Tempest Trials+: Ice & Flame 2!

A new Tempest Trials+ is coming, titled "Ice & Flame 2"! 

q9eHgMu.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Pirate Hinoka (& Pirate Camilla), Pirate Surtr, Pirate Naesala, Pirate Vika, Pirate Lifis, Hinoka, Camilla and Surtr.

QWwvEf3.jpg

Pirate Lifis's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

VZdUp2b.jpg

Leader of the Lifis Pirates, who ply the waters off the coast of Iz. He has come to the
pirate festival after having a change of heart. Appears in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.

2QSdHxN.png Helmsman Axe+ (Might: 14 / Range: 1)
If unit initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foe during combat.

QdTzqlf.png Swap (Range: 1)
Unit and target ally swap spaces.

gvnmrNY.png Wind Boost 3
At start of combat, if unit’s HP ≥ foe's HP+3, grants Spd+6 during combat.

kjeGBLQ.png Windsweep 3
If unit initiates combat, unit cannot make a follow-up attack. If unit’s Spd > foe’s Spd and foe
uses sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger, or beast damage, foe cannot counterattack.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

oh8KaPl.png Spur Atk/Def 2
Grants Atk/Def+3 to adjacent allies during combat.

tbHNu3h.png Steady Breath
If foe initiates combat, grants Def+4 during combat and Special cooldown charge +1 per attack.
(Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 8 by reaching the 6,000 score, and an Light Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

Ice & Flame is a first-of-its-kind special Tempest Trials+ event that will take place as a series! 

The next event in the series, titled Ice & Flame 3, is scheduled for Ver. 5.9.0. Because the story of Ice & Flame is told through a series of events,
you will be able to view the story on the Tempest Trials+ event page after the event is over, even if you didn't participate in it.

I'm do wondered if the Boss in Ice & Flame 2 we have to fight would be the God Muspell since Ice & Flame 1 had Goddess Nifil was the same name from Fjorm's home kingdom. Other than that, I do would like to summon Lifis as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

Since Lifis has Windsweep, I was hoping for an Axe version of Coutly Fan+ (If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat and neutralizes effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks during combat), but "Fox Axe" isn't bad.

Steady Breath seal sounds sweet.

I'm guessing Muspell won't be the boss until the next one, since he can't fit on this month's New Heroes banner.

Hm... I've been thinking this since the Feh Channel... is the only reason Surtr, a unit who has been largely forgotten since his initial release, got a seasonal now because of this whole story thing they got going on in at least 3 Tempest Trials?

Steady Breath seal is good. The Breath skills are arguably the "weakest" "premium" A slot available considering the other options available, so it was largely a matter of time before it got added.

Edited by Xenomata

"The next event in the series, titled Ice & Flame 3" Huh, that's interesting. Looking forward to seeing more story/lore.

I welcome a new unit with windseep and that Breath seal is also very much welcome.

I'm glad I saved one camilia on my barracks instead of fodder her since it's the only initial bonus I have until Lifis.

Edited by Naoshi

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... I've been thinking this since the Feh Channel... is the only reason Surtr, a unit who has been largely forgotten since his initial release, got a seasonal now because of this whole story thing they got going on in at least 3 Tempest Trials?

Steady Breath seal is good. The Breath skills are arguably the "weakest" "premium" A slot available considering the other options available, so it was largely a matter of time before it got added.

Surtr certainly hasn't been forgotten as a character. He's a major villain in Heroes, and he was the only Book 2 character who hadn't gotten a seasonal yet. For a while we weren't getting seasonals for the final boss OCs, but Freyja changed that just recently, while Lif and Thrasir showed them leaning more into OC villain seasonals earlier this year.

On the continuing story arc:  doesn't matter much to me. Probably just going to be a bit of Fjorm and Surtr having a chat.

On Lifis:  bad axe, useless A Slot. Windsweep in the Grails section is decent.

On the new Seals:  Spur Atk/Def is about useless. Steady breath is pretty good though.

Overall:  Steady Breath + a fistful of orbs is good enough for me.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Final map [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

otythjmh8af71.png?auto=webp&s=e58f543c24

Yeah, there’s no Muspell here. He’s not in the story dialogue either, so I guess we ain’t seeing him until September.

Spoiler

Oof, that is plain MEAN. Surtr is reaching upwards of 63 Def and 56 Res after applying the bonuses possible, and that's with the 75% damage reduction as well.

Situations like this make me glad I started investing in Micaiah...

So, Fjorm's (and Gunnthra's and Ylgr's and Hrid's) ancestor and first ruler of Nifl was a lady who befriended Nifl, but somehow the Niflian royalty have Nifl's blood in them, hence their ability to wield her power with the Rite of Frost and use special weapons. ... Being all "I'll look after them as my own children" does not give genes, Nifl. That said, I am curious about this buddy relationship. And THAT said, "ugh, another female Heroes character." You know that since she has a name and is female, we'll probably get a version of her at some point. Not quite complaining, but I feel bad for Heroes' unloved dudes.

44 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, Fjorm's (and Gunnthra's and Ylgr's and Hrid's) ancestor and first ruler of Nifl was a lady who befriended Nifl, but somehow the Niflian royalty have Nifl's blood in them, hence their ability to wield her power with the Rite of Frost and use special weapons. ... Being all "I'll look after them as my own children" does not give genes, Nifl.

We have a similar case in Three Houses.

Spoiler

Jeralt took a fatal blow while protecting Rhea, and she healed him by using her own blood. By doing that, she was able to grant him her crest, the Crest of Seiros.

And Seiros granted her Crest to the first Adrestian Emperor during the great war too.

So maybe something like that happened. Nifl could have granted her power to Hvergel at some point, and then when the Queen had her children they inherited Nifl's power.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So maybe something like that happened. Nifl could have granted her power to Hvergel at some point, and then when the Queen had her children they inherited Nifl's power.

I figured that was a possibility. I just hope it gets addressed instead of left hanging (like who the heck Tiki's dad is.)

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

And THAT said, "ugh, another female Heroes character." You know that since she has a name and is female, we'll probably get a version of her at some point. Not quite complaining, but I feel bad for Heroes' unloved dudes.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Helbindi's named sister Menja is still nowhere to be found and we are also missing Veronica's mom who is confirmed still alive.

In fact I find it sus that they descibed her as extremely similar to Fjorm. Almost as an excuse to never pay money to draw her since "we know what she looks like".

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I figured that was a possibility. I just hope it gets addressed instead of left hanging (like who the heck Tiki's dad is.)

I raise you a better one. Who the heck is Robin's mom???

On 8/9/2021 at 12:36 PM, Mercakete said:

It's a common FE trope by now, assuming people can understand what's being implied isn't leaving it hanging.

Neither is not talking about Tiki's dad, unlike Robin whose mom we know played a role and thus deserves to be expanded on. Naga is the interesting party here, and we don't even know if there was a dad - she is a) a dragon, and b) almost at the level of a god. Sothis presumably didn't create her children with a partner either.

On topic, FEH's "favoritism" of female characters to pander to male otaku notwithstanding, I'm glad Nifl got a good friend/girlfriend, instead of the dragon lady/human dude romance that I saw coming for the one second we didn't have Hvergel's gender and which would be extremely boring to me.

Edited by Kori

On 8/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, GrandeRampel said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Helbindi's named sister Menja is still nowhere to be found and we are also missing Veronica's mom who is confirmed still alive.

In fact I find it sus that they descibed her as extremely similar to Fjorm. Almost as an excuse to never pay money to draw her since "we know what she looks like".

I raise you a better one. Who the heck is Robin's mom???

Oh, I forgot Helbindi's sister got a name. Good for her. Anyway, she's dead, so... Yeah, we can't even be all "she's a friend for Ylgr!" at this point. And I don't know, regarding Hvergel... IS likes throwing legendary ladies at us, and she fits that bill. I mean, when Hel was first introduced, it was text only. Same thing with Freyja. Sure, they were the big bads of their books, but I got similar vibes here. Not that that's hard evidence, but it's not nothing.

Also, agreed: I want to know about Robin's mom, too. I always just kind of assumed she was some lady Validar forced into being the mother of the vessel for Grima, and once he got his vessel, killed. Kind of like how Tharja started practicing hexes on her husband (whoever he is) and at least 1 of her children (Noir) according to Noir's supports with her dad.

16 hours ago, Kori said:

It's a common FE trope by now, assuming people can understand what's being implied isn't leaving it hanging.

Neither is not talking about Tiki's dad, unlike Robin whose mom we know played a role and thus deserves to be expanded on. Naga is the interesting party here, and we don't even know if there was a dad - she is a) a dragon, and b) almost at the level of a god. Sothis presumably didn't create her children with a partner either.

Eh, I just have a different view on it than you do. Personally, I find Naga to be super boring and am much more interested in whoever Tiki's dad is (if there is one, and I really hope there is. Otherwise, it feels like a copout.)

I always assumed Hvergal was Nifl's child, which is why she was so fond of her, but reading the end of Chapter 2 really screams "romance" and I hope IS doesn't chicken out of that. Also, am I assuming things, or am I not the only one who thinks Hvergal's children have no father, and they were born because of Nifl's blessing or something? At least that's what Nifl's "you were born of two bloodlines" line sounds like to me.

And I was worried that we're were only getting two scenes' worth of story with each TT+, but considering we got the equivalent of a story chapter in the end of this one I'm not as concerned. Cliched as it may be, I really want to see what happens with Nifl next!