The best refresher in the game?

ARMADS!!!

I'm making a new team today and I want to pair up Brave Marianne with a dancer/singer. The last refresher's recommendations/tier lists I saw are kind of old so I'm going to ask you: What are the best refreshers in the game at 5*? If you can don't name just one, but basically the max you can.

As Far as Im concerned, the best seems to be Plumeria, Triandra and New year Plumeria. Not sure tough, thats why I'd like recommendations.

It depends on what mode you playing, Plumeria/Peony are my favorites in their own season.  I love using L!Azura on Arena when there is water season so it really depends on which mode. If I had to choose one for overall, probably Plumeria.

You could probably get good feedback in the discussion thread for Heroes, if you can't quite get what you're looking for here.

Anyway, I'd say that any refresher is a good refresher since they're main objective is to give their turn to another unit on the field. However, I'd say that Peony is the best refresher due to her availability (you literally get one for free), so you don't have to take any chances on not getting the unit you're looking for, not to mention that her weapon effect and personal dance skill are already really good.

Depends on what you're looking for.

In terms of support capabilities,

Legendary Azura is the best general-use dancer due to the fact that her exclusive dance skill Gray Waves grants +1 movement to units with 2 movement range, and her Prayer Wheel allows her to easily grant +5/5/5/5 (with Earth Dance or Water Dance) or +6/6/6/6 (with any Tactic skill or movement-type Hone or Fortify skill) field buffs.

Duo Sigurd currently has the advantage of being the only dancer with 3 movement (that is independent of positioning and team composition), which allows him to keep up with cavalry allies. Additionally, his Duo skill also effectively allows him to use Reposition without using his turn action.

Duo Peony has the ability to dance twice per turn due to her Duo skill. Additionally, both her exclusive dance skill Gentle Dream and her Duo skill grant +3/3/3/3 field buffs and Warp Powder to the target, and Gentle Dream also grants both effects to all allies within Ploy range of both her and her target.

Leanne and Reyson are the best dancers that are compatible with beast units. They have 3 movement when transformed and provide a decent amount of passive healing for the team, but otherwise have nothing particularly special about them.

In terms of combat ability, it's most worth highlighting New Year Plumeria, who has 46 base Atk with an Atk Asset, making her the second strongest Brave Bow user in the game after Plegian Raphael. (Technically speaking, Ulir is also better, but there's hardly a reason to run Brave Bow over Holy Yewfelle, and Picnic Faye can also compete with Plumeria despite having lower Atk by virtue of having access to Bold Fighter, which is the only reason Raphael strictly beats Plumeria despite having the same Atk stat.)

NY Peony and Plegian Dorothea are the two units that can dance twice in a single turn, by having both a dance assist and duo skill. In general, I feel like NY Peony is the best, although Plegian Dorothea has a wider range and her game restriction isn't an issue for refreshing Marianne. Dorothea is also expected to be rerun on the Double Special banner this week.

17 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

You could probably get good feedback in the discussion thread for Heroes, if you can't quite get what you're looking for here.

Wow, thanks. I didn't even know there was such a thread (and there are 2975 pages there!).

19 minutes ago, indigoasis said:
22 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

It depends on what mode you playing, Plumeria/Peony are my favorites in their own season.  I love using L!Azura on Arena when there is water season so it really depends on which mode. If I had to choose one for overall, probably Plumeria.

Well I generally don't care about Arena or Aether Raids (and to be honest when I DO play in the arena I dont even pay attention to the season, is generally just for the free orb after 4 victories in a row), but any recommendation is welcome, I think is time to have a new recommendation thread on refreshers since the others I see are all from like 2018 or 2019. So if someone else is looking for the answer in which refresher to use to Arena or whatever, it will be here. 

For general use, I use Either Triandra, New year Plumeria or Plumeria, who are my lv 40 refreshers.

I also Have a lv 40 legendary Azura, but to be honest, for me she seems to be WAY less decent than people say she is, I mean as a refresher and support only she is fine and grey waves is pretty useful, but now when I have to play a map where it is required for the whole team to survive (specially when there are reinforcements) it is pretty frustrating to use her and also its kinda hard to kill stuff with her (specially because my L!Azura is -spd and nowadays a unit with 35 speed won't double everything anymore, specially in +40 maps, so her usefulness is kind of decaying for me). 

And a P!Olivia which is only good for refreshing and supporting anyway but is pretty useless nowadays considering my other options.

So basically, even tough I already have 3 great refreshers (Plumeria, New year Plumeria and Triandra) at level 40, I'm considering to level other of my 5* refreshers that are: Peony, New year Peony, Leanne, OG!Azura and OG!Ninian. For general use, including combat (not only refreshing and supporting role). I'm pretty sure Peony and New year Peony are good (actually both seem pretty similar) so which of them I will use will depend on the rest of the team I guess, but I also want to know if the other 3 (Leanne, OG!Azura and OG!Ninian) are... Lets say "recommendable"? I'm particularly interested in Leanne after seeing her Spd and Res on GamePress, also her mid/low Atk seem workable (unlike Ninian's 37 Atk including weapon) and also she can move 3 spaces when transformed (then becoming a flying unit that moves 3 spaces which is great) but I'm affraid that she will become another L!Azura in my collection (benched)

Basically, I'm between Leanne and Peony for now for this team (But again, any different recommentation is welcome). (I will definively use New year Peony some day but not now because my new team already has 2 green units so I'll save her for later, and if I pick Leanne over Peony now I will end up using Peony someday too because I already know that she is probably worth it, but if I pick Peony now I guess I probably won't use Leanne? I don't know if she is worth the trouble)

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

NY Peony and Plegian Dorothea are the two units that can dance twice in a single turn, by having both a dance assist and duo skill. In general, I feel like NY Peony is the best, although Plegian Dorothea has a wider range and her game restriction isn't an issue for refreshing Marianne. Dorothea is also expected to be rerun on the Double Special banner this week.

Oh, really?! great! thanks. I was about to say that I don't have Dorothea but since she is going to be rerun this week, I guess I'll pool for her.

5 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wow, thanks. I didn't even know there was such a thread (and there are 2975 pages there!).

Well I generally don't care about Arena or Aether Raids (and to be honest when I DO play in the arena I dont even pay attention to the season, is generally just for the free orb after 4 victories in a row), but any recommendation is welcome, I think is time to have a new recommendation thread on refreshers since the others I see are all from like 2018 or 2019. So if someone else is looking for the answer in which refresher to use to Arena or whatever, it will be here. 

For general use, I use Either Triandra, New year Plumeria or Plumeria, who are my lv 40 refreshers.

I also Have a lv 40 legendary Azura, but to be honest, for me she seems to be WAY less decent than people say she is, I mean as a refresher and support only she is fine and grey waves is pretty useful, but now when I have to play a map where it is required for the whole team to survive (specially when there are reinforcements) it is pretty frustrating to use her and also its kinda hard to kill stuff with her (specially because my L!Azura is -spd and nowadays a unit with 35 speed won't double everything anymore, specially in +40 maps, so her usefulness is kind of decaying for me). 

And a P!Olivia which is only good for refreshing and supporting anyway but is pretty useless nowadays considering my other options.

So basically, even tough I already have 3 great refreshers (Plumeria, New year Plumeria and Triandra) at level 40, I'm considering to level other of my 5* refreshers that are: Peony, New year Peony, Leanne, OG!Azura and OG!Ninian. For general use, including combat (not only refreshing and supporting role). I'm pretty sure Peony and New year Peony are good (actually both seem pretty similar) so which of them I will use will depend on the rest of the team I guess, but I also want to know if the other 3 (Leanne, OG!Azura and OG!Ninian) are... Lets say "recommendable"? I'm particularly interested in Leanne after seeing her Spd and Res on GamePress, also her mid/low Atk seem workable (unlike Ninian's 37 Atk including weapon) and also she can move 3 spaces when transformed (then becoming a flying unit that moves 3 spaces which is great) but I'm affraid that she will become another L!Azura in my collection (benched)

Basically, I'm between Leanne and Peony for now for this team (But again, any different recommentation is welcome). (I will definively use New year Peony some day but not now because my new team already has 2 green units so I'll save her for later, and if I pick Leanne over Peony now I will end up using Peony someday too because I already know that she is probably worth it, but if I pick Peony now I guess I probably won't use Leanne? I don't know if she is worth the trouble)

In general, I would suggest not worrying about the color of dancers, they aren't normally meant to fight. I also suggest training your other dancers, there's basically no cost to training a unit and they can come in handy.

If you already have NY Peony, I'd say just use her.

Just adding something: I think we should really have some kind of filter for dancers in this game to find them faster, I hate rolling over all of my heroes just to find the refreshers since they are is no filter to put them all together like we have for movement types/weapon/color. We should really have some kind of "hability filter"(even tough for me just a "refresher filter" would be fine already)

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sorry if I sound dense by asking this, but what do you mean by "her game restriction isnt a issue for refreshing Marianne"? It is about her duo skill only affecting Genealogy and 3 houses characters, right?

@ARMADS!!! Dancers typically should not be engaging in combat at all, considering they usually have weapons with limited combat performance and have a stat penalty compared to combat units released at the same time.

If you're looking for a combat dancer, you're typically going to have to give up on support effects.

The most notable combat dancers aside from New Year Plumeria, who I already mentioned, are

• Dancer Eldigan, who has good Atk and physical bulk and is easily accessible as a Grail unit.
  • Dancer Micaiah, who deals effective damage against cavalry and armors.
  • Dancer Ethlin, who has good Atk and Spd and can run Windsweep with no penalty.
  • Any dancer with access to a Litrblade.
  • Any dancer with decent Atk and Spd and access to a Litrfox.
  • Any dancer with decent Atk and access to a ranged Brave weapon.

9 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Just adding something: I think we should really have some kind of filter for dancers in this game to find them faster, I hate rolling over all of my heroes just to find the refreshers since they are is no filter to put them all together like we have for movement types/weapon/color. We should really have some kind of "hability filter"(even tough for me just a "refresher filter" would be fine already)

I just allocate one of my favorite groups for dancers (for me, light blue).

3 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Sorry if I sound dense by asking this, but what do you mean by "her game restriction isnt a issue for refreshing Marianne"? It is about her duo skill only affecting Genealogy and 3 houses characters, right?

Harmonic skills only affect allies who come from the same source game as the unit. Harmonic Dorothea's Harmonic skill only works on allies from Genealogy and Three Houses, which is not a problem when running Brave Marianne, but can be a problem for other teammates.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Harmonic skills only affect allies who come from the same source game as the unit. Harmonic Dorothea's Harmonic skill only works on allies from Genealogy and Three Houses, which is not a problem when running Brave Marianne, but can be a problem for other teammates.

I use a favorite group as well, although I agree with wishing it was possible to filter for them without doing that.

And yeah, that's what I'd meant - Marianne is from one of the two games Dorothea affects.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

In general, I would suggest not worrying about the color of dancers, they aren't normally meant to fight. I also suggest training your other dancers, there's basically no cost to training a unit and they can come in handy.

If you already have NY Peony, I'd say just use her.

Well, I guess I'll follow this advice about training my dancers, thanks (Probably won't bother with Ninian for now though, I mean... 37 Atk with the weapon is just...).

But I guess I'll use Peony for now because, even if the color of the dancers generally don't matter, right now my whole team is at level 3 or 4, and when I raise my heroes to lv 40 I generally put them in teams of diverse members (like, the team has to have at least 1 unit that deals physical damage and 1 that deals magical damage, at least 1 unit with a 1 ranged weapon and 1 unit with a 2 ranged weapon, no more than 2 teamates of the same color, I generally avoid using a team that most units are armoured or that the 4 units are flying, and also avoid making teams that don't have at least 1 unit with high defense and one unit with high resistence, and avoid putting 2 dancers in the same team) until they reach lv 40 (or almost) because then its easier and faster to train them to the max level, otherwise (like, if the team has the 4 units being ranged attackers, or no one has high defense, or everyone is of the same color) it will be harder to pass some maps. I also do this so I can get the orbs in the training tower easier (because if I have a diverse team then the chance of someone dying is lower). But those teams only stick until everyone reaches level 40, after this it won't mater anymore. So I'll use Peony with Marianne in this team until everyone is trained, but I'll definitively train NY Peony too in other team (as fast as I can, she seems quite good), as well as Leanne and OG! Azura someday.

I also got really interested in Dorothea because her Duo hability is great and can affect Marianne, so if I get her next week I will definitively use her with Marianne in lots of maps (but they will be in different teams because next week Marianne will be lv 40 already, so I'll put them togheter after they're both maxed out)

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@ARMADS!!! Dancers typically should not be engaging in combat at all, considering they usually have weapons with limited combat performance and have a stat penalty compared to combat units released at the same time.

If you're looking for a combat dancer, you're typically going to have to give up on support effects.

The most notable combat dancers aside from New Year Plumeria, who I already mentioned, are

• Dancer Eldigan, who has good Atk and physical bulk and is easily accessible as a Grail unit.
  • Dancer Micaiah, who deals effective damage against cavalry and armors.
  • Dancer Ethlin, who has good Atk and Spd and can run Windsweep with no penalty.
  • Any dancer with access to a Litrblade.
  • Any dancer with decent Atk and Spd and access to a Litrfox.
  • Any dancer with decent Atk and access to a ranged Brave weapon.

Well, thats good to know, I think I know who is going to be the next unit I will promote to 5*. having a high physical bulk flying dancer sounds nice.

OH! Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know how I didn't think about this but its something I need to do to stop the desperate dancer searching when I'm going to an important map.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

43 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

and when I raise my heroes to lv 40 I generally put them in teams of diverse members

You can pretty efficiently level up your units using the Special Training maps without the need to worry about team composition. Without any effects that double experience gain (Exp. skill, blessing, Legendary/Mythic status, event bonus, etc.), you can get a single unit from level 1 to level 40 by running the Special Training maps in sequence from lowest to highest, repeating the Lunatic map 2 or 3 times, which is a total of only 60-75 stamina and about 15-20 minutes. (With boosted experience gain, you only need to do the Lunatic map once, and you can potentially skip some of the lower-level maps depending on the stat spread of the unit you're training.)

The melee maps (which are active today) can be easily cleared by equipping the Close Def Sacred Seal (or Quick Riposte for slow units) and having a staff unit with Physic+ and the Close Guard Sacred Seal. The same can be done with the ranged maps (which are active tomorrow) (replacing Close skills with Distant skills) by just camping the bridge.

I personally prefer the melee and ranged maps over the other maps because this leaves 2 free team slots that can be used for Exp., Valor, and Chill skills.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can pretty efficiently level up your units using the Special Training maps without the need to worry about team composition. Without any effects that double experience gain (Exp. skill, blessing, Legendary/Mythic status, event bonus, etc.), you can get a single unit from level 1 to level 40 by running the Special Training maps in sequence from lowest to highest, repeating the Lunatic map 2 or 3 times, which is a total of only 60-75 stamina and about 15-20 minutes. (With boosted experience gain, you only need to do the Lunatic map once, and you can potentially skip some of the lower-level maps depending on the stat spread of the unit you're training.)

The melee maps (which are active today) can be easily cleared by equipping the Close Def Sacred Seal (or Quick Riposte for slow units) and having a staff unit with Physic+ and the Close Guard Sacred Seal. The same can be done with the ranged maps (which are active tomorrow) (replacing Close skills with Distant skills) by just camping the bridge.

I personally prefer the melee and ranged maps over the other maps because this leaves 2 free team slots that can be used for Exp., Valor, and Chill skills.

Oh, thats a good idea too. Don't know if this is common knowledge and I'm dumb or if this is just a pretty good idea. I just cleared the secial training maps like once each for the orbs but I never really thought about continuing to use them after that, soI think I will start to do it from now on while still training in the normal training maps sometimes to get all the monthly orbs from them (which are 10 per month). Generally I have fun training but sometimes it starts to take too much time after like, level 30 or 35.

Personally, my go-to is Dancing Rinea. She's a grail unit which makes her super accessible and easy to +10. Her weapon also has a built-in Dull skill (I can't remember if it's Dull Close or Dull Ranged, though) which makes her good for giving a little extra defense, and you can give her those skills (one being a seal) in order to bump up her protective abilities. There's also Dancing Sigurd+Diedre, of course. They're seasonal, so they have limited availability (though their banner should be coming up within the next month), but they're also a cav unit, which gives them the ability to reach further targets.

Edit: Sorry, not Dull. I'm totally blanking on what it's called, but it's the one with the bell.

Edit again: It's Distant Guard that's built in.

Edited by Mercakete

+1 for dancer eldigan. Reyson's my +10 for tellius bias and team healing sustain, but eldigan hits hard and is *shockingly* tanky even in this year for a dancer.

You may also want to hold off for a month before seriously investing in a dancer since there's usually a dancer banner that comes around september (if i'm remembering right).

6 hours ago, kradeelav said:

+1 for dancer eldigan. Reyson's my +10 for tellius bias and team healing sustain, but eldigan hits hard and is *shockingly* tanky even in this year for a dancer.

You may also want to hold off for a month before seriously investing in a dancer since there's usually a dancer banner that comes around september (if i'm remembering right).

That's true. Should be the next seasonal banner, in two weeks.