support to their squad if they don't feel like hopping on a pony. Plus who doesn't like a good Magic Bow on Mercedes. Plus, in Fates we had Priests with Bows, so why not now as well?

 

Gladiator

  Requirements: A Sword, A Brawling

  Skills: Swordfaire, Fistfaire, Vantage

  Mastery Skill: Defiant Crit

  It always seemed weird to me that there were multiple people with Sword and Brawling strengths (Byleth, Felix, Catherine) but no way to utilize both. And with War Master being male-only, it would make sense to have a neutral alternative to it for female units utilizing Gauntlets. So for me, Gladiator would be a convergence of Mercenary and Grappler, making a high damage physical unit with moderate bulk that destroys player phase, and makes good use of Vantage/Defiant shenanigans on enemy phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Even making the gryphon a non-gender locked sword flier would make it stand out massively.

Ooh, good point! We also happen to have a Lance focused flier with Falcon Knights and Axe focused flier in Wyvern Lords, so rounding out the trio would be a neat touch. Ditto for giving them magic to help them stand out more.

43 minutes ago, Twin said:

Gladiator

  Requirements: A Sword, A Brawling

  Skills: Swordfaire, Fistfaire, Vantage

  Mastery Skill: Defiant Crit

  It always seemed weird to me that there were multiple people with Sword and Brawling strengths (Byleth, Felix, Catherine) but no way to utilize both. And with War Master being male-only, it would make sense to have a neutral alternative to it for female units utilizing Gauntlets. So for me, Gladiator would be a convergence of Mercenary and Grappler, making a high damage physical unit with moderate bulk that destroys player phase, and makes good use of Vantage/Defiant shenanigans on enemy phase.

The skills and your justification? Me very likey!

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoliFF said:

Just a thought when I started to think about Griffin Riders. Have them wingless so basically Gold Knight or whatever the upgrade for Paladin but you are on a wingless Griffin instead. Another possibility have Griffin Riders have access to magic since iirc the wyvern that Malig Knight have are undead and the undead doesn't really exist in TH setting.

I'm not saying we should have the lore behind malig knights brought into the game, I'm saying I want to have a class that has the same weapon proficiency and unit type to malig knight. I probably should have worded that differently. I'm not against having wingless griffins, but it would be nice to keep horses as a gold knight.

 

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

 

Even making the gryphon a non-gender locked sword flier would make it stand out massively. It would be a natural endgame class for Byleth (particular male Byleth who lacks Falcon Knight access), Felix, and others. If we must have a magic flier, I'd say to make gryphon riders the magic flier to stand out more (and this would also work great for Byleth, as well as Felix's hidden talent). We don't need two new fliers for damn sure.

Maybe not two new ones, but I think it'd be neat if we have a flier that could only use faith rather than both magic. I don't know, I kinda miss having staff users on wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Erinyes said:

Maybe not two new ones, but I think it'd be neat if we have a flier that could only use faith rather than both magic. I don't know, I kinda miss having staff users on wings.

Problem is with the current magic system the class check if you are allowed use magic or not what school of magic it is. While a white mage falcon knight is awesome but because of the game mechanic you will be able to use reason magic.

Either way my biggest wish-list like many have already said that involves magic flier of some kind and a class where I can utilize Eldelgard Reason magic as her unique class. Oh Halberdiers would be awesome as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Erinyes said:

I'm not saying we should have the lore behind malig knights brought into the game, I'm saying I want to have a class that has the same weapon proficiency and unit type to malig knight. I probably should have worded that differently. I'm not against having wingless griffins, but it would be nice to keep horses as a gold knight.

 

Maybe not two new ones, but I think it'd be neat if we have a flier that could only use faith rather than both magic. I don't know, I kinda miss having staff users on wings.

That's not how magic works in Three Houses. If a class can use magic, it can use all magic available to that character. It's all or nothing, and adding inconsistency in one class isn't good game design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FoliFF said:

Problem is with the current magic system the class check if you are allowed use magic or not what school of magic it is. While a white mage falcon knight is awesome but because of the game mechanic you will be able to use reason magic.

Either way my biggest wish-list like many have already said that involves magic flier of some kind and a class where I can utilize Eldelgard Reason magic as her unique class. Oh Halberdiers would be awesome as well.

You're right about the magic system, it's impossible for a class to use only one form of magic 😕. I think this is more of an issue of how class and weapon proficiency are designed.

I never understood why they would give a budding talent in magic for Edelgard when her unique class doesn't allow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maid / Butler

Requirements: B Swords, A Faith

Class Abilities: Swordfaire, White Magic Uses x2, White Magic Heal + 10

Class Mastery: Soothing Light

This class is white magic class that keeps most of the supportive capabilities of the bishop while being a component promotion for Sword Units. The class mastery skill is from the Saint class in Shadows of Valentia, which restores 5 HP to adjacent allies. 

War Monk

Requirements: A Magic, B Brawl

Class Abilities: Fistfaire, Black Magic x2, Black Tomefaire

Class Mastery: ?

Another offensive magic class, but this one brawls instead of using Axes since we don't have enough brawling Master classes. Not sure what the Mastery ability should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Erinyes said:

it's impossible for a class to use only one form of magic

You could compromise and make Faith magic a prerequisite for the Class and not Reason (or only give it Faith-related Skills), which at least suggests it's a Faith-specific class (like how Dark/ Holy Knights can technically use both types).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My priorities:

A cavalry class that doesn't harm a unit's speed growth, like a Scout or something, maybe sword-based like Beowulf from Fe4.

A masterclass with Swordfaire that doesn't harm a unit's speed growth, a Trueblade or something.

A class(-line) using lances that doesn't harm a unit's speed growth that's also accessible to male units, a lot of people mentioned halberdiers which I loved in Fe10.

A masterclass using magic that doesn't harm a unit's speed growth that's also accessible to male units.

 

My classes:

Scout, Intermediate Class
Skill Levels: Sword (C), Riding (D)
Growth Rates: HP (20%), Dex (10%), Spd (5%), Cha (5%)
Abilities: Canto

Swift Knight (I'd call them Vanguard but Ike Fans wouldn't approve), Advanced Class
Skill Levels: Sword (B), Riding (B)
Growth Rates: HP (30%), Dex (15%), Spd (5%), Cha (5%)
Abilities: Canto, Swordfaire, Terrain Resistance

Gold Knight, Master Class
Skill Levels: Sword (A), Riding (B+), Axes (C)
Growth Rates: HP (30%), Dex (20%), Spd (10%), Cha (5%)
Abilities: Canto, Swordfaire, Terrain Resistance

Ranger (basically a Master Assassin. Petra's post timeskip outfit would work perfectly for this one), Master Class
Skill Levels: Sword (A), Bow (A)
Growth Rates: HP (20%), Dex (20%), Spd (20%)
Abilities: Swordfaire, Sword Crit. +10, Woodland Stalker (negates movement penalty from forests and halves that of thickets)

Halberdier, Intermediate Class
Skill Levels: Lance (C)
Growth Rates: HP (20%), Dex (5%), Spd (5%), Def (5%), Cha (5%)
Skills: ---

Warden, Advanced Class
Skill Levels: Lance (A)
Growth Rates: HP (20%), Dex (15%), Spd (10%), Def (5%), Cha (5%)
Abilities: Lancefaire, Lance Crit. +10

Sentinel, Master Class
Skill Levels: Lance (A), Authority (B+)
Growth Rates: HP (20%), Dex (15%), Spd (10%), Def (10%), Cha (10%)
Abilities: Lancefaire, Lance Crit. +10, Ressourceful Commander (grants Gambit Uses x2)

 

Sorry for the text wall, I could think of plenty more classes if I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...