Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...what?

Are you fucking kidding me, Sooks? You're telling me that you looked at these two games:

- Game 1: within the first like 4 hours, sets up the conflict and the major characters, everything goes to shit, plots are twisted and then you're left stranded with a few companions, weak and helpless but still with a concrete endgame goal and the steps to achieve it.

- Game 2: At the 10th hour all that has happened is the two MCs have interacted, they ha e chased the Tram Rocked and achieved nothing and have set out with the goal of obtaining the gym badges[s/] guild recommendations.

The first half of what you said happens in game 1 also happens in the first hours of game 2, you just don’t like what happened.

...You do know you can skip the voice acting by clicking a button, right? You don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.

Wait, really? No, I don’t know, that would have been very nice to know. So, so nice.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not true. There's a very different hard R and soft R, distinguished in text by "r" (soft r) and "rr" (hard r). Pero and perro very much sound different.

Pero and perro are pronounced the same by students in American high school Spanish classes.

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

the Trails anime made that covers the events of the first two games

Huh, really?

Well then, forgive me Wraith, Ruben, but I will watch an anime.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's no such thing as Trails in the Sky Anime

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

"there's no Trails anime in Ba Sing Se"

Or is it not good?

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Or is it not good?

All I know is that it can't compare to actually playing the games as far as story goes.

I just love its vocal version of Silver Will, tbh. Like I said, I think it's the best one.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

what fears? All i see is a blank space!

Seeing there's a Trails in the Sky anime is like saying there's a Tsukihime anime or a 4th command and conquer game

None of these exist

Look Shrimp-kun, look with your diseased and insane eyes. Fight it, the Emperor hasn’t abandon you! Believe in Him and He will be with you.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The first half of what you said happens in game 1 also happens in the first hours of game 2, you just don’t like what happened

Ah yes, because "oh boy Team Rocket stole dad's aeromobile" truly does compare to the thing that happens in Dragon Age at the end of Ostagar.

Look, you can call Trails the superior narrative, and that's fine. Tastes do be like that. But you cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, call it faster. I mean, DA straight up ends in like half the time it takes to play through Trails 1. And no, I didn't skip all the text. Actually, I skipped remarkably little, because I actually enjoyed the actors. It's physically impossible for DA to be slower when it doesn't even last as long as the first game of Trails alone lol.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, really? No, I don’t know, that would have been very nice to know. So, so nice.

On PC it was escape, I believe. Skips a single text line and the voice acting, unless there's a choice, then the voice continued until you pick. Handy.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well then, forgive me Wraith, Ruben, but I will watch an anime.

Knock yourself out. I truly am glad for you that you saw something in Trails I did not.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Look Shrimp-kun, look with your diseased and insane eyes. Fight it, the Emperor hasn’t abandon you! Believe in Him and He will be with you.

>"look how they massacred my girl"

Just now, Shrimperor said:

*sends D-Mail to erase Wraith's last post from existence*

You can run, Shrimpy, but you can never hide. There will always be fans of Cold Steel who give Sky the...

Cold shoulder.

Eh? Eh?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You can run, Shrimpy, but you can never hide. There will always be fans of Cold Steel who give Sky the...

Cold shoulder.

Eh? Eh?

Look man

atleast Cold Steel exists

Trails in the Sky anime doesn't exist

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*sends D-Mail to erase Wraith's last post from existence*

Fight it Shrimp-kun! Fight it like I had to fight against the “thing” stating it’s a crossover and the Teehee madness in the thrice cursed Iceland.

Edited by WraithReborn

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, because "oh boy Team Rocket stole dad's aeromobile" truly does compare to the thing that happens in Dragon Age at the end of Ostagar.

Look, you can call Trails the superior narrative, and that's fine. Tastes do be like that. But you cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, call it faster. I mean, DA straight up ends in like half the time it takes to play through Trails 1. And no, I didn't skip all the text. Actually, I skipped remarkably little, because I actually enjoyed the actors. It's physically impossible for DA to be slower when it doesn't even last as long as the first game of Trails alone lol.

You were correct in your observation in the strike though that the plot of Trails does indeed get going in the beginning, exactly like that. I’m not comparing what happens in Ostagar and the beginning of Trails because they’re not all remotely similar, Dragon Age and Trails are not trying to tell the same story so of course Trails wouldn’t open with everyone dying. But Trails’ conflict does indeed get going in the beginning, you just didn’t like it because you found it light hearted and lacking stakes, I think. Which is perfectly okay, but that’s not actually a reflection of the pacing because the plot is indeed happening.

About game length, I mean, you’re the expert, but my endgame playtime in FC has been around half of all the playtimes I’ve seen for Origins online, and I did all but three side quests.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On PC it was escape, I believe. Skips a single text line and the voice acting, unless there's a choice, then the voice continued until you pick. Handy.

Very, very nice.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You were correct in your observation in the strike though that the plot of Trails does indeed get going in the beginning, exactly like that. I’m not comparing what happens in Ostagar and the beginning of Trails because they’re not all remotely similar, Dragon Age and Trails are not trying to tell the same story so of course Trails wouldn’t open with everyone dying. But Trails’ conflict does indeed get going in the beginning, you just didn’t like it because you found it light hearted and lacking stakes, I think. Which is perfectly okay, but that’s not actually a reflection of the pacing because the plot is indeed happening.

Wait, but that's not.... Or wait... is it...

Oh, god fucking damnit, you're right.

I'll be completely honest here: I thought the whole Recolored Team Rocket Steals Airship situation was so underwhelming, not to mention it gets undone shortly afterwards when it's revealed Dad is okay and just off doing whatever on his own, that I failed to register it as a narrative hook.

But as you say, that comes down to Trails being the complete opposite of everything I enjoy in a videogame and in a story. Sooo yeah. I apologize. Guess I can never again say Trails doesn't do anything in its first 10 hours...

About game length, I mean, you’re the expert, but my endgame playtime in FC has been around half of all the playtimes I’ve seen for Origins online, and I did all but three side quests.

Impossible. Abso fucking lutely impossible. DA took me barely 50 hours! You're telling me all along FC was a mere 25 hours? Everyone else told me it was like, three friggin hundred! Okay, no, that's an exaggeration, but certainly one hundred! What kind of playtimes are you finding online...?

Very, very nice.

Well, have fun now.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How long is what?

751539970711224381.gif?v=1

Do not toy with me. Give me a number!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I had to use a D-mail to erase Trails in the Sky Anime otherwise we would've lived under Kondood dystopia

Acknowledge it or I will read S;G spoilers.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

You only live in delusion Shrimp-kun.

''If you are God, and the delusion becomes reality, About what kind of the noids you get? Is it the sensual world? The despotic society? The destructive sanctions? Or...''

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You will ruin the Masterpiece for yourself, not for me...

Damnit, Shrimpy! Why won't my threats work on you?! I'll... I'll post an image of Rean! Yeah, now we're talking! Give me the length of the Sky anime or I will rain down Rean upon you!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

your loss

How dare you defy me.

...in your case, I got nothing. You win this round. But I'll be back...!