Engage Leak Thread *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHOY*

Azz

3 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

I am laughing at Diamant's S-support.

Reveal hidden contents

He tries to give you a ring, made out the melted metal of his medal his dad gave him.
Yeah, dude's absolutely a male romance chad. All hail the King of Brodia.

I may have to marry this himbo of a man.

I know the S supports aren't desirable, but I am a fan of first of all, the children being children thank god and second, I prefer the more 'you infer if this is romantic or not'. It's why I enjoyed non-Byleth paired endings so much in Three Houses.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

I am laughing at Diamant's S-support.

Hide contents

He tries to give you a ring, made out the melted metal of his medal his dad gave him.
Yeah, dude's absolutely a male romance chad. All hail the King of Brodia.

Spoiler

Some of the Sranks are very clearly romantic and sweet. This is why it’s so weird that the ending cards are so vague. It’s like they didn't put any effort into them.

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

Just got it! All cgs, including confession here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15b-Vw2yGxLNH92NiY-4X09aVSJ3HkFox

Spoiler

Holy crap Anna's ending CG. That's literally Awakening and Fates Anna what are they doing there.

1 minute ago, Adubuu said:

While the art might be a bit hit or miss, the pictures themselves seem very cute. Framme's especially looks gosh darn adorable. 

I have to say, I quite enjoy the art. Much better than 3H. The ending CGs are especially beautiful imo.

1 minute ago, GrimmLow said:
  Hide contents

Holy crap Anna's ending CG. That's literally Awakening and Fates Anna what are they doing there.

Spoiler

Probably just as references. Also it is pretty heavily implied that Anna just can travel cross dimensions via the outrealms so...

Just now, Azz said:

I have to say, I quite enjoy the art. Much better than 3H. The ending CGs are especially beautiful imo.

Reveal hidden contents

Probably just as references. Also it is pretty heavily implied that Anna just can travel cross dimensions via the outrealms so...

Didn't look at the ending CGs, I'll save those for the ending! But yes, better than a lot of the 3H ones, a lot of the 3H ones didn't look at all like the character. 

3 minutes ago, Gatekeep, Girlboss said:

We got a bond ring list/pngs yet?

Yes.

As well as all unique S-Ring Skills, excluding the Askr Trio's.

Spoiler

Claude: If unit's HP = 100%, +1 range with bows.
Dimitri: Use to make an attack to adjacent foe, then move 1 space away after combat.
Edelgard: If unit makes an attack, chance to freeze foe. Trigger % = damage dealt.

Alm: If unit attacks foe with a sword, may cancel foe's counterattack. Trigger % = luck.
Mae: If unit uses thunder, elthunder, or thoron, +20% damage.

Innes: If unit initiates combat, attacks may be guaranteed to hit. Trigger % = Dex.
Marisa: When unit lands a critical hit, chance to instantly kill foe. Trigger % = 30%. (Does not work on bosses.)

Soren: If unit initiates combat with Wind equipped, unit may attack an additional time. Trigger % = Dex.
Mia: Use to push an ally with lower BLD 1 space away.

Xander: If unit initiates combat while foe's HP = 100%, unit deals +2 damage and takes -2 damage.
Ryoma: If unit's level is higher than foe, unit deals +2 damage and takes -2 damage, and gains crit+10.

Finn: Chance to dodge lethal attacks. Trigger % = Luck.
Olwen: When unit iniaties combat with thunder equipped, attack twice.

Eliwood: Use to move 1 space away from adjacent ally and pull ally along.
Nino: If unit initiates combat with Excalibur, deal +20% damage.

Chrom: Add +5% to all skills with trigger rates.
Lissa: When unit heals an ally, heal +5 additional HP.

Navarre: If unit iniatiates combat with a sword, gain crit+10.
Caeda: If foe iniates combat and your HP is less than 50%, take -5 damage.

Elincia: If dealing enough damage to defeat foe, instead leave foe with 1 HP.
Sothe: May reduce foes to 1 HP. Trigger % = half of DEX. Does not work on bosses.

Dieck: Grants hit+20 when equipped with a heavy weapon.
Lilina: If unit uses fire, elfire, or bolganone, damage +20%.

Seliph: Grants a stacking +1 crit each time unit initiates combat and defeats a foe. Lasts until end of map. Max +10.
Deirdre: Recover 5 HP per turn

Just now, Cosmic_Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Wait so, is the ring only meant to be like a sign of caring for that person, but not necessarily in a romantic way or something like that? Because iirc, isn't Veyle supposed to be Alear's sister?

Spoiler

Yes. A lot of the S supports with Veyle (cause related) and underage characters are all platonic. Then with other characters, it depends but there is a mixture of romantic/platonic regardless of gender. Most of the romance you do kinda have to squint

1 minute ago, Cosmic_Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Wait so, is the ring only meant to be like a sign of caring for that person, but not necessarily in a romantic way or something like that? Because iirc, isn't Veyle supposed to be Alear's sister?

Spoiler

The ring is a pact ring. Think of it kind of like the merc whistle from three hopes if you played that. Just some people accept the ring in a much more romantic sense well others it’s just a platonic bond like Veyle

28 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:
  Hide contents

Holy cow did they drop the ball hard on the writing in this game. The story is basic and dumb. All the characters are tropey and don't develop. And the character endings are largely gone outside of the Avatar and even those are basic.

Just...wow....how did we go from Three Houses, one of the most story heavy and character driven games in the franchise, to this garbage?

For shame IS. The next game better correct this.

Spoiler

I doubt they cared about the lore for this anniversary game. Seems like the fanservice overload was decided before a story on par with the scope of Three Houses.

5 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Yes.

Reveal hidden contents

As well as all unique S-Ring Skills, excluding the Askr Trio's.

Reveal hidden contents

Claude: If unit's HP = 100%, +1 range with bows.
Dimitri: Use to make an attack to adjacent foe, then move 1 space away after combat.
Edelgard: If unit makes an attack, chance to freeze foe. Trigger % = damage dealt.

Alm: If unit attacks foe with a sword, may cancel foe's counterattack. Trigger % = luck.
Mae: If unit uses thunder, elthunder, or thoron, +20% damage.

Innes: If unit initiates combat, attacks may be guaranteed to hit. Trigger % = Dex.
Marisa: When unit lands a critical hit, chance to instantly kill foe. Trigger % = 30%. (Does not work on bosses.)

Soren: If unit initiates combat with Wind equipped, unit may attack an additional time. Trigger % = Dex.
Mia: Use to push an ally with lower BLD 1 space away.

Xander: If unit initiates combat while foe's HP = 100%, unit deals +2 damage and takes -2 damage.
Ryoma: If unit's level is higher than foe, unit deals +2 damage and takes -2 damage, and gains crit+10.

Finn: Chance to dodge lethal attacks. Trigger % = Luck.
Olwen: When unit iniaties combat with thunder equipped, attack twice.

Eliwood: Use to move 1 space away from adjacent ally and pull ally along.
Nino: If unit initiates combat with Excalibur, deal +20% damage.

Chrom: Add +5% to all skills with trigger rates.
Lissa: When unit heals an ally, heal +5 additional HP.

Navarre: If unit iniatiates combat with a sword, gain crit+10.
Caeda: If foe iniates combat and your HP is less than 50%, take -5 damage.

Elincia: If dealing enough damage to defeat foe, instead leave foe with 1 HP.
Sothe: May reduce foes to 1 HP. Trigger % = half of DEX. Does not work on bosses.

Dieck: Grants hit+20 when equipped with a heavy weapon.
Lilina: If unit uses fire, elfire, or bolganone, damage +20%.

Seliph: Grants a stacking +1 crit each time unit initiates combat and defeats a foe. Lasts until end of map. Max +10.
Deirdre: Recover 5 HP per turn

Not the TH cast having their portraits rather than actual art cause they couldn't be arsed to get OA for them lol.

Just now, Cosmic_Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Yes, it is very explicitly called a Pact Ring, something meant to facilitate an eternal bond. Can be anything from familial to romantic.

Veyle is their sister, and do have a paired ending, though it is as platonic as anything else. Funnily enough, their ending is the only one to mention any children, even if it a questionable orphan.

Spoiler

Veyle led Gradlon to prosperity\nand established an orphanage\nthere. Millennia later, an orphan\nwith dragon blood would go on\nto unify the continent.

Veyle's Solo Ending, for perspective

Spoiler

Veyle took over Gradlon and\nmade it into a lush, green land.\nShe resisted the crown for over a\ncentury, then at last gave in to\nher people's wishes and became\nthe first monarch of Gradlon.\n\nBy then, many of her old friends\nhad died, but their offspring and\n\14\6\3\0 were at the event.

3 minutes ago, Mizerous said:
  Hide contents

I doubt they cared about the lore for this anniversary game. Seems like the fanservice overload was decided before a story on par with the scope of Three Houses.

Spoiler

It's an anniversary crossover-ish title, they probably just wanted fun vibes. Honestly this isn't the kind of game that needs a "good story", save that for when the celebrations are done and we're back to serious writing.

FE writing is like above average at best anyways so i honestly don't care that much.

Incidentally, some of the supports seem a bit different in JP in terms of romantic implications.

Spoiler

All the Alear paired endings start with 'your partner, ___' in JP, including ones like Anna's. And a lot of the random mentions of 'friend' from characters like Rosado aren't present in the JP.

43 minutes ago, martystarboy said:

From the supports I've read, it feels like IS was trying to counter whatever complaints were made about Three Houses but "overcorrected" a bit too hard. They're all very platonic and if there's any subtext (especially for the same-sex ones, because god forbid) you have to squint very hard. However, I do think line delivery may be able to sell the subtext better than a broken-up text file does. Fogado/Bunet for instance is really serving a combo of Ashe/Dedue and Dimitri/Dedue and could be really heartfelt. No paired endings for everyone besides Alear is a major L, though. I've never really cared about the avatar's relationships as much as everyone else's...

Also keep in mind the translations could be a bit...janky. I remember a lot of the same-sex stuff was butchered in Three Houses when it got localized. But, considering how universal it seems. Idk! We'll see.

You actually called this one, if only a bit.

They found the JP text and its shown that some of the younger characters like Anna and Hortensia's more explicit romantic mentions are censored in the US version.

Spoiler

>MID_RELIANCE_S_#025: \14\3\2\n\8リュール\n恋人にはまだ早くても…\nパートナーにはなれると思いませんか?\14\4
>MID_RELIANCE_S_#026: \14\3\2\8\6アンナ\n…そうね。現にわたしたち、\n新商品をうみだしたパートナー同士だもんね!\14\4

"Even if it's too early for us to be lovers, don't you think we can be partners?"

Spoiler

>MID_RELIANCE_S_#029: \14\3\2\14\12オルテンシア\nあなたはこのあたしが惚れ込んだ相手なんだから!\nこれからも自信を持ってなさい。だーい好きよ!\14\4

\14\3\2\14\12 Hortensia\nYou are the person I fell in love with!\nContinue to have confidence in yourself. I love you!\14\4

1 minute ago, Endomorph said:

Incidentally, some of the supports seem a bit different in JP in terms of romantic implications.

Hide contents

All the Alear paired endings start with 'your partner, ___' in JP, including ones like Anna's. And a lot of the random mentions of 'friend' from characters like Rosado aren't present in the JP.

Spoiler

Why am i not surprised that the jp supports still imply romance with some of the younger characters 

12 minutes ago, Azz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes. A lot of the S supports with Veyle (cause related) and underage characters are all platonic. Then with other characters, it depends but there is a mixture of romantic/platonic regardless of gender. Most of the romance you do kinda have to squint

Spoiler

I see, thanks for answering that. Wish we could know which supports lean more towards romance than vagueness, but eh, no harm in waiting for that. Gotta say though, some of those images do give a more romantic vibe, like Timerra's and Yunaka's.

Still though, kind of a shame there doesn't seem to be more older ladies to S-support this time around, like Rhea or Manuela (or Catherine or Shamir if you counted them on the "older" side of the spectrum). There only seems to Momphir and that's about it (and jury's still out on whether it's romantic or platonic). Eh, I'll be fine with Yunaka though.

Edited by Cosmic_Dragon

I can't believe my first, knee-jerk reaction to this game was "FE is dead."

Now I am legit more excited and positive about this game than most people I see, online or otherwise. Go figure.

Anyway

27 minutes ago, Azz said:

Just got it! All cgs, including confession here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15b-Vw2yGxLNH92NiY-4X09aVSJ3HkFox

I've never been one to care much for the matchmaking side of FE, but I love these. They're legit great pieces of art, especially after Houses's... uh, less than stellar showing. And the ending GGs are so soothing, so to speak. I don't believe FE's ever done such a thing as these before, right? Cute little ending art for the entire cast? That's so cool, I love them.

Just now, hadosama said:
  Hide contents

Why am i not surprised that the jp supports still imply romance with some of the younger characters 

Japan!

1 minute ago, Cosmic_Dragon said:
  Hide contents

I see, thanks for answering that. Wish we could know which supports lean more towards romance than vagueness, but eh, no harm in waiting for that. Gotta say though, some of those images do give a more romantic vibe, like Timerra's and Yunaka's.

Still though, kind of a shame there doesn't seem to be more older ladies to S-support this time around, like Rhea or Manuela (or Catherine or Shamir if you counted them on the "older" side of the spectrum). There only seems to Momphir and that's about it. Eh, I'll be fine with Yunaka though.

You talk like Momphir's not enough

Really interesting to note that the royals (sans Alear and Veyle) don't have prf weapons which is surprising (also rip Alfred, Céline and Fogado who wont be able to use the S rank weapons in their special classes oof).

Speaking of S rank weapons, seems like Nova is our S rank tome I think. Also swords, lances, axes and knives have two legendary weapons, a basic one and one that acts as a smash weapon. The S rank staff fully charges someone's engage meter.