Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

45 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, well spotted to Halvey indeed! Thanks for this! And yeah, it does seem like armor knights likely get off easy in some way. Thanks again!

This further makes me wonder if the player can get broken. If not it’s just another advantage the armors have as an enemy.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This mechanic makes me worry that this will be yet another game that hates enemy-phase players.

Well,  the game already looks easy enough as it is; so there shouldn't really be an need for turtling, even with the decreased movement (although, this will probably. cap at 8, again ). Unless there's an enemy-exclusive counter against breaking or that they don't include reinforcement spawns, then it looks like the devs really don't care much about it being an strategy game

Nice to have some confirmation on the break mechanic. Seems very OP and I'm curious to see if it will be usable by enemies too.

I do hope we go back to characters soon. I'm surprised we haven't gotten stuff about Etie, axe bro, Chloé and Sigurd at least.

3 minutes ago, Crubat said:

new screenshot of celica, I guess getting rings will do a lil cutscene maybe? Or at the very least a screen like this

That picture reminds me of a Pokémon evolution screen. Your priestess Celica has evolved to a princess Celica! (Evolution jingle)

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This mechanic makes me worry that this will be yet another game that hates enemy-phase players.

Good.

2 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Well,  the game already looks easy enough as it is; so there shouldn't really be an need for turtling, even with the decreased movement (although, this will probably. cap at 8, again ). Unless there's an enemy-exclusive counter against breaking or that they don't include reinforcement spawns, then it looks like the devs really don't care much about it being an strategy game

man, why is it always Fire Emblem that gets this weird heightened standard that literally no other strategy game get. Tactics Ogre has neither counters or reinforcements let no one says it isn't a strategy game (BUY TO: REBORN NEXT MONTH!!).

It is important to remember that you are also prone to being broken. Having 2 fights worth of free damage against you is punishing and will easily lead to some death spirals if you aren't careful. Given how small the equippable weapon selection is early on (even your Jeigen Vander is axe-locked), you really have to be careful on who is frontlining.

Hopefully that the showing of the triangle just means that Dragonstones are off the chart instead of not existing. Would be strange to not have them.

1 minute ago, KoriCongo said:

Hopefully that the showing of the triangle just means that Dragonstones are off the chart instead of not existing. Would be strange to not have them.

Dragonstones haven't really been in a weapon triangle before so it makes sense that they aren't shown here

I bet some enemies, mostly bosses, will be break immune.

2 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Honestly, I'd say that your units are likely going to be themselves susceptible to breaks. And I would imagine the consequences of that would SUCK (not only you cannot counter in that combat, but the next enemy gets to attack you with no fear of counter? Yipe. Sounds rather punishing, especially if there's some uber hard difficulty in the game a la Maddening).

Edited by Shadow Mir

45 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

You bullied them into taking down the post, congrats! I'm sure we'll see it again in a little bit, but did anyone save the image while it was still up?

In case you didn't already know, both the original tweet and the redone tweet are there.

32 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Hopefully that the showing of the triangle just means that Dragonstones are off the chart instead of not existing.

Or that they're being hidden to avoid spoilers. Then again, we only know of two dragons so far (Alear and the mystery girl, and a third if Corrin gives dragonstone access to her wearer) and not even if they'll use dragon breaths, so maybe there's no point putting them on the list in the first place.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

In case you didn't already know, both the original tweet and the redone tweet are there.

Ah I didn't, thanks! I just got home so didn't have time to check after my initial message (it wasn't there then):

I get the Pokemon comparison now. Emblems seem to be apparitions instead of the Heroes themselves, so it makes sense that they'd exist in a sort of limbo like that, I guess? Either that, or this is just some sort of viewing gallery for all units.

In the former case, I just hope any splash screens like this are used sparingly. Things could get kinda... goofy otherwise.

I haven't been keeping up on this, but...

16 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

SoV spoiler

Spoiler

"Sole survivor of the royal family of Zofia?" What about Conrad?

Anyway, what I came here to ask: Has there been anything showing what the rings look like besides Marth's, Sigurd's, Celica's, and that dark one in the trailer? I keep just being so curious about that.

Edited by Mercakete

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

What about Conrad?

It's kind of hard to be an mysterious masked knight in shining armor if everyone knows that's an royal bastard.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Has there been anything showing what the rings look like besides Marth's, Sigurd's, Celica's, and that dark one in the trailer?

Not yet, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

That's considered a spoiler

I edited my post to put it in spoiler tags; my bad; I thought it was common knowledge on here by now.

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

Glad to get more English dialogue! I think it may be worth adding English equivalents to Japanese tweets we've gotten to the main post, maybe (so basically just the Marth and Celica ones so far)?

Also, does F!Alear sound familiar to anyone? She reminds me a little of Erica Mendez (Bernadetta, Katheryne and Ayaka in Genshin Impact) but I don't think it's her...

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

As far as footage goes, feels like NoA is leaning more into showing off older characters as opposed to newer ones.

It feels like they're at the beginning of their news cycle. Hopefully they give us new content, but I wouldn't be surprised if most (if not all) of the stuff they reveal comes weeks after FireEmblemJP shows off the same thing. The English dialogue and text is always going to be useful though.

But the slow news could be a blessing in disguise, since Nintendo has a tendency to spoil everything about a few of their games right before release. Though I don't recall any recent examples, so it's probably fine.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Glad to get more English dialogue! I think it may be worth adding English equivalents to Japanese tweets we've gotten to the main post, maybe (so basically just the Marth and Celica ones so far)?

Also, does F!Alear sound familiar to anyone? She reminds me a little of Erica Mendez (Bernadetta, Katheryne and Ayaka in Genshin Impact) but I don't think it's her...

It feels like they're at the beginning of their news cycle. Hopefully they give us new content, but I wouldn't be surprised if most (if not all) of the stuff they reveal comes weeks after FireEmblemJP shows off the same thing. The English dialogue and text is always going to be useful though.

But the slow news could be a blessing in disguise, since Nintendo has a tendency to spoil everything about a few of their games right before release. Though I don't recall any recent examples, so it's probably fine.

Definitely not Erica Mendez. As a huge Bernadetta and Ayaka fan, I'd recognize her voice in a heartbeat if it was.

Popular guess I'm seeing around reddit and other places is Laura Stahl.