Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also I don't know why, but from the og trailer, I did not imagine Louis looking like he did. I had an image of him looking like a younger Gilliam in my head lol.

Same actually, I didnt expect him to look so different than what I imagined, I thought he'd have darker skin for some reason.

45 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also I don't know why, but from the og trailer, I did not imagine Louis looking like he did. I had an image of him looking like a younger Gilliam in my head lol.

Same here! He looks even younger than I was expecting, but I appreciate the surprise~

58 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Looks like arrows shot by the archer fall under his feet, which is insane attention to detail.

Ooh, I didn't notice that! Thank you, Kien!

44 minutes ago, JrGray said:

I LOVE that screen shakes when Louis walks! That is sick!

I didn't notice that either, thanks!

One thing I did notice though, is Louis having three distinct animations during that clip with Alear. I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment but I wonder if we'll have more "stock animations" for in-game conversations than Three Houses did. I know I said this after the Vander cutscene too, so I hope that's a good sign. Well it's either that or the disappointment thing.

At least we can all agree that the world looks prettier and prettier the more we see of it, right?

And narratively, we have four people from the holy land and at least three from Firene (with maybe three more if each noble has two retainers). I wonder if each country will have an equal number of representatives in the army and (again) if that'll leave any room for civilians. Hmm...

Also, it's cool to see thieves returning! Thanks to @Ziegenpeter for pointing that out as well!

EDIT: Just saw the translation of the conversation with Alear. I get why she's weirded out, because him just "looking at girls" sounds really creepy without the prior implications that he just likes people-watching in general.  Granted that would be uncomfortable regardless of the genders involved, but FE does have a history of including creepy people like that...

Edited by DefyingFates

Forgot to mention, but we do hear bits of the enemy phase music which I like already. It kinda sounds like older FEs enemy phase music

Edited by Crubat

Louis armor looks slick. By far the best design revealed for me. I hope Great Knight is returning because appearance is not gonna make me use armor unit on foot.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Just saw the translation of the conversation with Alear. I get why she's weirded out, because him just "looking at girls" sounds really creepy without the prior implications that he just likes people-watching in general.  Granted that would be uncomfortable regardless of the genders involved, but FE does have a history of including creepy people like that...

I think this is the "creepy/suspicious actions done by person with innocent intention" trope. If he were the designated creepy character it would have been more obvious, they have no problem hiding it.

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Sure, it's silly. But is it more silly than a tome that contains one spell, and that one spell has limited uses. What are you doing? Throwing burning pages at the enemy one by one?

I have already made my peace with how tomes work in general RPG and Fire Emblem. This is just the new silly thing that I noticed.

12 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I think this is the "creepy/suspicious actions done by person with innocent intention" trope. If he were the designated creepy character it would have been more obvious, they have no problem hiding it.

The only game I have seen this work well is Aofie in VC4. The character needs a certain level of naïveté for it to be done well. We will have to see more of Louis to tell.

Edited by ciphertul

Glad that we got a character bio this time, and not another Emblem bio. Louis looks like he could be an entertaining character. His armor looks pretty cool, and he got a nice crit animation.

His description specifically mentioning him wielding lances makes me wonder if FE4/FE10 style armor knights and cavaliers are making a return. While it could be cool to have sword or even dagger/hidden weapon using armor knights, it could also clog up the class pool a fair bit, especially if we take promotions into account.  

3 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

His description specifically mentioning him wielding lances makes me wonder if FE4/FE10 style armor knights and cavaliers are making a return. While it could be cool to have sword or even dagger/hidden weapon using armor knights, it could also clog up the class pool a fair bit, especially if we take promotions into account.  

Every other class bio has mentioned a weapon so yeah maybe

1 minute ago, kienquocsi said:

Some more things I found out:

- Louise's class is Lance Armor / Heavy Armor

- Armor knight has 4 movement like other infantry now!

WOAH thats kinda big... I didnt even think about the movement

36 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

That's true. I wasn't doubting that Louis wasn't an innocent guy myself, but I still appreciate you pointing that out: thanks!

12 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

- Louise's class is Lance Armor / Heavy Armor

7 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm suspecting weapons are somewhat more character specific this time. Because Vander as an axe-locked Paladin rather than a Great Knight is still unusual.

Huh, that could be an interesting compromise between the rigidity of past FEs and 3H's freedom: characters being weapon-locked but able to use whatever classes they want (though of course I hope classes aren't gender-locked as well).

12 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

- Armor knight has 4 movement like other infantry now!

Ooh, very interesting! Maybe instead of limited movement, the difference between armors and infantry is purely down to stats this time? That would keep armors relevant in all maps, not just Defend or desert ones. It would also mesh well with what I said to Olivier's comment too, if armor and mounts are things anyone can use to modify their natural skills. Thank you for your observations!

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's true. I wasn't doubting that Louis wasn't an innocent guy myself, but I still appreciate you pointing that out: thanks!

Huh, that could be an interesting compromise between the rigidity of past FEs and 3H's freedom: characters being weapon-locked but able to use whatever classes they want (though of course I hope classes aren't gender-locked as well).

Ooh, very interesting! Maybe instead of limited movement, the difference between armors and infantry is purely down to stats this time? That would keep armors relevant in all maps, not just Defend or desert ones. It would also mesh well with what I said to Olivier's comment too, if armor and mounts are things anyone can use to modify their natural skills. Thank you for your observations!

I hadn't thought of it that way, but if you're right, it would make it highly unusual for say, Louis to reclass into a Swordmaster, lol. 

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm very certain there is no compromise, there's just going to be no class-switching at all beyond promotion gains, like the classic titles.
And the fact we know Pegi-Knights are back confirms gender-locks by the nature of such.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I hadn't thought of it that way, but if you're right, it would make it highly unusual for say, Louis to reclass into a Swordmaster, lol. 

That's the thing though, we haven't seen any explicit class names yet, just stuff like "Dragon Child/ Dragon" or "Noble/ Mystical". It could mean that the first half denotes the character's personal weapon capabilities and the latter denotes a unit type, so Louis could just go from "Lancer/ Armor" to "Lancer/ Infantry" or something similar.

4 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

And the fact we know Pegi-Knights are back confirms gender-locks by the nature of such.

And by the same token, we don't know if these are Pegasus Knights in the traditional sense of something like Fates' Sky Knights. After all, we've already seen axe-wielding "pegasus knights".

But if pegasi are gender-locked, all will be forgiven if guys get wyverns or an equivalent just as quickly (with other equivalent options for any other gender-locking for both genders, of course).

10 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

I'm very certain there is no compromise, there's just going to be no class-switching at all beyond promotion gains, like the classic titles.

So we really seem to be going back to RD’s flavor here but this makes me even more concerned for how promotions work. Do we not get more weapons after promotion? Vander is the only promoted unit we see and he is locked to a single weapon despite being in a class that has wielded at least two in nearly all games.

3 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

So we really seem to be going back to RD’s flavor here but this makes me even more concerned for how promotions work. Do we not get more weapons after promotion? Vander is the only promoted unit we see and he is locked to a single weapon despite being in a class that has wielded at least two in nearly all games.

Maybe it has something to do with balancing the units? Cause we saw some units who aren't promoted be able to use two weapon types, while Vander has a horse, so maybe giving him only one weapon type will make him less powerful. 

Edited by Rose482

3 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Maybe it has something to do with balancing the units? Cause we saw some units who aren't promoted be able to use two weapon types, while Vander has a horse, so maybe giving him only one weapon type will make him less powerful. 

Not including staves, Celine has been the only playable unit shown wielding multiple weapons so far.

7 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Not including staves, Celine has been the only playable unit shown wielding multiple weapons so far.

She only was able to wield a staff through engaging with Celica.

I wonder if the reason they decided to make armor knights have equal movement with normal infantry units (apart from 3 movement being awful)) is that break might make them useless since they're mostly enemy phase units. Thinking more about it, I'm guessing break stops enemies from counterattacking and stuff like Marth's "Break Defenses" might debuff def and res when a break happens.

4 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I wonder if the reason they decided to make armor knights have equal movement with normal infantry units (apart from 3 movement being awful)) is that break might make them useless since they're mostly enemy phase units. Thinking more about it, I'm guessing break stops enemies from counterattacking and stuff like Marth's "Break Defenses" might debuff def and res when a break happens.

Still multiple types. Swords and tomes, or were the swords or tomes also from engaging with Celica?

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

Still multiple types. Swords and tomes, or were the swords or tomes also from engaging with Celica?

Celine wields swords and tomes in her base class

Edited by Crubat

6 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Did she? Are you sure? Cause I could swear I've seen the staff icon on that silver haired girl without Celica's icon being near her. 

1 minute ago, Rose482 said:

Did she? Are you sure? Cause I could swear I've seen the staff icon on that silver haired girl without Celica's icon being near her. 

Do you mean Framme? She always wields staves since shes a healer. But Celine never wielded staves unless she had celica engaged with her, she can only wield swords and tomes (which is what the class bio also said).