Christmas is coming! Are you feeling it in the air?

XRay

Okay, here is a more happy topic. Do you feel the festivities in the air? Are you excited for Christmas? Got any plans? Anything yummy you are going to eat? Anything else you want to share?

Maybe I am finally getting old now, but I do not think I feel the specialness anymore during this time of year. I get a nice tingly feeling when I was younger around this time of year. I am still excited for Christmas though, just not as much as I used to be. I think I will most likely just be chilling with friends and family and maybe eat out. Nothing really super special. I think will ask my friend if she wants to do a cooking/game/movie night at her place, but that is about exciting as it gets.

Oh, and here is a video of Christmas cats! Most them are on the naughty list for the antics they cause, so if you have a cat, you might want to watch out too if you are putting up a Christmas tree!

Well I finally got my shopping done.   Thank god Albertsons had the cake my dad always wants because I forgot to order one but that grocery store saved me from him being unhappy.  Shipped my Friend's gift last week and my mom actually told me what she wanted this year so I don't have to worry about death by present this year ( my mom is that one person who is royally hard to shop for on my list).  I found some really nice tuna for my cat ( salt and oil free) and the dogs will get some good treats and the horse is getting carrots and apples.  I guess I am just happy I have gifts for everyone I want to give gifts to this year, sine giving presents is my favorite part of the Holiday.

I FUCKING LOVE CHRISTMAS

i graduated with my masters this spring and got a real-ass career-lady job so this has been the first year i've been able to really go ham and buy gifts for people and im fucking living y'all i'm living it's specta claus and this ho is ho ho here with PRESENTS for her FRIENDS and FAMILY

Well I changed my avi on this site weeks ago. And my home has been decorated for just as long, but I'm not doing anything particularly special for Christmas. Just the nuclear family.

I really do love the Christmas season and spirit though, I really absolutely love it. I should do more than I presently do to celebrate it.

I'll share this image though, taken from a game, that I think kinda suits this time of year:

tumblr_m4nqzyXB1i1qh18two2_1280.png

Well, I'm still stuck with school and my parents got divorced this year, so..I'm kind of having a vibe of 'I shouldn't be caring about this right now' and 'HOLY HELL, I'M SCARED' at the same time.

..And this year I will also witness the legendary Cat + Christmas Tree for the first time. I'm actually looking forward to it, even if it probably will end up as more work for me.

I can actually afford to buy my immediate family members gifts for once so that will hopefully make this Christmas extra special.

A shame we have to go visit relatives on the 25th though, I was really looking forward to putting all my choir practice to use at the Mass. Not that I dislike my relatives or anythings like that.

I’m home from my first semester of college and have a full month for Christmas break. The rest of my family is working/in school for most of that time, though, so I’m just catching up on some of the games on PS4 and Wii U that I haven’t played in a while cause I don’t have those consoles with me at college. 
When they are home, though, it’s just nice to be back together. We’ll probably go skiing a bit and I’m getting my old high school friends together to see the new Star Wars, so that’ll be pretty fun.

As for actual Christmas-specific plans, I got my brother a copy of Pokémon diamond so he can play gen 4 for the first time, and I bought a copy of Pearl so I can play gen 4 again, this time with him. When it came out originally he was way too young to understand the game so I sort of went at it alone. It’ll be fun to go through one of my favorite games of all time with him. 

9 minutes ago, Brave Lance said:

I’m home from my first semester of college and have a full month for Christmas break. The rest of my family is working/in school for most of that time, though, so I’m just catching up on some of the games on PS4 and Wii U that I haven’t played in a while cause I don’t have those consoles with me at college. 
When they are home, though, it’s just nice to be back together. We’ll probably go skiing a bit and I’m getting my old high school friends together to see the new Star Wars, so that’ll be pretty fun.

As for actual Christmas-specific plans, I got my brother a copy of Pokémon diamond so he can play gen 4 for the first time, and I bought a copy of Pearl so I can play gen 4 again, this time with him. When it came out originally he was way too young to understand the game so I sort of went at it alone. It’ll be fun to go through one of my favorite games of all time with him. 

man that sounds like it's gonna be a fuckin rockin christmas break. enjoy yourself dude

I asked my grandma to buy me a new Miku mug after I broke the last one.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yeah I'm feeling Christmas in the air. How can I not when TV and Youtube alike bombard me with corny Christmas video after corny Christmas video. 

Perfectly summarizes my opinions on the subject.

3 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I asked my grandma to buy me a new Miku mug after I broke the last one.

Y'know I really should get around to buying more vocaloid merch. I don't have any because Teto merch is both hard to find and hella expensive

Edited by Ottservia

I'm a selfish person.

My birthday is on 25 December, so, uh, that's what I'm looking forward to on that day.

As for the Christmas spirit, I'll be honest, I'm kinda sick of it at this point. That one Kelly Clarkson Christmas album has been playing on repeat in our house since the middle of November.

And for anybody wondering, yes, I do get double presents. I get that question a lot.

2 hours ago, Brave Lance said:

Similar to me, actually. I bought my brother a preowned copy of De Blob 2, because the first game was our childhood. Despite the fact that we never beat it. We were both pleasantly surprised that a sequel actually existed, so I figured I'd get him that so we could both enjoy it together.

"I feel something magic in the air tonight, and I'm not just talking about the gamma radiation." - Mister New Vegas

But really though, I've kind of Scrooged up over the years.  I've got family that I mostly only interact with over social media that are huge on Christmas, partly on account of them being very devout Roman Catholics.  That means outside of my time in public places being subjected to the same couple dozen Christmas jingles, I'm exposed to it constantly on social media starting as soon as November rolls around the corner.  And the jingles themselves, augh, why are there so many awful remixes and retakes of them?  There's one I heard that goes "SAAAAAAAAAnta Clause is comin' to town, SAAAAAAAAAAnta Clause is comin' to town," and I want to shoot myself every time I remember it.

Not only that, but the commercialization of Christmas really puts a sour taste in my mouth, especially when I remember the cartoons and movies I watched about reigniting the Christmas spirit and being joyful.  Like, here I was taught that Christmas spirit and joy was all about kindness to others and appreciating the people you have in your lives, but then I have stock photo people with fake smiles on my computer screen telling me "get into the spirit of Christmas and find joy... but only if you buy our worthless crap!"

Also, there's the fact that as a resident of the miniature Canada-wannabe-Texas that is the state of cold-ass Montana, I'm subjected to regular snowfalls... and am obligated to shovel my driveway and sidewalks basically any time it snows.  You think that doesn't sound bad, that's because I haven't told you yet that my driveway is, like, probably 50+ feet long, and that we sometimes get a few feet worth in snowfall.  Not to mention the nasty road conditions, which cause people to suck more at driving than they already do on a sunny day, and it's just misery all winter long.

The things I do enjoy about Christmas time are the pleasant visuals I'm treated to (snow is pretty, and I like lit up trees) and the time I get to spend with family I'm not regularly spending time with.  Over the years I've seen fewer gather for Christmas celebrations, but there's something about sticking to lifelong traditions that gives me contentment... I realize that for all I lost as an adult - be it youthful innocence or splendor - I still have my traditions and my grandparents.  And, to me in my somewhat jaded adult life, that's what Christmas really means.  I don't care so much about the gifts or songs or even shows and cartoons anymore, it's about my own experience that I have with my grandparents and sister every December 25th.

And yeah, I know how funny it is for me to be harping on the idea of Christmas commercialization when the whole reason I got into Fire Emblem - now one of my favorite franchises - in the first place was that I got Fire Emblem Awakening as a Christmas gift.  Dissenting against corporate influence on holidays and being appreciative of gifts given to me on said holidays can be independent of one another.  Fire Emblem is another thing I'll associate with Christmas, lmao.  What makes this even funnier is that the first holiday-themed banner of Heroes was for Awakening characters.