The Legend of Kaga: Tales of a Conquest Lunatic PME

Shrimpica

On 12/29/2020 at 12:36 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Try 15 less hit. Which, in the case of the axe and lance, drags their hit low enough I'm not okay with gambling on them. Also, most Wary Fighter enemies have high defence, and bosses tend to not be the stuff taking those gambles is okay against, especially in Murphy's Law: The Game.

Fun fact, because Brave weapons have two separate chances to hit, if the displayed hit from an iron weapon on the foe is between (inclusive) 96% and 34% (factoring in the Fates RNG system), using the equivalent brave weapon has a higher chance of getting that hit in.

When things are hard to hit, brave weapons are usually the way to go.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, L3xandr3 said:

which is more useful given enemy-phasing is so prevalent in this game.

Someone has been on reddit too long. Conquest has a healthy mix of both built into the gameplay.

On 12/30/2020 at 2:50 AM, Imuabicus said:

How does one avoid Lunge when you EP the very enemy that Lunges you? Think Kazes fun room in chapter 11 - unless the answer is don´t go into the room.

You kill the lunger on EP.  As for the specifics of chapter 11 its difficult to do, but on Lunatic I have killed the Oni Savage that starts the lunge chain with a horse spirit on Ophelia on enemy phase, to then player phase wipe the Ninjas that were triggered to move (but can't reach thanks to the failed lunge) with well devised attack stances. As is often the case in Conquest combining enemy phase and player phase tactics gives you the best option..

On 12/30/2020 at 2:20 AM, Shadow Mir said:

A lot of these also come late, considering they're promoted class skills.

You are ignoring the +10 hit from attacking adjacent to an ally  that is there from the beginning of the game (possible more with certain support bonuses...), not to mention Corrin's personal adding +10 more hit when you activate it, or Benny's -5 evasion to all enemies within 2 personal skill. Also forgot about the +6 accuracy by using skill rally, and +6 from inspiring song, although those do cost actions. Also of note, Jakob and Felicia have early access to skills...

11 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

I really don´t know why you are so obsessed with long term usefulness for skills. There is exactly one breaker skill - as far as I´m aware right now - that peple will bring up with you in CQ-context and that´s Shurikenbreaker. And it´s exclusivly for chapter 25 because where the fuck would you need it? Shuriken Users exist in chapter 10, 11, 15, 17 and 25. Some Mechanists in 17 and 22. Literally the only one time they are ever going to be a threat - for reasons of little chance to engage them on your terms - is chapter 25. Prior to that these enemies are easy pickings.

I remember a brief discussion of the usefulness of breaker skills coming up when talking about how I managed a challenge run that restricted my use of guard stance (I could not let any enemy target a unit I had that was paired. There were more restrictions, like no pre-promoted royals, and only 10 units, but how I reached key defensive threasholds with that restriction is what prompted the discussion). Of note the increased accuracy was not a part of that breaker skill discussion, because there are numerous easier ways to increase accuracy, and the +50 avoid is far more relevant. I will do the ~1 sentence each comment on them, although it should be noted that this is specifically a discussion of Lunatic. Shuriken Breaker is great for chapter 25, most notably being one of the easy ways of dealing with the corridor of death, it helps on endgame as well if you need to 3+ turn it. Tome Breaker comes in the most use around the western island of chapter 24, as you can use it to bottle up and trivialize the magic reinforcements the spawn just above the island (there are also some magic oriented Oni early on, but the group is a bit mixed so be careful), and it helps in dealing with the eastern magic hall way of chapter 26. Bow Breaker is best used for scaling the wall of chapter 23 (although that is something you need to be striving for to get it in time), as it can let you safely enemy phase the predominantly sniper core in the east of the wall, plus it makes both the 23 & endgame Takumi fights less of a lottery. Sword Breaker is by far the most niche, it can trivialize the Ryoma fight if it is on Corrin, but otherwise, it only helps in a small section of 25, and 26, both of which are generally not seen as hard parts of those maps (I guess it helps a tiny bit on turn 2-3 of endgame if you are trying for a 3+ turn clear of that map, but again its incredibly niche). Axe breaker is great for the Berserkers of chapter 26, although be warned, you can reach enemy hit rates low enough that the enemy will stop attacking them if you aren't careful (plus you kinda want two Axe breakers due to the size of the corridor...).

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Someone has been on reddit too long. Conquest has a healthy mix of both built into the gameplay.

1) I've never been on the FE Reddit.

2) I never said you should only ever EP. Merely that you can get more done doing so than Player Phasing.

16 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Okay, would you take someone saying that Mozu can be good if you prioritized her in her joining chapter seriously? I wouldn't, because favoritism on that scale can make just about anyone good.

Yes I would. Not every unit would be as good because not every unit is Mozu? No unit in CQ has as easy access to such high and accurate damage as Mozu. I speak from the experience of multiple runs using Mozu.

Which unit needs P1? Corrin, Effie, Servant 1, Elise, Azura, is a no because they either are in the middle of the fray anyway or have other tasks (healing, refreshing). Odin, Niles, Arthur, Nyx suck according to you, but Odin and Niles perfom good enough regardless of P1 and Arthur/Nyx is a can of worms I´m not willing to open up now.

Needless to say, most of the game is spent without level 15 skills (for most units anyway) - what good is knowing that Shurikenbreaker would be a big help for chapter 17 if there's a very high chance I won't have it?

You missed my point. They wouldn´t be of much help, because the enemies aren´t hard to deal with in the first place.

Which reminds me, when do most of your units start learning level 15 skills?

Around chapter 23/24, but I also include paralogues in my planning. I seem to remember that there´s a playthrough on Deltres channel where he does chapter 25 quite underleveled.

I don't LTC or anything like that, but Odin's poor bases pretty much mean that a few bad level ups can sink him. And Heartseeker doesn't make up for being mediocre, especially when I eventually get someone who outstrips him in just about every way (and no, I'm not talking about Leo).

I assume you refer to Ophelia? In which case you are using Odin anyway. And Ophelia is simply the hardcore version of Odin.

How would you handle something like the Berserker/General room in chapter 26 then? 

[Entrap Hans. Kill Hans. Enjoy reinforcements suiciding themselves over the wall. (optional)] Break door. Endure EP. Hammertime + Lightning + Attack Stance. [Red weaponry on frontline. Endure EP. Kill Zerkers. (optional)] Take out 1 Maid. Prepore for Hans Squad. Kill Hans Squad. Deal with reinforcements. Iago.

Of course this is only when you go through the magic section. If you go through the physical part of the map you can immediately take out the Zerkers and be safe from the Generals (presuming 2 range). Which enables dealing with the enemies in better segregated waves.

Worth pointing out that the majority of Berserkers in that room have Armored Blow and some get Quick Draw too. And I think some of the reinforcing Zerkers get Certain Blow to boot.

Wow, gone for three days and somehow Shadow Mir's managed to pee on the opinion of literally everyone in the thread. Nice work I guess.

Anyways, that was fun to read through, thank you for sharing it with us!

On 1/1/2021 at 6:21 AM, Imuabicus said:

Yes I would. Not every unit would be as good because not every unit is Mozu? No unit in CQ has as easy access to such high and accurate damage as Mozu. I speak from the experience of multiple runs using Mozu.

Which unit needs P1? Corrin, Effie, Servant 1, Elise, Azura, is a no because they either are in the middle of the fray anyway or have other tasks (healing, refreshing). Odin, Niles, Arthur, Nyx suck according to you, but Odin and Niles perfom good enough regardless of P1 and Arthur/Nyx is a can of worms I´m not willing to open up now.

My point is not that anyone else needs it - it is that if I have to favor Mozu on that scale, she's not what I can call good.

I assume you refer to Ophelia? In which case you are using Odin anyway. And Ophelia is simply the hardcore version of Odin.

Yes. As I see it, Ophelia requires me to use Odin, yes, but in general, I find it hard to justify Odin's use as a long-term unit because he tends to get outclassed easily.

[Entrap Hans. Kill Hans. Enjoy reinforcements suiciding themselves over the wall. (optional)] Break door. Endure EP. Hammertime + Lightning + Attack Stance. [Red weaponry on frontline. Endure EP. Kill Zerkers. (optional)] Take out 1 Maid. Prepore for Hans Squad. Kill Hans Squad. Deal with reinforcements. Iago.

Of course this is only when you go through the magic section. If you go through the physical part of the map you can immediately take out the Zerkers and be safe from the Generals (presuming 2 range). Which enables dealing with the enemies in better segregated waves.

Worth pointing out that the majority of Berserkers in that room have Armored Blow and some get Quick Draw too. And I think some of the reinforcing Zerkers get Certain Blow to boot.

Hmmm. In general, I find myself going through the physical side, as it allows me to have the Berserkers separate themselves from the Generals while I pull back. I generally find sticking around a bad idea, as the Maids have Freeze.

Around chapter 23/24, but I also include paralogues in my planning. I seem to remember that there´s a playthrough on Deltres channel where he does chapter 25 quite underleveled.

Okay. Personally, I find the sweet spot for paralogues to be sometime between chapter 15 and chapter 18.