The Legend of Kaga: Tales of a Conquest Lunatic PME

Shrimpica

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

There's quite a big difference between Brave Weapons (who help me quite alot) and Beruka's Axe xD

Perhaps. but I still don't like gambling on brave weapons in this game, as they're O.P. and U.W. - overpriced and underwhelming, that is. 8000 gold is a lot to give up for what essentially amounts to an unforged iron with accuracy problems.

Edited by Shadow Mir

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

tTtbakW.png
7tKqx3h.png

That is the big truth, some tacky dragon plot ending (without even a good meta commentary about it?). Truely this truth is not worth the 19.99...

One of the few final maps in the series i can say i love <3. Staff savant Enfeeble is bs and all yeah, but i find the map to be pretty good and above like, 80% of the final maps in the series.

Its the Staff Savant, Inevitable End, AND Enfeeble combination that pushes it over the edge for me.

Spoiler

M6kPeXC.png
lpGRhKK.png

Last Minute Revelation ad

Bah, this ad is just so tacky, and Azura's inclusion is so tacked on as well.

Spoiler

Vd9juCZ.png
vROEWjw.png

Kaga barely survives. Thankfully no vengeance proc or it would've been gg

Yikes, that could have been bad...

I wanted Odin to end it for the memes, but Flora is fitting, too! truely Odin's otp...

I woulda given Kaga the kill if possible, but that didn't look like it was in the cards due to the full enemy block meter...

Hide contents

aUIWymO.png
xR5Jlun.png
Hw5qSLI.png

Is this hinting at a future KagaSaga LP...probably not, but we will see!!! (Also good move Kaga, that truth sounds like a total con job)

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Lemme guess - it was Felicia who cooked it.

Nope, one of the boys, don't remember who xD

My guess is it was the beastie boy, as he is a terrible cooks. Speaking of which you  should try cooking more in future runs (and if you get a chef hat accessory, give it to Jakob or Peri, as they are the best chefs).

Edit: Congratualtions for finishing the run (and the LP).

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Perhaps. but I still don't like gambling on brave weapons in this game, as they're O.P. and U.W. - overpriced and underwhelming, that is. 8000 gold is a lot to give up for what essentially amounts to an unforged iron with accuracy problems.

Unforged iron with Brave effect, and only 5 less hit. It can kill bosses and troublesome/Wary fighter enemies without a danger of counter attack, especially if in attack stance. Not to mention Lightning is only 3400 😉

Forged Irons are also super expensive, don't forget that!

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

so I will just say congrats!

Thanks^^

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

And where’s the Elise S support??

Found it unfitting xD

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Congratualtions for finishing the run (and the LP).

Thanks 😄

some tacky dragon plot ending

It's fire emblem, so it's always dragons xD

Seriously though, dragon plot thingies are usually my least fav. thing in FE plots, so i had to parody them in a way that's just as bad haha

Bah, this ad is just so tacky, and Azura's inclusion is so tacked on as well.

Just like everything revelation in Fates xD

Is this hinting at a future KagaSaga LP...probably not, but we will see!!!

If a Berwick randomizer ever happens i could lp that one, as i really enjoyed Berwick

And i gotta play VS someday

10 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Unforged iron with Brave effect, and only 5 less hit. It can kill bosses and troublesome/Wary fighter enemies without a danger of counter attack, especially if in attack stance. Not to mention Lightning is only 3400 😉

Try 15 less hit. Which, in the case of the axe and lance, drags their hit low enough I'm not okay with gambling on them. Also, most Wary Fighter enemies have high defence, and bosses tend to not be the stuff taking those gambles is okay against, especially in Murphy's Law: The Game.

Edited by Shadow Mir

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Try 15 less hit. Which, in the case of the axe and lance, drags their hit low enough I'm not okay with gambling on them. Also, most Wary Fighter enemies have high defence, and bosses tend to not be the stuff taking those gambles is okay against, especially in Murphy's Law: The Game.

2gUX1b3.png

From my legit lunatic run.

There are quite a few high SKL units you can get where the bit lower hit rate doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

2gUX1b3.png

From my legit lunatic run.

There are quite a few high SKL units you can get where the bit lower hit rate doesn't matter.

You couldn't have been any more blatant with your cherry picking if you tried, seeing as this is the one unit with Certain Blow, which, by the way, without it, that'd look a lot worse. Not to mention this is Mozu we're talking about, who I don't consider worth the investment.

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

seeing as this is the one unit with Certain Blow

Point is that there alot of skills and support stuff in the game to raise the hit rate. It's true that Mozu has certain blow, but it's also against a boss on a throne (30 Avo). Not many bosses are.

We're arguing about Braves now? M'k.

Honestly, I don't like Braves in Fates. They're good for player-phasing. But past that, I feel like they're overpriced and underpowered. For the cost of 1 brave, you can get a tier 4 Iron, which is more useful given enemy-phasing is so prevalent in this game. I know Braves are good for boss-killing, but to me, they're rarely worth the cost.

31 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

which is more useful given enemy-phasing is so prevalent in this game.

I player phase more in conquest than i enemy phase xD

Much more.

I can't even enemy phase this game or i get rekt haha.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Point is that there alot of skills and support stuff in the game to raise the hit rate. It's true that Mozu has certain blow, but it's also against a boss on a throne (30 Avo). Not many bosses are.

Most of the more aggravating bosses are on thrones. Also, most of the hit boosting stuff has conditions, come late, or both. Either way, I still think braves are overpriced and underpowered.

I player phase more in conquest than i enemy phase xD

Much more.

Calculations. Lotsa calculations. Do those, and Enemy phase > Player phase, with a few exceptions. Especially with Ryoma or (to a lesser extent) Xander.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

You couldn't have been any more blatant with your cherry picking if you tried, seeing as this is the one unit with Certain Blow

Worth mentioning that Iago is not only standing on a throne, but also has WTA - this makes his EVA against Mozu  89 Evade (unless I fucked up the math) as she´ll also lose weapon ranks. But she still has 98%. Pretty reliable.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Most of the more aggravating bosses are on thrones.

Bosses on thrones: Kilma, Haitaka, Kotaro, Zola, Fuga, Yukimura, Takumi, Hinoka, Iago, Garon.

All of them are trivialized by Heartseeker - at least in terms of Accuracy.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, most of the hit boosting stuff has conditions,

Namely? As in both the hit boosting stuff and it´s conditions?

8 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

2 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Calculations. Lotsa calculations. Do those, and Enemy phase > Player phase, with a few exceptions. Especially with Ryoma or (to a lesser extent) Xander.

EPing the game is a good way to (miss your counterattack [optional]), get debuffed, lose 20-40% HP, get lunged and then be murdered. But to each their own.

9 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

For the cost of 1 brave, you can get a tier 4 Iron,

One Brave weapon costs 8000 (As mentioned, Lightning is way cheaper). That´s 2 Silvers and 4 Steels.

And it´s 8 Irons. That´s four (+1´s). That´s two (+2´s). That´s one (+3). Additionally it costs at max 11 and at min 8 smithing ressources when you have access to one random ressource and they exchange 5:1. And the Arena is all up for some randomized chances.

26 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

EPing the game is a good way to (miss your counterattack [optional]), get debuffed, lose 20-40% HP, get lunged and then be murdered. But to each their own.

Missing is part of the game, Debuffs are life in Fates, I assume that is refering to Poison Strike/Grisly Wound/Savage Blow which are in fact BS, Lunge is a skill and can thus be seen and avoided. You want to Player phase everything, then you do you.

One Brave weapon costs 8000 (As mentioned, Lightning is way cheaper). That´s 2 Silvers and 4 Steels.

And it´s 8 Irons. That´s four (+1´s). That´s two (+2´s). That´s one (+3). Additionally it costs at max 11 and at min 8 smithing ressources when you have access to one random ressource and they exchange 5:1. And the Arena is all up for some randomized chances.

Close enough, given the stat difference between +3 and +4 are negligible.

As for resources, you can always go castle visiting. Unless I missed Nintendo discontinuing the online functions, that is.

34 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Namely? As in both the hit boosting stuff and it´s conditions?

I'm talking about skills - breakers require the enemy use that specific weapon, Lucky Seven is only relevant for the first seven turns of a battle (and outside of LTC, you're likely taking far more than 7 turns to clear maps), Underdog requires the user to have lower level than the opponent, Certain Blow requires initiation, Quixotic is a double-edged sword that helps the enemy out far more than it does you, and Awakening requires being under half health. A lot of these also come late, considering they're promoted class skills.

Worth mentioning that Iago is not only standing on a throne, but also has WTA - this makes his EVA against Mozu  89 Evade (unless I fucked up the math) as she´ll also lose weapon ranks. But she still has 98%. Pretty reliable.

It's also worth mentioning that we're talking about Mozu, aka, she who is more trouble than she's worth.

Bosses on thrones: Kilma, Haitaka, Kotaro, Zola, Fuga, Yukimura, Takumi, Hinoka, Iago, Garon.

All of them are trivialized by Heartseeker - at least in terms of Accuracy.

Thing is, if I'm using Heartseeker, the user could possibly get attacked instead of who I want the boss to attack, which is a problem when the unit with Heartseeker sucks, which Odin and Nyx do.

Edited by Shadow Mir

36 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Ping the game is a good way to (miss your counterattack [optional]), get debuffed, lose 20-40% HP, get lunged and then be murdered. But to each their own

yup, my experience EP'ing this game. Even Xander dies in 3-4 hits. Even with the best of pair ups.

Player Phase requires lotsa calculations, too, and not to mention it's much more fun trying to figure out how to clear a room in 1 turn xD

4 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

You want to Player phase everything, then you do you

It also depends on play style, i guess. I like to be active more myself.

Some maps absolutely require enemy phasing, but later on it gets much more PP heavy imo.

It's also worth mentioning that we're talking about Mozu, aka, she who is more trouble than she's worth

Is she? I find once you train her in her join chapter she becomes one of the MVPs very easily. Multipe runs i've attest to that

Thing is, if I'm using Heartseeker, the user could possibly get attacked instead of who I want the boss to attack, which is a problem when the user sucks, which Odin and Nyx do.

You use Heartseeker and finish the map in the turn, don't just wait infront of him.

Leo has Heartseeker as well

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Is she? I find once you train her in her join chapter she becomes one of the MVPs very easily. Multipe runs i've attest to that

Ja, oh ja. Considering she needs a Heart Seal to be feasible to train, which is not a trivial opportunity cost... also, I could instead train my other units in her join chapter.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

You use Heartseeker and finish the map in the turn, don't just wait infront of him.

Leo has Heartseeker as well

Initiating combat against a boss on a throne is a good way to get screwed by Murphy's Law, then get your face bashed in on the counter, and then get killed. 

True enough.

14 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

Lunge is a skill and can thus be seen and avoided.

How does one avoid Lunge when you EP the very enemy that Lunges you? Think Kazes fun room in chapter 11 - unless the answer is don´t go into the room.

16 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

Debuffs are life in Fates,

Not if you 1HKO or 1RKO (directed at Seal Skills). Which is entirely possible and mostly directed at Hidden Weapon Users, because outside of RES they are weak as shit.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm talking about skills - breakers require the enemy use that specific weapon, Lucky Seven is only relevant for the first seven turns of a battle (and outside of LTC, you're likely taking far more than 7 turns to clear maps), Underdog requires the user to have lower level than the opponent, Certain Blow requires initiation, Quixotic is a double-edged sword that helps the enemy out far more than it does you, and Awakening requires being under half health. A lot of these also come late, considering they're promoted class skills.

Breaker Skills make ceratin enemy types irrelevant to that unit. There´s a lot of enemies that can only use one weapon type.

Lucky Seven, Underdog, Quixotic, Awakening is a colorful assortment of skills that are completely or mostly irrelevant for Conquest.

You forgot the most important one, Heartseeker.

20 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's also worth mentioning that we're talking about Mozu, aka, she who is more trouble than she's worth.

19 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The only kinda people I seen cry about Mozu, are the people who haven´t used her. She PP´s enemies harder than Camilla.

22 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Thing is, if I'm using Heartseeker, the user could possibly get attacked instead of who I want the boss to attack, which is a problem when the unit with Heartseeker sucks, which Odin and Nyx do.

23 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which is why you set up a PP attack. Waiting for the boss to do your work is unreliable and unhealthy. And Odin is probably the best unit to use for Heartseeking bosses cause he´s damn tanky. Otherwise Leo.

Really, all I´m seeing here is a EP type of player. Which is fair enough.

8 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Breaker Skills make ceratin enemy types irrelevant to that unit. There´s a lot of enemies that can only use one weapon type.

And once again, they come at level 15, AKA late enough that the mileage I get out of them is limited.

Lucky Seven, Underdog, Quixotic, Awakening is a colorful assortment of skills that are completely or mostly irrelevant for Conquest.

What can I say, I was going for thoroughness.

You forgot the most important one, Heartseeker.

Admittedly, I did, but when the units who are the only sources of it for a good chunk of the game are losers, that tends to happen.

The only kinda people I seen cry about Mozu, are the people who haven´t used her. She PP´s enemies harder than Camilla.

I don't know about you, but when I see someone defend the likes of Mozu with "she can become good if you feed her entire paralogue to her!", my first reaction is to do a double-take, and my second reaction is a flat "What". My third reaction is insane, hysterical laughter, like this:

Which is why you set up a PP attack. Waiting for the boss to do your work is unreliable and unhealthy. And Odin is probably the best unit to use for Heartseeking bosses cause he´s damn tanky. Otherwise Leo.

Really, all I´m seeing here is a EP type of player. Which is fair enough.

Odin sucks really damn hard, which is unfortunate, as I liked Owain in Awakening.

Well, charging in headlong is an easy way to get outmanned and outgunned most of the time. It's much safer to force the enemy to take the bait, then crush them.

19 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

How does one avoid Lunge when you EP the very enemy that Lunges you? Think Kazes fun room in chapter 11 - unless the answer is don´t go into the room.

Lunge is the only exception, and a blasted annoying one at that. You can avoid it, AKA 'the answer is don´t go into the room', or Player Phase it. I recommend the latter in such circumstances.

20 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

and Awakening requires being under half health.

20 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Don't go sleeping on Awakening! It comes late, but oi is it strong when you get to play with it. That and it melds well with Vantage. If only Wrath existed in Fates... Then we'd have some real fun.

1 hour ago, L3xandr3 said:

Don't go sleeping on Awakening! It comes late, but oi is it strong when you get to play with it. That and it melds well with Vantage. If only Wrath existed in Fates... Then we'd have some real fun.

I know. But not every player is going to have access to Awakening.

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

And once again, they come at level 15, AKA late enough that the mileage I get out of them is limited.

I really don´t know why you are so obsessed with long term usefulness for skills. There is exactly one breaker skill - as far as I´m aware right now - that peple will bring up with you in CQ-context and that´s Shurikenbreaker. And it´s exclusivly for chapter 25 because where the fuck would you need it? Shuriken Users exist in chapter 10, 11, 15, 17 and 25. Some Mechanists in 17 and 22. Literally the only one time they are ever going to be a threat - for reasons of little chance to engage them on your terms - is chapter 25. Prior to that these enemies are easy pickings.

Admittedly, I did, but when the units who are the only sources of it for a good chunk of the game are losers, that tends to happen.

Yet they are the units that would alleviate your Accuracy issues the easiest way possible. That alone should make them stars in your book.

I don't know about you, but when I see someone defend the likes of Mozu with "she can become good if you feed her entire paralogue to her!", my first reaction is to do a double-take, and my second reaction is a flat "What". My third reaction is insane, hysterical laughter, like this:

I enjoy the fact you likened your reaction to peoples experience with Mozu to that of a man on the border of insanity since his childhood, finally breaking apart. 

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Odin sucks really damn hard, which is unfortunate, as I liked Owain in Awakening.

Well, charging in headlong is an easy way to get outmanned and outgunned most of the time. 

...but he doesn´t? Like unless you are super hardcore LTCing everytime you play CQ. Additionally the point was he supplies you with the Heartsseker you need to resolve the issues you have with your Accuracy and because he´s tanky you can even wait a round of combat to set yourself up. 

It´s not easy to outgun an army that has Corrin, Camilla, Xander, Azura etc. in them. (To name the most prevalent units.)

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's much safer to force the enemy to take the bait, then crush them.

Giving up initative is a bad idea, especially if you´re concerned with Hit Rate, since you give up choice of enemy, weapon and unit placement. Also Lunge and Debuffs, but that has been adressed in another post. And baiting in Conquest can be kinda difficult. Since a good few formations are set up to not move unless they can murk you.

Actually you´ve made me curious. What do your CQ teams look like - as in units you use - if you don´t mind sharing.

I enjoy the fact you likened your reaction to peoples experience with Mozu to that of a man on the border of insanity since his childhood, finally breaking apart. 

Okay, would you take someone saying that Mozu can be good if you prioritized her in her joining chapter seriously? I wouldn't, because favoritism on that scale can make just about anyone good.

11 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

As stated, not everyone is going to have access to Awakening, and second, I honestly think that Great Lord is lackluster for the fact that getting it can be a pain in the ass.

I really don´t know why you are so obsessed with long term usefulness for skills. There is exactly one breaker skill - as far as I´m aware right now - that peple will bring up with you in CQ-context and that´s Shurikenbreaker. And it´s exclusivly for chapter 25 because where the fuck would you need it? Shuriken Users exist in chapter 10, 11, 15, 17 and 25. Some Mechanists in 17 and 22. Literally the only one time they are ever going to be a threat - for reasons of little chance to engage them on your terms - is chapter 25. Prior to that these enemies are easy pickings.

Needless to say, most of the game is spent without level 15 skills (for most units anyway) - what good is knowing that Shurikenbreaker would be a big help for chapter 17 if there's a very high chance I won't have it?? Which reminds me, when do most of your units start learning level 15 skills?

Yet they are the units that would alleviate your Accuracy issues the easiest way possible. That alone should make them stars in your book.

Not when damn near everything else about them sucks ass. Odin is pretty much a Master of None, aka whatever he con contribute, odds are very high someone else on the team can do it better than him, and Nyx is cripplingly overspecialized (ergo, her stats aside from magic and speed are godawful). Both of these practically scream "I'm a liability!", with Nyx in particular being a bottom 5 unit as far as Conquest goes.

9 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

...but he doesn´t? Like unless you are super hardcore LTCing everytime you play CQ. Additionally the point was he supplies you with the Heartsseker you need to resolve the issues you have with your Accuracy and because he´s tanky you can even wait a round of combat to set yourself up. 

It´s not easy to outgun an army that has Corrin, Camilla, Xander, Azura etc. in them. (To name the most prevalent units.)

I don't LTC or anything like that, but Odin's poor bases pretty much mean that a few bad level ups can sink him. And Heartseeker doesn't make up for being mediocre, especially when I eventually get someone who outstrips him in just about every way (and no, I'm not talking about Leo).

9 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Giving up initative is a bad idea, especially if you´re concerned with Hit Rate, since you give up choice of enemy, weapon and unit placement. Also Lunge and Debuffs, but that has been adressed in another post. And baiting in Conquest can be kinda difficult. Since a good few formations are set up to not move unless they can murk you.

Actually you´ve made me curious. What do your CQ teams look like - as in units you use - if you don´t mind sharing.

How would you handle something like the Berserker/General room in chapter 26 then? Because all of them (except for Hans and the two Generals near him, who stay put until aggroed) aggro once those doors open, and an aggressive approach is extremely likely to end in casualties, which isn't helped by the two Freeze maids in that room. There are only two viable options to get rid of them, as I see it - a fighting retreat, or using a spy weapon to break the doors to that room while keeping other doors intact, whereupon only the enemies with ranged weapons can come at me, allowing me to thin the herd. Also, about the only enemy formation that I can think of off the top of my head that refrains from attacking you immediately once you're in range is Hinata's squad in chapter 23, which I just ignore. What's more, I generally find a playstyle based on initiating most fights to be hard to use unless you have a lot of mounted units, especially when a lot of the time, enemies don't aggro until you're in range.

Glad you asked. My team tends to be:

• Corrin 
  • Camilla
  • Xander
  • Elise
  • Sophie
  • Ophelia
  • Midori
  • Nina
  • Azura
  • Selena
  • Felicia
  • Soleil
  • Kana
  • Velouria
  • Flora
  • Anna

51 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

How would you handle something like the Berserker/General room in chapter 26 then?

Take the generals out in player phase while staying outside Berserker's Range after Entrapping hans and Killing his friends.

There's no unit that can survive the Enemy phase onslaught in that room. 

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

As stated, not everyone is going to have access to Awakening, and second, I honestly think that Great Lord is lackluster for the fact that getting it can be a pain in the ass.

I know. But when it's available, get it. It's one of the best skills in the game.

56 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Take the generals out in player phase while staying outside Berserker's Range after Entrapping hans and Killing his friends.

There's no unit that can survive the Enemy phase onslaught in that room. 

Agreed. A fighting retreat is best to deal with that. Entrap helps... some.