New event calendar (April-May 2020)

DarkAlf

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Don't forget Mercedes. But yeah, Mercedes and Ferdinand as the only proper demotes isn't enough for three.

It's amazing just how easy it is to forget she's in the game when you've never pulled her.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of hope the next new heroes banner is Awakening with a Priam GHB.  I feel it has been a good amount of time since the last Awakening banner and I would be fine with a new one.  I know I know Gangrel is the last big bad not in the game and should be the GHB, but I don't really want another dagger GHB unless they make him as good as Kronya which I don't see happening.  I was re-looking at all the Awakening playable characters and there are enough for two more banners and TT/GHBs  of units with no versions in the game with two odd units (three if you count Severa).  Severa seems to be to be a likely special heroes unit, but I am not sure about any of the rest being popular enough for them to get a special version.

If we get a Tellius banner next month, then once it releases, it'll mean we'll have a 12-month span where, counting FE1/3 and FE9/10 together, each game will have gotten a New Heroes banner. That'd be really cool.

• June 2019: FE13
  • July 2019: FE16
  • August 2019: FE16, CYL3
  • September 2019: FE1/3/11/12
  • October 2019: FE2/15
  • November 2019: FE8, FE6
  • December 2019: FE5
  • January 2020: FE4, TMS
  • February 2020: FE7
  • March 2020: FE16
  • April 2020: FE14
  • May 2020: FE9/10

I think May's new heroes banner will be Fallen Heroes. There are a lot of candidates like Julia controlled by Manfroy, Greil under the medallion's influence, Gunter taken over by Anankos, dead Gustav, Three houses has some candidates depending if they go for spoilers or not (for example, revived Nemesis or Berserk Rhea), perhaps Demon King Lyon (a beast unit or something).

After the free 5* in the current fates banner I will start saving with that in the mind. In Julia's revival I will spend something to get a copy or two but I am not that sure as Sothis might come also this month. 

Well, this month is going to be fun for me.  I'll get to have Kempf without spending grails on the 14th thanks to these GHB reruns, and that same day Halloween L'Arachel and Dozla will probably be on the double special focus.
I fully expect to see Sety on the solo skills focus, which will also be taking my orbs.  
And then there's the kid Marth focus...I hope it turns out that he's a TT reward, and something like kid Merric as a 4* focus like they did with Conrad and Narcian.  The reverse would also be fine.
As for the new heroes on May 8th, it really should be Tellius.  There are still so many missing characters that are no brainers.  I want to see Boyd in some form.  Though if it's more Three Houses that would be cool too because I need to save.

Thinking over potential future color-balanced banners for each game:

• FE1/3/11/12: Kris F (sword), Nyna (blue tome), Kris M (axe), Elice (staff), Wolf (GHB)
  • FE2/15: Kamui (sword), Fernand (lance), Luthier (green tome), Tatiana (staff), Deen (GHB)
  • FE4 Gen 1: Azelle (red tome), Erinys (lance), Lex (axe), Briggid (bow), Chulainn (GHB)
  • FE4 Gen 2: Ulster (sword), Tine (blue tome), Arthur (green tome), Patty (dagger), Arion (GHB)
  • FE5: Miranda (red tome), Linoan (blue tome), Asbel (green tome), Sara (staff), Galzus (GHB)
  • FE6: Dieck (sword), Melady (lance), Gonzales (axe), Guinevere (staff), Murdock (GHB)
  • FE7: Kent (sword), Sain (lance), Erk (green tome), Limstella (colorless tome), Nergal (GHB)
  • FE8: Knoll (red tome), Gilliam (lance), Neimi (green bow), Colm (dagger), Selena (GHB)
  • FE9/10: Lucia (sword), Sephiran (blue tome), Jill (axe), Shinon (bow), Ashnard (GHB)
  • FE13: Say'ri (sword), Miriel (blue tome), Flavia (axe), Emmeryn (staff), Priam (GHB)
  • FE14: Nyx (red tome), Orochi (blue tome), Kiragi (green bow), Dwyer (staff), Hans (GHB)
  • FE16: Felix (sword), Sylvain (lance), Dorothea (green tome), Marianne (staff), Seteth (GHB)

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think May's new heroes banner will be Fallen Heroes. There are a lot of candidates like Julia controlled by Manfroy, Greil under the medallion's influence, Gunter taken over by Anankos, dead Gustav, Three houses has some candidates depending if they go for spoilers or not (for example, revived Nemesis or Berserk Rhea), perhaps Demon King Lyon (a beast unit or something).

As far as fallen Heroes from Three houses go I'd say Dimitri is the likeliest option. 

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As far as fallen Heroes from Three houses go I'd say Dimitri is the likeliest option. 

We're already going to get Gen 2 Dimitri on the CYL4 banner, and probably a second version of Gen 2 Dimitri as a legendary at some point. Is there much for a "Fallen Dimitri" to do that wouldn't be covered by that?

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

We're already going to get Gen 2 Dimitri on the CYL4 banner, and probably a second version of Gen 2 Dimitri as a legendary at some point. Is there much for a "Fallen Dimitri" to do that wouldn't be covered by that?

I'd say there is a point. One Dimitri is crazy and the other is not. That can make a lot of difference when it comes to artstyle, voice lines and perhaps even skills. There's room for both a good gen 2 Dimitri and a ''Kill every last one of them!'' gen 2 Dimitri in Heroes. Since Brave alts are something of a celebration it would be odd if Brave Dimitri was ranting and raving about killing Edelgard and everyone standing in his way. 

And personally I hope the Brave alts won't just be their gen 2 forms but something more unique. 

Ugh, I seriously hope it isn't another fallen heroes. I find that idea to be so uninteresting. And Tellius and Awakening are both overdue. Though I admit there isn't anyone left from Awakening that I'd care to get.

19 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd say there is a point. One Dimitri is crazy and the other is not. That can make a lot of difference when it comes to artstyle, voice lines and perhaps even skills. There's room for both a good gen 2 Dimitri and a ''Kill every last one of them!'' gen 2 Dimitri in Heroes. Since Brave alts are something of a celebration it would be odd if Brave Dimitri was ranting and raving about killing Edelgard and everyone standing in his way. 

And personally I hope the Brave alts won't just be their gen 2 forms but something more unique. 

Dimitri and the other lords will most likely get a legendary/war arc form and the brave alt, Personally I believe "Kill every last one of them'' Dimitri will be legendary and Savior King Dimitri will be brave. But I don΄t think that any of the lords are fitting for a Fallen banner as it is supposed to be about characters being controlled by an evil power or something like that. Even AM endgame Edelgard would be a surprise to me, but cosidering the F!Corrin they pulled last year, I am not that sure.

Edited by SuperNova125

4 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Dimitri and the other lords will most likely get a legendary/war arc form and the brave alt, Personally I believe "Kill every last one of them'' Dimitri will be legendary and Savior King Dimitri will be brave.

Yeah, this is my thinking as well.

4 hours ago, Othin said:
Thinking over potential future color-balanced banners for each game:
  • FE1/3/11/12: Kris F (sword), Nyna (blue tome), Kris M (axe), Elice (staff), Wolf (GHB)
  • FE2/15: Kamui (sword), Fernand (lance), Luthier (green tome), Tatiana (staff), Deen (GHB)
  • FE4 Gen 1: Azelle (red tome), Erinys (lance), Lex (axe), Briggid (bow), Chulainn (GHB)
  • FE4 Gen 2: Ulster (sword), Tine (blue tome), Arthur (green tome), Patty (dagger), Arion (GHB)
  • FE5: Miranda (red tome), Linoan (blue tome), Asbel (green tome), Sara (staff), Galzus (GHB)
  • FE6: Dieck (sword), Melady (lance), Gonzales (axe), Guinevere (staff), Murdock (GHB)
  • FE7: Kent (sword), Sain (lance), Erk (green tome), Limstella (colorless tome), Nergal (GHB)
  • FE8: Knoll (red tome), Gilliam (lance), Neimi (green bow), Colm (dagger), Selena (GHB)
  • FE9/10: Lucia (sword), Sephiran (blue tome), Jill (axe), Shinon (bow), Ashnard (GHB)
  • FE13: Say'ri (sword), Miriel (blue tome), Flavia (axe), Emmeryn (staff), Priam (GHB)
  • FE14: Nyx (red tome), Orochi (blue tome), Kiragi (green bow), Dwyer (staff), Hans (GHB)
  • FE16: Felix (sword), Sylvain (lance), Dorothea (green tome), Marianne (staff), Seteth (GHB)

The wait for Duessel, Niime and Hugh will be even longer it seems.
Is Selena really that popular though?  I'm actually shocked she's the only FE8 character left that breaks 1k.

The lack of Saleh and Artur on FE8's list and saddening, but I can't say I'm super surprised. They never really did seem all that popular. Unfortunately, the lack of Tormod is 100% expected, I hope he actually gets into the game before it's discontinued at this point. Luthier on SoV's list is promising though, although I am most certainly not ready for him to show up yet.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Dimitri and the other lords will most likely get a legendary/war arc form and the brave alt, Personally I believe "Kill every last one of them'' Dimitri will be legendary and Savior King Dimitri will be brave. But I don΄t think that any of the lords are fitting for a Fallen banner as it is supposed to be about characters being controlled by an evil power or something like that. Even AM endgame Edelgard would be a surprise to me, but cosidering the F!Corrin they pulled last year, I am not that sure.

I wouldn't mind a Fallen banner styled after Dimitri, i.e. characters who have hit rock bottom rather than losing control to dark magic, mind control for chaotic impulse. It'd allow them to continue the theme while keeping it fresh.

2 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Is Selena really that popular though?  I'm actually shocked she's the only FE8 character left that breaks 1k.

I don't get it either, but her CYL results have been increasing by the year:

1: 318th; 619 votes
2: 208th; 1,236 votes
3: 79th; 3,412 votes
4: 42nd; 4,469 votes
Total: 9,736 votes

Also, there's little chance she'll be a GHB with those results. The more realistic choice in my opinion would be (sadly) Duessel that way IS can also continue to not add another axe cav to the summoning pool.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still think Felix should be a GHB when he gets in. He completely strikes me as that sort of character.

Absolutely not. The GHB slot if it isn't used to fuck Seteth over should be given to like Cyril or Gilbert if it absolutely has to be a playable character. Enough popular males have been sent to those gallows.

Three Houses has been pretty good about avoiding playable characters as GHBs for the time being, no?

IS probably doesn't want to use any playable character with a modicum of popularity on the GHBs. Perhaps playable characters who are SUPER unpopular (not that I can think of any right now, but I don't think Felix was unpopular at all). As of now, I'd expect another villain as a 3H GHB on the next banner.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Three Houses has been pretty good about avoiding playable characters as GHBs for the time being, no?

IS probably doesn't want to use any playable character with a modicum of popularity on the GHBs. Perhaps playable characters who are SUPER unpopular (not that I can think of any right now, but I don't think Felix was unpopular at all). As of now, I'd expect another villain as a 3H GHB on the next banner.

Yes, and Felix in particular was 14th overall in CYL4. I already mentioned him, but Gilbert definitely fits the super unpopular bill (481st in CYL4 with just 120 votes). That put him below NPCs such as Monica, Lambert, Metodey, Thales, Miklan, Nader, Duke Aegir who happens to share Gilbert's English VA for the like five lines he had, Randolph, and Ladislava.

Edited by Tybrosion

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, and Felix in particular was 14th overall in CYL4. I already mentioned him, but Gilbert definitely fits the super unpopular bill (481st in CYL4 with just 120 votes). That put him below NPCs such as Monica, Lambert, Metodey, Thales, Miklan, Nader, Duke Aegir who happens to share Gilbert's English VA for the like five lines he had, Randolph, and Ladislava.

I can't see IS making someone who was 14th overall in CYL into a GHB, even if he is male. That's technically higher than some of the female characters, right?

Still haven't played 3H, so I can't say I'm familiar with all of the possible baddies that could be put in. Don't think we'll see Felix or Sylvain or Ashe or any of those popular boys ... if IS is smart, of course.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I can't see IS making someone who was 14th overall in CYL into a GHB, even if he is male. That's technically higher than some of the female characters, right?

Still haven't played 3H, so I can't say I'm familiar with all of the possible baddies that could be put in. Don't think we'll see Felix or Sylvain or Ashe or any of those popular boys ... if IS is smart, of course.

Felix is currently the third highest of the 3H characters not yet in the game, after Dorothea and Marianne.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Absolutely not. The GHB slot if it isn't used to fuck Seteth over should be given to like Cyril or Gilbert if it absolutely has to be a playable character. Enough popular males have been sent to those gallows.

Cyril and Gilbert don't fit the role of a GHB to me. Felix is competitive, he likes sparring, and it also helps that he's a big jerk a lot. He'd totally want to challenge the summoner before joining them.

I don't agree with how IS has been treating GHB units lately though, I gotta admit.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The only missing females above Felix are Dorothea and Marianne and even then those two were 12th and 13th overall respectively. He also placed higher than Annette (34th) as well as Hilda, Petra and Mercedes (though of course with the caveat that those last three were already in FEH pre-CYL4 so their results likely suffered a bit because of that).

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Cyril and Gilbert don't fit the role of a GHB to me. Felix is competitive, he likes sparring, and it also helps that he's a big jerk a lot. He'd totally want to challenge the summoner before joining them.

I don't agree with how IS has been treating GHB units lately though, I gotta admit.

He had M!Kana, a literal small dragon child who doesn't have a single mean bone in his body, as a GHB. They clearly don't care if a character "fits" being a GHB or not.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Felix is currently the third highest of the 3H characters not yet in the game, after Dorothea and Marianne.

Yeah but knowing IS they'll put them all on the same banner fsr loooooool

Well, if he's really that high then it'd make perfect sense for him to either lead a banner (separately from Dorothea and Marianne) or to at least be the second most busted unit on a banner with either one of Dorothea or Marianne.

Just to be completely honest, I'm worried that they'll fuck over all the guys, no matter how highly they ranked, because something something waifus. I'm worried they'll make one of the less popular girls like Leonie super decked out and Felix will be like ... Ferdinand.

EDIT: Gah, male Kana being the GHB was weird, but what was super lame was f!Kana getting her personal refine but m!Kana not because of ~technicalities~. It's L'Arachel and mage Eirika before that was a thing. This isn't even a similar case as the Morgans in which one had a personal weapon already and the other did not.

Edited by Sunwoo

I would very much like it if Nyna was on the next Archanea New Heroes banner but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the focus was the remaining members of the 7th Platoon. So basically M!Kris, F!Kris, Ryan and Cecil. They can even use Eremiya to fill in the GHB slot.

Also don't see Felix being a GHB the next time Three Houses gets a new banner. He's likely to get the Shannon treatment more than anything else. They would probably make Solon, Thales or even a member of the church the next GHB before using a student for that role.