• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Alright Shrimpy, it’s time for the fabled star door 15. You said not to do it at night, but I mean, it’s Trails, it can’t be that dark or disturbing or whatever is up with this door. Famous last words? 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that makes a lot more sense then. Only thing that's still kinda weird is that Ryza still needs her third game and the last time Atelier went back to a previous sub-series (Atelier Lulua), it waited until after the current trilogy (in this case, Mysterious) was finished. My guess is is that Gust wants Ryza 3 to be really special so it's taking longer to work.

I mean hey, that's the same situation Gunvolt is in right now. We got Luminous Avenger iX, we're getting iX 2 and then we get Gunvolt 3. Gunvolt 2 came out in 2016, I was a junior in highschool.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes, yes they are. 🤓

Ok, see I was confused because I thought Days of Ruin was the third one and Dual Strike was the fourth one. And then I'm hearing about Dark Conflict and I'm like "wait a minute".

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

but halving the required materials would be a nice start i think. 

That or make the item drop rates actually exist.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gust opted for fairly plain ports, with naught but a few QoL enhancements and perhaps upscaled textures and sprite work, I can't see the reviews being very positive. Higher than a 7 would not be very likely, and it's not as if Atelier has a long history of high scores and resounding acclaim as Final Fantasy does. The old Ateliers would be quite niche, not unlike the SaGa releases. Catering to an audience interested in the past of gaming, and this audience is a small one, so the resulting profits would be minimal. Major modernization would be mandatory for significant revenues, if also an ever greater risk with every additional dollar invested into modernization.

Pretty much agreed with this. Although it does seem like Gust is already considering remakes. Another interview that just came out talks about them potentially remaking/continuing the Salburg trilogy, which is the first Atelier trilogy way back then iirc.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alright Shrimpy, it’s time for the fabled star door 15. You said not to do it at night, but I mean, it’s Trails, it can’t be that dark or disturbing or whatever is up with this door. Famous last words? 

Oh you sweet summer child.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

May the Emperor be with you Sooks.

How do I get the boss to spawn at the end of the abyss? The internet said to go through the entire thing at once so I did. Twice. No boss.

Oh, you have to kill all the bosses in one go. Come on game, that’s no fun.

Edited by Sooks

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Zathrian for sure, he was a supreme arsehole, but... Did the rest of them deserve it? Did they really?

The elves always deserve it.

I would, if you told me who they are. Unless you did it on the first post and I just missed it.

Here.

considering I pull the "bipolar" card whenever I feel too bad to be evil.

You're taking roleplaying too far. You're acting almost exactly like... a real girl.

1a6.png

I'm gonna kill Oddleif and Ludin.

Ah yes, Speed Snek has reminded me of how troublesome Fusion's bosses are, but not in the sense of having multiple phases like the Diggernaut and Metroid Queen. From what I remember a few of them are difficult because they're aggressive and fast, which makes them hard to hit. I even died to Serris's Core X...

Reminds me of the time I accidentally took a dancing class in college.

Huh, I had to accept the Rules and Guidelines of Fanficiton.net again, even though it's still the same 2008 date of last version displayed I accepted back in June. Ah well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

40 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

From what I remember a few of them are difficult because they're aggressive and fast, which makes them hard to hit.

That and a lot of them are in very narrow rooms.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Another interview that just came out talks about them potentially remaking/continuing the Salburg trilogy, which is the first Atelier trilogy way back then iirc.

*Checks for you*

Yeah, Salburg was first.

*Searches for a vid of the first game*

Screen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-9-57-13-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-9-56-16-PM.png

...Too much effort to convert into full 3D methinks. But let the developer do as they want.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The drop rates were fine for me. If you're using an Ares or Overdrive (as you should for postgame farming), your ground gear isn't going to matter, so load all four characters in level 55 Candid & Credible stuff to max out Treasure Sensor. If a particular appendage has a chance of providing the required material, lock onto it and break it. -This won't help at all with the Time Attack drops however.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

9693872914% agree with the bolded! The top-quality augments take way too long to make. The lower tier stuff is alright, but the best is extremely tedious (which I'm seemingly told is the true mark of an MMORPG).

Although Potential Up... decking out a character in five XX quality of those is enough to result in high level Tyrant OHKOs IIRC. Maybe those need to be difficult to craft.

Haha, yeah even for the stuff that isnt amazing, its a bit painful.

Hmm, perhaps a pseudo "mode selection", where you can have a "vanilla" style and a less grinding style? Yeah Potential up poses a major problem in terms of destructive power, but I think focusing on "fun" over balance was X's goal anyways.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

What do you mean by this? Do you mean allow the enemy to drop augments or raise the drop rates of the required materials?

Star Door 14 was pretty interesting, getting to see the ending of SC from Ouroboros’ perspective and see the grandmaster get the mind stone— I mean light medallion— I mean space Sept-Terrion.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-9-57-13-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-9-56-16-PM.png

...Too much effort to convert into full 3D methinks. But let the developer do as they want

Perhaps Gust could have a go at the 2.5 HD style? It's not like Square has it patented.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmm, perhaps a pseudo "mode selection", where you can have a "vanilla" style and a less grinding style?

I feel like everyone would like less grinding.

You know, as I keep watching that LP of the original FE... man, the original ballistician concept was so cool.

Hoistflamme was a flamethrower, Thunderbolt a laser barrage, and Pachyderm a freaking panzer cannon! (On that subject, why is Thunderbolt the one effective against other ballisticians when Pachyderm is named (more obvious in Japan) after an actual heavy tank destroyer?) Yeah, shocking, I think it cool when the thing was basically a pesudo sci-fi vehicle. XD

Hmm, I want to start uploading it to DA too, but I'm not too sold on having to make it separate entries for each chapter, as I know how multi-chaptered stories tend to be uploaded there. I'd also upload it here... perhaps...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

That really wasn’t so bad.

That door had me thinking about it for days. Poor girl. And I think it's why some of the more official art for Renne lately has been in poor taste.

EDIT: Completely unrelated to this, but I'm on the first investigation for Case 2-5 now--this game is going places.

Edited by DodgeDusk