Special Heroes 8/7: Pirate's Pride

SockPuppet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

That's right, but only fliers with range=1, aka melee.

Oh, that makes more sense then. But my point stands, if legendary Elincia isn't a flying healer, make her a melee flier with Dive-Bomb! 😛

15 hours ago, XRay said:

He is pretty to easy to counter though with BH!Ike, although that is true for the vast majority of nukes.

I agree that Pirate Tiburn has has weaknesses. But for me he is also getting MASSIVE help by Mordcai smiting him and Reyson dancing for him. So, I get that he is not the best unit, but a lot of fun nonetheless. I haven't really even played much with Thrasir, Hel, Edelgard, Altina, Brave Roy and a couple of other new 5*s because he is also a bonus unit and most of my time is spent on TT at the moment.

5 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I agree that Pirate Tiburn has has weaknesses. But for me he is also getting MASSIVE help by Mordcai smiting him and Reyson dancing for him. So, I get that he is not the best unit, but a lot of fun nonetheless. I haven't really even played much with Thrasir, Hel, Edelgard, Altina, Brave Roy and a couple of other new 5*s because he is also a bonus unit and most of my time is spent on TT at the moment.

XRay is specifically talking about Pirate Tibarn being used as an Aether Raids defense unit, not as a player-controlled unit.

7 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

PP!Tibarn is pretty good on offense.

On defense, he faces the same issue as every other nuke in that BH!Ike hard counters anyone that does not hard counter BH!Ike, which is  almost everyone.

@XRay If the thing stopping Dive Bomb from being a good skill is the missing Movement options, wouldn't there be ways to circumvent this?

For instance, the easiest way would be to drop WoM and invest in Escape Route, then let the dancer drop to below 50% and now she can teleport to literally anyone. Given the frail nature of most dancers though, especially the strong ones like LegAzura and Peony, and especially given the lacking combat performance of dancers overall I could see this being an issue, but it does let the Dive Bomb holder keep their +80% HP. Reciprocal Aid would probably be the easiest way to drop a dancers HP without putting the dancer at risk, assuming the RecAid holder can safely get to lower than... what do most dancers have, like 40 HP average? So about 20 HP?

Otherwise, the only other thing one could do is use movement range extenders like Duo Palla or Annette to let the Dancer keep up with the unit being used.